Islam's death toll?

Does anyone know of a single or multiple good books/studies etc about the history of Islam and more specifically the amount that have died due to Islamic caliphates and empires since the time of Muhammad up until now?

A common argument I hear when you bring up a particular atrocity committed by Muslims such as the Armenian genocide is something like
"6 million Jews at the hands of nationalists" or "500 million Native Americans at the of hands of Christians". Even though these are pointless rebuttals and comparing apples and oranges as the Muslims empires and caliphates were about spreading Islam, but I'm not sure that the colonisation of the Americans was about specifically spreading Christianity...but I'd like to now the total number killed at the hands of Muslims (also communists since that's another thing leftists like to defend so readily)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8RmiRPEvUIk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>source
>wikipedia

communism hasn't been tried

>source
>youtube

What's the timeframe of this? I'm pretty sure the IRA has committed more than 8 terrorist acts.

No idea really, just looked for any relevant image since you need one to post. I had one that was more recent showing a better source showing how many terror attacks from Islam, left wing extremism, right wing extremism, Christian etc but deleted it for space on my phone. It's probably false considering it's Wikipedia but Islams still gonna be top no matter what, that one I mentioned had it way above any other

>source
>Veeky Forums

>But that a camel-merchant [Muhammad] should stir up insurrection in his village; that in league with some miserable followers he persuades them that he talks with the angel Gabriel; that he boasts of having been carried to heaven, where he received in part this unintelligible book, each page of which makes common sense shudder; that, to pay homage to this book, he delivers his country to iron and flame; that he cuts the throats of fathers and kidnaps daughters; that he gives to the defeated the choice of his religion or death: this is assuredly nothing any man can excuse, at least if he was not born a Turk, or if superstition has not extinguished all natural light in him.

>Islam is very different, being ferociously intolerant. What I may call Manifold Monotheism becomes in the minds of very simple folk an absurdly polytheistic idolatry, just as European peasants not only worship Saints and the Virgin as Gods, but will fight fanatically for their faith in the ugly little black doll who is the Virgin of their own Church against the black doll of the next village. When the Arabs had run this sort of idolatry to such extremes [that] they did this without black dolls and worshipped any stone that looked funny, Mahomet rose up at the risk of his life and insulted the stones shockingly, declaring that there is only one God, Allah, the glorious, the great… And there was to be no nonsense about toleration. You accepted Allah or you had your throat cut by someone who did accept him, and who went to Paradise for having sent you to Hell.

Maybe I didn't delete it

>500 million Native Americans at the of hands of Christians

A high estimate of the population of the entirety of the Americas is 100 million.

Most native deaths were from the (non-deliberate) spread of disease, often times without ever coming into contact from Europeans. By the time diseases like smallpox were being used by Europeans as weapons most of the damage had already been done.

The people most sympathetic to the natives were Catholic missionaries.

>So many people can't live their childhood properly because of him [Muhammad]. So many people are sufferers of his disasters. So many people know what's right as wrong and what's wrong as right because they think the darkness that he chose exists. Human emotions and human creations haven't progressed in many ways, because of him.

>... if there is a God, he's not Mohammed's.

Yeah I knew that, but I has just hyperbolating as the number I've gotten in every argument about this is "500 million died" which I've always known to be bullshit. Thing is I don't know where they get it from

>The Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex of order and freedom, culture and peace, can at any moment be overthrown by barbarians invading from without or multiplying within.

>The sword of Mahomet, and the Coran, are the most fatal enemies of Civilization, Liberty, and Truth, which the world has yet known.

>Our strategy, in Europe and America, under Bush and under Obama, has been to artificially subdivide a Good Islam from a Bad Islam and to declare that Bad Islam is not really Islam. Bad Islam, as Obama claims, “hijacked” a peaceful religion. Secretary of State Kerry calls Bad Islam’s followers, “apostates”. ISIS speaks for no religion. It has no religion. Which means the Islamic State must be a bunch of atheists.

>How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity.

>The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities - but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome.

>meme

>mfw Britfags get arrested for hate speech after quoting Churchill

>That is a simple rule, and easy to remember. When I, a thoughtful and unblessed Presbyterian, examine the Koran, I know that beyond any question every Mohammedan is insane; not in all things, but in religious matters.

It's almost as if they put faith in bias authors, the same way people put faith in Muhammed as a prophet.

>In fact, normal Islamic religious law forbids the intentional killing of non-combatants in battle. It also forbids suicide. It'sa small minority view that allows these things, and it's a small minority who engage in terrorist activities.

>To me it seems certain that the fatalistic teachings of Muhammad and the utter degradation of women is the outstanding cause for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have kept on developing.

>nice meme

>implying al-Baghdadi has any actual power and isn't just a meme caliph

>Having thus given a cursory view of the Quran, I lay it before the sensible persons with the purpose that they should know what kind of book the Quran is. If they ask me, I have no hesitation to say that it can not be the work either of God or of a learned man, nor can it be a book of knowledge. Here its very vital defect has been exposed with the object that the people may not waste their life falling into its imposition... The Quran is the result of ignorance, the source of animalization of human being, a fruitful cause of destroying peace, an incentive to war, a propagator of hostility among men and a promoter of suffering in society. As to defect of repetition, the Quran is its store.

>A very important factor which is making it almost impossible for Hindu-Muslim unity to become an accomplished fact is that the Muslim can not confine their patriotism to any one country. I had frankly asked the Muslims whether in the event of any Mohammedan power invading India, would they [Muslims] stand side by side with their Hindu neighbors to defend their common land or join the invaders. I was not satisfied with the reply I have obtained from them… Even such a man as Mr. Mohammed Ali has declared that under no circumstances is it permissible for any Mohammedan, whatever be his country, to stand against any Mohammedan.

Wish we could say the same about yer mum kek

Whats the source on the infographic? Not questioning it just would actually like to know for future reference.

youtube.com/watch?v=8RmiRPEvUIk

(you)

>because the Koran was revealed in the context of an all-out war, several passages deal with the conduct of armed struggle. Warfare was a desperate business on the Arabian Peninsula.

A chieftain was not expected to spare survivors after a battle, and some of the Koranic injunctions seem to share this spirit.

>Muslims are ordered by God to "slay [enemies] wherever you find them!" (4: 89).

>Extremists such as Osama bin Laden like to quote such verses but do so selectively.

> They do not include the exhortations to peace, which in almost every case follow these more ferocious passages:

"Thus, if they let you be, and do not make war on you, and offer you peace, God does not allow you to harm them" (4: 90).

>"Yes ISIS has only been around for about three years and dominated large swabs of the Middle East and North Africa, I'm sure they're nothing to worry about"~2016

>"Yes the caliphs in the Arabian peninsula have only existed for a short time and control it all, I'm sure we North Africans have nothing to worry about"~635

>You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion [Islam] too would have been more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?[4]

>I can imagine people being enthusiastic about the paradise of Mohammed, but as for the insipid paradise of the Christians! In your lifetime, you used to hear the music of Richard Wagner. After your death, it will be nothing but hallelujahs, the waving of palms, children of an age for the feeding bottle, and hoary old men. The man of the isles pays homage to the forces of nature. But Christianity is an invention of sick brains: one could imagine nothing more senseless, nor any more indecent way of turning the idea of the Godhead into a mockery. A nigger with his taboos is crushingly superior to the human being who seriously believes in transubstantiation.[5]

>Had Charles Martel not been victorious at Poitiers -already, you see, the world had already fallen into the hands of the Jews, so gutless a thing Christianity! -then we should in all probability have been converted to Mohammedanism [Islam], that cult which glorifies the heroism and which opens up the seventh Heaven to the bold warrior alone. Then the Germanic races would have conquered the world. Christianity alone prevented them from doing so

Use this instead, it's likely true the first graph but it's Wikipedia I'm not sure

wow you sound like a racist with these hate facts. I read a buzzfeed article all about islamophobia and how its really a religion of peace

you make me sick

>only been around for about three years
They were in Iraq during the Saddam regime since the early 90's, under a different name but with the same leader.

If not for the eternal anglo of America "liberating" Iraq then Mr.Bighdaddy would still be underground afraid of a nice acid ba'ath.

>We do not know whether Hitler is going to found a new Islam. He is already on the way; he is like Muhammad. The emotion in Germany is Islamic; warlike and Islamic. They are all drunk with a wild god.

Whoops thought you mentioned my OP pic sorry. I'll have to dig it up, it was in a YouTube video analysing the study so I'll have to search for it again

wow, what a fucking racist!

>hurrdurrur muh 500 million Native Americans sheit
It was closer to 80 million and most died from diseases

look at this fucking racist bitch! she needs to go back to /pol/!