The internal combustion engine will be a museum piece by 2050. Don't be a dinosaur, make the switch to electric now...

The internal combustion engine will be a museum piece by 2050. Don't be a dinosaur, make the switch to electric now. Frankly cars should have been electric from day one but it got killed off by Big Oil to the point where the public now thinks electric cars are new technology when it's actually older than IC technology.

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2016/03/teslas-electric-cars-might-not-green-think/
oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/The-Inconvenient-Truth-About-Electric-Vehicles.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>he fell for the electric car meme

DELET THIS NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Make the switch to steam powered vehicles as electric cars pollute just as much as gasoline cars.

I wonder )))))who((((( keeps spamming this shit

wake me up when electric cars can drive further than 150 miles and don't take 9 hours to charge

SO the first car large company, with a full electric range. Will be Chinese, um...OK.

>unironically shilling for Big Battery

Twice as more. A production of one lithium battery pollutes as much as a modern ICE car for 8 years. If you imply the battery will last 4 years then the electric cars pollute twice as more

Source...

Pollution != Energy used
Also
>Projected Niggafactory by 2020 as an argument

I'll wait another 3-5 years until electric cars have matured and come done in price

I don't disagree but would like citation, for said statements. So I can make the same argument, but be able to back it up.

wired.com/2016/03/teslas-electric-cars-might-not-green-think/
Link doesn't cover everything but Tesla uses Lithium and Nickel in their batteries. Both of these things have to be mined, and mining creates much more pollution than harvesting oil (Most of our Lithium comes from China which doesn't care about environmental regulations). On top of this, 45% of Americas power plants run on Coal.

Thank You, but they still won't believe.
>BOOKMARKED

To try to keep a somewhat reasonable discussion before benchshitters arrive, the potential for electric is nice. They don't have to run off of coal power, in the future they could be entirely recharged by nuclear or whatever, and once the battery is made, it's made, and can last for many years. I hope those guys making the larger cell packs come through, shoving a bunch of laptop size cells together is kinds dumb for a car. Creates a lot of wasted space and weight.

You don't belong here

It's a valid point, if an Ev consumes more energy what's the point, also 1,200of batteries per car is viable only in a niche market.
Batteries will get cheaper, but NOT smaller.

Passenger diesel vehicles achieve thermal efficiencies of 50% and with modern dpf and act systems actually emit clearer air than they draw in (excluding co2).
The power plants that charge electric car batteries do not.
Future tech like constantly variable valve timing, electric boosting and variable compression ratio in conjunction with running miller/atkinson cycle will push thermal efficiencies towards 60%.
Future IC engines will combine ci and si and hcci under different operating conditions.
The last of engines will be fucking technological miracles.
Electrical cars will be boring and soulless in comparision.

t.Engine calibration enginer

How? I live in a third world country, there are no fucking electric station or whatever the fuck those cars need to refuel
>"just charge it at your home doofus"
Not possible while living in a flat with no garage

I just bought a 2013 Nissan Leaf S for $6000.

It has 40k miles and 11/12 health bars. Driving it daily and getting 70~ish miles on a charge with AC on in Alabama heat.
The majority of my charging has been provided for free by various locations in the area that offer free L2 charging.

I don't care about CO2 emissions or the environment. I bought this car because I love efficiency, even when it is not necessary. I love being able to get 90% of my miles at no cost to me. Even if I got all of my charging from home, it would be less than half the cost per mile of gasoline. This car is crazy torquey and fun to drive. Free juice is a huge plus.

At $6000, 11/12 health bars, and 40k miles on the dial for a 2013, this is practically a steal. I can drive this car for 3-5 years, and when the battery gets weak around 2023 or so, I can just buy a 2017 Leaf or a used Bolt or something for another $6000. A used Nissan Leaf is an excellent way to break into the EV world today at a bargain price.

I still have a turbo Miata for road trips.

>Electrical cars will be boring and soulless in comparision.
No one cares about your "passion" and "soul".
Driving isn't "fun".

Nissan isn't using laptop style cylindrical batteries. Their individual cells are flexible plates, similar to what you would find in a tablet, like a square of cardboard in size, packed together into a module, any many modules make up the battery pack. I'm not sure what Chevy is doing with their batteries. Toyota's lithium cells are flat and packed into modules as well, I believe.

Batteries will get much cheaper as the years press on. In 2011, a 24KwH Leaf cost around as much as a 60KwH Bolt does today. You're getting over twice the battery for what comes out to be near the same price. Batteries are also getting a bit smaller as well. Engineers are always working to improve the energy density of batteries and come up with new chemistries.

fuck electric. Hydrogen is the future.

When the oil runs out, there will be no electric renewable anything as it's all made from plastics.

No one will reply to this post because the truth is too much to handle.

Doom awaits us.

>Batteries will get cheaper, but NOT smaller.
But that's wrong, batteries are going to keep getting smaller as we find new ways to store more energy in smaller formats.

Before I die, even. Not to mention the acidified oceans that are going to kill everything in them and fuck the environment and everything else that's already beyond being stopped.

bioplastic is a thing.

also,
>implying thats a bad thing
>implying we wont return to the days of things being made of actual metal, and embrace alternate technologies such as hydrogen engines, or other combustible shit

If we're going to die, we'll die historic on the Fury Road.

What's going to be really cool is when they start putting diesel turbine generators in trucks that do nothing but charge a battery pack for electric drive motors at the wheel ends. 20+ mpg on a 80,000 lb vehicle sounds pretty damned cool to me.

WE'LL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!

It's going to be a return to before the industrial revolution, only with a devastated environment and mass starvation. It's whatever, ron paul warned us.

But the new ones will be fucking expensive, cause patents, also production ramp up so you could not produce enough for the market, if they weren't vaporware grant trolling.
Battery's will always be FUCKING HUGE
Yeah they will be cheap one day but still.

>double dubs

>It's going to be a return to before the industrial revolution
not really.

Industrial revolution was between the 1820's and 40's. we didn't start drilling oil wells till the 1850's. And oil only became a giant resource when cars not only started using it as a fuel, but became ubiquitous, which didn't start till the early 1900's with stuff like the Model T.

if all petroleum in the world suddenly dried up and went away, sure, a few petrodollar nations would be in deep shit, but as a whole, it's not like we'd go back to the fucking stone age. there's plenty of artificial alternatives to petroleum, especially in industrial applications. the only BIG thing hit would be the transportation industry in general, but it would quickly adapt as needed. The only real reason we haven't moved forward with alternative fuels is because there's no interest. Especially at the top levels in government, since oil still runs the world

Why are you here

to attempt to make you all see the light
accept Elon as your Lord and Savior and stop clinging to obsolete technology
stop living in the past

there's been major advances in harvesting petrochemicals from algae and other microorganisms. People are also talking about converting carbon dioxide back into usable fuel, but IIRC it's not even close to being a usable concept yet.

just to suffer

>ICE will be obsolete by 2050

>when there is no alternative for motorcycles
>when there is no alternative for heavy trucks
>when, ironically, ICEs are the most efficient electric generators unless you're willing to have a Three Mile Chernobyl incident every few years

>implying a mass transition from ICE to EV won't cause electricity costs to spike and cause fuel costs to plummet
>power outages

The biggest benefit from this electric car business is that it'll hit the Oil Jews aka Muslamics straight in the pocket.

Mining is dirty, just how it is. It's not really Tesla's fault that so much electricity is still made with coal though.

when they'll make a 120kg bike that cranks out 70hp with minor modifications (aka when they start making Li-O batteries) I'll consider it

>unless you're willing to have a Three Mile Chernobyl incident every few years
Unlikely with the outdated tech they're stuck using now, nearly impossible with the current tech they aren't allowed to use because the "muh dangerous nuclear" people preventing them from making safety advancements.

you retard, the enrgy is used much more efficiently and with tons better exhaust fume treatment and away from where people live, not counting that much of it is renewable
just wait till they make lithium oxygen a production thing

>than harvesting oil
but then you don't freakin burn it

Cheapest Lithium battery is the most produced battery(Laptop battery's), that's why they went with the 1865/2070, also if thermal runaway happens it might be only be one tiny battery, newer Prismatic type which would be bigger. That's why they still keep using laptop battery's

>7000 vape batteries

Swedes are so innovative they keep finding new ways to be faggots.

Until solar is 99% less meme or the people in power allow nuclear, electric cars are stupid. Well to wheel efficiency sucks.

oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/The-Inconvenient-Truth-About-Electric-Vehicles.html

And cars represent such a small portion of total emissions AND electric cars just add to the bigger problem. Emmisions from electric generation which is predominantly coal and nat gas.

Light duty vehicles represent about 60% of the 30% that is transportation emissions. So a completely electric fleet transfers only 18% of the (((problem))) back to the grid which is about 30% of usa emmisions.

Even if cars ran on gay fairy sperm, they would only eliminate 18% of emissions in the US.

yes they will but in like 16 years, there's promising tech in developement

meanwhile, this fucking chink thing

>emit clearer air than they draw in
Why do emit black soot and fumes that stink like shit then?

That's right now you idiot

Something Something patents, ramp up volume

Global Auto Sales Set to Reach 93.5 Million in 2017, what's it gonna be like in 2033

>Frankly cars should have been electric from day one but it got killed off by Big Oil
Cars started as an equal part weekend, ICE and steam. Gasoline soon became the dominant powerplant for the same reason electric isn't totally viable today. Range and time to refill.

Electric cars are fun, but until a new battery technology comes about that let's you refuel in 4 minutes, they're not destined to maintain a market dominance.

I've only heard of one Nissan Leaf catching fire(outside of wildfire damage), and it appears that it is the interior on fire, not the battery pack.

Tesla, however... Well, they catch fire all the time.

I think they spent a shit tonne of money on design to ensure that that doesn't happen (at an increase in cost), also WHY don't they copy Tesla, anyone could put laptop batteries into their EV's / Hybrids but none do?

Why would they copy Tesla? Teslas catch fire. Cylindrical batteries are space inefficient. Its a huge waste of space and weight.

It's the cheapest option right now, but they catch FIRE. So why copy it, also, largest part of your vehicle manufacturing cost is going to some Japanese company.

>For a start up this might work, but for an established Car maker this is like flushing money down the toilet.

>Patents on some from NiMh batterys expired in 2014, the first Prius had these, until (((Cheveron))), but you can now get a Prius with a NiMh battery pack.

It's not 1977 you damn fool.

Could get cleaner air from a tire fire than a diesel. Can't wait for them to get banned in my city.

Wakey wakey

>don't be a dinosaur
lol nigger I didn't even have a car with fuel injection until two years ago. I still have hand-crank windows. Slurp on my prehistoric dick.

>Chevy Bolt
>235 mile range
>DC fast charge from 0 to 80% in 1 hour.

Rise and shine, user.

Wake up.

And smell the zero emissions.

Doesn't the Isle of Man race have an electric version?

>zero emissions
>not knowing where the metals that the batteries are made of come from

This makes me so happy. Not because its failing, but because it shuts down the smugness of zogey tech homos.

This a billion times.

If yall think ExxonMobil/Shell/Chevron/etc will just let electric memes casually wipe out most of their revenue you guys are really wrong.

Biofuels will come back with a vengeance

Actually most of the oil companies would be happy just to sell their oil as chemical feedstock and stop making fuel. I think it's more of inertia and resistance to change that has everyone still using oil for transport more than anything else.

And I'm guessing that fast charging is the extreme case only available in demo areas and absolutely nowhere else except your house but only after you've paid a licensed electrician to install some 3-phase 240V wonderbox in your garage.

They already do that. If they ONLY did that they'd be making less money

ITT: yuropoors who never drive 400+ miles one way

Idiot. Modern diesel have the lowest cost to society of any vehicle and have lowest emissions of all passenger vehicles.

Oil ain't running out anytime soon. Why do you think it's fucking $40 a barrel when it used to be $120?

Interesting. Also you must be a sadist if you use a turbo miata as a road trip car

>t. Volvo fangirl (male)

>if I drove an electric Fiat 500 I'd only be able to make it 100 miles max
>driving my Abarth with glorious Tjet engine I can make my 800 mile trip to Valhalla no problem
I'm still gay but at least I'm not driving an electric.

The US is littered with DC Fast charge stations, though they are not nearly as common as standard fast chargers.

Saudis trying to undermine North American oil production.

>Someone uses an EMP and wipes out a town's worth of electric cars all at once.

yet the US has been sitting on massive reservoirs of Alaskan oil for years and has barely begun to drill it. the Saudis are afraid because they over produced and now they're running dry and will return to the stone age unless they change their economy's base.