If there is a God then why does evil exist

If there is a God then why does evil exist

Because God is the ultimate good, and good is the absence of evil. Without evil, God would be meaningless.

because without evil there is no god

That doesn't make sense, why can't we all be happy and without evil under God's watchful eyes

Evil is an absence of God, how can an omnipotent being be absent from its creation

Evil is a challenge user, The Eternal Struggle of Man strengthens us till we can be once again return to the bosom of God and hear his song.

because creation does not mean habitation

evil doesn't exist. material things are inconsequential, not right and not wrong. all there is to life is finding that which is truly meaningful.

Define evil

>Wow muh grandpa was a good guy and died of awfull cáncer why god why? ( Literally me at 13)

Thats not evil, thats shit that happens

>good is the absence of evil
are you that antinatalist fedora

>evil doesn't exist
proofs?

>Without evil, God would be meaningless.
the meaning of a god is to worship and do its bidding.
So if there is a god, why is there such thing as free will or evil? A god that wanted to ensure everything went to plan would eliminate those.

Free will is a necessary result of consciousness, and evil is a necessary result of free will. So to ask that question is to ask "why does consciousness exist?". I don't really have an answer to that question but I hope it helps you speculate.

>tfw an omnipotent God should be able to make evil and misfortune disappear from the earth, if not from existence in its entirety if he is truly omnipotent
>tfw he could choose to make each human being born with the knowledge of what is true regarding cosmology but instead he likes to play a 'hide the shell' game with thousands of different religions where believing the wrong one will send you to hell for all eternity

It's kind of fucked up.
>but muh free will and faith requires little to no evidence to be present

Just sadistic. Either you believe a proposition with extremely scarce evidence and numerous factors pointing in the other direction (war, famine, disaster etc.) orrrrrrr hell for all eternity.

Evil didn't always exist.

Evil won't always exist.

So long as God made men and angels free moral agents, and granted them sovereignty, He knew that some people would become evil.

And from that evil state, He knew that some would come back to him, and love him, and live with him forever, after all evil is eradicated.

Evil exists so that you can choose love, and love is God's highest ideal. There is no coercion in love; you are free to love God, or not, as you see fit.

But men and angels caused evil to be, not God. God is only allowing it to exist temporarily while he takes as many people who want to be with him into heaven.

"What does it matter whether God speaks to us from amongst the thorns or the flowers?"

But isn't consciousness a product of the most commonly repeated though patterns of our species?

no, how do you know animals do not exhibit it

It does when he promises us nothing but flowers, and delivers only thorns

Without Evil Good can't exist.

Because they rely on instincts ?

So was God not good in the beginning?

God is evil being, what is here to not understand.

It doesn't
Evil is a spook, and theologically God only has a problem with what you do if you disobey him, which is why he's going to send Christ to slay all the disbelievers on Judgement Day inshallah

> Without good evil can't exist.
> God is ultimate evil, he would be meaningless without good.
> Good doesn't exist, it is delusion of mortals.
> Good is necessary result of free will and without free will there would be no *real* suffering.
> Good exist as fuel for evil, love is headed for betrayal, for example.
> Good is a challenge for evil to overcome.
I like how all meme answers can also explain why good can exist, despite God being an omnimalevolent being.

Yes it can, this is a nonsensical justification.

Without non-existence, existence can't exist therefore non-existence exist!

god is evil , duh.

That, or God is a being above our perception of morality derivative of egoism.

There were nothing but flowers.

Then we joined satan's rebellion, and the world grew thorns.

How can that be possible if God possesses omnipotence?

But Satan's rebellion was itself a thorn.

Anything is possible with omnipotence.

How can God be a slave to his own attributes?

He retreated into his sovereignty so that ours might be expressed.

He did so because love is his highest ideal, and love does not exist with coercion.

I thought we were talking about real thorns.

There were none prior to the Fall of Man. The earth was a paradise, literally the Garden of Eden.

But not eradicating evil apparently.

What a useless god you worship

> he can't be slave to his attributes
> but he can be slave to his ideals! XD

Transworld depravity.

All evil will be eradicated, on God's timetable, as God said it would happen.

I'm curious. Why do you seek destruction? Are you not evil?

Not slave. Father.

> All evil will be eradicated
It's already exist, so it doesn't really matter. Truly powerful God wouldn't waste thousands of years, because he is just too slow to solve the problem.

>Why do you seek destruction? Are you not evil?

That depends highly on your definitions of 'destruction' and 'evil'

There is no evil.
We just perceive some things as being evil.

> We just perceive some things as being evil.
Why God give us such an ability? I would prefer the echo location like a bat instead.

WE? Are you sure about that? I don't remember something like that.

evil is just another synonym for "christianity"

>evil does exist
?sfoorp

because he stands alone, and who can oppose him? He does whatever he pleases. He carries out his decree against me,and many such plans he still has in store. That is why I am terrified before him; when I think of all this, I fear him. God has made my heart faint; the Almighty has terrified me. Yet I am not silenced by the darkness, by the thick darkness that covers my face.

Evil is just the privation of good, it does'nt exist, we only see good things and then note that they lack certain qualities that would be them even better, and call them "evil" because of that.

I AM AUTISTIC!