A few months back (February 22nd) I made a thread saying I was going to buy a Focus RS

A few months back (February 22nd) I made a thread saying I was going to buy a Focus RS.

You guys said to drive the STI because it had a better 0-100 and was more "ridiculous". A big argument ensued.

Went and drove an STI the next day and bought it on the spot. I still don't think it's faster than the RS, but it feels more... dangerous? I don't know.

Thx Veeky Forums

Actually I wish someone would have told me what a shitty fucking sound system this car has.

It is literally the worst of all time.

Contrats you are now the 12349023094290342385'th subaru meme RX owner. How do you feel?

Lucky bastard.
Enjoy your Sti

Who cares? Listen to the car instead.

>Like the idea the idea of an STI
>wing and scoop looks dumb on street car
>looks even worse wingless

there's no fun to be had in the winter

Oh, you wanna see if my 1996 V3 STI is faster than your brand new one? I'm also in Onterrible.

I didn't know the STI was the black sheep of Veeky Forums until I got it. If the RS was faster on paper (which is all I care about desu) I would have got it instead.

I'm an absolute believer now, though.

No front plates? I wish I had that option... I got to the delivery and the plate was drilled straight into my bumper.

it's a fucking harmon kardon isnt' it? My friend has a 2017 sti and it sounds incredible.

>paper numbers mattering more than the driving experience

>Spending $40k on a new car without trying the creature comforts

Dumb as a rock

Good choice honestly, the AWD system is better on the WRX and I'm sure its more economical for the price.

You drove an RS first at least, right? What did you think of it?
STis hold value like few other cars do. Buying them new isnt a terrible idea like with most cars.

You might be faster... right up to the speed limit.

a good sound system is nice if you sit in traffic or take longer trips ever

No it's just the regular Subaru system. I went with the sport package (in Canada) for the black rims because I thought the BBS looked shit. Unfortunately that meant I have to live with the base sound system. It's genuinely the worst I've ever heard.

Tbqh I didn't even consider it. Just like I didn't consider how impossible it is to get into the car without kicking the god damned door sills.

I drove them both within a 2 day span. I was literally about to purchase the RS and hasn't considered the STI until I posted here.

The driving experience in the STI feels quite different. The paper numbers seem to tell the truth, the STI feels faster, even when you know you're in a situation when the RS is making more power (STI boost is non existent before 3000). I think it's because the STI feels more raw.

I felt the RS almost too... composed? I'm not sure. Everyone who gets in the STI immediately remarks on how awful it is to be a passenger in because of the ride/noise. For some reason I love those things.

If those things are key factors to you, the RS is ahead by a mile. I think that's why you see so many reviewers comparing the two and slamming the STI saying "yeah the STI feels faster but it's a shit fucking car for anything but having a giggle"

If the STI is faster, where did the extra 50hp from the RS go?

>I think that's why you see so many reviewers comparing the two and slamming the STI saying "yeah the STI feels faster but it's a shit fucking car for anything but having a giggle"

i'm pretty sure they were saying the same thing about the evo... when comparing sti and evo

It was spent by the Ford marketing department.

drivetrain loss and added weight I suppose. I don't think the RS AWD is as efficient. In terms of numbers the RS is .3 seconds faster to 60, so it might not be that noticeable.

>harmon kardon
For a stock stereo, these actually sound great.

No front plate because I haven't bothered to affix it.. it's in the window...

I can get a ticket for it... I just don't drive into the GTA area much, and when I do for Hypermeet, I'll zip tie it to the bumper mesh.