What is the cheapest car you've owned that you drove for a significant amount of time?

What is the cheapest car you've owned that you drove for a significant amount of time?

muh '84 Civic that's going on HotRod drag week with me this year. Paid $750

i bought a yaris for $5000 7 years ago and i still have it
only has needed
>oil changes
>exhaust
>1 battery
>brakes

When I was ultra-poor I bought a Renault Fuego for $1K and drove it for over a year. Did no maint on it. When I got rid of it it had basically no brakes and coolant would shoot out of the engine bay through the hood panels. It was a rough time.

I bought a running and driving 1988 Corolla FX for $150 5 years back. 5 speed, single cam, carbureted, and so light that 85 horses felt pretty good on a long straight dirt road. Fixed it up, drove it for 7 months, and used it as a donor car when I bought an automatic FX16 and swapped the auto for a manual.

I love these cars

I bought a 92 Beretta in 02 for $300 and drove it the whole 2 years I was in nursing school. That little thing was reliable as hell. Till it wasn't

my first car I bought back in 2001... 1987 E30 325is

Had 160k when I bought it for $2900... sold it in college with 220k miles for $2k

Chevy Spark, 800cc with 50hp, $5500 brand new in 2011.

Better than taking the bus I guess.

lol you bought a daewoo brand new

do you live in poland?

e36 for something around 320 dollars now, no idea how the currency exchange was back in the day, but i suppose it costed even less in $
i drove it for 2 years until i killed it with drifting

since i have only owned 2 cars the one i paid 1.8k on has driven 20k by me and my cheap 800$ car has 2000km on it

would be this junk i bought for 500$

4x4 and auto, unfortunately, but beggars cant be choosers, super high mileage, like 306K

fixed little leaks here and there, and replaced the thoroughly trashed water pump, but its been ok so far. still iffy on taking for a 3 hour trip across state lines

An Excel X2 I picked up for $800. Despite its reputation as one of the most unreliable cars in existence I owned it for two years with no issues, just did regular maintenance Sold it for $1000

I bought a 91 Honda Accord EX for $3700 with 90k miles, drove it for 18 years to 460k miles.

I went through 2 radiators, 3 mufflers, 1 distributor, other than regular maintenance.

Then I sold it to a Honda mechanic for $600

>Be from /k/
>Relatively new to cars
I drooled trying to figure out a school shooting or something joke in your post before giving up and googling what the fuck that was

Lol well now you know

>400$ volvo 740 na manual
bought it with a broken speedometer and the odo was connected, so it was broken at 207k miles and I drove it for over 6 months full timing at a pizza place
>900$ toyota echo, manual
130k miles on it, the tranny blew the other day and it lasted 4 months, the frame is fucked so scrapping soon, and I learned to check for rust
>3rd car, 850$ saturn sl manual 234k miles, even has good ac and a new muffler and brakes
just got it yesterday, just needs the clutch adjusted the bite point was super high

Why didn't you just get the FX16 4A-GE model, also if you bought the car because of RCR then you're a faggot.

2002 chevy cavalier, salvage title that went through a flood. Was a daily driver for this middls aged woman who used it to transport her dogs and kids. That motherfucker was reliable. Every repair was a 3 day struggle stinking of pb blaster and frought with the sounds of hammering due to the flood rust, but that car never gave up on me, even with nearly 200k on the original engine amd tranny. The day came where the frame literally started falling to piecea from flood rust; an inevitability I was prepared for. It hurt anyways. Its getting ready to go to the junkyard now.

Aww it's so cute

>1999 toyota camry LE with most of the extra opitions
>bought it for 900$ at 200,000 miles
>at 255,000
Cons-
>slow as fuck
>low ride height

Talk shit as much as you want but i like my older camry

That era Camry was rock solid! I've always wanted to get one to have as an extra car

I got my miata in 2008 for $2,200 and still drive the piss out of it daily, so, 9 years.

1997 Toyota Corolla
>paid 400 murica bills
>3 years later I still have it and it's the best, most reliable car i've ever owned
>only time it ever broke down was when the battery cable came loose once

Only bad things about it are:
>(really) rusty rocker panels
>3 speed autotragic
>no cruise control or intermittent wipers

but who needs that shit anyway I guess.

If you loved it, then it had a good life user. It's okay to let it go.

A hand-me-down K12 Micra that i've been driving from 2009-present. Underrated as shit car. It's too bad about the JUST aesthetics.

2002 Suzuki Swift that i paid £650 for a year ago and crashed 2 weeks ago when someone pulled out on me at a junction. Was a great car for the price and I would have planned on keeping it a lot longer if it had a bigger engine.

Spent three fucking years in this pile of wank. Marketed as Golf V6 motion in the UK it had a 2.8 VR6 motor giving out 204bhp (and you thought the BRZ was slow) and an early generation haldex system giving it a gimped version of AWD - essentially it was FWD until the front wheels slipped then it engaged around 40% i think of the power to the rear.

What it had going for it
>looked good
>sounded good

What it didnt
>beaten in a straight line by a corolla compressor
>beaten in a straight line by a gen 8 civic CDTI
>beaten in a straight line by a 123D
>ABS sensor broke on one wheel, disabling the ABS, traction control and AWD system. One sensor
>obligatory check engine light
>handled like a fucking bus, going around tight corners meant you were pushed against the window
>window motors broke
>18mpg anywhere
>could only get 29mpg if you sat on the motorway at 65mph and hoped you didnt have to use your brakes for the whole trip.
>gearbox was a terrible, overengineered notchy mess, it was like if you got a bucket, filled it with rocks, stuffed a metal pole in the middle and tried to move it around
>developed a misfire in the wet meaning you couldnt drive it too hard in the rain
>in fucking England
>undertray fell off while driving in a straight line on a smooth road
>armrest used to stick out almost into the shifter meaning you had to develop this wierd, overhand method for selecting 2nd, 4th and 6th
>armrest also got in the way of the handbrake meaning you had to put your arm onto the passenger side to reach it, molesting whoever was sitting there
>notalwaysbad.png
>4w RMS radio as standard
>chunky haldex diff meant reduced boot space, so as a hatchback it was useless
>trip computer had alzheimers

Apparently, i was one of the lucky ones. They were known to eat coil packs at £250 a time.

Price paid? £1700
Sold for £500 to a dealer in PX for a MK2 Focus ST. Almost tore the guys hand off when they offered me that much for it.

>Why didn't you just get the FX6 4A-GE model
>Why didn't you just
>just
Because you're an idiot and have no idea how rare those things are in non-shit condition?

t. GT Twincam owner.

Paid a lot for it, a lot more than 150 dollars at least.

Missfire when wet is the coil pack.

>there are VAGfags who think that only MexiVW are shit

Heh, the only VAG I would ever even consider buying is a 1.9 diesel, or a n/a 1.8

My W123 200 Automatic with 245k km on clock (now 263k).

Got it with 500 euromoneys 2 years ago (got it as a part of car lot bought in to dealer i work in) so i grabbed it dirt cheap.

Still driving it and loving it, no problems at all and passes roadworthy inspection every year with no probs.

I remember this car from another thread, any more pics?

Okay that's what i call a bargain.

Forgot to tell it had been sitting in dry garage for last 10 years.

Came to us with fresh roadworthy inspection, new brakes all around, new fluids, new wheel bearings, new brakehoses, 4x new tires etc.

It had some surface rust problems (had to prep & paint rear arches, lower parts of doors and buy new front fenders). Painted it myself except fenders. It was labeled as old rustbucket so i offered 500 for it.

All in now about 1000 and it looks fresh as fuck.

got a 93 foxbody as my first car at 14(2004) for $500 with 112k on the clock. drove that car till last year when i sold it for $1500 with 220k on the clock. never had a problem and only did routine maintenance.

$5k USD turbo model for a few months.
Never again.

This..
This is fucking beautiful.

>UK it had a 2.8 VR6 motor giving out 204bhp (and you thought the BRZ was slow

Dodge Neon ES

Had it for about a year, paid $600 for it.

paid $7800 for this, second place was an 04 wrx i got in 2010 for $9000

wow that's beautiful, what year/model is it?

1992 Nissan hardbody pickup. Paid $650, had 192k on it. Beat the shit out of it for almost 9 years daily driving. Finally tore the factory clutch out at 245k,followed by the trans at 260k. Hasnt been on the road in 3 yrs, but still runs with 297k miles. Smokes a lot, and i think the head gasket is slightly blown, but i still jump start once in a while and tear ass across the neighborhood on it. Buying it and repairs throughout the years, i think i have barely broke $1k total. Its currently waiting for my buddy to pull the ls1 out of his camaro for a built motor so that i can buy his stock ls1 and drop it with a 6 speed into the pickup and bring it back to life