First manual car

bought a 2017 subaru sti as my first manual car. feels fucking great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S5NWcdq4Wf4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Make sure you get a dash cam to show us when you wreck it taking a turn

Why is the Subaru in a corner?
Is it being punished for something?

Understeer is no meme, do not let the false sense of security fool you
>t.sti owner

Did it come with a vape pen from the dealership?

And how does it feel to drive a car that looks like a camry?

>STI
>no wing

Huh?

t. 2k shitboxes

A camry that is faster than what 90% of Veeky Forums drives mind you

Understeer is no meme if you suck at driving. If you know how to, like, actually drive, then you're fine.

camry with a ducktail

Enjoy it user!

the understeer is suspension setup more than drivetrain or weight distribution, slap stiff rear sway bars on the thing and you should be fine to oversteer. I do recommend front and rear bar upgrades with adjustability, so you can tune it.
what's sad is that the 4 cylinder Camry is faster than at least half of Veeky Forums in a straight line as well. in a corner it's a pig because of the shit suspension parts and geometry though.
when you break grip, you're at the mercy of suspension and the AWD's setup from Subaru, which is likely setup to understeer like most cars for ease of use

Understeer is there weather you combat it or not is irrelevant. Doubt OP knows much about how the AWD system works, he will either crash or have a close call that will help him reevaluate life
Doubt OP wants to start modifying his suspension right away, he go'n learn soon enough. Hope he keeps it it one piece to enjoy!

why would you park a car on wood floor in a house

sway bars are usually piss easy, and can go back to stock easy if the dealer needs to look at the car. rears are a fast drop in for almost all cars, fronts can be bad in some cars (like mine where I had to drop the steering rack) but it looks like it's easy on the current STI from pics I'm seeing.

You think sway bars would help alot better than a good set of pilot supersports? Have not started messing with my suspension and currently has Kumo tires (bought car with new set)

How many dicks were in your ass when you typed that OP?

>having payments on a mememobile

Why do subarus trigger you so hard you need to come into every thread forcing that Facebook tier meme?

You can get an STi Limited with no wing now.

depends on how much body roll you have from the factory. if you roll a lot before breaking grip, stiffen the car. if you lose grip before seeing a lot of roll, get better/wider tires. Sway bars will help roll a bit, the big thing about them is managing under/oversteer with their stiffness settings. coilovers are better at solving roll problems, but are a much bigger endeavor
but that's not a for-
fixed

Thinking about getting a WRX, not the STi though. Would actually like the BRZ but might not be practical since I have a toddler. Anyone else face the same decision?

The BRZ just looks so nice and I always wanted one since before they even came out when I was still a student.

His do you know he gas payments?

Fuck that's frightening. That's the thing with Subaru's AWD, once you break grip you get loose on all 4 tires rather than 2 at a time like front or rear biased drivetrains.

And its fucking stupid that Subaru tuned the suspension to understeer that much at the edge when the power feels rear biased while you have grip. Lures you into a false sense of security 95% of the time, and then acts in the opposite way you expect it to the other 5%.

>Subarus aren't normie tier vehicles just like facebook memes
you're right user, I should just give in and buy one

I'm single and was torn between the WRX and ND. Ended up with Miata because I don't have friends who need rides, they all like to drive themselves. For anyone who has normie friends or a family, the WRX is far better than a 2 seater or a 2+2. Subaru also has crazy good financing in my experience

>His do you know he gas payments?
no way OP shelled out 30k for a meme. It was an impulse purchase I guarantee it.

He was going way too fast for that corner, its not a magic grip machine. He understeered when he turned the wheel WAY too much way too late way too fast

Whoops I really butchered that sentence. Yeah, BRZ doesn't seem too practical for me. Planning to pay cash for my purchase. Why don't people buy used 335i instead of WRX?

Cool, Now you must live with the stigma of letting the world know you drive a WRX/STi until the day you total it or sell it.

>Why don't people buy used 335i instead of WRX?
Because its literally new vs used

New WRX? 27k

Used 335i? somewhere between 25 and 40k depending on mileage and condition?

I was actually considering a 335i but I couldn't find a manual one at the price I was looking for that had miles below 70k like holy shit

Damn this nigga parked in his living room.

I think everyone on Veeky Forums who is looking at new cars took a look at the 335i and 135i

Even a 2008 m3 sedan can be had for under 30k. New is nice but then you feel the need to be more careful. Even 10 year old bmws have nicer interiors than Subaru.

I guess the other thing I haven't considered is maintainability of the car.

>who is looking at new cars took a look at the 335i and 135i
Well if thats the case then you're shilling out at a price point way beyond the WRX at 27k.

>Even a 2008 m3 sedan can be had for under 30k.
Well you have to think too, this is largely apples and oranges because the WRX is 27k new, that M3 is almost 10 years old and its only RWD and not AWD. So this comparison doesn't work well IMO.

Maintainability is probably going to go in favor of the WRX purely because its a japanese car for an american market. Japanese cars like Subaru, Honda, Nissan tend to be very plentiful in terms of finding parts and stuff. The BMW is nice but you're probably going to pay more for parts.

That idiot was clearly going way too fast

I meant that a used 335i or 135i are attractive alternatives to a new sporty car, at least until you think about owning a used BMW

youtube.com/watch?v=S5NWcdq4Wf4

I see,

I think its a little different in my case. Around my area I get this feeling like I see a lot of BMW's and I get that trope that "well everyone has a beemer so I don't want a beemer" I have a less unique car comparatively and I don't feel what separates my car from the rest.

>manual

enjoy clutching all the time to go through 5 gears. meanwhile auto master race has more gears plus paddle shifters/manual stick

>enjoy clutching all the time to go through 5 gears
>5
what is this 1995? pretty much all manuals are 6+ gears now
any car can become unique when you mod it

Aussies fucking love their manuals, this post was likely done by an American

>Limited gear ratios

Jesus Christ grandpa it must suck to not have unlimited gear ratios that are selectable on the fly.

>6+

there are like two 7 speed manuals in existence and none go higher than that

>CVT
I'm sorry you got stuck with good tech that is set up like shit because people like hearing engines rev.

Has anyone bought a WRX and realized the vape-fag stigma is too much?

>vrroooOOOM-shift-vroooOOOM-shift

This is a computer setting. You can change any CVT to work as it should with a laptop.

I bought an older Forester xt(back when they were fast) and feel this so much

Semi trucks have many more gears than that, this one's an 18 speed.

Same, I have an "I don't vape" sticker on my Legacy GT. Kinda half jokingly, but the vape meme is kinda annoying.

Right? I bought it because I wanted to modify it and smoke people with the 4.44 gears but now every performance exhaust except for about 2 are just giant fart rockets, and everyone who knows about the fxt asks me when I'm going to bag it, so I've been completely turned off to modding it in any way.

If I knew what owning a turbo Subaru would have been like I would have bought something else like a Volvo wagon

He should audition for one of those "Today my subaru saved my life" commercials.

i do not plan to mod the STI i think its a great car the way it is, i do plan on putting a lot of miles on it too.

>spending 40k on any sedan that isnt a chevy ss
kys boyracer.

don't you have somewhere to be?

You 75 years old?

>buying new
>putting a lot of miles on it
enjoy your shit resale value.

>hurr durr you don't like my car so you must be a busrider
no. it's called being a mature adult. mature adults don't drive faggy unreliable awd econoboxes.

>unreliable
>shills a GM product

>it's called being a mature adult
>mature adults don't drive faggy unreliable awd econoboxes
i'd like to see what a "mature adult" such as yourself drives

enjoying my cooled seats and V8 exhaust note and swedish engineering. (for 15k)

>enjoying my cooled seats
>swedish engineering
>for 15k
you can't make this shit up

what part are you having trouble with?

spending 15k for swedish engineering and cooled seats

soulless

>Semi trucks have many more gears than that, this one's an 18 speed.

And gets dusted by a bicycle. Weak b8

cool bud, you'll never buy an auto again. i know i haven't. hope you enjoy it.