Modern Cars Sound Shit

So Rob Spaghetti just put up a video saying he is selling his 488 Spider because the engine sound is boring, he has only driven it 500 miles in something like nine months. He says he is replacing it with a 458 (a naturally aspirated car).

This is obviously a super small sample size, but is this an indication perhaps that car manufacturers are making a mistake in making every single car turbocharged? How many people really care that their car has another 50bhp and another 150lbs/ft of torque over the NA car, if it sounds like total shit because of it? For most non-professional drivers/normies (Rob Spaghetti isn't a professional racing driver), they aren't going to be getting anywhere close to what the car can do on the street anyway, so why sacrifice sound (which normies like) for speed (which normies don't care about)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BYO1RaznC38
youtube.com/watch?v=QIHGmC_QOH4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you want something loud, get an old shitter.

Ferrari is supposed to have their own kind of sound. And if it doesn't, autistic children like Rob Spaghetti throws a fit.

didn't he just make a video about porsche people reselling?

He also made a miata video shitting on it because 'anyone can drive it 10/10 with no experience' essentially. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to me who really understands how to drive a car well.

also rob dahm is the alpha rob.

Why not just get an aftermarket exhaust? That has to exist.

>loud means it sounds good
Spotted the straight-piped Civic driver.

He said in the video its a 10k job and did not feel worth it

Naturally aspirated will always sound better, I get that turbos are an easy way to increase power without killing mpg but a big part of the fun of driving is the rumble and roar of the engine.

So that's what it's called.

>rob dahm
>"""alpha rob"""
>gets cucked by Vehicle Virgins who ruins his RX-7 hood
>conspires with VV to create "drama" to garner views for ad revenue

Are you 12?

nope

Supercharger>turbocharger

Are you 120?

Actually most turbos now are using MORE gas than NA

Just get an aftermarket exhaust. The 488's sound can't overshadow the improvements Ferrari made to make it better than the 458 in every possible way.

youtube.com/watch?v=BYO1RaznC38

N/A>supercharger>turboshitters

i've come to hate soundfags. you could have a v6 that goes a million miles an hour and they will cry it's not a "v8 purrrr XD"

Not if it's a Porsche v6.

Niggers shut right the fuck up.

fuck rob spaghetti, he hates fun

>porsche
>v6
They don't put those in the cars that matter you goober.

His Porsche video was him agreeing with crackdowns in people flipping cars immediately for double to triple value, and using the car as an investment instead of an experience

What he did was buy the car cheap, and then resell at a price still below dealer markup to buy a better model. While it still sounds a bit spoiled to 'get sick of a Ferrari', there's really no reason for him to stick with his model if he can just resell for profit while giving someone else the car for less-than-dealer. It's a win-win for everyone, whereas in flipping it's one guy buying up limited edition runs and reselling to poor saps who pay hundreds of thousands more

he's complaining about how people buy porsche only to resell for profit, and the miata he just doesn't deem a "sportscar" to his standards

Pretty much every Porsche including GT2 RS is v6(flatsix). Not sure what you mean, nigger.

Are you going to educate me on the nuance between v6 and flatsix and suggest they are not the same class of engines?

Both are shit and get btfo by a ford v6.

>V6 sounding better than anything

does it look like a V when its flat?

Oh shit completely forgot, what a different engine! Does it use gas?!

They are indeed different types of engines, you uneducated faggot.

He's right tbqh.

The 488 sounds like shit. Even in simulators I've noticed that.

Go kiss some boys you GM faggit

it's almost like the 488 was built for performance and not sound

>ctrl+f
>"GM"
>only mentioned in your post
Is your brain having a meltdown or what?

Ferraris are as much about the aesthetics as the performance.

Lmao look at this GM nigger having a meltdown

>pay shitload of money on a yuropoor car
>ear a bunch of firecrackers

>pay 40k for a mustang gt
>ear this youtube.com/watch?v=QIHGmC_QOH4

yes thats true but the 488 was built to be better than the 458 and is used by ferraris GT race teams
they dont care about sound when its supposed to win races (or try) and it does its job
don't get me wrong I like a nice rumble but i'll always take performance over sound

twincharger > all

>dude my tesla smokes a mclaren f1 in the 1/4 mile
Kill yourself.

>he thinks im a drag race faggot
I like track performance and no tesla can pull that off

>muh stock exhaust hampered by emissions laws sounds like shit

just by an aftermarket exhaust you shit

Can't they put a slightly different exhaust on the consumer model?

None of the flat plane V8 Ferraris sound that great to me, and I've heard them all with every aftermarket exhaust/open exhaust. 355s sound the best of the bunch, 430 and 458 Challenge also nice. None of them compare to the cross plane version of the F136 in the Quattroportes/GranTurismos of that era, especially though Tubi or similar exhaust.

Hey,

I think you are using a trip when there is no reason to.

i'm sure they can but as to why they don't? I have no idea

Wow, I have even less reason to ever get into forced induction

What kind of shit do they make those damn systems out of?

My dual exhaust on my truck was like 400? Surely a Porsche can be done for a couple grand at most.

>Not understanding a boxer and a v is a different engine.

stock sound better here though

>What kind of shit do they make those damn systems out of?
The same shit as every other exhaust, but do you not think you can charge Ferrari owners more than people who drive a Dodge pickup?

>dude this camaro is faster than a mclaren on the burgerkingring

kill yourself anyways you couldn't come close to the performance envelope and capabilities of even a bone stock $15,000 wrx sti/e46 m3

>The same shit as every other exhaust
wrong

>but do you not think you can charge Ferrari owners more than people who drive a Dodge pickup?
If it was possible to do it for cheap someone would do it for cheap. Very few people are willing to put aftermarket parts on a Ferrari because it will decrease the value. It's very expensive to make low run, fabricated parts that are anywhere close to OEM quality. The whole exhaust system on the mid engined Ferraris is partially hung from the header, so even if it's a tiny bit off the exhaust won't be centered correctly.

Why the fuck would they?

What's with all these random guys getting Vorsteiner/Akrapovic/LibertyWalk/etc. shit on their Lamborarris?

Maybe I jelly but I refuse to habeeb there are this many random guys with this much money and this little sense to essentially rice their $250K cars. I was thinking they're leasing them but surely the lease doesn't let you chop exhausts and such.

>an aftermarket exhaust on a fast car is ricing it
I want nu-Veeky Forums to leave.

this

nu-Veeky Forums is total shit

There's not really that many at all, they just post every 10 minutes on social media so they are way over represented.

Most aftermarket exhausts don't offer any actual performance gains and are always of lower quality than the OEM exhausts on a Ferrari, unless there is an issue with the OEM design like on the 355 and 430.

>Most aftermarket exhausts don't offer any actual performance gains
Who gives a shit? You don't change an exhaust to add power, you do it to get more noise.

>not rice

>changing an exhaust is the same thing as stancing it, putting a wide body kit on and a butch of faggoty stickers on
Kys you are self.

My comment was agreeing that nu-Veeky Forums is shit in general. IDGAF about exhausts for exotics

uh hey man who are you

One of the reasons I haven't bought a mk3 Supra is that the engine is apparently unreliable and and difficult to work on.

Why do you like the 7mge?

Because the MK3 Supra is better than the DR30 Skyline :^)

No, I'm actually a 4AGE guy and I'm fixing up a 280ZX. I only keep the 7mge tripcode because its been my trip for like 10 years and I like to trigger autists who hate it. If you want one, buy one. Its not as easy to work on as an L28E, but it isn't that bad. Blowing head gaskets isn't a meme though, so replace it ASAP

Unsubbed from his channel.

Was fun when he was working out of Gotham dream cars but it took a sharp nosedive after he got kicked out

>got kicked out
I can't say I'm a spaghetti follower, but doesn't he have partial ownership of Gotham Dream Cars?

Can't stand VV. That dude is one closeted homo douche

>Caring about car sound
Is there anything more autistic than this. Protip no one cares

Kill yourself.

>aftermarket exhaust
This was suggested to me, I took a pass. For nothing but noise?
Fuck that.
What are the issues with the OEM 355 and 430?

lol at this guy

Thats why its slower then a camaro

>he doesnt like the brap of vtec kicking in

spotted the queer

He made too many of his cars spaghetti sauce all over their garage and had to move out to make room or some shit he was very cryptic about it so maybe who knows

They're the same in that they have six cylinders and are an internal combustion engine. But beyond that they aren't related in anyway.

Rob spaghetti is an autistic man children that only claim to fame was to run away from the police 12 years ago.

Oh look another narcisstic faggot.

>Akrapovic
>rice
pick one

SO he thinks people should be arrested for buying something and then later selling it for a profit?

Fuck off.

>arrested for buying something and then later selling it for a profit
Hope not, I do that shit all day.

It's different because he didn't buy the car with the intention to flip it. He bought it, doesn't like it as much as he thought, and there's no reason to hold onto a car you don't want while the market is good enough to break even or profit.

Looks better than this

It's normal to not care what sound the bus makes

You'll understand once you have a car

>Not caring about sound
Found the electro-cuck

>Arrested
Not at all but he agrees with Porsches decision of not selling to car flippers. Cars are not commodities.

>Cars are not commodities
they aren't?

>10k on a several hundred thousand dollar car
Boo hoo

Boxer != 180 degree v

If you treat cars like commodities then I will pray for your financial health.

Stop watching Youtube

>treat cars like commodities
Is buying them for resale this?

>said the degenerate hillbilly convict who murders people over their taste in music and lights churches on fire

Fucking faggot varg, go fuck yourself. I hope niggers kill your family.

Tell mom's spaghetti to put a glasspack on it and shut the fuck up. Where does this idiot get his money from, anyhow? Is he just a NEET who fucks with cars all day?

>Where does this idiot get his money from, anyhow?
StreetSpeed a few months back showed how much he made per month from youtube, it was something like 20k a month. Spaghetti has more subscribers and also dabbles in merchandise sales on the side. Spaghetti making 300k a year just on youtube is possible.

Turning corners is also covered under "performance"