Why the fuck are Mustang fastbacks so ridiculously overpriced...

Why the fuck are Mustang fastbacks so ridiculously overpriced? Is it just here in California or is it just as bad in other states? I'm willing to drive elsewhere to find one that isn't ridiculous like this, please help me find one Veeky Forums!

>Only made a few thousand
>Most desirable mustang

Really makes you think

My brother sold his 69 coupe mustang
Here in so cal he made 10k
It ran and was good on the exterior but the inside dash was practically stripped

Bullit
and coupes are ugly compared to fastbacks to most

lolno

fastbacks made up 45% of every Mustang produced in 1969

and of every Mustang made that year 24% were Mach 1 fastbacks

subtle, i like it

boomers

>then goes on to explain how its a very small percentage of all mustangs produced, and therefore rare

>$10000

do tell me how that is a small percent

less than 1% of them sold were coupe deluxe with a bench seat

that is rare

literally the only 1969 Mustang that was produced more was the base coupe

pls explain?

hat on shadow

>fat fuck taking the pictures
lel, sometimes I think bomers are just as bad as millennials

bump, can anyone help me find a mustang fastback for cheap?

Why did he sell it?

Get the conversion kit and weld it in.

For a second I thought it said $1,000 and I thought "Well, that's not AWFUL."

ausfag here, how much does a third gen mustang cost. engine doesn't really matter desu. prefer one made before 1989 cause they're probably easier to import.

m'stang

They are expensive because people want them and not many are on the market.

Why anyone would want that is beyond me.

lol, no one will ever buy that POS

He already put about 1.5k into it and wanted something he could drive as a daily. This heat wavehere in so cal made it over heat even more often here. Now he's looking for a gt

>he sold something people dream of because of a heat wave
Sounds like a bitch t b h

Majority of those got wrapped around telephone poles, trees, ditches, stolen, chop shopped or left in fields like OP's.

How much is it actually worth?

3-4k

>Dat Bullitt tax

The coupes are ugly, people don't spend big money for ugly Fords.

Wrong year.

69-72 fastbacks are much easier to find and they should not be worth nearly as much as the 66-67 fastbacks.

That's a good way to get the phone slammed on you, that's a pretty insulting offer.

they're expensive because boomers have an emotional connection with them because that was one of the cars they had/wanted/loved back in their high school/college days. the sentimental value tax.

my theory is that when all the boomers start circling the drain there will be a huge influx of already restored muscle cars on the market. and since the Gen Xers and Millennials will already have their own sentimental attachment to their first cars there will be less demand for those late 60's/early 70's muscle cars, which should lower the average price to something that might actually be affordable. jesus christ can you imagine how many fucking 67-69 camaros will be out there by then?

If boomers love them so much why do they let them rot?

You mean Fox body m8? Those are fucking everywhere, u can get a "roller" chassis for $500 or even less, mostly ready for u to sodder ur Wallaby Falcon mowtor :^)

Make a road trip to burgerland and go a little barn hunting, Cletus should have some Foxes around in his yard in Arizona willing to get rid off, in exchange of a pint o' Whiskey and shotgun bullets, enough for him to not need to go back to the civilization for 6 months.

I wouldn't pay more than 2500-3500 depending on what shape the remaining drivetrain is in. Retarded boomer can let it rust for all I care.

>shotgun bullets

they're called shells you dingus

cash4clunkers fucked most "normie" mustangs from the era, making them more "rare" to come by and to source parts.

I know, I know. Now that Cletus has internet, he reverse enginereed his double barrell to be more lethal by watching tutorials, mkay.

>tfw Cletus arrives in his LS Swapped Fowrd "Ranger" F100

>pretty insulting offer
>for a fucking pile of rust

can't wait until all you boomers die off and your children who always hated you get rid of all your crap, including your meme land boat. it's insulting to insinuate that this pile of shit is worth anywhere near 10k.

because I know what I got

no lowballers