en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_hash_table
freemusicarchive.org/music/Komiku/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is gogem a phantom thief?

1st for godot

the cube will fly out of the portal, not just plop

>Oh boy was that a mistake.
>pro tip: never visit that place anons.

You'll have to bribe me with a few examples as to why.

UE4.16 preview released

forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?142071

Volumetric fog among other cool features

The wait for 3.0 is killing me.
And I still suck at 3D modeling.

>say it will get released in 1-2 days
>several weeks have passed
It's cool new-age funky-fresh kind of torture.

>volumetric fog
unnhhh, I've wanted this for so long

That new audio system looks pretty swish too

Yeah I'm not sure what the holdup was on the alpha release. But the developers and some other contributors had a meet in Paris over the weekend. So now that that's done, work will probably resume.

There are unofficial master builds here fixnum.org/godot/
But looks like they haven't updated in about a week either.

POST YOUR LUDUM DARE GAME

I KNOW YOU MADE ONE

I tried a bunch of different ideas but none of them felt fun and I didn't feel like grinding out a mediocre game just for the sake of finishing it.

>they changed the naming convention for no reason
why the fuck did they decide to use the full name now, what's the benefit of get_postion over get_pos

OP should have a section about how to make webms

>I didn't feel like grinding out a mediocre game just for the sake of finishing it.
Never gonna make it.

>I didn't feel like grinding out a mediocre game just for the sake of finishing it.

The act of bringing a project to completion, even if it's one you're not totally excited about, is one of the rarest and most powerful skills in a gamdev's arsenal.
がんばって、ゲームデッブオおにいさん!

Monster Jam SOON in June

ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/38/$16925

jesus fucking christ not even a demoday arrived and you're already spamming anime under pretext it's jam content?
and then you wonder why people shitpost your polls

Nazuna is the cutest Hidamari

GO WORK ON YOUR GAME NOW

Monster Jam SOON in June

I think it's because you can access the members directly now, and it's to match the member names.
For example you can do "node.position = Vector2(1, 1)" now.

jesus fucking christ not even a demoday arrived and you're already spamming anime under pretext it's jam content?
and then you wonder why people shitpost your polls

I can understand if you never finished anything and consider it a learning experience but there's no reason to waste time if you aren't learning anything.
Instead of wasting time with an unfun project with no future I'm simply working on my main game, not getting overly attached to shit projects is also an important skill.

neat, but i can't reuse any code i make now which sucks, btw what's the maximum moving sprites you can show on screen before it starts lagging? i'm curious

What anime is that from?
Anyway, Monster Jam SOON in June

>another art jam
sasuga

>in June
pls no. I'm going on a trip in mid-June.

Can't we do late May/early June?

our jams are a mess
the system isn't working
we should make a change

It's going to turn out to be a shit weeb anime only jam but it's still not art centric.

Alright, I updated the boomerang. You can now control it after you throw it. It's fucking awesome and fits the rest of the playstyle pretty well.
It also turns out to be good for crowd control.

There's going to be 2.x to 3.0 export which will try to convert as much as possible. The renaming is a pretty simple fix anyways.

If you're using Sprite nodes it may start lagging after a few thousand sprites. But if you use the lower level VisualServer you can squeeze some more out. The rendering in Godot is very fast, the limiting factor is more GDScript. In Godot 3 you'll be able to use C++ with GDNative, so if you've got really intense code like that you can move it to C++ for better performance.

How is it not?
Cant wait to play as that giant unity cube terrorizing Whitebox City™.

But user, you can draw anything, if it comes out shit you call it a monster and bam, perfect art for the jam

Reminds me of Aerobie Orbiters.

You should try adding an "after-image" effect

What game are you even making with no art?

You have to decide right now if literally every jam in exsistanance or will ever exist are art jams because it seems to me that you do

>godot
very nice

I'll play it in a minute

None, im just saying art-heavy jams alwayls fail.

Is supporting split screen on pc a good idea?

this please

>None

shhh... the boss is slep

Depends on how hard it is to implement, technically it's easy as fuck in most engines but design-wise it depends on the game.

you asked if i was making a game with no art, not if i was making a game.

Good idea, doing this

If you crawl past it can you just skip it completely?

It'll only appeal to a very small number of players but it's another thing to add into your game's trailer.

>a very small number of players
Nah, theres a bunch of normies on /v/ that screech about split-screen.

he has something main characters want so unfortunately no

Gang Beasts shows that people still do that sort of thing

I have an idea for an online multiplayer game and I don't know if it's fundamentally possible or not to implement it this way. I want the multiplayer to be entirely peer-to-peer with no dedicated server and no "here's my IP to connect to"-garbage.

You create a lobby and then another dude who is playing the game connects to your lobby and the two of you play together. I want this done in such a way that I (the creator of this game) don't have to run a dedicated server for players to host their games, this ensures that the online play for my game will be alive for eternity. Secondly, I still want it to be as simple as just choosing a lobby from a list. I don't want players to have to send their IP address to a fellow player for them to play together.

I've never seen this done before.

You'll need to run a matchmaking / lobby server at least.

Probably how it would work is each player is naturally a host, they just don't know it. Then if another player enters their game, the second player is a client.

This will break down if your game is competitive, since the host player can cheat.

You can use Steam lobbies for matchmaking and then do peer to peer on games.

But
Is right. You need a matchmaking server (steam) at the very least.

Isn't that how like every console game works?

+1 to all this

You've seen P2P, you just didn't know it.

It has its issues.
pcgamesn.com/for-honor/for-honor-multiplayer-connection-peer-to-peer

A good majority of games run on peer to peer. It's just not nearly as bad in a shooter as it is in an action combat game.

>confused why my time system wasn't working
>turns out it was midnight and was correctly showing 0:00

Also this youtube.com/watch?v=38sPNZ8QHO4

I don't think that's true.

I understand how that works and it's really the most logical way to go about doing an online game, but it isn't futureproof and I don't want to have to worry about maintaining this lobby server forever.

Games like Risk of Rain and emulators with netplay are futureproof as you can always just get in contact with somebody and send them your IP address to play a game, but I've never been a fan of multiplayer games like that. It's way too much trouble.

If only I could have it both ways.

... You can? Include both. The lobby version can just be a wrapper around the simple IP version.

How would you ever find open lobbies without a central server keeping track of them? I don't think that's physically possible.

non functioning health bar mockup. shadow shurikens. something that could be interpreted as combat

That's the question that I'm trying to answer. Surely, it could be possible.

About the only way that I can think to do it is to have your game listen for pings and somebody is playing their computer is constantly pinging every IP address on the internet looking for your open game.

How do torrents do it? I was under the impression that even those use a tracker list.

>every IP address on the internet looking for your open game.

yeaahhhh

It finally looks like a game, user
I'm so proud of you

Very low contrast against your floor.

Pls no monster jam

why not

Yeah, they need trackers too.

monsters spook me

Actually, there's DHT which sounds promising.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_hash_table
I have no idea how the peers find each other but I guess it's worth looking into.

>there is a skeleton inside me right now
huh...
joker is right

fug, user, this is spooking me too much

You have no idea how much that means to me user
The player or in general?

ATTENTION AGDG

Since the poals are broken, we will choose the next game jam theme in thread. Vote by replying to this post with:

1. Fresh progress on your game, in image form.
2. The theme that you desire. If no one else has voted for the theme yet, write it in your post. Otherwise, quote another theme to vote for it.

Replies will be tallied at the end of the thread. After that, we will hold a runoff between the top 3 choices.

ONLY VOTES WITH ATTACHED PROGRESS WILL BE COUNTED.

I can't tell if Admin is really this fucking autistic and clueless or a grade-AAA troll destined to ruin jams for everyone forever.

The health bar, which was the subject of your post.

I played it! that was actually pretty fun, survived 2:16 then 3:30

it seems there's a bug where you can have 0 ants and it wont end your game

I wish there were more valid tactics like sending off a lone ant to distract the bugs, its really difficult to try and micro them

cute music/10 would leave playing in background

good job user

The sad thing is that voting in the thread is a pretty good idea to avoid all the proxy votes in the poll.

I need assistance with godot script

I'm trying to get the length of a vector2 element in an array, but I'm getting this error:
Invalid call. Nonexistent function 'length' in base 'Nil'.

I suppose it's not recognizing that the element is a vector2 since i didn't declare it as a vector2, but it shouldn't since it's dynamic, i believe

What stops the shitposters from voting with fake progress? Even repeatedly so without even needing proxies.

I bet you tried getting its length before even instancing anything in the original vector2

If you have no elements there, you can't have a length.

Tried sculpting a middle-aged woman this time, instead of straight up ancient

Still a bit too old to be ara ara~ material, I suppose.

Thanks user, glad you liked it. Not sure why that bug would happen, it checks if the game has ended after an ant dies. I did want to add more tactical stuff, but I wasn't sure how to do it and I didn't have time.
I didn't make the music, it was a CC0 song I found from this guy freemusicarchive.org/music/Komiku/

well, i never saw him coming

post code

Don't stop.

>there are actual wagecucks browsing /agdg/ RIGHT now

shit
you're right, but it's checking at compile time, not at runtime. how do i even initialize all of the elements as vector2?

extends KinematicBody2D

var initial_position = get_pos()
onready var texto = get_node("/root/World/Label")
var speed = []
var posiciones = []

func _ready():
set_fixed_process(true)
# texto.set_text("ANGULO: " + str(rad2deg(angulo)) + "\nPOSICION: " + str(distance))
posiciones.resize(15)
for i in range(14,0):
posiciones[i] = Vector2(0,0)
func _fixed_process(delta):
var pos = get_pos()
var joystick_axis_pos = Vector2(Input.get_joy_axis(0, JOY_ANALOG_1_X), Input.get_joy_axis(0, JOY_ANALOG_1_Y))
posiciones.push_front(joystick_axis_pos)
posiciones.pop_back()
# print(posiciones)
if posiciones[14].length() < 0.05:
pos = initial_position
else:
pos = initial_position+posiciones[14]*135
set_pos(pos)
texto.set_text("X: " + str(joystick_axis_pos.x) + "\nY: " + str(joystick_axis_pos.y))

if the tabulations get fucked up i'll upload it to pastebin

In Unity, what happens if I make 2 colliders of exactly the same size, put them above each other, and let a bullet collide with one of them?

Will the bullet hit both colliders at the same time?

oh ok i fucked up the for loop, i was writing in range 14,0 instead of in range 0,14

also please no bully because of the spic variable names

try
for i in range(15)

it's alright user

Had fun reading your spanish variables anyway.

it's okay, i already solved it by putting in range (0,15)
thanks ty you for the help my man