Tfw you finally start to get the hang of driving a stick after being an automatic pleb your whole life

>tfw you finally start to get the hang of driving a stick after being an automatic pleb your whole life
Is there a better feel?

>Is there a better feel?

Even asking that question means you've never been laid.

Your like a child learning how to walk and then telling his parents he learned how to walk, so basically good job big boy! next is potty training!

>drove manual all of my life
>buy first automatic two month ago
>no longer feel like Veeky Forumstist pleb

is right. You are a virgin

Learning to drive a manual from the start.

the superiority complexes on this board are real

i've been driving manual my whole life (and 99% of non-americans)

its whatever, nothing special

Not letting gearbox types dictate how you feel.

I recommend you gas yourself, autismo.

congrats bro great work

It really shouldn't take long enough for it to be something you are proud of.

>takes forever to learn an archaic form of driving that requires an unnecessary amount of work to accomplish.

Enjoy your highway traffic jams and city traffic.

Insecure manchildren

Grats bro

I don't understand this meme. Since when is clutch control more difficult than brake control?

You're kidding? Driving manual during traffic jams is the worst. Constantly having to clutch in and out every two seconds is exhausting.

It's when you really notice that manual is for the poor.

>Is there a better feel?
guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women

been driving stick for 6 months now

still getting the hang of it. main thing is down shifting where sometimes so get it smooth sometimes not

and still a slow shifter and slow at taking off. but don't really stall at taking off anymore. well I did yesterday twice which was the first time in ages.

sometimes stall out while parking or doin slow manoeuvres

You will always stall every now and then in a parking lot, especially in sports cars with heavy clutches.

You can just put it in first and press the clutch. You want to move forward - you let the fucker a bit, you want to stop - you click on the brakes. Its even a bit lazier than the automatic where you have to change pedals with one foot. The shitty part of driving is when you have superheavy clutch and have to ride in jams, but that is like one car in your life.

You can try double clutching if you want those silky smooth downshifts

>Begin braking
>Clutch in, shift to neutral
>Clutch all the way out
>Clutch back in, shift to desired gear
>Clutch out (rev match for extra smoothness), finish braking

Do you know about blipping during downshifts

yeah but it still sometimes doesn't seem to work.

sometimes i still get a lurching feel. or a lightish lugged feel

is that a sign of too much or too little of a blip?

Oh and do I need to slow down to a certain speed first when changing gear? like can I still be going say 30-40km/hr and change to 2nd gear to get ready for a turn?

Go by rpm user, not by speed. Approach turn, brake to desired speed, clutch in, downshift, blip the throttle with your heel and clutch back out. It's not rocket science.

Your blip might be fine, you might just be giving too much or too little gas when releasing the clutch. Really blipping is just to get the revs high during that split second that you're in neutral when downshifting so that you're not suddenly in a lower gear AND at low revs

And I don't think speed matters very much as long as the revs are somewhat low.

when I lift my clutch up aftrr blipping do I do it slowly or can I just straight away release it.

also do I need to blip it more if skips gears. like 5 to 2, or 4 to 2, or 5 to 3 etc

I daily my racecar after driving auto suv.
Honestly not a big deal.
>clutch in, gear in, ease clutch out a bit to get some speed, clutch in, neutral
>coast slowly until it is a stop
>brake
>repeat
if you are not a top tier retarded faggot you can minimize the amount of times you have to touch anything.
vs auto
>d
>let of brake
>creep forward a bit
>can't slowly coast unless burn brakes
>stop
>neutral

Besides stick is insanely more fun.
And you get to annoy all the normies around you with loud exaust and double clutch rev matches at every traffic light.
The gratification of perfect down and upshifts, smoother than auto, is better than believing you are some transcended being because sitting in a traffic jam with autotragic is somehow less work

that is rev match with useless shift to neutral.
The entire point of double clutch is to get the two shafts up to speed.
You should be
>clutch in
>neutral
>clutch out
>blip throttle
>clutch in
>gear
>clutch out
if you blip throttle while clutch is in during double clutch you might as well skip the neutral.

congrats bro

>tfw european
>taught to drive a manual at 13 by the grandfather
>mum lets me drive the manual back home from school at 15
>steal my parents manual car to drive it at night when i was 16
>Only people I know who drive auto are women

>tfw you are so innately good at driving you learn to drive stick in 15 minutes and you are going at 100km/h your first time driving a car

I am going to be a race driver one day

^ This.

Good on you, OP.

You have to be in Europe to understand how silly this thread looks to us. Everyone here drives manual, even dumb soccer moms.

I know that feel bro.
Enjoy it.

That has literally nothing to do with someone just learning to drive and feeling good about their progress, but good for you