/wowsg/ - World of Warships General

French edition

****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Newb guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc (embed) (embed)

>0.6.3 Live patch
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-063/

>0.6.4 PTS patch
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt064/

>Plans for 2017
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/whatsinthebox/

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker
warships.today
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/
maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/index.html

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums'
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[HOTEL] on EU - contact Rex1121
[BOTES] on SEA - contact Benlisquare
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact Prec

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NXX8URSUWm0
youtube.com/watch?v=M0gzQS4w1sc
woeramods.wordpress.com/2016/09/04/atsf-aka-eurobeat-dunkerque/
youtube.com/watch?v=mPiaJc3hjco
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Doesn't the frontal placement of the turrets make that a bit riskt?

BBS ARE OP FUCKING NERF THEM FUCK YOU AND YOUR STUPID DELETING BULLSHIT

whats a good tier to chill and learn the game at for a newbie?
Im enjoying the japenese cruisers right now, the tier 4 has been good to me

t. sailed broadside on in a straight line in front of a BB

Use WASD.

>no link to previous thread
Shit OP

Tier 6.

T4 is a good place to get some lines to and get a bit of experience, you start to get the basic mechanics of the game all in place but the MM isn't so punishing (like it is for T5/6). T7 is another good one if you can get there in order to have a good mix of relatively good gameplay not punishing MM.

You forgot my clan
[ZEON] - F22xRaptor

No, fuck you. I shouldn't have to be insta removed from a match just for fucking up once. I see fucking baBBies fuck up constantly, even beaching themselves because they're not paying attention, meanwhile they're fine, why should I have to put up with it but not them?

Go German BB's.

With each new cruiser line you'll be having loads of targets to shoot at and the grind actually progresses quite quickly because of so many floating citadels sailing about.

It's what I did when the Brits came out.

>Encouraging BBs
Fuck off, you're part of the cancer killing this game

>Getting slaughtered in the Dunkerque

This was a mistake.

what makes BBs so bad?
are they like td's in WoT?

What?

just get a div, with your powers combined you will be able to get slaughtered together

Okay here's how the Dunkerque works.
>1. Your nose is almost nigh impenetrable, much like the jews, you must use it to our strength, so FACE YOUR ENEMY HEAD ON.
>2. See your premium camo? See that gray shit on the sides? It might as well say "Visit France 1940. Aim here for easy entry.", do NOT get hit from the side
>3. Position yourself around the map to -force- your enemies to fight you from head on, don't give them any options to flank you or get your sides
>4. You are meant to hunt smaller ships, not other battleships. From my experience alone, your AP is only really going to have a great effect on other battleships if...
>A. they're giving full broadside, you're close, you land all shots, and they hit.
>B. They're IJN >>FAST

They're the class that's consistently strong at the expense of the others. They punish mistakes really hard while not being punished much for mistakes themselves.

>Commit the cardinal sin of turning my ship
>Skill wall
>Commit the cardinal sin of being a BB
>HE cancer
>1/4 (or 1/3) of the ship setting on fire immediately after putting out a fire just because an HE round scraped the top of an antenna

So, load HE?

That can happen to literally any class. They just don't get to heal most of it back.

They are TD and Heavy combined together, with SPG but not many accept that last part. They have a ton of HP, a magic healing potion that regenerates some HP and can fire across the map at other targets.

Cruisers in WoWS right now really just exist to be fed to other ships.

CV's are meh at best, too much RNG involved to have them be satisfying in my opinion.

DD's and CV's are meant to be the counter to BB's but have been nerfed or changed due to the crying of Battleships.

youtube.com/watch?v=NXX8URSUWm0

>That design

Why though?

>load HE
This, I also forgot to mention this. Their HE is great, even better if you have demolition expert, and some flags to help it. You'll start the french infernos.

Thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=M0gzQS4w1sc

Only by giving WG the statistics can you help them balance the game.

Play the most OP shit at all times, either Wg balances it and you win, or it remains OP and you win.

>CV's are meh at best
>This coming off of the age of everyone screaming CV air cancer
>Even to the point that firebombing DDs could legit get rid of them if they didn't wiggle their tush~
>crying of battleships
>doesn't know that battleship maneuverability was nerfed because of crying of DDs
So how many matches have you played where simply turning where a DD was never spotted was the end of you?

Before you go my French brother, you'll be needing two things.
>woeramods.wordpress.com/2016/09/04/atsf-aka-eurobeat-dunkerque/
and:
youtube.com/watch?v=mPiaJc3hjco
Now go my French brother. Kill.

Because you don't know how to play your class.

>Weebshit

The skin fits with the French nationalism level of slapping a fucking flag on your turret

>just for fucking up once
Just for doing the worst possible thing you can do.
>I should be able to do anything I want and never get punished

>Visit France 1940

>Watching and hearing the sound of whoretel AP shells bouncing off your armored flight deck.

>Baquette.
>Wine.
>Fromage.

>Using your rudder is the worst thing you can do
Yeah, and then people complain about the reverse meta.

kys baDDie

>Watching and hearing the sound of Lovely Hotel AP shells penetrating a CVnt in the citpucci. Multiple times.

>don't use rudder
>sail in a straight line broadside on
>get deleted
>wahh why are people allowed to shoot me
It isn't hard to not get deleted.

>Going off on your own as a BB instead of moving with the fleet, or even one other person who leads the way.
You should try playing as if teamplay was a thing instead of going solo.

That said, to answer the question properly: I really haven't had that happen as a result of turning. Going in straight lines and not turning tends to be what causes getting hit by those torps from a DD that was never spotted
But simply moving with other players typically leads to them spotting torps before they get to you and so you have time to accommodate.

And I mostly play Steel Ocean

>Going off on your own as a BB instead of moving with the fleet, or even one other person who leads the way.
Nice, but I never said I was doing that, and in fact I never do. I learned pretty early on that you're not meant to do that. I'm just saying, I've had numerous matches where simply turning was enough to set me up for a DD skill wall, and I just don't have enough maneuverability to avoid anything.
DDs can avoid it
CAs/CLs can avoid it
CVs don't have to avoid it because they're on vacation
I just eat shit because I know unless I'm lucky I'm fucked.

>hey user play DD's

>USA makes good bullies on points with fast guns
>shit at long range firing though
>good at the DD role

>german are like cruiser destroyers with their bigger guns and better torps
>also good anti DD with hydro

>meanwhile we have the IJN DD's which sit at max distance and hope people are actually retarded and stay in straight lines to get hit by their torpedoes

>and we have the VMF DD's which are just pocket cruisers with 130mm that can't actually perform the DD or cruiser role at all, you should have just played a cruiser m8

>Oh boy user that sounds like there's 2 good lines of destroyers and 2 lines that are niche at best but hows the meta

>Oh well user let's see here
>torpedoes got nerfed
>CV aircraft spot you
>Catapult aircraft spot you
>everything has fucking hydro
>smokes get torped to fuck so good bye smoke and fire tactics
>tier 4 captain skill tells people where the DD's are (good luck flanking ever)
>radar absolutely fucks you
>your gun bloom is beyond insanity making you perma invisible for longer than any other ship type meaning if you fire those guns you better be all in or ready to pop smoke or speed to run away because every gun on the enemy team is going to be locked onto you
>does that sound fun user?
>I think I'll try cruisers instead
>laughingbattleships.webm
>maybe carriers then
>laughingSaipans.webm
>Uhh...I guess battleships
>There, now you're playing world of battleships. Enjoy your stay))))))))

Good moaning.

This is not a roleplay thread

>CV aircraft spot you
Concealment expert, turn off your AA you mongoloid.
>Catapult aircraft spot you
Concealment expert, turn off your AA you mongoloid.
>everything has fucking hydro
Oh man now they can see the torps coming when it's too late for them to dodge. The only thing with bad hydro was the Bismarck and it got nerfed
>smokes get torped to fuck so good bye smoke and fire tactics
Smoke is literally a giant sign saying "There is a ship in this pocket but you can't tell, SHOOT HERE TO TAKE YOUR CHANCES!"
>radar absolutely fucks you
I literally just answered this it's the same goddamn reason. You can find fucking replays on youtube where someone pops radar, and the DD is stupid enough to just be sitting still thinking no repercussions will come of it

I play primarily American DDs and just finished my grind on the Benson a few days ago. Learn to use your fucking brain.

I FUCKING HATE BATTLESHIPS.

THEY ALWAYS DELETE ME WHEN I PLAY CRUISERS

NERF BATTLESHIPS WHEN?

I'm actually quite astonished about all the complains about DDs, when as a whole they're one of the strongest classes and very capable of carrying a game.

Yes, IJN DDs have been nerfed, and they need some work, but the nerfs were necessary and warranted. They promoted lazy, unskilled and unfun gameplay.
The other 3 DD trees are still very good and very fun, each one providing distinctly different gameplay that uses a mix of gun, torpedo and concealment-mindgames gameplay.

Why is the Fletcher such a comfy boat.

git gud

Because it's stronger than every tier 10 DD except maybe the Khaba. With the stealthfire changes knifefighting became more dangerous for Gearing, and it was always a slight step down to begin with. The only way Fletcher could be more overpowered is if they gave it radar.

>Your nose is almost nigh impenetrable,

>Fuso
>Fast
The words of a shitter

>Your nose is almost nigh impenetrable

>DDs are scissors
>BBs are rock
>CAs/CLs are paper
>CVs are mushrooms
>CAs/CLs HE beats rock
>DDs beats CAs/CLs
>DDs also happen to beat BBs
>Until BBs hit high tier at which point BB become an unstoppable killing machine, and then also beats CAs/CLs
>And would beat DDs, but it can't find DDs are invisible.
>So DDs beat CAs/CLs and avoid BBs, and that is called balance

fug, meant to respond to

I just realised something.

Does this game have spotting damage?

A fully upgraded Fuso goes 24.5 knots, and Nagato goes just over 25. Does that make Fuso a fast battleship or Nagato a slow one? What is the speed cutoff for a fast battleship?

what do you expect he's that one cuckold from OTTER

Yes.
The rewards are kind of shit though.

It does make me question why there isn't a counter for it like in WoT.

It's weird, on some ways this game does stuff better than WoT, and in others it's vice versa.

Okay correction, her armor isn't thick enough to take Dunks rounds if you play her right.
No idea what OTTER is but keep up the good ol /wowsg/ random witch hunt accusations.

They just haven't put it in like they have with regular damage. You can still check it at the end of the game though.

I'm sorry that I don't remember your name you OTTER furfaghomo, but tbqh I don't care. you're lies about dunikirk end now you stupid ape

Should I even bother getting into CVs

Friendly reminder that Warspite is a 'fast' battleship

t. cruiser shitter

Cruisers are pretty good if you can read the map, wasd fasd and kite the enemy to shit.
They're basically a mix between light tanks and glass cannon tank destroyers.

How the fuck do I play Pensacola.
>Citadeled at any angle
>Guns feel like pee shooters that cant hurt whats killing you
>Shit range in comparison to shit detection

Are you going to buy Saipan? If not, then no.

winding this guy's autism up was awesome

The guns are good wtf it's the only good thing about the pepsi cola. You're just supposed to get comfy in the middle of the fleet and pound away with the cannons. You're a battleshitter babysitter. Remember to use your AP.

Could you explain further? Like should I practice CVs until I develop good habits/get good, -then- grab Saipan or...? I just not familiar with CVs in the slightest really.

>Guns feel like pee shooters
Please tell me you actually researched top guns before you wrote this phrase

Anyone know any other free premium deals?

My free 9 days from WoT expires in 3 days and just wanted to know.

Fuck off shitposter, you're really pathetic, seriously.

What do people think about running IFHE on mid tier Russian cruisers?

>General
We've truly fallen on hard times.

If you're going to go USN you go full fighter build and ruin the other CV's days. Prepare to get shit xp and currency for it though but you MUST be this kind of CV because balanced and strike get absolutely butterballed by AA enemy CV's and the swarms of strafing IJN fighters.

If you're going IJN you need to be Korean in your micromangement skills and know how to cross torp and strafe or you'll get fucked by every USN carrier out there.

Saipan is an OP as fuck CV that shits on everything else in it's range thanks to strafing bugs.

Here's why nobody plays CV. If you go strike some no fun allowed CV on the other team will evaporate all of your aircraft with strafe in 2 seconds. If you make it to the enemy ships your aircraft evaporate from massively overpowered battleship AA. You'll end the match with no aircraft and just be a giant metal paperweight.

If you go fighter you get to shit on other CV's but then you really can't help your team take out ships. You're going to be blamed for a loss no matter what loadout you have. If you're AA you get blamed because you're AA cancer and didn't help kill ships. If you're strike you get blamed because you didn't kill enemy aircraft and that's why your team lost.

Also there will be games where some enemy CV will sneak their 4+ airgroups of torps and bombs behind your lines and alpha strike you before the 3 minute mark probably killing you and screwing your team.

Go ahead and try it if you want. There's no strafing for fighters until Tier 6 now but once you hit that point it's the only way people engage other aircraft so you're going to have to micromanage even harder.

It's just not fun for most people.

Sure 'nuff, there she is.

;_;7

apparent is still mad about getting called out so he keeps shitting up the gen

That...that sounds awful, like not even worth getting into kind of thing. That sounds like it's all work and no praise no matter what.

retarded. The whole point of the line is to set fires. The shitty152's aren't going to penetrate shit with IFHE.

This.
I don't understand how their shots never miss.

>thanks to strafing bugs.
nigga what you talking about

This. You want to lurk at your max range in open water. Make sure you're running Steering Gears Mod 2 and have Priority Target on your captain. Pay attention to where you are in relation to enemy battleships. You are actually not that easy to citadel so long as you're paying attention to incoming fire- you are maneuverable and playing at a tier where BBs need to be fairly skilled to make long range shots.

Most problems with the Pensacola stem from playing too aggressively or too carelessly. Don't put your ship in a position where you're getting shot from BBs at different angles- you play in open water to give yourself freedom to maneuver, and exploit enemy ranges so that you minimize the number of ships that can fire back at you.

You actually do have a good damage output with both HE and AP- now is the time to start learning to land long range fire. Maneuver to mitigate incoming fire- you have a 15s reload so you can trade two salvos for one incoming salvo against all BBs except Scharnhorst. Dodge fire, turn to return fire twice, get ready to dodge next incoming salvo. If you're taking fire from multiple angles you should just run.

>he never played the Pensacola when concealment was higher than main battery range

Is this bait?

Saipan, because it has 3 fighters per group can strafe out of combat without losing an aircraft unlike every other CV fighter group which does lose an aircraft when they do this. Basically Saipan has unlimited get out of jail free cards as long as it has ammo.

Are you fucking retarded

That's not a bug.
That's supposed to be like that.

Nice bait

Yup. That's why you only see CV's maybe 1/10 games. The entire class is garbage.

There's easy fixes but CV's are low on wargaming's list of priorities. They could easily just make CV's only have different kinds of strike loadouts and have the fighters be AI attached to the strike aircraft. The fighters could automatically engage nearby enemy aircraft. Different loadouts would have different amounts of fighters. It would mean fighters would not be controllable by the CV so CV's would be more focused on strike and AA cancer would be dead along with strafe cancer.

It's such an obvious an easy to implement fix too.

>The shitty152's aren't going to penetrate shit with IFHE.

That's wrong though. 152mm rounds down on penetration and so doesn't pen 25mm of armor. IFHE allows you to penetrate 33mm of armor, which is all BB bow and stern armor from T6-T10, and deck armor on T6-T10 American, and T7-T9 IJN BBs.

retard alert

What am I supposed to be looking at?

It's barely worth a shit since everything is visible once it shoots.

Why would you think that's bait?

This is odd. I've heard exactly the opposite from lots of people saying the additional damage from IFHE does not outweigh the loss of fire chance.

I mean you get a little more raw damage but if you're setting fires constantly doesn't that do more damage in the end?

Doesn't that work a lot better with a nation that has a lower natural fire chance? Just seems to be taking the best part of VMF cruisers and nerfing it for almost no reason.

Only the purest, most chaste woman on the planet.

You get a significant amount more shell damage and only a few less fires. You rely much less on RNG.