Looking for a new car, but I need a spacious trunk opening. What are history's greatest liftbacks? (coupes also welcome)

Looking for a new car, but I need a spacious trunk opening. What are history's greatest liftbacks? (coupes also welcome)

And by new I mean a different one from my current car, not a brand new one.

There is zero reason to buy a sedan over a wagon

>zero reason to buy a sedan over a wagon
>aesthetics (hatch or wagon is ugly as fuck)
>friends will think you're a poor/cuck/fag because hatch/wagon
>chassis stiffness if that matters to you
>people more likely to steal shit from your wagon/hatch than a sedan with a trunk

>people more likely to steal shit from your wagon/hatch than a sedan with a trunk
Guess what the roll-out screen is for.

>buys a wagon for more storage space
>privacy screen reduces it back to sedan storage level

OP here, I'm fully aware that a wagon is the practical choice, but I was hoping that I could combine practicality with something that looks a little nicer. I don't even need full rear seats to be honest, I just need something with a huge cargo opening and about one and a half metres or five feet of cargo floor with the rear seats down.

2nd gen crx

You act as if wagon owners filled their trunks to the roof with cargo every single fucking day.

same as ops image but rebadged. if you go on a unicorn hunt you can find one with a v6 and a manual.

with bonus frunk!

Did anyone ever make an upscale liftback coupe after the Opel Monza?

>Looking for a new car,
Crossovers are a solid choice now. They have the same length (or are even shorter) than a sedan, so they can fit into the same space. Their rear hatch lifts up and lets you slide tall and wide things in unlike a sedans trunk opening.

The category of SUV/Crossovers is outselling sedans in the USA too.

Why not get a sedan then?

Like I give a shit about the fucking USA. I already own a hatchback.

Can you deal with two seats?

Because SOMETIMES there's a reason to fill your wagon to the roof, and unlike shitbarge pickup trucks a wagon doesn't constitute a compromise compared to a sedan.

Do 4 door "coupes" count?

Look no further

Skoda superb has over 300 liters more space than that Ford. It has more space than in passat wagon and about the same than the mondeo wagon.

what car is this. It looks like a fusion but I didn't know they made a liftback

Mondeo

Except it is a compromise. Wagons look awful and sedans look good. Sedans also possess 99% of the functionality that will be used on average. If you need to haul more/bigger shit, you use the correct tool for the job. A wagon IS a compromise and to carry big shit with one takes more effort than just renting/borrowing a truck or uhaul or even a Minivan.

There's a reason hatches and wagons never caught on in America unless they were cleverly disguised as other things.

300 liters of space? Are you filling your car with fizzy soda pop son? You know you could give that measurement in a dimension of space so that we can picturize in our cranial computators something. I forget how many inches/millimeters across is one side of a square liter.

>Square liter

Why would I just get a coupe that I like and borrow my dads truck if I need to move houses or buy a washing machine or some shit. If I go on a road trip I could use the back seat for storage too instead of buying an ugly compromise mobile.

honda del sol. 3 hooker trunk at least where i live. if youre in the south 1 hooker trunk. they're fatter there.

Well its not my fault that you do not understand the volumetric units. In Europe it is almost always given by liters. But you are not that far off if i remember correctly as they used to measure boot spaces with beer crates. Now they use standard size 10 liter boxes or calculate it. And then there is this VDA boot size wich uses 200x50x100mm which is one liter blocks to measure boot space. Even Mazda, Toyota, Honda, Audi and Bmw uses those blocks to measure the volume of the boot.

*wouldn't
Damn.

Fuck off you German cunt

There's already a bunch of shit in it.
OP needs a car with EMPTY hatch space.

this