In 15 years everyone who shits on the gt86 will be hailing it as the new godcar and the best tuning platform in the...

In 15 years everyone who shits on the gt86 will be hailing it as the new godcar and the best tuning platform in the world.

You are all just poorfags who think a brand new sports car should cost 10 grand or you're rednecks who value a car entirely on horsepower.

True.

no they wont? it's not that great

Still wont be as good as a fiST or a miata

It sure isn't a looker. At least it should be fun. And I bet it is but is it really worth the money when considering all the alternatives?

It looks better in person.

>implying looks is a objective measure of a car's worth

>FWD Fist

>Miata is already a memecar

FWD is best wheel drive

Sorry but unfortunately I can't find it appealing from any angle.

>>>>>implying
Yes, I am. You have to like your car's styling to truly love it.
Could anyone even try to answer my general question?

In 15 years the GT86 will cost the same as any comparable tuning platforms, and the MUH PRICE argument will be invalid.

DESU it's priced reasonably brand new, it's fucking ludicrous to expect a brand new sports car to cost under 20k.

And I buy my tuning platforms based on potential, I don't give a fuck what it looks like.

It'll be a good platform once the proper engine is in place.

>In 15 years
What an argument. Yeah, ok, let's wait then.
A pre-owned one will start at 15k eur where I live. I'd prefer an MR2 for the money. Or.. anything else. There's nothing wrong if you like the car but you won't convince someone who doesn't feel the same way. And why are you trying to do that so desperately? Are you feeling lonely? I truly wish there would be more new stuff I'd appreciate but unfortunately there isn't much.

Nice try, cars aren't built to last anymore.

Not like the Skyline, MX5, 240sx, Supra, and lots of other Japanese cars are "lookers". But they are severely popular. The GT86 does actually look good IRL, saw the pics when they first announced it and I was like what is this tarnation. Then saw it IRL and was like it looks much better than I previously thought. Though not as good as the previous design.

the interiors and comfort electronics yes, but the drivetrains are as, if not more, reliable than old cars.

Is this what you keep telling yourself when you get btfo by camrys and sonatas at the light?

Here's a gold medal for all those mental gymnastics you're doing.

the 240sx wasn't a very fast car out of the box either, yet you can't find a clean one without meme tax

People will continue to use the S-chassis. You sound like someone who got pulled by a minivan.

>15 years.
Try 5. Have you seen the resale?

In 15 years, the ND miata will still be a better tuning platform

The only reason people like the 240sx is because the SR20DET drops right in.

It's really the 180sx that people like, which came with a turbo 4 cylinder.

Woah, a car that's too expensive for what it is will be better when it's cheaper!? Who'd have thought

In 15 years all cars will be electric and driving your own car will be illegal

The problem with the GT86 is that it is marginally faster than a bolt-on 240sx and those are driven by the target market of the GT86.

you could already build a god machine for the cost of a 200hp gt86