What's an automotive pipe dream right now?

What's an automotive pipe dream right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dKziKX9SZ7I
youtube.com/watch?v=pkyficAs18Q
youtube.com/watch?v=2qY6YKnH8jI
ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53946
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Monthly payment: paid in full, on time.

Finding a running air cooled 911 for under 40k
Finding a clean stock 350z
Finding a running 1.8t powered VW
Finding a non nigged out box chevy
Finding a S85, S62 or S54 bmw engine without rod bearing damage
Finding a non salvage title 04-06 GTO

drifting in a civic

>new mazdaspeed MX-5
>Rx-9
>BRZ STi
>Any kind of power upgrade on gt86 platform
>new S2000
>new lighter nissan Z platform
>return of cheap rwd nissan platform

youtu.be/dKziKX9SZ7I

Honestly all the GT86 needs is a 3.5l flat six version of the current engine. They had a similar engine in the subaru SUVs why not add 4 inches in length to the engine and make it 340hp
Weight added would be 60~ lbs at most which could be offset easy with lighter wheels and seats

Subaru has a 3.0 flat six already here is one swapped

youtube.com/watch?v=pkyficAs18Q

4 cyl, RWD anything for less than 20k MSRP

Finding an affordable first gen Challenger.

>340hp

that's unrealistic, how much would you pay for a 270hp one?

You, not posting pictures of your grocery getter asking what kind of car it is every goddamned day.

Its not unrealistic at all... the current model makes 200hp~ from 2.0L if you add two cylinders to make it 3.0L it should make 300hp~
Stroke and bore it to 3.5L and add a bit more cam duration and lift and it could easy make 340hp
Porsche makes a 4.0L flat six that makes 500hp NA
Their base S model makes 400hp from a 3.8L
Boxsters have a 3.4l that makes 330hp
It would be quite easy to make a performance H6 for the GT86 that would solve the issue of lack of power. You could do it without changing the balance of the car as well

Killing your fat ass

"200hp"
I'm doing the air quotes thing right now.

how much do the porsche engines cost again?

Oh 270hp model would not be worth buying as an upgrade
With full bolt ons and a tune you can make over 200hp at the wheels which is 250-260 crank

I would love to see a bigger stock engine in the GT86
Maybe make a GT-S model or something

What do you think it makes?

Whats up with the stock airbox and the stock BOV?

Those are literally the first things people change when they modify their ralliarts while I was working at a mitsu dealer.

pic not nessessarly related

They make 205hp factory rated now out of 2.0L
The same as any other modern engine to produce. They are not some wizard engines well the GT3 one might be but the base engines are the same cost to build as any other factory engine.
I am not saying swap a 911 engine in a BRZ but rather subaru/toyota could look at using existing parts to make a H6 model

>Stock BOV
The stock ralliart bov is actually plastic. This BOV I got new and it's from the Evo x.

youtube.com/watch?v=2qY6YKnH8jI

You are aware there's a difference between wheel and crank right? Don't even need to watch the video.

I guess I secretly hate the fucking ralliart airboxes. jesus fuck those filters are retarded to get out of there.

Also I hate the TC-SST fluid design. Had a car that was involved in a front end collision and came back from the body shop and it was leaking trans fluid at the cooler. Couldn't a "top off" the fluid without doing a full drain and inferring whats missing from what comes out. For normal service it isn't that bad I suppose.

WHP is not the same as BHP
Here is a bolt on car dyno

ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53946

Word.

Also:I love you chicken poster!
I have a chicken folder on my laptop,no joke.

that's why I posted it. I knew as soon as I did everyone would throw in these stipulations. "b-b-b but it makes 200 at the crank at sea level at 45F with correction factor". same old same old from you lot.

Thank you

OP, do you ever just sit around and all of a sudden you leap to your feet with excitement when a good chicken post idea comes to mind?
I like to think you do.

27k for a sports car and you have to buy MORE parts to get it to 200? holy fucking alphabet it's the god machine.

You know what, Its a hit and miss thing. Sometimes I'll think of something real cool, but the chicken just won't co-operate. I always try to have the question somewhat related to the picture though.

Curious, what the cheapest you've seeb diaqueen sstf-1 fluid? Around here it's about 200 AUD for a tin of it.

I still like the "hey guys,what's in your trunk?" one.
So easy,so fun to see a chicken in a trunk.

Affording a 458

I just bought this for 2k

A fully stock Corolla GTS that doesn't cost 5 figures

Hey idiot: every manufacturer uses crank.

Affordable lightweight RWD manual transmission vehicle

Has there ever been a sub $20k (counting for inflation) car that wasn't purely a commuter car? FWD is the best choice for that.

Buick bringing back the Grand National and GNX.

GM wont let it happen because CTS and ATS V exist.

Since when do you make quality threads?

oh you bought it! That's great, congrats!

HCCI

>manual, rwd under 5k that isn't a new edge mustang

a new RWD body on frame V8 sedan

>same cost to build as any other factory engine
even within the same make there are vastly different prices in engines. compare the 370z engine to the GTR engine. Both are V6 engines with almost the same displacement

Mazda supposedly has it sorted out as their next-gen engine, starting with the Mazda3 at the end of next year.

the e36 compact models are probably the closest you get to this
however you'd only get the shitty 316i base model for 20k€ inflation adjusted, the 323ti would have been ~25k€
I have no idea about US prices