speeding tickets
hella horns

Rice tax
Glass trannys
Poor mpg

you will roll over.

fp
bp

meme tax, expensive repairs, shit mpg. It has all the bad qualities of a crossover while having none of the utility.

Almost rolled my XT Forester today pretending some hilly back road was a rally stage.
Ended up in a ditch with a slightly fucked alignment.
Still feel sick to my stomach, can't imagine what would it happen if I actually wrecked.

NOT a rally car

this. I suggest buying a fiesta or i20, now theres a rally car

>redpill

wrong board son

honestly this

but by fat chicks do you mean that the car will attract them or that you'll suddenly have a sudden desire to go fuck one

Someone who actually owns a wrx

I'd say it's a good car
>sporty and quick
>excellent for inclement weather with the correct tires
>4 doors and nice trunk size
>newer ones have pretty good mpg
>compact but still aggressive

It's a great car if you can only own one vehicle and you'd like it to be well rounded. Veeky Forums just seems to dislike them for some reason

Why did you have to take the bait and bump this shit thread, notice how OP never replied to any responses..

>caring about mpg
why would you own a car at all

what the fuck is this meme tax shit?

Refer to NASIOC Technical.

Bought a 2017 STI after a random recommendation on Veeky Forums.

I absolutely can not tell you how much I love this car. I have a Mustang 5.0 and Red Sport Q60- this is the best time you can have behind the wheel.

I'd say the issue with these cars is that they weigh a shit ton and have low horsepower compared to equivalent weighted cars. The price for the base is very reasonable though.

This.

How is 3300 pounds pigfat for a sedan?

Slips out of 3rd gear. A known issue in many different Subaru models.

Really poor gaskets prone to overheating quite easily, another issue on many different Subaru models.

Cop magnet.

Ricers will constantly try to challenge you.

>poor MPG
Maybe on an STI, but my WRX has better mileage than my old commuter car

You will become one

Only a cop magnet if you have the sedan

Own a Legacy GT and Outback XT. Same as WRX in concept. I love them. The Outback XT especially I absolutely fell in love with. I've always had impractical sports cars that are fucking useless even in rainstorms let alone anything worse. I needed something that was practical and capable without sacrificing too much speed and handling.
I love having cars that I know are capable of handling snow while also handling offroad and back roads. They are wonderful all-weather performance cars.
>Be in Virginia
>Couple years ago
>Freak snow storm
>16 inches in a day and afternoon
>basically entire fucking state shuts down
>just had Blizzaks put on OBXT
>never driven in snow before
>be 8PM
>desperately need something to eat
>make decision to go to nearby gas station for snacks
>place is usually packed so figure they may be plowed and open
>nothing plowed
>no roads
>no lots
>no driveways
>OBXT plows through the ally behind my house and fresh powder on every road the whole way like it wasn't even there
>heated leather seats cranked so I'm /comfy/ af
>pull into gas station
>not plowed, but packed as usual
>bunch of good ole boys standing around holdin court
>giving me weird looks and shit
>look around
>slowly realize I'm the only one there without a lifted pickup or Jeep on swampers.
>100% stock looking Outback
>got snacks and went on my merry way
I ended up going back out that night around midnight to play in the deserted streets. Only saw 3 other vehicles the entire time I was out playing and not a single fucking cop. I had more fun that one night in a decade old Subaru wagon than I've ever had in a sports car.

It almost weighs as much as a v6 accord/maxima/camry while running on a turbo i4. It's also smaller in all dimensions except height. Kind of pig fat.

Baka. How about the fucking AWD system that the WRX carries around that the Accord/Maxima/Camry do not?

AWD drivetrains add weight, stupid to compare these

>I'd say the issue with these cars is that they weigh a shit ton
its 3200lbs thats an average sedan

where do you get this shit that its too heavy?

a honda accord is 3600 pounds

>Really poor gaskets prone to overheating quite easily, another issue on many different Subaru models.
stop spewing these memes. Head gasket failure hasn't been an issue for over 10 years

>MUH awd
A drive shaft and two half shafts does not equal 600 pounds. The thing is pigfat. The first couple gens of wrx were over 1000 pounds lighter. Even the gtr r32 was lighter with a v6 and turbos.

>3200lbs wrx to 3600lbs accord

man its almost like they're different cars with different shit inside them that makes up their weight.

>its pigfat
its average for a sedan you're fucking retarded.

>r32
>V6

Seriously?

>The first couple gens of wrx were over 1000 pounds lighter.
No they werent

thecarconnection.com/specifications/subaru_impreza-sedan_2006_2-5-wrx-manual
>3200lbs

even the 2003 wrx was 3200lbs

AWD system aside the a 2016 WRX literally makes the exact same horsepower as a 2016 V6 Camry. You'd struggle at stoplight pulls in a WRX against mom's commuter car which would look pretty silly.

>gtr r32
the gtr r32 was 3140lbs

Most sedans that aren't v6 are under 3000 ibs. You're retarded.

oh man its almost like its a 4 cylinder with a turbo making slightly more power than a 6 cylinder

the WRX will make a better pull, its AWD and the camry is FWD. The FWD will probably have TCS kick in where the WRX won't

Not to mention turbo lag vs NA

That's lighter than a wrx

What does it matter

the 4 cylinder camry is 3200 lbs
the civic is over 3000lbs
the 4 clinder accord is over 3000 lbs

they put 4 cylinders in virtually every sedan, compact sedan and sub-compact out there including shit like the fit all would fall under "sedan" using it as some kind of universal metric is broad as fuck and highly erroneous at that

wow by a whole 160 pounds woopty fuckin do.

There is no turbo lag on the WRX, if you're talking about the STI then yes, turbo lag is noticable there but on the WRX the turbo is small enough where its not an issue

>slightly more power

No, they both literally make the same 268 horsepower, and while AWD usually means faster starts as the other guy mentioned you'd lose that gain while waiting for the turbo to spool. It would literally be a struggle against a generic commuter car that's less expensive.

The wrx will make a better pull, but only barely. That's embarrassing for the rally heritage of the wrx to be neck and neck with a Camry.

>neck and neck with a camry
Imagine being this much an idiot

>The turbo is so shitty you don't notice if it's on or not

man maybe because the WRX uses the FA20 2.0L and the sti uses the bigger EJ25 2.5L

>neck and neck with a camry
theres a huge difference between the cars. One is a 6 cylinder na the other is a 4 cylinder with turbo.

>It has turbo lag
>no it doesn't its small enough thats not an issue
>wow it must be shit you can't even notice it
nice backpedal

>a huge difference between the cars
Yeah, one of them knows what it is and the other one is pretending to be fast.

the 6 cylinder camry is almost 3460 pounds
the WRX is 3272lbs

>turbobabbys

>cherry pick the weight and power to suit my needs
>disregard anything where comparing these metrics individually is erroneous as fuck
>reeeeeeee

the WRX has a 0-60 of 5.1s
zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/subaru-0-60-mph-times/

The 6 cylinder camry is 6.1
zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/toyota-0-60-mph-times/

Thats a huge fucking difference

>v6 Camry has 0-60 of 5.7
>Wrx has 0-60 of 5.2
Totally left Mrs. Smith in her stock Camry eating your dust didn't you?

>a single second is a huge difference

Um, sorry but no.

That's like saying the Subaru BRZ is fast because it's a single second faster to 60 than a fifteen year old honda civic.

>a single second is a huge difference
It is, nice damage control

that actually is a pretty big difference in 0-60 times you fucking retard. In quarter miles the wrx gets 13.8 and the 6 cylinder camry pulls 14.5

in quarter mile runs thats a huge fucking difference. You know whats a "close" quarter mile? sub tenth of a second differences

Still haven't manged to refute the fact that one of Toyota's most boring soulless cars is actual legitimate competition for one of the most popular ricer shitboxes without even trying.

It's sad when a turbo 4 banger gets worse mpg than an overweight suv with over double displacement and horsepower

>Straight line speed general

So, let me get this right.

You pay out the ass for cars with high quality suspensions and sophisticated AWD systems just so you can boost your ego by beating random faggots in dangerous and irresponsible stoplight to stoplight drag races?

You can do that with all sorts of cheap shit, you know, cars you wouldn't mind T-boning "that dumb asshole who pulled out on me when i was clearly going 120" with.

Gigantic 1 second differences are not "competing with" the wrx. The 0-60 and quarter mile times prove this

Only one that brought up straight line speed was this sperg saying camry was better car, read before you post dummy

Using linear interpolation that means the wrx beats the cam by about 250 feet.

>how fast a car can fly through twisties matters when most people don't have twisty roads and fewer still actually track their cars or participate in auto cross events

It has little to do with straight line speeds. This retard just thinks that power and weight on their own are the most important things and wants to use straight line times to justify a car beyond anything else like you said. The wrx is capable of so much more than the camry in terms of raw performance whether on suboptimal road conditions, dirt or track appearances. He fails to recognize the wrx has more performance in mind for its suspension and purpose than the camry that's more suited for day to day driving comfort. The wrx is built as a performance oriented vehicle where the camry is built for optimal comfort and efficiency

Which is almost an entire football field. Imagine that foot ball fiend save to the last 16 yards on the field. That's a huge ass difference assuming the acceleration is linear which it isnt

What I want to know is why the base Impreza comes with a shitty 5 speed manual transmission that gets shitty milage compared to the auto and goes high rpm on highways. In 2017.

And why no hatch WRX.

Most people have twisty roads in the US, and those who don't have 90º corners with yield sings and a good view of oncoming traffic.

And what everyone has is a track just a 30 minute drive away.

The police should really enforce speed limits and reckless driving offenses more strictly for sports cars, but hand out a a warning, a map to the nearest road course, and a coupon for the first offense. It would solve some actual problems with traffic safety and people thinking their car is fast/slow because of their experiences with 1/8th mile stoplight races and sick drifts turning onto their residential street.

Not sure but it might be that gas guzzler BS. Didnt think itd apply to a wrx but maybe. Cars like challengers, hellcats, etc. have a tax because bigger more powerful engines = shitty mpg = fucking environment more according to the gov.

It shouldn't apply to a WRX, its gas mileage (even the STI) is much higher than that threshold which I think is 8mpg

My old neighborhood was actually built on a old race track believe it or not.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benning_Race_Track

There were so many Deja vu moments there that the city narrowed the roads to stops folks from drifting.

that’s why the camery’s 0-60 and quarter mile times are abysmal to the WRX

> b-b-b-but they’re the same HP!

v6 2017 XSe camery is 6.3 seconds try again, even still...

>Camery
Also yes, if you pick the slowest v6 Camry it's 6.3. Good cherrypicking my friend!

>o is literally posting 0-60 times of family sedan grocery getters

I saw an old woman driving a WRX. What's happening?

Try 4.7 for the WRX and STI. If you are gonna cherry pick the fastest 0-60 for the Camry then Car and Driver rates the wrx at 4.7 seconds. Granted this is with a good launch and a good driver but same with the Camry.

I see old women drive mustangs and lifted trucks. Why is this?

>35k sti vs 27-28k camry
m8 pls