New to this board, do you guys think it's possible to drift my Ranger?

New to this board, do you guys think it's possible to drift my Ranger?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=864ctT5sHMs&t=19s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

100%.

I've done it before. Granted, I've never tried on pavement, but it's certainly possible offroad.

Yep, its awesome, thanks to the low centre of gravity and it being so long you can easily drift it at 70km/h. You should try it buddy. Post Results.

>Me and American driving an American truck
>"70km/h"
>"is kilometers more or less than miles??"

Joking aside though, will totally try, my main question is, how do you do the whole handbrake thing, my truck is an automatic so clutch kick is out of the question.

>Fords don't come with an inner marker for mph/kmh

wew

Not with an open diff

Your handbrake won't do shit 2bh. Rangers had drum brakes in the rear so you're just going to be scraping your parking brake down to nothing. Christ, it's probably just a cable attached to the actual shoe anyhow. You'll probably drag one tire for a few feet and screech horribly, before a cop shows up and tells you off for acting like a fuckstick.

My truck actually does, the beauty of the ranger.

Do I just corner hard then?

You'll want to throw it in P when you hit the corner and just floor it - the torque converter will pick up some of the power but keeping it in P will make sure you brake around the corner at all 4 wheels. Should result in a sick drift, but you'd need to be going at least 40mph.

You could just drive on sand or ice.

>my truck is an automatic
This nigga trying to get you to blow a tranny. You need to put it in N, floor it and then pop it in D for drifting. works like a clutch kick.

Retard, the best way to drift is going full speed in reverse then slamming it into park. This is what we call a J turn.

No, the best way is to take off the rocker cover and fill your engine with sand.

>implying OP doesn't already blow trannies

I didn't know Rangers were that long

I drove a ranger with 400 lbs. of shit in the back of it as my work truck for a year. Dirt and rain were always fun for skidz

if you can drift an aircraft carrier
then you can drift anything

if you're asking you haven't even tried

You can drift anything if you're mad enough.

Just wait for winter and when the ice comes, the road will do the work for you

This. Used to have a RWD F-150, every winter was a constant fight just to get up the smallest of hills. Even with bags of salt in the back that thing was skiddish.

sure, easy for a Nimitz-class but can the Ranger do that?

This

>not having a clean speedometer with only numbers and a button to switch between mph and km/h on the fly

WELD THE DIFF BOI AND YER GUD
youtube.com/watch?v=864ctT5sHMs&t=19s

an automatic 4 cylinder ranger couldn't do that on loose gravel

You're able to drift anything if you try hard enough