/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c7Oq5O7uX0E
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/66wqdg/its_almost_2020_why_have_no_games_publishers/
youtube.com/watch?v=nosDdIeLeq4
xproger.info/projects/OpenLara/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Time for another episode of /b/ 3.0!

/emugen/ is my favorite general on Veeky Forums!

How the fuck do I get this gem? The fucking motion controls in Cemu suck ass, I can't turn around to get it.

Where do I get games
What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

You can just use the analog stick to aim.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

This is nice.
youtube.com/watch?v=c7Oq5O7uX0E

Anyone in here have Ryzen? I'm thinking of upgrading from a 3570k to a 1700. Dolphin seems to run well with practically everything nowadays, so I'm good there. I'm a little wary about PCSX2 performance, but it's no big deal. RPCS3 seems to scale with more cores when it's done correctly, so having 8 instead of 6 cores might help. If I really need more clockspeed, I can always go with a 1600 and then go full retard with whatever refined Zen comes out later.

>have a text file with various issues I encountered using PCSX2
>update it relatively often by testing f some of those got fixed
>can't actually report them because of the thought police-tier moderation on the PCSX2 forums
>can't report them to github because they only take issues from "oficial testers" afaik
>to top it off I got reports for NTSC-US/JP and PAL because some of those games are exclusive to a region or two meaning I'm almost sure to get the moderation team on my ass if I report those all on one account.
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.

>people still funding to cemu instead of rpsc3
I want to play ABAP games

>people unionically funding a closed source emulator
This is what hurts the most. I can't believe the amount of money they're pulling right now. I mean, I like Zelda, but holy shit.

I'm pretty sure Ryzen will be long obsolete by the time RPCS3 is usable, and with coffee lake apparently going for an hexacore CPU for the two flagship models you're better off waiting, your 3570k is quite enough for now.

>not Commander Shepard
Who fucking cares what you think?

What are you smoking? Ryzen already competes with Broadwell-E and the upgrade from it, i.e.Skylake ,is not even 5% faster than it. Skylake has nice clocks, but we don't know if that can scale up with more cores. Haswell-E was nice at it, but Broadwell-E didn't overclock well at all. Skylake also consumes a shitton of power when OC, a 7700k will become a spaceheater when pushed. Saying it will be obsolete is a very shitty claim. Quad cores will be obsolete by next year is more likely given how little headroom there is left on modern games.

>Saying it will be obsolete is a very shitty claim.
By the time RPCS3 is a worthwhile reason to upgrade you'll have Zen2 and Cofee Lake to choose from, both are likely to be way better at tasks that take advantage of more than 4 cores than what we currently have

Thanks, I feel like an idiot for not even trying that. For some reason I thought you could only use the motion controls.

Every time AMD has a big new CPU release a bunch of retards come out of the woodwork claiming MOAR CORES is the future and Intel CPUs will be obsolete in a year. And every time they are wrong.

Intel wouldn't change their two big models to hexacores if there wasn't any merit to it this time around.
Also need I remind you that intel is the one who started the moar cores meme by duct tapping P4s only to get BTFO by AMD putting out a truly unified dualcore architecture soon after nopt to mention quadcores where intel was also the first to push out to mainstream.

Everytime? Only once with Bulldozer and that is not only an abomination, but the main reason AMD is so behind right now.
The difference this time is the adoption of games in the consoles. They all are running multiple core parts and we're already seeing games with almost no headrrom left on the champions like the 6700k/7700k while the 6-8 cores parts still have plenty of it left. Buying any i5 instead of the 1600 is just retarded. You get so much more from it that it's not even funny. If you want to build a Pentium machine, then go right ahead, that's another story.

>Intel wouldn't change their two big models to hexacores if there wasn't any merit to it this time around.

They have had hexacores for a while now, but they were the more expensive models. Lack of advancements and most new models being largely refreshes combined with trickle down means sooner or later those hexacores ought to become affordable enough to be made mainstream models.

>The difference this time is the adoption of games in the consoles. They all are running multiple core parts

Multicore consoles are hardly new.

>we're already seeing games with almost no headrrom left on the champions like the 6700k/7700k while the 6-8 cores parts still have plenty of it left.

Like what?

From the shittiest of coded games like Fallout4 to ideal industry standards in Doom. Rise of the Tomb Raider is almost at the limit.

>Ryzen

Why do you hate yourself and your money?

>but the main reason AMD is so behind right now.
If you conveniently ignore
>over-reliance on K10
They dragged out those piece of crap for longer than they dragged out the CMT FX
>pushing out Phenom 1 way too soon
People who shit on Bulldozer and Ryzen seem to always forget that Phenom 1 was a thing
>trying to outR&D intel on a problem that didn't need solving
>dropping the Phenom 2 architecture only to come back to an improved Phenom 2 architecture with Ryzen

>They have had hexacores for a while now
And those were always stupidly expensive enthusiast models, not the baseline of the gaming market, the same gaming market which is seeing games where a 1700 can outperform a 7700k because of the additional cores.

Upload it user, I want to see it

Because I encode chinese cartoons, sometimes for you fuckers, and compile software every single day.

>everyone is talking about new and powerful CPUs
>meanwhile I'm here with my A4-4000
One of these days I'm gonna have to upgrade.

>look up Doom CPU bench
>AMD CPUs at the bottom of the pack

Also have this gem of a quote I found:

>The pesky little Pentium G3258 makes out like a champ in Doom, delivering 8-core FX-like performance and better at the lower clock speeds. So there you have it, (single player) Doom runs perfectly well on a dual-core Pentium processor.

>implying you're not a PCSX2 mod trying to get a list of game to watch extra carefully for supposed evidence of piracy.
I'm onto your jewish tricks avih

Come on user. I hate to use this shitter, but even the LTT shills have Doom running great on every single piece of hardware out there. The point is that the quad cores are running at their limit, while the 6+ cores have headroom left.

I-I have no idea who that is user, it's just that I'm c-curious about those issues, I swear

Most emulators, aside from RPCS3, can only use one core and one thread though, right?

I wonder when I'll have to upgrade my trusty 2500k.

PCSX2 uses 4 cores if not more.

>people are going to fund an emulator that hasn't gotten far in a long time in development

PCSX2 uses two and if you enable the MTVU hack three.

PCSX2 uses all four, remarkably equally too.

Maybe when you're using the software renderer.

No, as I said it uses two and three if you enable that hack

Go look at the faq and you will see I'm right

Still using my 2500k too, but with cemu and rpcs3 getting more stable I feel an upgrade is imminent.

Yes. I heard that it supposedly can use how many cores you can throw at it too.

so is Cemu 1.7.5 good?

>posts shitty cpu benchmark where you can clearly see they're being gpu limited
>thinks it proves anything

Oh, you.

>Nightmare settings
>Hey guys lets test some CPU, what's the best way of doing it?
>I know, lets run the tests with a GPU bottleneck!

Most of it is absolutely autistic nitpicking like blood drip on the ground being cut at certain camera angles in Project Zero on SW mode when it's not happening on the real console
Or the geometry culling issues in Armored Core 2-SL
Or the transparent sections of the AC2 intro level being ever so slightly wrong because of mipmapping not being properly implemented

That or stupid regressions that keep coming back like the line bug in Kya: Dark Lineage and depth issues in Warship Gunner 2

PCSX2 can use up to 3 cores in OGL HW mode with MTVU hack) on and up to 31 with SW mode
Dolphin should theoretically support several cores but the current devs are bad janitors so it doesn't really anymore.
Most PS1 emulator that are plugin based have it with GSdx
Xenia might but I haven't bothered checking
There's that one private fork of Angrylion with MT support and also CEN64
Technically anything RA has it with threaded video even if that really doesn't affect much in practice

DraStic, is it still worth it to buy it off of the playstore? Also what DS games just cant be properly emulated on a touch screen phone?

No, pirate it.

Wow, it's almost like CPU isn't the limiting factor in most scenarios with video games as long as you have more than 4 cores, which btw was the original argument.

I'm using a Verizon ellipsis 8 tablet and whenever I run a game on psx4droid it's like the sound and touch pads are displayed but the screen is black. Any fix to this?

>as long as you have more than 4 cores

Correlation does not imply causation. Also pretty sure some if not all of those Intel processors are quadcores.

>rpsc3

Is there even anything that can be played on that emulator?

>>can't report them to github because they only take issues from "oficial testers" afaik
This is complete nonsense. Anyone can report issues on github. Where did you get this notion about "official testers"?

I meant rpcs3, but you guys get it.

Well anyone can but they used to straight up redirect you towards the forums if you weren't part of the team, do they not do that anymore?

Disgaea 3

just wait until they bail and then it's another 20 years before Wii U emulation can take off again since everyone else has to start from scratch. fuck closed source emulators

How well do games like Castlevania Legacy of Darkness, Ogre Battle 64, Harvest Moon 64 and Bomberman 64 emulate?

No I don't get it.

Yeah, you need a crazy expensive CPU though.

Heh... what's the best I could get out of my i7-6700k?

It works, but it will get starved on some games since it scales with more cores.
Watch some tests done on JewTube or something.

Hi, /emugen/. I got the latest build of PPSSPP and tried playing Project Diva Extend. There's a bunch of input lag with my xbox 360 controller, though, which doesn't happen with any other game so I know the problem is with this one. I tried googling the issue but the threads are from, like, years ago for older versions of the emulator. Is there a known fix for this?

No, PPSSPP has inherently shit input lag and A/V sync and the only alternative has been coming "next week" for months.

I never got input lag while using the keyboard

try playing it without the keyboard

Still no input lag

So Ryzen 5 had some pretty good results for vidya benchmarks, even CPU heavy games like RTS, I wonder hows it's performance with the most demanding emulators like Cemu and PCSX2

damn. guess it's just everyone else. lucky guy.

What's the absolute best way to play Xenoblade in regards to texture packs etc.?

AMD sucks

How is your 360 controller connected? Wired, bluetooth, and wireless can be very different beasts. To give an example my Wii U Pro controller connects fine via regular bluetooth, but with the adapter it works much better.

Wired, USB connection.

Hello friends,

Any of the RA GameBoy cores support the SuperGameBoy color palette? Or only bsnes can do that for now?

Kinda off-topic, but is there any cool romhack that "modernizes" the original GB Pokemon RBY games (fixing gen1 flaws) while keeping its essence?

So

Did everyone forget about Citra

Yep, even the devs.

?*

Remember to always put "?" at the end of questions.

wrong

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/66wqdg/its_almost_2020_why_have_no_games_publishers/

>half the thread is people discussing the meaning of amateur
Fucking reddit.

Depends on the emulators support of AMD. Ryzen is shaping up to be nice, but the issue is the past. AMD's last real competitive chip was back with Phenom II and the last time they were truly beating Intel both in price and performance was if I remember Athlon 64 (long as fucking time ago in a town called Kickapoo).

They've had their hits along the way, I run a machine off one for a server, but at the time it was good bang per buck and need not be powerful just efficient and cheap. But overall Intel's i series has been too good for the money along the way so a lot of people don't dev for AMD as much. So it depends if they support it well or not. If they do it will be fantastic.

I'ld like to see the come back really as the competition is good. Sadly for the last several years their lackluster but decent CPUs have been dragging down their damn awesome GPU line ups, but that is an aside I'm still annoyed with.

Anyone know if emulation would work okay via Steam Link, emulator on PC, but controller/tv via steamlink. Wouldn't play games that need high input accuracy of course but maybe some old RPGs.

No.

Cemu lookin good
youtube.com/watch?v=nosDdIeLeq4

>Intel both in price and performance was if I remember
They weren't, best intel had was 20% ahead of the best AMD had.

As someone who wastes way too much time, even I don't have time to read morons arguing about the meaning of a word.

Source: /r/emulation mod

Why don't you remove those useless fuckheads posting that Dolphin on mobile is perfect.

xproger.info/projects/OpenLara/

A libretro port of this engine is possible?

People want to see videos of emulators running on shit phones and toaster processors for some reason. They usually get downvoted hard when they say its perfect though.

>web browser based
Binned
Would rather want libretro-OpenTomb

Man, if only it ran that well on more modest hardware.

wait until it gets more optimized

Really old emulators and emulators running on toasters intrigue me but you're just flat out delusional if you say it's perfect regardless of the name slapped on it

N64 emulation sucks, you will need to look up each game individually. There is an outdated list that does exactly that. For 98% of games, this outdated list will do fine. A couple special snowflake games may benefit from "recent" development that isn't noted on the list. List: http:// bhemuhelp.co.nf/n64mgcl/N64ConfigList.htm

>It's that time again! Daily Reminder!
REMINDER: PCSX2 a SHIT. PCSX2 has no exclusive fullscreen, only borderless windowed. This means Windows VSync is auto-applied, which adds NOTICEABLE input lag. This sucks on action games like DMC, God Hand, Metal Slug, etc that need good reaction time. If you are on Windows 7 or lower, you can FIX this by changing your personalization setting (control panel) to Windows Basic (Aero OFF). Windows 8 and higher CANNOT fix this problem except through a cutting edge Freesync or Gsync monitor. PCSX2 devs refuse to fix this design flaw. Always use Dolphin instead if you are able to, it is a far better emulator.

How do I rotate Wonderswan games (or any games for that matter) in RA 1.5.0? The old option seems to be gone.

This is going way way back. I probably got the chip model wrong, but there was a brief window where they were much so the better buy. And even after mid-range builds weren't bad to go AMD, but the last several chipsets have gotten so far behind a lot small projects just favor Intel. Fairly sure Dolphin is on that list and I think the PS2 as well.

No on the steamlink? Or no on the models because that I admit I could be off on. If its no on the GPU thing then get fucked you know nothing.

I need some help in configuring pscx2 (first time emulating outside of gba.) I want to run persona 3 FES at 1080p with AA and anisotropic filtering. I have a 970 and a 4790k so I'm pretty sure that won't be a problem.

On my emulator settings, I put 1920 x 1080. Should I also change the internal resolution to this? And should I change my adapter to my 970? What about my renderer, it is defaulted to Direct3D9 (Hardware.)

I promise once I get it running I will take some screenshots and post them here for your enjoyment.

Phenom 2 were the better buy mainly because the LGA1366 platform was absolutely fucking retarded in every way but raw and clock to clock performance was just better with intel especially with CPUs that could take 4.8Ghz like nothing whereas getting a phenom 2 above 4.2Ghz was quite a feat

I wasn't referring to the Phenom II as overall better. It was the last decent AMD until now. The truly giving Intel something to worry about chip I think was Athlon, but I'm probably wrong on that, it was a several chips before Phenom II and its been a long time and many builds ago. Fuck it may have been before dual cores, because I think I had a C2D socket 775 before that, fuck me that was like 10 years ago. Was short lived too since that PC didn't last long the PSU died and ate the mobo with it and couldn't find a replacement board, now that ate some dick. Phenom II was nice, but i5 was better at the time by a mile when I had that one, but budget.

Ryzen scores well in the PCSX2 benchmark(-5% vs haswell, +10% vs ivy bridge), but that might not translate exactly to gameplay

Pls help

pls friends :(