Why is Islamic architecture better than Christian architecture?

Why is Islamic architecture better than Christian architecture?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bb9ro4IQqi8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"""Islamic""" architecture was stolen from the Byzantines.

Reminder that muslims have never invented anything of worth and were only stealing from other cultures.

Holy fuck, top tier b8

This thread is shit and you should feel like shit.

I know I shouldn't respond to bait threads but this is now a historical architecture thread

Thread is approved by his eminence the Sultan of board /osman/.
Just cause you can't come up with a counter-argument doesn't mean you can play it of as "le bait".

Why is Gothic architecture so perfect?

I'm a fedora atheist, and it's still my favorite kind of building.

I'll bite. The "Islamic Architecture" shown is the Hagia Sophia, a Christian Church turned into a mosque after the Byzantine Empire fell.

Beautiful.

youtube.com/watch?v=bb9ro4IQqi8

>cherry picked as fuck
>still looks like some retarded shit that took 1000000 mudslimes multiple generations to erect
>dragon longhouse housing fiercest warriors in spacetime
>slimes fuck off
>kings conquer the world

The left pic is a Christian cathedral converted into a Mosque.

>there are actually people this retarded in the world

I'm a Muslim and I quite like Christian architecture (I've been to the Vatican) as well as Muslim architecture

Considering how it's completely subjective, there's no "better" art style. Appreciate both and quit being such angry faggots thx

Repent ye and believe the gospel.

Boy you sure convinced me. Running to my local church to convert posthaste. Thanks, user!

A serious question, how does it feel browsing this board which is pretty much christian-dominated as a muslim?

not him, but probably about as good as seeing threads which were obvious bait and made to trigger people into anti-muslim hysteria

It gets a bit tedious at times honestly, but I've learned a little bit about Christian theology and won my fair share of arguments as well. I have thick enough skin to weather the near-constant barrages against Islam, and enough knowledge of the religion to be able to handle "criticism" about it

tl;dr you get used to it

>"christian dominated"
>half the threads are either shit on by atheists, other denominations promoting their shitty beliefs while shitting on others or the eternal proppie vs cathocuck debacle
>while threads discussing the different schools of Islam are relatively peaceful and actually bring up alot of historical subjects
I also love the latest trend among cathocucks to LARP as Orthodoxies now that their Pope turned out to be shitting on everything they used to stand for.

Have you taken any sort of history class?

>I've learned a little bit about Christian theology
Would you kindly explain the concept of the Hypostatic Union to me?

>>while threads discussing the different schools of Islam
What threads

I should also add that I have close friends who are Christian, as well as a Grandma who's Christian, so I suppose I have a soft spot for Christians and thus have a greater threshold for the diatribe that's so popular on this board for some reason.

The ones in the great archive of /osman/.

Since repeating yourself like a parrot daily while crying over "muh idol are better than yours" is not the righteous path.

It is the path of a man in doubt of his own beliefs.

I said a little bit. Frankly I've no idea. If this is a rhetorical question I'm more than happy to listen and learn but I don't know. Often the stuff I learn is stuff like the New Covenant, etc. I still can't wrap my head around the idea of Trinity and so on.

how does it feel knowing not knowing if allah loves you one day to the next?

best religious architecture coming through

>Hagia Sophia
>Islamic architecture

This is b8

But also:
>judging a religion by aesthetic and not by doctrine

What do you even mean by this?

All I can hope is that I practice my faith well enough, and behave as a decent enough Muslim and human being and leave the world better than I found it before I die.

I wouldn't know for sure if a being beyond perception loved me or not regardless of which name you call Him by.

Bait aside, Islamic exploration of geometry for both decoration and symbolism is pretty fascinating.

The trinity is the stupidist part of christcucks faith.

>those who say "God is the third of God are in mistake"

I know this is bait but I'm still mad.

Why is Eastern Christian architecture so much better than Western Christian architecture?

And I'm not memeing OP, the Hagia Sophia is magnificent and it stood there hundreds, sometimes thousands of years before western Cathedrals, many of which have a same-ish Gothic style.

how interesting to group together architectures by religion so you can use a prime example of NORDIC architecture as an example of WESTERN architecture

That's East Roman architecture.

The threads that do not have obvious bait OPs, such as this.

>comparing a monument to a shed
Anywho bait thread

>I-Its doesn't count because reasons abloobloo
Pathetic. Its ours now, scum

It's a mix of persian and byzantine. Most of muslim culture was adopted from the persians

I too like Islamic architecture.

>Not using the superior mosque

subtle bait :^)

also the "christcuck architecture" is a Norse temple converted into a church.

But is there a mosque made by skulls

>subtle
This bait is like a billion years old, there's nothing subtle about it.

>We've achieved levels of bait that shouldn't be possible

Serious question, how does it feel knowing that you will burn in hell eternally?

pagan/secular structural engineering >>>> religious structural engineering

This is a more fair comparison.
(A 19th century Siberian Tatar mosque.)

op is dumb like shit

comfy

>we can't build shit so the shit we stole should count
Sorry to have stepped on a landmine, m8.

The hagia sophia is supposed to be the seat of the patriach of the orthodox church, until the turks invaded and plasted four big "allah signs" in its inner pillars.

>church turned into mosque
>temple turned into church
epic OP

You mean Ottoman.
Islamic architecture before that is pretty varied

Listened to an orchestra play in Notre Dame. Fucking amazing even though the son is are bad

I have to admit this is some impressive bait. Here's your reply.

To be fair, I usually prefer those quaint little wooden Churches that compliment their serine locations to the gaudy rococo monstrosities drowning within densely populated ares those Mosques tend to be.

You're probably the same guy that names himself after some turkshits and shitpost your mudslime crap.

Edgy

But he's not a Christian.

In what way is that edgy?

Insulting turks and muslims is common if anything.

Nice fucking try but that is the Zoroastrian fire temple of Hyrcania from the 3rd century BC