My father is passing this SL-500 down to me, why should I sell it Veeky Forums?

Clay bar, polish, and wax it. Drive on weekends. And maintain this gem. This generation of SL is a future classic.

Why would you? It's beautiful.

And like said, it will probably become a valuable classic in the future.

>selling a SL
fuck you I'd keep that fucker forever

Not if it's less than a V12.

>spotted benchracer

This generation of SL is already a timeless classic and utterly beautiful to look at. Anything less than 8 cylinders is worth keeping. However, good luck finding cheap replacement parts for it

OP here

It has 160,000 KM on the odometer, after my father had his legs amputated, it hasn't been driven except by me. I take it out whenever I can although he's several hours drive from where I live. I own a 2016 Highlander because wife and 2 kids, so the SL as fun as it is for a toy car, cannot be parked long term on the street. I have to arrange affordable storage which is hard to come by.

I will have to find someone who will cheaply rent out a garage space, also I have to get the grille repaired as a fin got damaged.

Light it on fire.

why did he get his legs amputated

because he read Katawa Shoujo

Diabeetus.

The old man had a good life, but the window is closing fast.

Couldn't he just like, eat properly or something?

he killed fitty men

That requires not being a weak willed lard ass.

The man drank 40's of vodka daily, shit caught up to him.

I would too if I bought an SL500.

>tfw no qt Veeky Forums amputee gf

>beautiful to look at

It's a foxbody mustang with a celica front end. Nothing beautiful about it.

The funny thing was, it was his ex GF's car, which he took ownership of through some Jerry Springer bullshit. Long story short, it's now his but he can't do anything with it, in which he's saying that it is mine if I want it.

>never driven an SL

They're smooth, powerful, and comfortable. I only wish there was a manual transmission option

>selling a fucking sl
its like you want to regret it forverer

you should try your best to keep it OP, these cars were plagued with terrible color combos so having one like that is special.

im sry but that car is just plain ugly. Sell it and buy something nice

It's the right kind of 80s. Classy.

>selling a fucking sl that was gifted from dad
you deserve to die just for thinking that for a minute

i like you

Basically you can't really take care of it because family and he can't really take care of it because health. At least it won't rot in the backyard somewhere, as you have to pay for it to be garaged, but it's not really going to get the attention it needs either. Does that about sum it up? Sell it. If you were still single, hell yeah, drive it but those days are in your past?