Is it possible for a silver colored car to look good compared to other colors?

Is it possible for a silver colored car to look good compared to other colors?

the edgier and boxier it is, the better it will look in silver.

round cars look the worst in that tone/color

>porsche

Silver is a top color

silver is for fencesitters who are too cowardly to choose a colour

>silver
I don't know anything about colors
>black
I feel like I've made an important purchase with this car
>white
IT LOOKS GREAT, I think...
>gray
I don't care about the color

Dark green and blue are the best colors out there. They also tend to have owners who have some idea on what a car is

What about a gray with a darker pearl

I have owned 5 blue cars and one black.

The colour doesn't tend to influence my purchase, but in video games I tend to paint the cars yellow. The colours that could have me turn down a car is any pink like hot or baby pink.

Dark silver is top tier

Black is for fags

White is tasteful if done right (cream white, bone white)

Dark Green is patrician, also with brown interior

Blue can be nice as well, best blues are BMWs

TFW car would look good in any color

green or violet hands down

the cars in the back dont change color because they dont have any.

If I had a car modified for midnight street racing, I would want to paint it gunmetal silver or any dark shade of grey to Make it harder for cops to find me if I ever need to lay low.

Paint with flake is top tier

Prove me wrong

I don't think something that comes standard on 90% of cars made today is top tier

Silver CAN look good if it's accented well with other colors. By itself it's kind of meh tier.

no, silver is objectively one of the most boring and shitty colors around. If you buy silver you have no taste and no personality

>Dark Green
11/10 taste

The new BMW blue on the M4

Ford's guard green

I'm a big fan of Porsche's Lapis Blue myself.

Sexy

Malbec Black is HNNNNNG tier

Purple?

Purple.

>purple snek
MAH NIGGA

What is the point of a color if it's not even a color?

but that's obviously dark green

Not quite silver, but R32s look good in dark gray. I think this is the best color for most cars, even E140 Corollas look good in dark gray.

>tfw when my car is a two tone of dark green AND blue

Yeah. It's too safe of a color imo. It's better for hiding age like white.

Dark colors are shit for aging and resale. Bright color master race.

Agreed, to many modern cars with metallic paint.

Nice Ascona, don’t see many around.

Nope. That's why you never see a silver Lamborghini.

Dark colors hide contours and details.

>that faded paint

Wouldnt mind if it was just a shitbox

Most modern Lambos come with bright as fuck candy paint, or gaudy wraps.

Bad lighting, but my camera is shit anyway and I can't be bothered to take a better picture.

No it's fucking boring. It looks like bare metal. It's not the 90's anymore.

no Lamborghini come with wraps.

Paint looks nice, but...

>chrome wheels

Eww, at least they are stock

Silver is the all round best color for a car. But dark green is dank as fug m8 XD.

Owners still wrap them

>come

Silver is what a metal machine SHOULD look like. A color painted machine/ tool is a little tacky

Graphite a best.

One of my favorite cars

Outta my way boring fucking shits

These cars look like all the bad parts of early 90s hip hop.

That Camaro looks boring.

G R E E N

G R E E N

What tires do you have? Everywhere I look nobody has a a full set for MRS because of the staggered wheels.

This baby

why are the zzw30's so hideous

Beautiful color

Most dark blues are shit anyway. Tone is disgusting. Car makers never make it right. Theres always a shit ton of different colors and only few of them are nice or atleast acceptable. Nogaro blue is nice, but then again it costs shit load of money. Silver metallic or gray fits the best for modern cars, anyother color just looks off.

Why not just leave it unpainted then?... oh, right, rust

sexy color

You need to sell those nigger tier rims through

>Silver metallic or gray fits the best for modern cars, anyother color just looks off.

Agreed. It fits every car and even makes a modern shitbox look good.

White is objectively the worst color.

dark green is the best color. Does any manufacturer still make it?

white is god tier

t. yrone

I was SO close to buying an abarth exactly like this one but I got denied financing with a 760 credit score, pay stubs proving my income can easily sustain it, ect. S A D B O Y E

hideous

dark green only looks good on offroaders IMO

It looks cool on old car, like Bullitt. Blobs like the Miata, or modern cars not so much.

Meh, it all depends of the car. For me persinally silver evos are the best looking

I was driving home this morning from a party and got stuck at a redlight with the windows down. I see this really ugly, fat girl turning down the street past me and she says "wow that's a really pretty car!" I don't know how I should feel about this. I'm kind of angry about it just being called "pretty" by women all the time, especially fat girls.

Ya pretty much accurate for white and silver since I've had both and feel same way.

Wrapping my Cayman next Saturday, will be a matte white.

>dark green only looks good on offroaders IMO

That's a weird-ass roof you got there on that house.

honestly, that's kinda faggy blue mate

It's more like turquoise then blue.

This new SacreBlue from Ford and Yas Marina Blue from BMW are god tier through

Silver is superior

Honestly I think evos are one of few cars that look best in white.

Silver works best on Mercs and maybe bigger Audis

It's an apartment building, it does look like someones first house in the Sims when they just go "eh fuck it, just finish the thing"
I like it, it stands out and is a special color on speeds that isn't seen much.Can't really tell in photos but it's real sparkly, so extra faggy but its a cute.

I feel the exact opposite, soap bars like 550 Spyder, 356 Speedster look great in silver, sharp edged cars like the 458 silver just obscures the lines

I also like light silver colors on cars with lots of black trim/accents. When it's just a giant swathe of unbroken body color light silver just looks like an appliance

>I like it

Most important thing here, nothing else much matters

>it's real sparkly, so extra faggy but its a cute

Well if you yourself think it's faggy cutie, don't be surprised grills think this too

911 in silver looks like sex, it always did

The style is actually called mansard, it was popular first in France in the 17th century, then again in the 19th century, and by the early 20th century it also spread to England and found some use in North America as well.

BMW have kept good lines on their cars, they don't look like hoovers (except i3)

Of course Americans can't leave anything untouched, so when they rediscovered the style around the 1970s they completely perverted it.

Women love it. I shouldn't complain really when they say it's pretty, it's got the best of both worlds. When my car friends are in it they're obsessed with the intake noise and know that it's a fast car. Women always compliment it because it appeals to them by being pretty. My ex basically begged me not to sell it for a 911.

In some cases this went as far as almost the entire house being a roof.

Alpine white really is bmw best color when match with the motorsport colors

that's like a grill house that wears a really long t shirt and booty shorts in the morning. fukken sxy house

100% agree

Plus the contrast with the black trim and wheel rubber is good too. This is something Black doesn't have going for it.

It's not particularly well proportioned, but it's very unique and charismatic and the better examples of '70s mansards will soon become architectural historic material like mid-century houses did.

>It's not particularly well proportioned
fuck off, sorry she doesn't have the biggest, most symmetrical windows but she's super nice and I'd live in her everyday and wash her gutter so hard.

Better than a McMansion anyway.

Anyone else have yellow?
Imo yellow is really easy to do wrong, but it's great when done right
Dream car is a gt4 in yellow
Also what people are referring to as dark silver is gunmetal grey
You wouldn't see a solid piece of silver or gold and see different shades across the board

Yellow is good when the tone is right.
And on the right car.

As a detailer I get sorta trigger when people shit on silver cars, it's objectively the best color for having near flawless looking paint. It fucking hides every scratch, it's insane. You can do a half-assed paint correction and it will look stupid shiny. Personally I prefer pearl whites, because it is less bland looking and hide scratches almost as well, but silver is still better because it hides dirt really well too, white won't.

"I like it because it makes me have to not work hard."

It looks like shit, who cares how easy it is to hide blemishes. Put a pro detailed ANY OTHER color car next to the same in silver, and no one gonna look at the bland ass fucking silver.

no detailer wants to spend 12 hours correcting their own paint after getting off work when they do it all day every day, that's why I like easy to maintain colors, fuck you.