Veeky Forums トヨタ

Toyota General
>early twenties edition

>Should Veeky Forums allow Daihatsu cars on the montage?
strawpoll.me/13281079

>List of Toyota model codes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Toyota_model_codes

Sister Honda thread
Zeemaps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2352609

Bump the thread if it's at page 6

Vids:
>4AGE ITB
youtube.com/watch?v=hx6Ywr10LPA

>Can anyone tell if user need anything beyond just a new exhaust?
youtu.be/X9F2XIjm3eE
youtu.be/0PCC4tu0yGA

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=556LiA87ZZ0
cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/6206463054.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related.

youtube.com/watch?v=556LiA87ZZ0

>tfw no ITBs

bought this for the cressy and hoping it fits..

tfw gotta wait another week until the car is painted and ready...

Is your Cressida white?

>Supra still very dead.
Should I buy this Tercel for 400 bucks? Looks cute and somehow not rusted to shit even though they salt heavily here.
Canadian dollars too.

My parents just bought this new Plugin-Prius.
I actually LIKE the look of it. I think it looks badass.
Also, the tailgate is all carbon fibre for that racecar lightness

>Replaced my rear valve cover today with the re-engineered one
>Managed to get it done in a night instead of taking 2 days this time
>Put it to the test
>Get the engine warmed up and drive the piss out of it
>Let the engine cool off then started it up
>Didn't smoke
>Didn't lose a drop from the dipstick
>Tfw your car doesn't burn oil any more
>Toyota in charge of PCV system design

>filename
>knowing prius features
.02 cents have been deposited into your TOYOTA Social Media Sales account

Filename is the standard iPhone timestamp-thing.. What do you mean?

Also, yes, everyone knows I drive a gen3 (plugin, that one too) as well as my SportCross. I love Priuses, but the design hasn't been too striking in the past.

how the fuck did that end up rotated...

with IOS uprights allways get rotated in Veeky Forums

Are there any SC owners here that could tell me a bit about their reliability?

I live in Southern Ontario, I'm looking at one for my first car. It wouldn't be a daily driver for now, though I might need it to drive maybe 20km a day in a few months. Probably would only put a few thousand km on the car in a year.

Most of the SC's in the classified are about 3500 CAD, if I could talk the owner down and buy for 3000 and then use 1000 to do some repairs, could I get a driveable car?

I know Toyotas have legendary reliability, and I know the 1UZ engine is godly in that respect, but what about the rest of the car? I'm considering a BMW 3 or Merc C class as well, but I've heard reliability horror stories. Also, no V8.

You don't have two cars?

Looks reminds me of the new nsx

>tfw my Toyota leaks oil

Get looking then senpai.

Also, some gore for the thread.

This was under the baffle.

Good luck getting help from the Toyota autists

tfw 3s-gte
keep a bottle of oil in the trunk and fill up every month

Nope. I daily the supra.

Yea you definitely need another car. Check out the Tercel

>tfw my dad is having fun driving my tC while I'm gone and is hooning with my uncle in his tuned lancer eVo
>tfw stuck driving a shitty dodge Dakota with destroyed suspension in the desert

Debating on getting a header once I get back

Anyone that owns or had Celica could redpill me about them a little? 5th/6th gen to be exact.
Im mainly concerned about how well you can tune them or how fast they accelerate.
I was mainly looking at ones with 2.0 and 120-156 HP models, because they are the strongest in my budget range (up to 3k $, east eurofag so they might be cheaper here)
Also are they fast with such engines? How do they do on snow?

It is now time to get new brake pads for my zzw30.
Generic daily and at least monthly tracking.
What are some good brands?
Is japanparts pads good?
Brembo pads?

shit Veeky Forums should I? I'm going to look at it in a couple hours.
cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/6206463054.html

>if it looks good, DO IT

Shit I want that bad. I would drop some cash on that in a heartbeat.

I would go with Brembo

>tC
>theCuck

Hawk
Brembo is only good for the street

If this will be your only car, no

naw I've got a Jeep

Finally got around to un-garaging my supra and getting the gasket done.

engine's in half but i wanna add it to the collage.

what do you guys need to prove it's mine?

Nice jorp my man. Not the user who asked in the first place but go for it. Give that celica some love

Please see

i get that, but it's like.

what do you guys prefer, bread on hood?

whatever, i'll just timestamp

head gasket on hood

done deal.

be right back

here

go ahead and use this pic for the collage.

it's a 1991 poopra
got it in 2013

oh and by the way

i got the engine all apart now, so i was wondering what go-fast parts should i stuff in the ol' 7mge to make it go faster without much aesthetic change

i'm gonna already throw 550 CC injectors in there and a A80 supra fuel pump in there

Fucking lold. Welcome friendo.

thanks, i'll make sure to keep Veeky Forums in the loop regarding my project.

right now on my plate i'm waiting on monday- i'm gonna get the head to the machinist's shop for resurfacing

Thanks for cooperating user.

Gonna be changing the water pump on my 7A-FE 1994 Corolla tomorrow. Doesn't look too bad but anyone done it before got any advice?

tfw got my fog lights working :D

Anyone know a good brand for brake pads and rotors for a 10th gen Corollas, or should I just go with the oem ones?

it's a Corolla, even duralast will do lol

>Should Veeky Forums allow Daihatsu cars on the montage?
Say, what if the Daihatsu has a Toyota badge?

>tfw want to finish modding my car
>tfw although it is just coilovers, chassis bracing and new brakes, fender rolling, it will still take me months to do due to low income
Maybe I can take part of the final race of the season
feels bad man

Remember, turn rusted bolts tighter first before loosening them up to facilitate movement

Looks weird with the green

If you're taking performance, hawk

No is the biggest percentage but yes has more categories by the looks of things it'll be a yes.

At least you're building your race car. My project is postponed

Do you guys have any stuffed companions in your Toyota?
I always wanted one for my supra since I have sack boy in my civic. Long story short, I got both of these for $3 at a claw machine at my local steak and shake. Just gotta figure out how I want to arrange them in my car.

Honestly don't think anything is rusted. I'll probably hit everything with penetrating oil just in case though. Also suspect the motor mount I need to remove to do the job is causing uncool vibrations. My Civic is being a gud car and I want Corolla-chan to be the same.

Just my doggo collar for now. Dunno if I'll do more than that.

>At least you're building your race car. My project is postponed
its my daily too.

>Making your daily your project

Making daily your project aint no biggie.
Racing my daily has to be the dumbest thing I've done. And not gay ass drag or autocross, proper time attack on real tracks.

What did you race with ?

Is it worth it to get those Techno Toy Tuning pulleys for a 4AGE? Was thinking of the Manon harmonic balancer too just wasn't sure if the results would be great enough to be worth it.

MRS

Nice man, wanted to get one myself but decided to go for something other because of snow in my country and now I regret it quite a bit

Its fine in snow apparently.
I'm planning to store it for winter and use rav4 because I want to keep it as good as condition as possible.

Honestly had doubts about not getting sw20 over it but after I beat a turbo sw20 and a stang while the wheels rubbed every corner, I can say I don't want to change this car for anything. Except maybe for an NSX or elise.
(still got rekt by an astra)
I should post the video of some choreographed hooning soon.

I did it bros, she's mine

Saw it in the chicken thread, congrats. How is it?

Anyone have ideas on what I can do with my Corolla? I can't drive anything quick for the next couple of years and I feel like I'm missing out on the "culture" by driving a grocery getter. I've got some ebay coilovers in the mail for mad low and some front camber, but I'm afraid of becoming a stance fag.

Nice, RA40s have a lot of potential. Any rust?

Panda that shit and add japanese writing.

Solid. The idle is rough, she needs a tune up. Doesn't burn any oil though. Almost zero body rust. I'm happy with it.

>thinking about getting headers
Do you already have an exhaust? Because the headers don't do anything except change the exhaust note a bit.

Congrats man. Any mods planned?

At least it's just a tC. Doesn't really matter if you rack up the miles on those things.

I've always had this stuffed turtle I just sit on the dash in all my cars, no reason why, I just put it there one day and kept it every-time I changed cars

Pardon the Blupra posting, I need it for my new phone

Whoops wrong one

Mounted them earlier today

Possibly going to be a MkII Supra owner sometime in the next year. What should I know?

l o n d o n

Know how to replace a head gasket

minor surface rust here and there. No rot whatsoever. It was garaged for like 30 years.

Isn't that a MkIII problem?

I'm posting my prelude in your Toyota thread even though I own a corolla

>he thinks it's only a mark 3 problem
jej

Mint

I've never heard of anyone having to replace a Mkii head gasket before

that looks gnarly

soon.

smexy

Bamp

a blue Supra......hmmmmmmm

well at least it's the good one

>HURR DURR ONLY MARK 4'S ARE GUD SUPRAS
kys

anyone have coilovers on their MRS?
What brand would you reccomend?
spyderchat is not much help since they're mostly cone dodgers or boomers.
My car sees racetracks for time attack 1-3 times a month.

well the mk4 is better in literally every way that isn't price
try mr2oc FB pages. I have godspeed on my SW and they're awesome

As far as I know the Corolla is fixed. No leaks but the bottom coolant hose was cold so I put in a new thermostat, radiator cap, and a new air filter because a rat was chewing on it. Told Mom to keep an eye on the water levels. If it's good for a week I'll change out the water for coolant. The good thing about it constantly needing a refill was that it pretty much did a super flush on itself. The water comes out super clean now. Used to be dirty as fuck.

desu you could throw in some water wetter and leave it like so.

It wouldn't be for the sound. Every dyno run I've seen and people I've talked to with Dezod headers do have actual gains with HP and even more when it comes to torque. It's not much but it's still something.

>miles
I don't give a fuck about those, I just wish I was hooning too.
>tfw base speed limit is 25mph
>speed bumps everywhere
>army guys in MRAPs with built in radar rolling around all over

Installed new ACE header on my Toyobaru, tuned with Delicious Tuning and now have way more power much earlier than just the 4500RPM power boost.

I was thinking about that actually. How much water should I replace with it? Been wanting to use that on my Civic too.

I think the Corolla capacity is like 6.8 quarts from Googling. So roughly 7 ounces of water wetter. One bottle should cover both cars. Sweet.

Just simple stuff to start out with. New carb, better suspension, redo the interior, nice sounding exhaust, restore the paint. I want to keep her as stock as possible, but add simple improvements.

Gaze upon her sexyness. Fun fact: that rear shade attachment is like a $500 item.

Got these. Going to mount them soon.

Delivery mileage for a 7afe

Well its funny you bring up dezod headers because I raced one of the guys with the '12 tC who has dezod headers. I have stock headers myself.
Even with his automatic transmission, our performance every race was the same. It doesn't seem like he got much power gain.

Did you put distilled water?