Shit boxes have unironicaly become the "DREAMCARS" of some normies, i hear this more and more often now...

Shit boxes have unironicaly become the "DREAMCARS" of some normies, i hear this more and more often now, My dream car is a (CRX,R32,EVO5)etc insert name here

is this a a sign of how bad things have become? i dont know anybody whos dream car is a Lambo or farari

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lgUuRVkgJmg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe because it's not all about speed and luxury, OP

its because they're being realistic.
I'll never be able to afford a lambo or ferrari. I will be able to afford a pulsar GTi-R or an Evo 6 TME.

realistically nobody is going to be able to afford a lambo.

I don't even know what models are current in the supercar world right now, don't really care because I'll never own one.

Because they all voted for Bernie Sanders expecting free stuff and now they are left to lose in life.

millennials are fucking poor dude, what do you expect? it's a coping mechanism

the 959 will always be my dream car. Realistically, I'll never be able to own one so I'd rather lust over blue Sileighties and UAZs

My dream car costs less than 20000 dollars bare bones. Does it make it not a good car? DCT hypercars don't excite me the way a tube frame fibreglass deathtrap does.

Because realistically, few people will ever be able to afford a Ferrari or Lamborghini. And honestly, the dream of owning one faded away when I was 16 when I realized how much maintenance and upkeep those things required.

And also, the people who were kids in the early 2000s are now adults, and they used to watch f&tf and play NFS Underground, which primarily featured souped up regular cars. That might be why people nowdays want those seemingly boring cars.

Because people realize older cars like an EK for example if well kept are able to last long, not only that they are very cheap to maintain/do repairs too and easy to learn on.

EK's are are in the 20s now, the aftermarket is big whether or not that's a good or bad thing, they're pretty good starter car but also can become more 'adult' cars when you're looking at swaps such as h22/k20's. I

>CRX, R32, EVO5
>Shitboxes

CRX is tbf

Supercars are a moneypit and a hell to maintain.

Plus the sleeper meme. People want to surprise others.

A pristine CRX is like a unicorn, I can totally understand why it would be somebody's dream car

>Supercars are a moneypit and a hell to maintain.
Also thievery magnets and I know you already said moneypit but the fucking insurance. Plus if the thing got a scratch or keyed you'd kill yourself.

My dream car is a 911 GT but that thing costs almost as much as my house and will be a full on bitch to maintain.

Meanwhile cars like a Z31/32 or even a Grand National are within my financial reach and fun to drive.

>yfw you build a 711hp civic and the boomer in the muscle car next to you is already in your rearview

really makes you think when all you put in was 10k over a 3 year period.

Thats why shitboxes are life

>Shitboxes
>Shitboxes
This is how I read your post.

Every 2 economy/commuter focused car.

Yeah I've a similar mind. I want a Toyobaru since it's way faster than I'm legally allowed to drive it anyway and it's a cool looking RWD coupe made to slide. I'd go for a 911 GT also if I had the cash but for most purposes the Toyobaru would serve me just as well.

But
>Slower than a minivan

If I did make bank, Id still rather have garages of skylines nsx miatas and rx7s. Porsches too but overall luxory/super cars sorta blow. Like to me they go in the same category as old 50s to 70s stuff. Sure I can appreciate it.. but jesus no I dont want one. Ugh.

Don't sell it the Toyobru short. It's 0-60 is still faster than a modern minivan.

youtu.be/lgUuRVkgJmg

Laguna Hills crew?

Because they are the cars from the dvds and magazines I watched as a kid.

You have no idea how much it actually costs to build and maintain a car like that and are probably really young.

Peoples taste change.

Its a sign of the times.

Should we go back to the good ole days?

Boomers had muscle cars as their dream shitboxes. Your children will thirst for restored Teslas.

>Auto
As if anybody would be dumb enough to buy that video OR an automatic Toyobaru.

I doubt that. Teslas are a proof of concept. You think anybody's gonna wanna drive in a car that's worse than their contemporary future electrics and also worse than gasoline cars that are 50 years its senior?

Because I'm probably never gonna make more than 50k, what good would it make me to have a 200k+ car on my wishlist

Yes, just like people drive old muscle cars that aren't as efficient as newer cars.

>guys, there are people out there who have different viewpoints than my own, and it really chaps my hide
>I really can't understand why someone would think something OTHER than what I think

Have people unironically become this retarded?

Old muscle cars that still have better range and fuel shelf life than a Tesla.

My dream car is a Hakosuka GTR
>A replica made from a GT2000 will do tho
>Still $75k+

Dream car = JZA70/1989 MK3 Supra
Don't care about engine, gonna get a big turbo 2JZVVTI Anyways.
Trying to stay away from targa tops.

Car in pic

Probably because on one hand people want cars they can work on but on the other, they also want something that is daily drivable.

Unless you're super rich, Ferrari's ain't gonna cut it. Sure, I'd absolutely love to do a few laps with one on Nurburgring or some other track but aside from that, I just want dat VTEC really.

>torturing yourself lusting after something out of your reach
>contenting yourself with something attainable that you will be much happier with when you have it

pick one please

It's like wanting a supermodel gf where all you can afford in your lifetime will be a 6/10 gf at best.

Eventually you just want that 6/10 that'll be a good mommy

my neighbor has a 911 GT2 and man thats a nice car. It seems like a waste though since he never drives it

>everyone wants lambos and lexuses and BMWs and ferraris

>I just want a jeep MJ with the 4.0 and an 80s squarebody Chevy.

MJs are like fucking 7 leaf clovers around here, though. I mean, I'm SORTA there now (2 door XJ) but it isn't the same.

Because the most fun cars are shitboxes. What's the use of a Ferrari if it skids off the road and crashes if you punch the throttle too hard?

You know the old saying: It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. Also, even supercars are pigfat compared to old hatchbacks.

My dream cars are the Peugeot 205 GTI and the AE86 btw.

>r32 is a shitbox

you better be talking about volkswagen r32 faggot

>when you own a shitbox
feelsbadman

One hell of a shitbox to dominate group a racing, earn a title, and be the reason to a lot of restrictions in group a

I like older cars because they look more naive.
Modern cars look twisted

Poor 180

That's just a meme that import fans say.

It's a onevia or one of those weird American factory onevias.

OP can't afford even the "shitbox" dream cars that people dream of. Sux to b u senpai.

It's nostalgia man. Just like boomers wanting old shitbox from the 70s

because shitboxes are ultimate form of fun
>get ferrari
>shit yourself in fear every time you use it
>take it for one track day per year

>get cool shitbox
>waste it somewhere off road
>buy rollcage, do some work on it and enter amateur rallies
>hit every track day you could possibly afford
>when something breaks, replacement is cheap and won't ruin you

not to mention how boring supercars are. getting track day car like xbow or ariel would surely be more fun to race than some bulky 458 supercar that's designed to be a compromise between absolutely everything

>paying upwards of 10-20 times the cost for a car that costs 10 times more to maintain and modify while being 1/10th as reliable
>all for some normie street cred
Yeah I'll stick to my shitboxes, thankz

Millenials are stuck on nostalgia and new cars are emasculating

US automakers would benefit from hiring more

Must suck being poor

because supercars look like hotwheel toys that only children desire and I want to be able to work on the car myself which isn't an option with those cars.

Must be nice being edgy.

Am I the only one who got into cars, realized what nice ones even like Porsche costed, and then researched careers that would make me much more annual salary than the cost of a nice car?

Yes shit boxes are fun but Jesus you people sound depressing and hopeless. I'm guessing either you are too young or really going nowhere in life.

I'll probably not own a Ferrari but very likely I will want to purchase some 6 figure vehicle in my life (especially with inflation)

I know that even if I was a billionaire, I wouldn't by a hyper sport car. I would buy a Testarossa and a G34 with upgrades for drifting. I would probably buy one of those old jets that the military uses to train fighter pilots.

The point stands, kid.

>she will never force you to eat out her rancid cunt while simulteouneously crushing you with her thunder thighs

Thank god.

Likewise, kid.

you picked your job based on which car you can buy from the salary?
jeez talking about pathetic and hopeless.

There is a difference in between obtainable and not

I have 3 dream cars, one of them is a cheap as fuck C300 V8 that I could get it and be happy with it with some saving for a year, but I wont because I am having fun with my current car
The other is a more expensive Cayman R, that I could obtain it if I planned my life around it and worked 100% towards that dream

The unobtainable is a paganni huayra that I just know I'll never be able to buy

Normies still think about the later, but the first one is much easier to obtain so its far more practical to aim towards that than entertain dreams of owning a lambo they will never be able to obtain

Also with the rise of youtube vlogers who have rich daddies or lease lambos for an year, normies can live vicariously though them and not bother with trying to get the car for themselves

The thing about loving tube frame death traps is that eventually you start to think that you could totally make one with some spare parts, tubes and a welding machine

>look at this loser, he actually picked something as motivation and worked towards achieving it. fucking normie

yeah i mean its toally worth it to throw half your lifetime away so you can afford a base model porsche instead of doing something you actually like to do.
isnt even shoure about the car he wants, he just wants some expensive car. you can hardly call that motivation.

Don't forget the WRX, for some reason poor people love that shitbox.

Maybe it's the fastest thing they can ever not afford?

What's the point in obsessing over multi-million dollar cars that they'll never ever own when instead they can someday hope to get ~$30,000 cars that still look good and with some work put into them over time can be fast.

Pretty much all of my friends who are actually into cars are into the affordable JDM cars because while they're fairly common among young drivers here in Australia, they still turn heads and are fun to drive. When we were like 10-14 years old we all wanted Lambos and Ferraris, but now we've got non-turbo/turbo Skylines, S2000s, Integras, WRX, Silvias, etc.

The point is that they are nice looking cars that with like ~$1,000 put into them can sound and look good. They're the millennial's sports car.

Yeah, fuck him for wanting expensive shit.

Why make one when I could just buy an 818?

its easier to buy 15 miatas than it is to buy 1 porsche

because a bunch of tubes and a borrowed welder is cheaper

Seems he enjoys the result of his work in the end.

I declined doing a PhD in a field I would love to work in because of shit salary prospects. Priorities shift, compromises have to be made.

Why would you want a lambo when you can drive this fucking land boat around, shit is like 10000x more fun imo

>charger
fucking jesus at least pick the challenger

But it won't be engineered as well as the 818's tube frame is, and it's not that expensive at 13 grand for the coupe kit.

You see the challenger atleast has some kind of half assed reason to exist. The charger is the definition of fucking unnecessary. Like if you are going to spend that much money on some pointless car why not get the biggest funnest to drive one there is.

>Dream car is a lambo or Ferrari

You have shit taste

Not a nigger or having a mid life crisis?

All aspects of life can be viewed on a spectrum ranging from "worst" to "best." Poor normies celebrate over eating out at Sizzler and having shit steak and premade chocolate cake. Same goes for the Mexican highschool cholo who thinks his red stanced Civic is the shit and that the thousands he invested total to gain 15hp was totally worth it.

Whereas I cook fresh delivered beef from a local grass-fed beef farm and drive a multitude of cars I consider to be of high quality and performance capability.

It just takes a couple of simple mods.

Is this pasta, or did you intentionally sound like a horribly narcissistic faggot?