/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Burned and abandoned by men: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Reminder not to reply to tripfags.

Other urls found in this thread:

imfdb.org/wiki/Walther_P99
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I made an arc character and get annoyed with it after getting all the chalices unlocked and then made a skill character where I did the same thing.

Now I'm on a Str character but I have no motivation to play because I'm worried I'll have this problem again.

Can bbg motivate me to push through? Maybe post some creamy webms of str characters shitting on bosses or something?

Chikage users are mystic virtuosos, anarchs who shape the world in their image through will alone

Thanks to everyone who justg helped me clear that Chalice dungeon!

Nothing much in the way of upgrades for myself, lamentably.

I think it's worth noting though that it's on the sheet (6q77zr9h) as having Clawmark (+30%) but I also got a Stunning Deep Sea (Rapid Poison RES +300) on Layer 3.

Cheers!

Yes yes, studying the blade et cetera.

No problem.

>mfw a shitter tries to dash spam
>I'm using the saif

chikage users eat bloodcum

>want to use saber
>only option is to be a cuck

suffering

is the piercing rifle any good at low bloodtinge or should I stick to repeating pistol

>Want to do lady Maria build
>need SKL for rakuyo, BLT for evelyn, ARC for hunter bone and fire sword

Christ

Just do what the Maria cosplay I fought yesterday did and whip out the blade of mercy when your getting your ass kicked

You aren't a true Maria cosplay unless you're in full Cainhurst with a Ludwig's Holy Blade.

>need to GET Rakyuo
>Shark Giants
>can't arrange a weapon trade like in Dark Souls

open up all the shortcuts in hamlet, go down the well, aggro one of them.

get to lighthouse, down the elevator, kill lanterns, then threaded cane the rest of the way

fuck doing it regularly. anchor giants are bullshit.

Thank god desu

Oh, so you can range cheese them?
That should make things much more tolerable.

Thanks.

Why are people mocking using the LHB?
Is it like the Dark Sword of Bloodborne?

I think most people just think it's a boring weapon.

Which desu it is. It's not flashy at all. Even the Threaded cane has more swag. Also pretty sure saif is the R1spam fag of Bloodborne.

>I think most people just think it's a boring weapon.
It's pretty funny to think that even the most base and boring weapon in Bloodborne is leagues above the "best" weapons in Souls save maybe for the DS3 DLC weapons.

Fucking Christ, Souls game with DeS weapon selection + Bloodborne moveset detail when?

>seventy weapons with the effort that went into fifteen when?
Never.

Well, obviously a lot of the trash weapons and stuff that are essentially reskins can be cut, and note that a lot of the weapons are bows / shields / staffs that are counted as "weapons" but really aren't.

So what I'm saying is make a few weapons per category, but every weapon has a unique moveset and allow for transformation.

For example, it'd be awesome to see a spear that transforms into a twinblade.

It's basically the designated shitter weapon, almost everyone who uses it is an R1 spammer who only picked up the weapon because they googled "best weapon in Bloodborne" and saw the extremely high scaling.

santier's spear from ds2, it gets the twinblade move set when you 2H it.

>just starting story dungeons
UUUUUUGH the early ones are so boring

I'll be ringing if anyone wants to SRRC for some co op. Pass is bbg. Maybe those also in the early stages of the game can get a gem that's worth using

>the early ones are so boring
Just dash past the mobs.

Is FC still going?

AYYY it's that guy again lel

yup

does picking a slim/very slim character really show once you put clothes on?? don't have access to my PS4 for now :(

so what attacks on the saif are blunt

Familiar faces are nice. Also I'm running off this guide to speed through, in case you can't find me when you show up

thnx

Holy fuck that cannon was brutal. I almost feel sorry for hotdog.

Up for central? Anyone else feel free to join in on the rumpus. Pass still bbg

>Beasts have no insight
>Cleric Beast has no visible eyes
>Gascoigne's eyes are covered by bandages
>Amelia by her hood
>Blood-Starved by its skin

wew

lmao cannon 2shot, yeah I'm down to run all the dungeons if you want to.

Cool beans. Rangin

You're just noticing this now?

SRRCing right now

>that forbidden forest ladder shortcut to Iosefka

does... does the geometry actually work? i mean there's no load screen or anything but you can pull some sort of fuckery between areas

Why do most female names start with A in Bloodborne? Annalise, Arianna, Adella, Adeline and Amelia. Maybe I forgot someone.

I don't have the webms on my phone but I'm sure some user of bbg could post them:
>webm of Lucy in which he shreds Ludwig with the pizza cutter
>webm of someone oneshotting Ebrietas with a high beasthood, stake driver charged R2 to her head
>webm from a FC in which one user hits a charged R2 with kirkhammer
Also hitting a crowd of enemies with the beast cutter is great.

Both Charged R2s, untricked Backstep -> R2 and tricked jump attack. Check the OP.

this, he must be fucking retarded rofl

got this game last month (and a free PS4 but long story)

so why did you think it was relevant to post it here?

Yep. In bloodborne if you see an area and can reach it by foot, it's in a geometrically correct position

Most of us have been with this game for two years user, any time you come up with some "revelation" you gotta remember that we already had that same one years ago.

tell me why you got a free ps4 or I'll blow your fucking head off, honey

>Beasts have no insight
Ludwig's second head has lots.
Also I'm sure Gascoigne has a bunch of insight, I think its what drives him mad in the first place and the reason he can see with his eyes covered. There is a reason he yells
>Oh sweet blood it sings to me
while being in Oedon Tomb, place dedicated to a deity that is heavily associated with blood and exists only in voice.

>Walther P99

I died like a beastly idiot, sorry

Isnt it in Bond and thats like it for pop media

Shame because Walthers are handsome little devils

Partly my fault lol. When you went REEEE and took off half his health I stood back and watched.

You were avenged.

>i mean there's no load screen or anything
>but you can pull some sort of fuckery between areas

Dark Souls 3 tricks you with low poly scale models of locations you think you "see" in the distance and Bloodborne does that as well, but if we got something like a debug copy of BB we could check if it's actually a 100% true and honest connection or if it involves subtly teleporting the player around.

imfdb.org/wiki/Walther_P99
Holy shit I didn't even know this site exists, thank you based Google.

>or if it involves subtly teleporting the player around.
It wouldn't do that, it would just use impossible geometry.

You can use shining coins and bloodstains to see if an area if actually real, like the argument we had yesterday if Amelia's boss room is above Ebreitas

>play a game/watch a film
>like it
>want to learn everything about it
>IMFDB exists

I fucking love knowing obscure gun related trivia about media. Plus theres some nice trivia (I like the "futuristic" guns that turn up in sci-fi that are just regular guns e.g. Calicos)

I exposed myself as a gun nut to my girlfriend when we watched John Wick together.
Shits dope.

yeah I noticed the Byrgenwerth Lunarium in the distance. The lake from afar looked a lot smaller, when you get there it's a fucking ocean.

But you can't actually see any traversable forest from anywhere in Yarnham I think, though I will do this once my replacement copy arrives Tuesday.

who's up for logarius?
bbg at fog

Time for lower Pthu

>and the reason he can see with his eyes covered.
Given by how he gets stuck on all the headstones, sound and smell.

>darkbeast faggot killed everyone in the cathedral
can I even get the true ending now

>tfw still feeling hungover after drinking during the yesterday FC
i feel like shit and i need a distraction, does anyone need help?

Kill Iosefka impostor AFTER Rom.

What does Chikage's L2 do? Stagger? Hyperarmor? Extra rally?

it staggers and not much else, the second hit does good damage though

Yes. One umbilical cord from fake Iosefka after the blood moon rose, one from Wetnurse and one in the abandoned workshop

Fake Ioesfka, Mergo and the workshop cord.

Is the beast cutter good? I'm trying to give my character an old hunter thematic and I'm doing a str build.

yes

It's ok but I prefer Amygdalan Arm

Anyone up for chalice Rom the Cancerous Spider? Pass is bbg

>Amygdalan Arm
It's my favourite weapon but damn it could've had more damage.
FUCK YOU BEAST CUTTER AND YOUR ALL BLUNT MOVESET EVEN THOUGH YOU CUT.

Rom spiders all spawned around me and mowed me down. Hate those little cunts

I'd say it shreds with its blunt, pointed segments

I've found it pretty fun so far but goddam it eats stam like a maniac. I invested a whole 20 in end since I don't plan on taking this character online at all and can only get out around 2-3 hits until I'm drained.

IT'S NOT FAIR CLAWS CAN BE BLUNT TOO

The cutter does consume a ton of stamina in tricked mode. 20end isn't a bad idea, especially considering that Whirligig also benefits from it.

oh god the little rom spiders fuck

I hate this cunt of a boss. Should I summon an old hunter as well as a co operator or will that just make the boss tougher?

someone posted a map of yharnam that was to scale sometime yesterday and it all lined up

Yeah my finger slipped on R2 and I got locked into the meteor swarm, sorry.

>and it all lined up
Woods didn't touch Iosefka's clinic.

Don't summon the old hunter, he'll die and Rom will still have more HP.

Too late lol. Worked out well anyway. Thank god that's over

bolt whirligig and beast pellet did the trick

the map doesnt show the cave section, but the pathway is clearly leading towards iosefkas

I fucking beat escanor last night for the third time out of our 20 matches, and I have it recorded. it was a good fc last night

also i think theyve taken some artistic liberties, when you think of how long a run through the whole woods takes compared to cathedral ward, i think theyve made the woods area of the map smaller so it looks better, so the cave probably starts closer to iosefkas than actually shown here

the moon's orientation isn't consistent, is it?

at byrgenwerth it's to the west of the lake, but in yahargul it's to the east of advent plaza

I love the whirlygig but I'm probably going to save it for a powder kegs character. My need to be in theme is autism off the charts.

Story loran now?

Just got to the Fishing Hamlet. What a weird shift in aesthetic. Again.

Something bothered me about the Research Hall patients though. Obviously, they are supposed to turn into celestial emissaries in an attempt by the Church to cause Ascension. A successful transformation seem to involve the head bloating and then detaching it from the body. But the emissaries that you meet in the main game are similar to the Living Failures in look. Does a whole new body emerge then from those detached heads?

I guess the procedure was refined over time, since that imposter could turn people rather speedily.

It also seems the transformation was started by giving the patients regularly special water. I wonder whether the hamlet has anything to do with this.

Poor BLB didn't stand a chance. Thx guise, that's all of them for now. Will post for jolly co op when I have start on Loran

thats because the moon you see in bloodborne isnt the actual moon, it seems to be the moon presence watching you. (idk if that last bit was headcanon) it definitely isnt the real moon because in yharghul it is in front of the clouds

Don't have it yet ;_;

remember that nothing in the nightmare should be taken completely literally. the patients outside adelines room after the stairs move share identical movesets and animations to the celestial children, and its unlikely that those were ever actually people