Why are people paying 60k$ + for a front wheel drive ,4 cylinder honda...

Why are people paying 60k$ + for a front wheel drive ,4 cylinder honda? Some retard even paid 90k$ and the dealer is holding his car for 90 days because of some clause for showing it? For that money you can get an M2/M3/M4 or a Giulia Quadrifoglio or Lexus RC F

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=honda civic type r
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because thats what they like

Muh racing pedigree
Muh 90's Type-R
Muh JDM

The Focus RS is a better hatch in every way

All of these cars are miles ahead of the type r

hey kid, no hard feelings, but maybe someday when you have that much money, you can spend it on whatever you like. Don't worry about what other people do with their money.

no hard feelings though, kid

Can't wait till they get BTFO

Over half of that list is automatic only.

This guy gets it

Well I guess because that's what they want right user? Why are you upset that they do it? Because they have the money to spend on just a civic and not give a shit? That's really unfortunate, I hope you're able to adjust your attitude soon in life so you don't waste too much time being bitter.

It's fast.

I wonder how many shills Honda employs... Seems to be a lot here. Seems to come in waves. I remember a bunch of it with the new impala.

because the front wheels are the only place the power should ever go

Honda doesn't need shills when they got their loyal brain dead fanbase

Better than Lincoln posting.

Also, daily reminder that people who support brands you don't like are "shills"

Slower than the Golf R and the Focus RS.

It's way too expensive for what it is. For the price you can get any other Type R and a daily and sitll come out ahead

people buy road cars because of status symbols and images, they aren't buying them for benchmark numbers or lap times

It's autistic pretend-shilling.

For cars as big and sophisticated as those listed a manual would hinder the driving experience and performance, double clutch transmissions with flappy pedals are in every way better than a manual on those cars. Only people who whine about automatic transmissions are those who drove 90's shitboxes with torque converters and not sophisticated modern DCT's

some people arent autistic benchracers obsessed with numbers and actually like cars

>worse ride comfort
>amerifat heavy
>rear diff overheats
>slower around a track
>barely faster 0-60
>slower 0-100

If you want a track monster, buy the Type R. If you want a sleeper comfy hot hatch, Golf R. If you want a garbage meme drift machine, Focus RS.

Honda

>status symbol

>track monster
>fwd

pick one but only one

some people know how to drive user

>i actually believe memes on Veeky Forums
>i actually drive cars fast

Pick one and only one.

Honda "guys"

Early adopters are always retards.

Because that's what they like. Why are you crying about it?

>guys
indeed, the only people you will attract with that factory riced shitmobile is a bunch of skinny monster-sipping fuckboys

Because they like the car you fucking door stopper

yes, and like he said, they're miles ahead of the Honda memebox

I don't get it either, who in their right mind would pay that much for a lame Honda? I'm guessing boy racers who think it goes fast. Sales data will confirm it as a flop, however.

or some people just buy it cuz they want to drive it and its something they want . dont shit on people cuz they have more money than you.

cuz some people enjoy shifting the vehicle manually. its fun.

They tested the M4 on The Grand Tour, and the consensus was it was a pile of shit:

> Now, at this point, I would normally use the word 'however' and start talking about the car's good points. However, I can't because I'm struggling to find any. The engine for instance has water-injection which sounds cool but it means that every third time you fill the car with fuel, you have to fill the water tank in the boot. I don't know but I'm not sure this is very high-tech

>track monster
>civic
>90k

You do realize you can get an M5 for that price, like a brand new one

but he doesnt want an m5 obviously.

Thats the M4 GTS you stupid nigger , they compared it to a 911 GT3 RS and of course it flopped in that test. Normal M4 is such a good car

Seconding this. When the Hellcats launched people were happily paying anywhere from 10-15k over msrp.

Hmm i have 90k$ what should i buy , a german power sedan that has 560 HP delivered to the rear wheels , a state of the art DCT , luxury interior and a premium badge or a front wheel drive rice rocket?

Buy a car you like. I will never ever judge you.

>lists DCT as a positive

what is there to like about a riced out civic?

read

If you want to go in a straight line, buy a Mustang. The Type R destroys both of those on the track.

>Type R destroys both of those on the track
>driven by a professional driver
I get it, but you're making it seem like any fuckboi is going to be able to replicate the Nürburgring time.

Because it sets better lap times than an M4 and is more fun to drive. Why wouldn't a subset of people pay more for it? Normies will buy it when it eventually comes down to MSRP. The Alfa is better than both but how many people grow up dreaming about a 4 door automatic Alfa.

>people who bring up MUH TRACK TIMES for a luxury commuter vehicle

>how many people grow up dreaming about a 4 door automatic Alfa

I mean it's probably faster in the hands of an unskilled driver too. It has equal power/weight to the RS but 300 lbs less weight means its a little less punishing if you miss the apex or break too late.

Honda

>non premium badge
>interior is cheap
>front wheel drive
>4 cylinder engine with 3 exhaust tips and a weak note making you look like a dumbass
>fake aero intake holes
>blank switches inside
>a spoiler suitable for a mclaren p1 ,not a rice rocket again making you look like a dumbass
>made by soulless gooks
>"more fun to drive" yet its a front wheel drive vehicle
>"people who dream about a honda civic" - you mean the same people who are too poor for a modern day car that has a DCT so they defend their choice of a shit car by saying how much they like manual ? You do know that not every car is suited for a manual? A manual on a BRZ makes the car better because its 50/50 and rwd and seriously underpowered, sticking an automatic in it wont improve the car or make it faster. However , in a Giulia Quadrifoglio or an M5 , both being longer and bigger than a BRZ and also having 350+ more horsepower it looks stupid , its a well crafted car that has an insane amount of power and a state of the art DCT that suits it. You are buying a premium car and want to operate it with a lever. There is also a manual giulia quadrifoglio if you live in europe and manual F10 M5's were made.
Giulia

>better styling
>premium interior
>no blank switches
>rwd
>aero that actually works
>no gay ass spoiler made from cardboard like on the type r
>Ferrari derived engine , its the same one as in the Ferrari 488 with 2 cylinders chopped off and vertically mounted
>made and designed by italians, engineers were recruited from Ferrari and Maserati
>showing a girl or anyone that has any knowledge about cars your Giulia Quadrifoglio and they'll take you seriously , saying to a girl that you drive a honda civic will make you look stupid and poor

You're whining about automatic transmissions because you never drove a modern day car with a modern day DCT ,only a shitbox with a torque converter.

this post you can tell he doesnt and probably wont ever have that kind of money.

I mean I guess that's why I own a sport sedan with a manual transmission

Good job buddy now pull up next to someone who owns an automatic dual clutch version and watch him smoke you while using less fuel

You are going to extreme lengths to justify how much better an automatic Giulia is compared to a car that will eventually come back down to an MSPR that is half the Giulia's price.

Obviously a thot would be more impressed by an Alfa Romeo badge compared to a Civic, but at that point if you just were buying a car to impress other people, you could also get a used R8 for the price of the Alfa. Meanwhile people are paying $30k over sticker for the lowly Civic while no Alfa Romeo or M5 has ever experienced that kind of demand.

personal preference. worry bout your own shit.

>bench racing
>muh fuel economy
Why are you here again?

k.

>meme transmission

Opinion discarded

>and is more fun to drive.
>fwd ever being funner than rwd

found the geo metro driver.

Paying tens of thousands of dollars over sticker for a Honda is the problem , those people dont have the "i dont give a fuck money" and certainly lack a few chromosomes

Like i said,the badge is not there to impress people, you're paying that sort of money for all the reasons listed which are valid and genuine and not just to impress people.

>less fuel
>V8 performance sedan

who cares

he drives a 5+ year old cadillac so hes obviously not rich to fill up to the top every time

That's just dumb. I drive a 22 year old V8 BMW and I can afford to fill it up the whole way every time.

Hellcat is a fucking beast though. Type R is a fucking civic

>10-15k over msrp

Just using maths here, doesn't matter what specific car it is but +10k on a $60,000 car is significantly different than +10k on a $30,000 car. Namely 17% markup vs 30%.

this guy gets so angry that people spend money on stuff they like and he makes minimum wage.

You seem a little insecure. They made manual all the way to 2014 and the ATS-V is still available as manual.

at least its a fucking civic and not a regular one.

was there a manual STS? i swear i drove one years ago working part time as a valet. it kinda confused me. badass though.

I don't think so. Maybe some elaborate swap?

>Hellcat is a fucking beast though. Type R is a fucking civic
Hellcat is a dodge though, which is about the worst fucking car anything can be so I don't know what the point of your post is

707hp SRT Challenger> every Honda Civic

he's right, i'm a huge import fan but a whored up 300hp fwd subcompact

Because that's what they want to spend their own money on.

>A 35k civic that won't flip onto its roof when you turn the steering wheel
or
>A 70k boat with a giant engine with an Italian flair for reliability combined with an American flair for thoughtlessly large automobiles for the purpose of pimping them to baby boomers who miss the good old days of cars that fall apart after two years.

You mean
>a $60k civic designed to look as edgy as possible
or
>a $65k SRT designed 707 horsepower street machine
Now tell me about how I need to pull 9G turns in the land of highways and interstates.

I don't care what some fanboys paid for it when it first came out, the new civic is 35k
I'm sure some douche bag paid 100k to be the first guy to have a hellcat but that doesn't matter when everyone else pays 70k

add the FiST

>35k
Where?

I'd go for the civic.

I'll take 'things that busriders believe' for 500 please

lmgtfy.com/?q=honda civic type r

For 90k he could have bought a pristine NSX with barely any miles

You made the claim, you have to prove it.
Here, I'll show you what you did:
You can get a new Challenger Hellcat for $40k.

the rich guy who don't give a fuck and buys the fun racecar he wants gets more pussy than the rich guy who buys a car with the consideration of what thot will think about it. fact.

t. retard

Now buy one for that.
MSRP=/=price you fucking idiot

you're an idiot

>driving a car for fun
what are you? a cuck?

why are there so many cars from the 60s around and available to buy then, well american ones anyway the imports from then have all rusted to shit

People pay thousands of dollars for small clear rocks that have zero practical application in thier lives and $8 for a cup of hot bean water with foam on top they could have made at home for less than $1. People are idiots who are vastly unwise with their money. But if the market will bare that price who are you to tell everyone what tho gs should cost or how much everyone should pay for everything.

You didn't design the car or pay the engineers who did, prototype test it and pay those engineers and testing teams, manufacture it and pay for the operational overhead of a large multinational industrial firm , get it to pass countless safety protocols and test, spend millions to market it, ship it across oceans, pay import and freight duties, float it to the dealerships who dont even pay you until they sell it, set up suply chains and recall protocols and programs, issue maintenance and repair books, manage the warranty operations, issue financing and dealer incentives to help sell the car, and then when they do sell it, pay the dealership its per unit volume bonus and holdbacks and countless other financial leakages just to keep enough grease on the gears to keep the whole damned operation running. The scale of the systems that brought that car to market is in the .
of dollars annually and the complexity and critical accuracy of the whole works is beyond what you can ever imagine.

And you are gonna tell them, and all their customers what they can charge and pay for those automobiles? No sir, you are a fool. The price will be the highest number that an acceptable number of people are willing to pay. If not enough people are willing to pay that number the number goes down. If there are more people willing to pay that number than available units the price goes up.

If you don't like that then you can spend billions of dollars to open up factories and fund dealership start up operations and safety test and market an automobile and charge whatever you like

Also, fwd is the work of Satan. And spending that much money on a civic is directly funding the downfall of civilization.

But that's not for me to decide. Its for the market to determine when our doom arrives.

Money laundering

>the imports from then have all rusted to shit
Never heard of the VW beetle or microbus?
I see plenty of those still around
The Japanese never really got good at manufacturing until the 70s and they made unmemorable basic transportation with the exception of the Datsun sports/Z series and lots of people collect those. Being around because a collector takes care of a car doesn't mean that it wasn't manufactured horribly.

No it's not. Too heavy, too bleh of an engine, too devoid of muh steering feel. It's the worst M car that BMW's ever made.

>gooks
its the fucking nips. post discarded

I agree with type r being insanely impressive but
>implying 0-60 times matter
>implying 0-100 times matter
>implying "x around track" matters
New golfs are pigfat trash.
focus RS is still fantastic and will have no problem beating a type R on the track as long as you are better than the type r driver.
Cars don't drive themselves.

I've seen it go round track.
It's insanely fast.