Why is the Mark VIII never talked about? It's basically a luxury Cobra...

Why is the Mark VIII never talked about? It's basically a luxury Cobra. You can get one of these things for like $1500 these days in any condition you want.

I don't see a lot of these on the road, so I'm assuming that it's unreliable.

>It's basically a luxury Cobra
>built on an entirely different platform who's chassis is probably much worse

>>>

It used the Cobra 32V engine with an AOD tranny and IRS. Only real problem was the air suspension.

Can these things potentially make made power with a blower? what would be perfect is if you could Manual-swap one like you can a crown-vic. i doubt the auto can handle any power thus a V8 especially one as potent as the 4-valve modular probably wasn't worth putting in here.

odd how Ford at one point use to shove their best engines in the most mundane cars now they are too numale to put it in their super car.

It's the same engine with a weaker tune as the mid 90s Cobras. AOD is a pretty stout tranny if you build it.

i've always thought it was on the ugly side. It aged terribly, that's for sure.

They never sold well to begin with. American luxury cars from that era were only sold to 80 year olds and 80 year olds don't buy many two door luxury cars. You won't see many cadillac eldorados on the road either

it does make decent power however the rods will go around 500 under boost because they are weaker than those in the cobra

For some reason, I've always found 2 doors car, that aren't sports car, goofy. I mean, if it's a Honda Accord V6, I kind of assume the driver is just a douche, but older stuff form the 80s or 70s, I've never understood why you'd choose it over a 4dr model, if it wasn't a sports car.

I like the mkvii, do some chassis mods and switch the air ride for coilovers and you got the ultimate disco muscle

Guy at work is very tall and he likes two door normal cars so he can get in and out easier.
Pays to be near average I guess.

reliability is fine although from what i hear it eats coils
the styling is just really not appealing to most people, even though it's comfy

the air suspension isn't great, coil swap it

Fair enough. As a fairly small person though, I find 2dr cars harder to get into due to the longer door.

it is usually cheap and with a turbo can be made to perform well although the internals will need to be beefed up above 500hp

>the air suspension isn't great, coil swap it

But then you lose one of the VIII's cool features. It automatically lowers as you go faster.

who cares
coil swap it

Hey man I drove an 04 Accord v6 2dr with 6Mt and it was great. If they'd given it rwd everyone would still be slobbing on its knob. What are you trying to say?

love, a douche

What's wrong with an Accord V6? I'm driving an SN95 Mustang right now and I'm looking for something >200HP that isn't built like a Trabant.

I've owned 2 2dr accords and being 6'2" with no friends means it's best to have the 2dr. In 6 years I've had 3 passengers in my car I think 4 or 5 times, and I've never had 4 passengers ever.

I remove the rear floor mats for weight savings because of this and I am also a douche (no friends).

Yeah, neither pre nor post facelift Mark VIII really does anything for me, they look too damn blobby- same problem the Town Cars had just a few years later.

Now, the Mark VII, that gives me a ridiculous hardon, but the VIII is unfortunately unquestionably superior in every way other than aesthetics.

Mainly they're just not a car that would ever appeal to the majority of Veeky Forumstists in that it's a large GT car.

>ugly

Damn right. I try to like them but just can't. The falling 1/4's just turn me off and I can't get over it.

On a related note, I'm not a fan of the interior either. It's a bit austere even when compared to German sport sedans of the period. The ride is surprisingly firm too. I much preferred my 90 SuperCougar on both counts.

>AOD

Nope, 4R70W

Bunch have been T45/T56 swapped and supercharged, stock bottom ends have seen 10s in the 1/4 along with stock autos with a shift kit

They're MN-12 Platform cars, so if you want to ditch the air suspension then all you need is Tbird/Cougar springs

Funfact, these cars are the reason Terminators were supercharged

Ford built one of these in 1994 and named it the Tasca SuperMark.

4v mod with an eaton M90 , twin Supercoupe TBs, huge fuel system, modified 4R70w and a LSD 3.55 rear diff.

Made some shit right around 450hp with only 10psi being pumped through it

The ONLY bit that sucks about accord v6 coupes is the fwd. Other than that it's a cherry. I sold mine (pic related) because I needed a bigger car for work but it had very few flaws... I'm 6'2 as well, was super comfy, had all neat options (htd seats, nav, 6disc), shifter is one of the best in 6sp trim, super reliable, and surprisingly quick.

I had a 3.2cl type s before it and liked the Honda better despite being essentially the same car. Had it been rwd I would have kept and boosted it. Great car.

Front pic with faggy lights