I want to fall in love with a car again. I have an Accord Sport 6M right now, and it's reasonably fun...

I want to fall in love with a car again. I have an Accord Sport 6M right now, and it's reasonably fun, but it doesn't inspire me or make me feel anything for it. I miss the less practical cars of my 20s. I'd keep the Accord for family duties and add a new car to the stable.

I want something RWD, fun, light-ish, autocrossable and most importantly, I want to love it. I want to turn around and look back every time I park and walk away. I want something special. I've got about $20k to spend.

Talk me in to, or out of, an S2000.

Just buy a C5 Z06 instead, or a 996 911.

S2000s are cool but I'd rather have either of the other two.

mr2 spyder. I've grown to love it more than any other mr2 car. Plus it is an absolute fucking insanity in the right hand and will punch up so fucking hard it isn't funny. Beat a new stang by 4 seconds on track with it.
s2k is a good choice.
Also GT86.

the seats are shitty for anything that makes you drive longer than 10 minutes. (for reference Im 5'10'' and ~160 lbs). the bolsters dont do shit. the steering wheel isnt adjustable, so where it sits is where it sits, fuck you if you arent a 5'6'' asian man. same issue with the shifter for me, its position is awkward, there is no comfortable way to rest your hand there when cruising.

The powerband is dissapointing. I've pretty extensively driven an ap2, and its flat out boring in a straight line, which we all have to admit will be what the car spends the majority of its time doing. Its gutless until 6k, and by the time you feel the power its time to shift already.

the gas milage is fucking horrible. 18 city is a fucking joke for a 2.2l honda, and its tank is small enough, that youre filling up enough to think about how much you spend on gas, since its premium.

something that I dont ever see mentioned is the size of the windshield. It feels like youre driving a hot wheels. The s2k what built and designed in an era that required thick ass A pillars, and decent rollover protection, unlike something comparable but older, like an NA miata. I never really got over how tiny and dinky the windshield feels, it honestly made me feel less confident in the car because it actually makes you think youre driving some little toy car.

now for the subjective part.

theyre fucking ugly when bone stock. They look good enough when they get lowered and some decent wheels on them, but my god are they ugly cars in stock form.

All of this being said, its your fucking money op. I've had cars that I've dreamt of owning and then bought, that after buying I hated, and Ive had cars that I never thought that I would like, that I bought and absolutely fell head over heels for (Currently building/ restoring a barn find integra, didnt imagine that one in my future 2 years ago.). Go find what actually speaks to you in a car, and then go find the car that fulfills your desires.

This. S2000s are approaching those prices now days anyway

>muh hotlinking
Fucking Photobucket

For me, If I was thrown 20k and said to pick something rwd, light, fun, and something I'll love, here are my options.

>s13 240sx, rb25 built to 320 wheel.
>ae86. 4age black top, probably turbo'd
>Ive had a miata, so been there done that
>mk3 supra? could build an awesome one with 20k
>salvage gt86 +2jz or rb (are there kits made for the rb yet?)
>r32 skyline, pretty sure those are doable in the us for ~15k
>older genesis coupe? kinda on the heavy side

this
s2k is cool, but the c5z has a glorious v8 so I'd pick that..
the 911 is kinda 'smithers', if you know what I mean...

Used Scion FR-S goes for about $14-16k depending where you live, performs similarly to the s2000, and I think looks better.

If you don't care about having a newer car with newer features, any Japanese sport(y) car from pic related would do.

>$15k FRS
>$5k supercharger kit
bretty gud

>$20k to spend
996 911, 987 Boxster, C5Z if you can find one (you probably can if you're in the US).

>it's a "you need power to have fun" episode

this won't help you at all but i was following a S2000 yesterday and another S2000 appeared in the oncoming lane and they waved at each other and that got me in the feels because i rarely get waved back by other people with the same car

>I want to turn around and look back every time I park and walk away. I want something special.
i do this and my car's not really that special (miata NC)

My Boxster makes the same power as an FRS and weighs the same too, yet makes plenty more torque and I still consider it too weak for the weight it's carrying around

>but muh French tin can

What do you drive?

get a Miata for 5k and a few simple mods of your choice.

Different user but read the last part of his post

Man, reading is hard

Maybe Miata fuccbois only care about muh popups, or they're all being replaced with stance fags

This might be the worst review of an S2000 i've ever seen.

6' 150lbs and the seats are fucking amazing. Everything you said is so piss poor.

Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer

dude you really need to put on some weight you damn skeletor

Buy an E30.
>$5k for a clean one
S52 swap it or turbocharge the M20. Do not fucking LS swap an E30 or I will find you.
>$5k on either swapping or rebuilding an M20
BIlstein shocks, strut bars, reinforce the subframes and trailing arms.
>$3k
5-lug swap and find the widest wheels you can fit and still hit steering lock.
>$3k including wheels
HUEG BRAEK kit
>$2k
Spend the last $2k on the interior and anything else that's probably broken (looking at you, fuel pump). Steering wheel, dildo shift knob, ricer lights, power window motors, standalone ECU (run a MAP sensor instead of the fucktarded barn door airflow meter). If you're a gayboy you can also swap in a limited slip diff instead of the open diff that they come with. I think the iS models came with an LSD or something.

An E30 with a built engine is fast as fuck in a straight line, and the suspension is great for twisties. Also the gearboxes are top notch.

just test drive one and see

don't listen to this guy

Also if you find a 325e, they're stroked out from the factory. The M20B25 (comes in the 325i) is 2.5L, and the M20B27 (comes with the 325e) is 2.7L and has much smaller intake valves and a smaller throttle body.

Turns out, you can slap the top end of an M20B25 onto an M20B27 and have what's effectively a 2.8L M20B25 (you gain a bit because the combustion chamber is a little larger in the B25 head).

If you find a junkyard car or a parts car to pull from, you can do that for pretty cheap too. Owning an E30 is as much of a hobby as driving that E30.

Well its a completely honest review from my pov, the seats have padding thats too thin, and bolsters that hold me in worse than the seats in my integra under hard cornering.

I agree for him to test drive and see if he likes it, its really the best way to check out a car, but I heard all the hype and decided to get some seat time in a buddy's s2k and was incredibly disappointed

>telling other people to accomplish your dream build

>the seats are shitty for anything that makes you drive longer than 10 minutes
I've spent entire days of +500 miles in mine without issue. They're more comfortable than other sports cars I've driven, and very supportive (I'm 6'0" and ~175 lbs).
>The powerband is dissapointing
Keep it in VTEC, same as any other Honda.
>the gas milage is fucking horrible. 18 city is a fucking joke
I've never seen mileage that low, even when I drive the card hard for an entire day. Mid 20s at the very least.
>something that I dont ever see mentioned is the size of the windshield
Because I've never heard anyone complain about it before.

>the seats have padding thats too thin
You must not drive many performance vehicles if you think S2000 seats are thin.

Buy one, and sooner than later. Prices are on the way up, and clean examples are slowly disappearing.

They're great cars to drive. The transmission is excellent, everything is stiff and tight, there's enough power to have fun, and it takes corners in just the right way. It's an enjoyable car to drive fast that will keep your attention without scaring you.

can confirm, love my s2000; it's an 05