Why can't we have nice things?

post helmets
what do you like/ not like about it
old bell star
>comfy
>loud af
>liner is disintegrating

Murica

Americans don't believe in car/bike companies making more than one thing ala Honda and often need government bailouts because of it. Something about muh brand image and good ol boys do one thing well.

Eric took that to the extreme and decided to only make high end sportbikes, which don't sell very well. Eric ran out of money.

I'm on my 3rd Star, has 2 RS1 prior
Pic is my newest and favorite
Shoei, Arai and AGV don't fit my head

Also have an old star, custom fitted, and i feel about the same about it
>comfy
>loud
>falling the fuck apart
My face shield lock fell apart the first summer I had it. Can't believe bell sells this for $1100.

Shoei Qwest
>don't think it fits me right. Feels tight in some places and loose in others.
>top liner is non-removable
>fairly quiet
>has recessed spots for speakers
I think I'm going to buy cheaper next time.

Scorpion Exo R710
Very comfortable on me.
Can't say much about noise as I almost always ride with headphones in.
The vents work pretty good, as long as I'm moving my head doesn't really get sweaty.

Icon Airmada, it's trash. I lost some weight so now it doesn't fit me as nicely as it once did, too loose in the cheeks

This is completely fucking rad.

>paint me like one of your French girlbikes.jpg

just bought a shoei rf1200
very comfy, bit tight in the cheeks, quiet but fantastic airflow if the valves are open

America a shit.
>Assumption killer: this used to be me.

It's not perfect but it's better than shit

>Army
Well there was your problem.

Thoughts? $3000

this is america day, if you dont like it, fuck off to canada or back to Britain

>fuck off to canada
I wish I could but it's not that easy

yeah, you have to have friends there, marketable skills and not be a sack of shit.

Legitimate critique, chair-force-san.
(Although the opinion is based on white people's narrow worldview, when compared to that of Egyptian, Nigerian, German, Korean, and Chinese friends. Outlier, Russian friends were pretty shit too.)

>Nazi SS skull

Already in Canada buddy, feels pretty good eh

Back to Africa? Which nation? Tribe? Colonial language, traditional, or pidgin?

Fuck you. The entire premise depends on having a culture that precedes this.

Anyone got webm of the biker with the cowboy hat on helmet

isnt your economy in the shitter and your socialized healthcare a heap of shit?
>tfw no cheap canadian drugs or slavshit

on point bud

Arai RX-Q
>comfy af
I cleaned the interior liners with baby shampoo as everyone suggested and now it smells like baby powder and I can't get rid of the smell.

It's actually one of the hardest countries to emigrate to, harder to get into Canada than here.

So quick, thank you

The economy in the part of Canada I live was always shit, it´s nothing new for me and the healthcare gets us by well enough at least in my experience.

well yeah, with obamas run all you had to do is not be white and it was a free ride into the US.
but it adds to the entertainment when the people who support amnesty and then wanted to run to canada when trump got elected found out theres fucking rules to get into canada

Only Alberta because they put so much reliance on oil and then had a bunch of their oil town burn down, rest is mostly fine. We have one of the best job markets in the world right now which is hard to believe if you live here, it's not great but apparently better than others.

just the right time and place

I believe it's called a 'totenkopf'

R8 my drifting takeoff on CB600 Hornet p-pls

youtu.be/6-QAQ0YendA

Someone recommend me affordable gear pls? Getting first bike soon.

I've owned every type of bike except a cruiser

I'm in the market for a new bike, should I bite the bullet and get one?

rate new bike lads

I hope you dont wear that shit if you're a man.

>fingerless gloves
hope you don´t skid and rip all your skin off your fingertips

Icon, alpinestars, Joe rocket, speed and strength

Couldn't find a hotel/motel to save my life. All the good camping spots in national parks full.

Meh at least I got a spot to "crash" tonight and since it's an RV hookup I can charge my headset and portable batteries.

HJC IS-MAX II

It's the only helmet I could find at my local powersports that was big enough for me, I need a 2XL. Got a big noggin.

It's nice. Modular makes it easy to take on and off with glasses. A screw holding the jaw on fell out the other day but I was able to screw it back in, just gotta keep an eye on it.

Alpinestars, Joe Rocket, Tour Master, I would recommend checking Revzilla or similar websites for basic pricing and go from there. Make sure you check ebay for any gear you are looking at, I've managed to get over $100 off on a few different pieces.
Be careful with Speed and Strength, they're quality can be pretty shit.

Literally looks like it's in a parking lot lmao

>that 'guy' who puts anime decals on his bike/helmet

No clutch fluid/10

where you at m8?

Holy shit the legendary TL-1000! Damn nice bike m8, such a unicorn now

Pretty much is. Versus last night! It's a state park but RV lot. No hiking/biking or trail camping here. Meh at least I can lay my head down and bullshit on Veeky Forums now, oh yea it's close enough to civilization to where I got reception.

>buying a non-functional literbike as your first bike

I'm a man, and I'll do what I want.

There aren't enough shoes in the word to stop my insolence.

Meant to use this pic

I wish /dbt/ would make some good anime slaps for helmets.

Border Oregon/California. Making shit time. Too much to stop and look at. Mini hikes and filling my belly. Stopped at a hippy coffee shop and read a book today for a while. Well that was one of many coffee shops I stopped at. I need to keep the adventure bike meme alive.

It's been pretty nice, got 20 days off and no plans. Just riding. Much needed break from a hectic couple of months at work. My last shift was 24 hours straight followed by 6 hours of overtime to finish paperwork so sitting doing nothing has been good.

Post boipucci

Don't even like anime but thinking about ironically putting anime decals all over my R1

Cringe/10 buddy

I like it

That's western not animu

>coffee
Dumb druggy

Make me, cunt.

I ran out of fucks to give.

really jelly man, ive been on call way too much and working at least 50 hours a week to keep up with workloads since i got back from utah.

got any rough plans for where youre heading or just going with the wind?
also 9/11 is the WABDR rally. end to end in 24hrs, you in?

Absolutely, unless its a big hurley you cant go wrong with a cruiser.

Fair enough, but most normies thing it's anime.
I've had two people irl who knew who it was. They didn't want me to know they knew, but they couldn't hide what was on their faces.

I think we talked about it. I work that week. I'm taking 2 weeks off in August so it would be out or the realm of possibility to extend my August vacation into September.

However, when I'm back we actually do need to meet up seeing as we are both AT owners both on DBT and both in WA.

>comfy at speed
>not super loud
>good vents

Was looking at a VN 800 near me

>when I'm back we actually do need to meet up
im down, you use telegram or kik?
i havent been lurking a whole lot here and depending on when you get back i might be able to link up with you for the last bit

So I'm more of a four wheels kinda guy, but I'm moving soon for work and I should have a lot more income and I'm thinking about getting/learning to ride a bike. I've ridden dirt bikes before briefly, though I'm not so experienced. The trouble I come into when I'm looking at bikes, and I have a similar view about cars too, is that they all seem just so heavy for what they are. I have a racing kart that weighs just over 200 lbs I would say (365 with me in it + like 40 lbs of ballast and filled with fuel), and can do well over 70mph easily with just 27 hp.

So my questions is, why are bikes so heavy? I did a quick google search the other day and the lowest weight I could find was like 340 lbs or something like that. Are bikes really so much more complex and heavy that they need to weigh a full 150 lbs (ish) more than a kart?

Has anyone else here built/know of any bikes that are sub-300 lbs? I dont think power is all that important if weight is low.

>Use plain black shark helmet
>just found a stucker on the back that says 'Cunty McCunt face' that someone from work must have put on it

It must have been there for months...

Thanks

slim tail a shit

Try going 75mph with 20mph gusts of side wind on a sub 300lbs bike. You don't feel the weight when your moving if the bike was designed and built while weight shavings is always an improvement there is something to be said about moderate weight and stability.

>He doesn't like best girl in best manga

Obama didn't actually do anything for Black people. Stop believing fox news.
Zone a shit anyway. Only did one good animation (related)

I want to go itabaiku, but am waiting to decide between the cbr500x and cbr600rr.
Pretty much depends on how much my next job makes.

wind resistance is a huge factor, if you want to stick to sub 300lb you might look at the ktm 450/500exc bikes
theres a lot more going on with bikes as well such as proper suspension, real ergonomics, engines designed to last a hell of a lot longer than a kart engine.

>Obama didn't actually do anything for Black people
who said anything about blacks?
he let anything and everything cross the mexican border

bikes are a lot more complex and sturdy than karts.

Obama deported more people than Bush and Clinton.

This is fact and can be looked up.

Hmm, I guess I didn't think about that. A kart is much wider and obviously has four wheels, so stability isn't really an issue when it comes to wind. Also very low center of gravity.

Wouldn't it being lighter mean that you can correct easier/faster though to wind changes, like if you need to lean or something?

You must be 21 yo tops. If not, basic white trash.

That's funny because I have the GT version and it's loose everywhere but the cheeks are hella tight.

Definitely looking for something quieter now that I put a loud pipe on my bike.

>more complex and sturdier
Uhh.. I guess? I mean my kart has a water cooled engine with a radiator and disk brakes...

Deportation doesnt mean shit if pepperguts can waltz right back across the border and be back "home" within a week.

Also it has an onboard computer with EGT, tach, lap time display + other controls, GPS tracking and lap by lap comparison capabilities.

Good bike, a little gaudy for my tastes but hey different strokes.

yeah you can correct faster but you also are affected to a much greater extent on light bikes.
my big adv bike is heavy so its pretty stable in wind gusts but still needs just as much lean to hold in crosswinds.
imo just take a MSF course that supplies bikes and then go test ride a few different bikes to see what you like and how each one behaves for you

Bikes are astonishingly self-stabilizing by design. The bike straightens and balances itself when rolling, so there's not much correction needed.

Heavier bikes tend to be less affected by the wind. This becomes even more true since they mostly come with better aerodynamics and less twitchy steering geometry so they are even more inclined to stay on their path.
No matter the bike, it will be easy enough to keep control of in the wind, but the heavy ones take less effort. You really only feel the weight when standing still.

it's a bobber version

Yeah that's about as much shit as a MX bike or light enduro has. They can come in at about 200lbs. Then the bikes still have much larger wheels and tires, more controls, and full suspension which is pretty heavy.

Get into street bikes and they become significantly heavier because all the road regulated equipment, multicylinder engines, and parts made to last significantly longer than a kart.

Sperg more. We here, son.

If you honestly believe this, there is no helping you.

Enjoy the demographic shift as me and gf (Both mixed) have four kids to your 1.5.