twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It still looks like a car a faggot would buyv

>turbo Honda
>no 9 billion RPM NA engine that sounds like it's about to explode
they're dead to me

but it looks like dogshit

from this blurry pic the civic aint so bad

>0-60 in 4.9 sec

lmao slower than a Silverado. Stick to grocery getters Honda...

fuck why no type R coupe? 5 door is pig fat

Does it come in a hatch / fastback variant? If not, then into the trash etc

so did your mom. but even you were born!

found the honda fanboy

So its the official car of Veeky Forums now?

I like that way it looks. Way better than the cuck STI.

Grrrrrrrrrr I'm angry!

>0-60 in 4.9 sec
Wut wait how everyone else who driven the type r claim 0-60 in the mid 5 sec range

4.9 driven by a professional driver in perfect weather conditions after 30 attempts and using the lowest number

>Civic Si can come in a 2door
>Type R has to be a 4door

it looks less angry and more confident.

The Honda "I forgot the STI and RS existed when I made my purchase"

with slicks

The Sti uses a 15 year old power train strung to its limits and the RS feels like a rattle can

The STi was factory rice at its peak, until this thing came out

Literally every reviewer ever has said this car is better than the STI and RS. I wouldn't buy either of them now that this car is out (not that I'm going to buy this car). But everything is objectively better about this car. It's faster (now that the numbers are out), handles better, breaks better, better interior, better reliability, better ride, better tech, better price, etc. It basically BTFO'd the competition until the next STI or RS comes out.

the r stands for reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It looks nice in red. The rice accents don't stand out. underrated color

>no more glorious NA Honda sound
Why bother waking up in the morning

> new car
> better reliability
are you a wizard?

>we want the WRX audience

It's Honda and it's a 3100lb FWD based on a model that's already out. Not much can go wrong aside from the unproven engine. STI and RS already have a crop of documented issues.

It is a hatch

I can't even fucking get this car if I wanted to. Markups are still $10k-$20k across the country. I hope prices settle down in a few months so I can actually consider this car seriously. Beta-ass nips need to stand up for their brand and put their foot down on sleazy western dealerships charging stupid markup over a car that is eventually going to be mass-produced anyway. Seriously they already said they were going to produce 6000 just for the US by March next year, why haven't the dealerships gotten the fucking message.

Dealer near me wanted around $48k for one of these things before tax.

What the fuck are they trying to compete with?

Rich chinese folks. Maybe international students with lambo money or asian ricer kids who grew up and became doctors or whatever. All the cars in SoCal are being bought up immediately for $25k over including "accessories." Lines are 10+ long. People don't give a shit that it's M2 or Cayman money because they probably already have those cars.

youtube.com/watch?v=VKMw2it8dQY

4.9 SECONDS

HONDA HATERS BTFO

Is the wing functional?

Same engine as the previous gen Type R, which had zero issues.

>wrong wheel drive
>better

>Honda makes a performance car with a mechanical handicap
>still better than its competitors despite handicap

Are Ford, Subaru, and VW even trying?

yes, ctr is apparently the only car in its class that has actual downforce from the wing

For the kid market that can't afford the car? No.

Which one?

All those kids that jacked off to 90s Hondas are adults now with jobs that pay them well enough to buy this thing even with the ridiculous dealer markups