First Model 3 Off The Assembly Line

looks like a piece of shit lol

Other urls found in this thread:

electrek.co/2017/06/01/gm-chevy-bolt-ev-sales-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=w2_5-bJUEMY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck off, achmed. nobody wants to buy your crude anymore.

>crude oil is only used for gasoline

It's the end of an era, and the beginning of a new one

The Bolt has been out for months now.

:^)

I'm talking about Tesla specifically moving into production of an actual general market car, but we'll have to see exactly how many of those deposits convert into full cost sales.

Bolt sales are pretty slow from what I've read electrek.co/2017/06/01/gm-chevy-bolt-ev-sales-2/

>looks like a piece of shit

>delivery won't be until July 28th
>Only 30 will be built and delivered
>September they'll have 1,500 to deliver

Jesus fucking Christ what a pathetic company. What have they been doing this whole time?

That actually looks quite nice. Shame about the interior.

>What are economies of scale
>What is manufacturing infrastructure
>What is ramp up

I'm not an industry expert by any means but I would say Tesla waited until the design was not only finalized but had passed any and all regulatory hurdles before purchasing tooling and industrial manufacturing equipment en mass. Tesla does not have the global manufacturing capability of automakers like Ford or Honda. As an example the Kuka robotic arms are made in Germany, are then put on a freighter to be shipped by sea, offloaded at a US port and then shipped by truck to the facility.

Tucker built more cars in a shorter period than this

Gigafactory isn't finished yet

solution: don't make promises you can't keep

you know these are skimping on testing and you know that Tesla isn't ready for mass manufacturing, so why make ridiculous claims as to the completion of the car?

I'm sure the over-the-top preorder list isn't as strong as it was the first month and I do not expect the general public to be as friendly as the the current die-hard fanbase is in regards to mechanical and software glitches.

I won't hold you there, Tesla (or rather Elon himself) are notorious for over ambitious claims they later have to backtrack on with extended deadlines but I don't claim to know if they're skimping on testing or not.

Sure there's pressure to get the ball rolling but I don't think they would be willing to compromise the launch to a serious extent but we'll have to see. Conversions from the pre-order list to full sales are going to be a major factor for the initial run, are those refundable at all? There will be a teething period but hopefully nothing major, though the spartan interior will be the decisive design choice among potential buyers.

see Don't blame on others. It is Tesla. see

achmed is right dude, this thing looks like a pos, the model x too

Absolutely this. Having spent nearly 10 years working in the valley, this is how business is done.

Done is perfect. If the car is done enough to be built, it is perfect. Build it. Keep developing it post release and hopefully all the bugs can be found and fixed before consumers find them.

I wont be the least big surpised if a major, life threatening design or manufacturing flaw is found with the model 3. It would be business as usual for tech.

>Andrew Alan Escher Auernheimer, best known by his pseudonym weev, is an American black hat hacker, Internet troll and neo-Nazi.

Sounds based.

So basically like 90% of Veeky Forums. I see nothing wrong here.

They didn't start building until everything was signed and dotted. They're taking a "software" approach to this.

How did he get "black hat hacker" on his resume?

>panel gap
>trash interior
>overheats when driven fast
>literally can’t even go 300 miles on one charge
and the best part
>delusional faggots will defend it

>Done is perfect. If the car is done enough to be built, it is perfect. Build it. Keep developing it post release and hopefully all the bugs can be found and fixed before consumers find them.
>perfect
>bugs fixed
What did Silicon Valley mean by this?

Seriously though why are these retards in charge of anything?

If I bought one of these could I pull it apart and put the engine in a car that looks good?

There is no engine

Only legit criticism I have seen on model 3 is that god awful interior

everything else is the same as every other boring electric car

His prison sentence.

Who the fuck thought that gimp mask of a face was good looking? At least stick a Tesla badge on it.

Bolt is still only available in a few mandate states at the moment. It won't be available in all states until 2018.

The Bolt was first, but the 3 will be more significant. Which is a shame, because the Bolt is a competently made car.

was that?

They can't even stop phones from blowing up. Imagine a battery explosion on a car battery in the same fashion as the samsung's

>35,000 starting

I would never buy one of these because many of the scum from my high school class now build these cars. Explains why QC is such shit

Nice would be stupid to not buy one for 35k

>Seriously though why are these retards in charge of anything?
You mean innovated and changing the world?
Does it upset yuropoors that they use US based tech shit every single day? How do you think they feel being so far behind the US tech curb? I almost feel bad for them.

can we please have /ice/ and /ev/ already

the discussions of EVs haven't improved at all in the past three years. fucking fuck

HUD HUD HUD HUD

IT'S PERFECT

Agreed looks good

Wish I didn't have a year to wait.

Coming from my viewpoint on the aesthetics, which I believe to be unbiased, the car is very ugly. It came close to looking good, like the pre-facelift Panamera, but ended up looking like it's missing a chromosome.

Looks pretty good. Almost like a Mazda 3 sedan (though I think the M3 is slightly better looking)

There is no HUD

>le reddit game

get the fuck out

>knowing what it is

no u