Living in a van

I'm sick of paying out of my ass for rent to live in a tiny box with 5 shitty housemates.

I am going to buy a van to sleep in, park it on campus. Get a membership at the campus gym for shower facilities. The only thing I haven't figured out is eating.

Has any of you fagg/o/t done something similar? Where I live it doesn't get too cold (-5 Celsius, 23 Fahrenheit for like a week) so I can survive the winter nights with a good sleeping bag.

I can even ask for an office at the university and a parking spot since I'm going to be a grad student next year. This will give me a pass that will allow me to stay late at the university buildings. So really, I just need to get out at 12:00, go to sleep in the car, shower at 8:00 and start the day,

Only thing I haven't figured out is food. Eating out isn't a big thing here. Most people cook their own food and I won't be able to do much. I can have a microwave in my office but that's about it.

Pic related is the van I think I will get. Just an inconspicuous workman's van.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wksm1xI1Ms0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If only vandweller was still with us, he'd know what to do.

Put FREE CANDY on it.

>Only thing I haven't figured out is food.
You also haven't figured out how to deal with late night aggressors.

The cargo area in a Caddy is too short. 1,4m in regular and 1,9m in maxi. "Normal" euro-size vans have about 2,5m cargo space(SWB), much better choices.

I have never tried it but I did spend one night sleeping in the back of my Ford Transit 250 van and here are some of my general observations:

1. It's loud in there. There is not much sound deadening provided by the walls of the vehicle. You can and will hear pretty much everything.

2. Temperature is...weird. It was only 50F outside and I was still freezing my ass off fully dressed in some meme sleeping bag. Like my legs and feet were cold but my upper body started sweating. I dunno. My van has no insulation so that would probably help.

3. I was sketched out by the lack of ventilation in there. I don't know if carbon dioxide poisoning is a real concern or not from just building up with your own exhalations

In Yurope we don't have to worry about that. It's a very safe area. At 8:00, you see tiny 7 year old girls going to school on their pink little bicycles, alone.

I'm kind of short myself. I was thinking, if I take the passenger seat out I'd fit just fine.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about regarding ventilation. Some panel vans have a tiny chimney thing on the roof for ventilation. They are used for transporting animals. It's called a flettener ventilator.

You know that shit is illegal in EU?

There are small ovens you can plug into your car's cigarette lighter to heat small things such as cans of soup and whatnot. If you have a few hundred to invest, you could also have a power inverter installed so that you can power household appliances and electronics

>Yurope
>student
Why aren't you in free housing?

>At 8:00, you see tiny 7 year old girls going to school on their pink little bicycles, alone.

I live inna van.e esome inch on the youtubes for ultra small van living.
Mine is full size but I could do smaller if I had to

Fucking deleted half my shit before posting.
Stupid laptop.
Short version :
Maxxair fan
butane stove
bobs your uncle

Sitting on a park bench
Eying up little girls with bad intent
Snots running down his nose
Greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes, hey Aqualung

Drying in the cold sun
Watching as the frilly panties run, hey Aqualung
Feeling like a dead duck
Spitting out pieces of his broken luck, hey Aqualung

>free housing

We aren't THAT commie unfortunately. I have to pay out of pocket or take out a loan for housing.

It's illegal but I'll probably never get bothered by anyone if I just have my van in some hidden corner on the remotest part of one of the parking lots.

And worst case scenario the fine is like 150 euros.

Buy a bigger van something like Ford Transit. Watch YouTube to make it a camper but not visible from the outside. Search for stealth camper van.

Like this guy youtube.com/watch?v=wksm1xI1Ms0

Tough it out. Stay in school. Get a better job. Rent your own place and/or move out of your shithole.

You dont need all that heavy wood