/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

old man edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/yfSNDVsM
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/

>Official News & Known Issues
Mid-Season Reinforcements deployed on March 15th.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/reinforcements.aspx
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-2-13-2017

previous dumpster fire:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
youtube.com/watch?v=EF6MfLGEWLY
imgur.com/a/6r6o6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for old men

You guys see the buzz with the data mine?

Apparently a taser gun is coming, as well as a fuck ton of mines.

plat 3 lfg ranked

>Posting it again

>taser gun

for what purpose? Caveira's is pretty much one

can't wait to become Mike Pence and zap Pulse

Yeah I did.

Good job bubbus.

>taser gun
the files were just named taser and were probably for the twitch drone

ToxicMine, DazzlerGrenade, ConcussionMine, FlashMine and ClusterMine were new though.

The only thing I can think of is an attacker Cav but that's just fucking nightmare fuel. No idea what a taser is gonna do.

Which you shouldn't have because it's trash

Requesting the Coldsteel Hibana edit image

>floodlights
what did they mean by this?

>want to add a "Tazer"
>not adding the motion sensor grenades

Fucking dropped this cuk ass game

you're all fucking mongoloids

the tazer was referring to twitchs drone

Can you stop making threads early just to fuck up the OP?

Actual pastebin:
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

If you want to make this maximum meta, put a Frost trap on this + combine w/ your image.

Hopefully the bf3 flashlight experience

What the fuck has been happening this week? People have been going outside left and right without any fear of the attackers catching them.

TACTICAL LAMP DEPLOYED

maybe Blitz?

youtube.com/watch?v=EF6MfLGEWLY

You're just playing against better people
Contrary to what people like to claim, there is actually some attempt at matchmaking in casual. I'm guessing it's an entirely seperate MMR from ranked, which is retarded because what ends up happening is people who play ranked the most will also get dumped against the newest players in casual.

If you keep winning casual games, and are decent at ranked, you will slowly get put against better and better players to the point you'll wait 34 minutes to find a goddamn casual game against a diamond or plat stack.

so for convince sake i put together an imgur album of all the datamined info that's relevant (no tazers since i'm 90% sure it's referring to the twitch drones)

imgur.com/a/6r6o6

enjoy

i just copied what was off the pastebin. don't take it like it's some sort of personal attack.

christ

>copied what was off the pastebin
If you were actually aware of what you were copypasting then you would've realized that it was a fake pastebin made by one of the general's shitposters

Neat, thanks user! If they're coming up with a legendary drone skin I hope they come up with a better one than Twitch's. That transparent green fucker is impossible to spot on half the maps at medium range.

>34 minutes

It'll never, ever get that long. Ubisoft has stated that

>Casual Matchmaking is more flexible, more quickly, than ranked

And they will be willing to stack a plat vs a copper if it means not waiting an obscene amount of time to do it.

We need Casual / Ranked MMR mechanics to be explained, and Ubisoft to clamp down on ranked much harder with industry leading mechanics such as Priority Queuing, Seasonal Bans on quitting, and others.

I work at Ubisoft
The next Elite skin is gonna be for Dorito Bandito

>its already been datamined for Capitao

That JS-9 looks cool as heck. Not gonna be a fan of the QBZ though, unless it's another FAMAS or C7E

I haven't gotten to play in weeks because my friend needs a new GPU and I'm having withdrawals.

I'm going to be so shit when I get back to playing, whenever that'll be.

>Elite skin for a Seasonal op
but why

>needing your friend to hold your hand while playing siege
Just go solo.

anybody else just not able to play the fucking game they paid for because of bugs?

i've reinstalled everything, updated everything, googled it a million times, still no fix, why is ubisoft such fucking garbage?

No you goof. I'm much better than him.

What I mean is that I play on his rig. I'm a poor collegefag and need to save up money for rent. I don't have enough to build my own gaming computer.

So now that his GPU is fried, I can't go over and play. It'll fry his entire computer if I try.

pretty sure that's just an excuse to stop you coming over like a playdate and sitting your autistic ass on his computer all day.

he's playing siege just fine right now.

Reddit is a magical place

Lmao. With how often I was playing, I could believe that.

>game has a code of conduct
>online services such as XBL and PSN have a code of conduct
>people violate that code of conduct
>"Hey how can I report people for breaking the rules?"

>reddit are literally babies

Can someone post the flank or c4 pictures I used to see around here?

Operator dual wielding LMGs when?

I'm tempted to go to leddit and see if I've been recorded or screencapped for racism or something

late night OC

different version

Why is Mira asian all of a sudden?

t. white boy

I like her expression. I dunno why.

How would you buff castle?

I would personally make it so even the bottom is blocked completely, making drone lives alot harder, thus providing risk to entering certain rooms since you can't drone them unless you make a hole for the drone yourself, which means you being there, susceptible to a roamer

All the way to the bottom and unfuzable
At least he you could think about playing castle and it wouldn't be for laughs

nothing ever could destroy his barriers, only castle himself taking them down

>castle locks team out of objective

doesn't matter, no one can get in either

You can't penetrate it without destroying the whole thing. That means no Glaz holes and no Fuze pucks.

>no ts = shitpost
kek

This is not okay, we still need to protect the objective

Is it ever worth using burst fire over full auto? Besides recoil control.

>put barriers up
>no one can destroy them but castle himself
>no one can get in the objective room
>???
>profit every other round

Glad air freshener should still be able to shoot through it. Pucks should not be able to go through though unless it's from another window/floor destroy it

Reposting the idea for Feedback

>Mira Changes
>Mira's window is now a toggle state - it can be opened, and closed again after. Both opening and closing the window take time, and provide both audio / visual cues when happening
>The canister is replaced with a control mechanism, which can be burnt out with an EMP grenade, shot by Twitch drone, shot by attackers / defenders - this locks the mirror in whatever state it was (Open/closed) for the rest of the game

Learn to burst fire on full-auto

whenever a streamer posts there twitch link after a game they lose I say nigger so they might get banned or to just get them to call me cancerous or something on stream.

what am i doing with my life

This basically bans Castle barricades from any room near the objective

He needs the gap to keep himself and his team able to hear enemies moving on the other side, and to be able to retaliate against people planting breaching charges on them.
If there was some sort of non-bulletproof grate that could stop drones but allow sight and shooting, then I wouldn't be 100% against the idea, but I still think his main two issues are Fuze and Glaz. Keeping either of them from being able to pierce his panels with their abilities/weapons would make him less of a liability, and keep the enemy team from gaining as much of an advantage from his shit.
On top of that, if Sledge took two hits of his hammer to break his panels, and Ash's charges took a little longer to drill into his panels before detonating (and were a little louder while drilling, in the form of a grinding sound or something.) then he'd be in a great spot.

>no one can get into the objective room
alright, so on certain sites the attackers just lose by default. Sounds good.
>what is balance

balance is boring let the cancer flow through you

A slightly-not-drooling Glaz will know to make one-way murder holes in the barricade, basically meaning free kills or free map control. This means that you can't put Castle barricades in useful locations. If so, what's the fucking point

> (You)
>This basically bans Castle barricades from any room near the objective
I worded that extremely poorly and I'm sorry for that. What are you refuting if I may ask.

Not balanced, even with emp and the sounds it's kinda op most of the times

Glaz makes one-way holes through the barricade, basically meaning that barricades give him almost full control of a room. This means you can't put barricades in rooms that are important for your team to use. Thus, you have to put them in useless places. But what's the point in blocking useless rooms?

But Mira's fine.

>Thatcher + Thermite can now counter Mira
>Hibana still counters Mira

Care to elaborate?

Ah, sorry for my confusion. But I would be worth it in conjunction with people like pulse or Mira. Rooms with hatches windows in buildings, the like. More of a distraction really

Meant to ask for you to elaborate here
I'm an idiot and clicked the wrong thing

Tl;dr you could make ez kill boxes for people

People would just leave it closed and wallbang an unreinforced wall. Hell, Mira would probably shoot the cannister in prep time to ensure some idiot doesn't create an accidental murder hole

Mira's better when her shit stays closed. The only time you'd really ever want to open her windows is when a Thermite tries to place an exo literally ON the window, which is the wrong move on their part.
Having the ability to keep your mirror closed 100%of the time and giving the Attackers no way to remove that one-way bullet-proof intel spot would make Mira better, not worse.

Neither Pulse nor Mira nor anything can shoot a Glaz hiding behind a Castle window. Especially if the window faces outside.

Glaz and Fuze punish Castle for doing his job perfectly (putting walls in high-traffic/high-fire locations), which is just not good gameplay.

>Mira's better when her shit stays closed
The big threat is that Mira can act on the intel she's gaining, which requires her to wait for the right time to pop a mirror.

>Having the ability to keep your mirror closed 100%of the time and giving the Attackers no way to remove that one-way bullet-proof intel spot would make Mira better, not worse.

Right now the only way to remove the Mirror is

>Hibana

now you'd be able to open it with Thermite as well, since you could deny her the ability to assfuck him. The intel isn't much good if all it tells you is that there is about to be a big fucking hole there in 5 seconds.

That already happens right now????????

I never said that they would shoot glaz through the castlecade I meant that since both operators have the ability to shoot through walls and gather Intel. That's what I meant by ez kill box. Freebee wall bangs

jäger anakonda skin yay or nay?

Yes, but now you can't counter it, because Mira would keep it locked at all times.

fuck no

all these fucking trash snake camos and shit

sauce?

charlotte vassallo

??? on an a normal wall you can hammer, ash, breaching charge, and shoot back randomly through the wall??? All these things still happen and have nothing to do with the canister, which is the only change being proposed.

Nobody pops the window when it's on a normal wall cause you would be an inbred if you did that

>The big threat is that Mira can act on the intel she's gaining, which requires her to wait for the right time to pop a mirror.
>which requires her to wait for the right time to pop a mirror.
No it doesn't. The one wall reinforced w/ Mira next to an unreinforced wall "trick" isn't just a meme, it's effective. Even without that specific setup you can act on the intel without breaking the mirror, unless you're just stupid.

>Right now the only way to remove the Mirror is >Hibana
What is Twitch? and what is shooting the cannister from the other side?

Except with your proposed change now you can't break the window at all, so there's a free source of intel for the whole round and Thermite is the only one that can deal with it more effectively than anyone could before, though you could always just post a bandit next to the window so he could zap the exo since now there's no other way to remove the glass.

I think you just have major misconceptions about what makes Mira good. It's not being able to break open the window, almost ever.

The cryptek stuff is all shit.

Not him, but would keeping those two from abusing Castle's panels be enough to make him consistently viable? Or do you think Sledge and Ash would still remain problems for him?

>The one wall reinforced w/ Mira next to an unreinforced wall "trick" isn't just a meme
>not Ash, Buck, Sledging the normie wall
>Not Hibanaing the mirror
Wew lad

>What is Twitch
Yeah sure, but we're talking about from the attacking side, reacting to a mirror. You spot a mirror and the only way to "deal" with it is to shoot at it from range. You can't Ash it, Sledge it, breaching charge it, or anything else. If you don't have Twitch, your option is Hibana. If you don't have Hibana, you have to go somewhere else. It's dumb shit.

>and what is shooting the cannister from the other side?
This happens all the time but generally speaking if you are in a position that can shoot at the cannister the defending team is no longer gaining intel from the mirror.

>Thermite is the only one that can deal with it more effectively than anyone could before
As opposed to Twitch being the only one who can pop the mirror for attackers easily or by expending a SUPER valuable resource (Hibana is opening a kill hole, but didn't get to choose the exact location, leaving her 2 charges to make good murder holes)

Or that Hibana is still far better than Thermite in this task? And gives Thatcher / Thermite combo a little bit more power when fighting a commonly picked defender instead of just making Hibana a mandatory must pick?

It looks ok.
Green jeans are a bit weird but lets me real, Germans have awful fashion sense.

I think it's slightly harder to see in dark corners.
Meta approved.

Ash and sledge are not a problem because at that point they'd be doing the job that they were made for, breaching, fuze and glade freshener are killing jokes

Helmet doesn't look that good though

Flecktarn is the only legit choice for headgear anyway

Will the game still like decent if I turn on temporal post processing but put shaders to high and most of the graphics option to medium? Want to maximize frames without losing visual what little visual fidelity I have.

*look decent

At least with the uniformed characters you don't notice they are just being incredibly fucking lazy on the re-skins.
OD green running shoes and jeans are retarded. And it looks fucking ugly
Stick to flektarn/10

>not atleast making them black jeans
>or leaving them blue

UBISOFT COME THE FUCK ON

>tfw you lose to pros but only lose 4 points per game
>keep staying just for the chance of getting 50 points
>it's been 4 games already

Just put shading on medium; high and medium are virtually the same except high has fancy parallax mapping on some surfaces. It'll look fine.