ITT : Features That Should Be Standard On All Cars

ITT : Features That Should Be Standard On All Cars

This

>get rear ended
>dust bag explodes all over car
>die of lung cancer 5 years later

How about don't eat in the car. even as a child i got autistic over other kids eating in my mom's car.

or just buy a shop vac

I feel you on that but my mom literally encouraged everyone to eat in her suv, my dad on the other hand was adamantly against it

I'm like my dad, no one eats in my car

>becaues only food is the only thing that gets cars dirty

What is dirt, leaves, sticks and other random shit. It's not a spaceship nigga, there's no airlock to sanitze you before you enter you sperg.

>no one eats in my car

Surely you eat in your car, right? I just bought a plastic cafeteria tray from the Dollar Store and keep it tucked in the pocket behind my passenger seat. I pull it out, put it on my lap, and can eat sandwiches in there without making a mess.

but i don't need seat warmers, it doesn't get that cold here

I have seat warmers in cloth seats in Texas and it's max comfy. Helps while you wait for the engine to warm up.

But most cars are manual in base trim already, even in America.

>I feel you on that but my mom literally encouraged everyone to eat her out in her suv, my dad on the other hand was adamantly against.

That's actually a good idea man

The most I've eaten in my car was like a piece of beef jerky or protein bar, really like to keep the interior clean because I don't want to have to vacuum it all the time.

I gotta get one of those trays

Not most mid size sedans or full size. Even bimmer is doing away with those:/ is just the compacts

What is that? poop tube?

OP is a soccer mom.

this

I wonder how cute his dick is

manual parking brakes are gay as fuck

feels like grabbing a dick everytime you want to hold your car

Don't you need your foot on the brake to release those things?

>closeted fag

This sounds like a really autistic thing to do, but at the same time I want to try it now.

No thanks, I need my handbrake for large hill starts. It's kind of difficult for me to heel toe my car

>Surely you eat in your car, right?

...no?

>shifting your own gears
I'm not poor ty very much

kenny is a fag

I googled a picture of climate control
Don't know who Kenny is

Kenny is truly an awful person.

All cars already have alternators what are you on about

Will you pay me to fuck your gf/wife?

>muh manual
Just kys already.

If a car has one touch up and down windows, why doesn't it have both driver and passenger?

I have a shop vac for that.

Proper adults don't have enough time to sit down and eat a meal. You eat where you can.

Oh so we all can hit tractor trailers and median barriers?

Still can't believe a Citroen shitbox is the only car to offer an integrated dashcam.

It is illegal to eat in your car unless you are parked.

heated windshield

I think the fusion actually has a manual option. I'm pretty sure it did at least.

In Eurocuck maybe, not here in the Freedom states.

I don't understand why I can't order every trim with this.

Like for fucks sake I don't see a "9 speed automatic" as a luxury feature! !! ! ! !

I see it as literally cucking the car.

Thus was life living in communist controlled cailjovorika

but N/A cars are the best ones to put turbos on

Mapleland.

for OP

I know this isn't really saying something that has to do with this thread but ETC should stop being put on econobox cars with 4 piston engines seriously pointless to be put on those anything with more pistons I don't care but keep them away from 4 bangers they suck ass

nope

That's an automatic handbrake? How do you operate it?

It has auto hold. Evolution of Hill assist. It keeps your brakes applied until you hit the gas. Button below parking brake

My coupe does

Pull up to turn it on push down to turn it off

>Just like a normal handbrake
>Except the control is tiny and more difficult to locate without looking
Seems much less inconvenient to have to reach around for that tiny thing every time you come to a stop. I'll stick with the normal handbrake daysoo.

so replacing a physical part with a digital one
what could go wrong

Some cars do, some cars don't. Majority don't, even 2018 models. This thread is things that should be standard.

>reach around for that tiny thing
do you also have to search for the volume knob and door locks every day?

there's plenty of valid complaints against electronic parking brakes and you found the stupidest fuckin' non-reason possible. good job.

Can you put your finger on the '4' key of your stereo without looking or referencing anything nearby? Gee, it's almost as though some things are easier to reach without seeing than others!

the specific number? probably not. the volume knob, any of the main controls, the temp knob, parking brake, any steering wheel control and the door locks? yeah.

it's not hard. do you have difficulty remembering where things are at? it's a genuine curiosity, because the reason buttons (and not faggoty touch controls) are important is that you CAN find them without looking.

you don't look for your current handbrake, right? because you remember where it is in relation to the rest of your body? you don't look to see which gear you're shifting into to make sure.

time eases all pains. I assure you it will ease the hunt for the smaller parking brake.
that all said electronic parking brakes are stupid because why the fuck do we need a motor and electricity to run the parking brake just make a god damn cable driven manual one, it doesn't have to be fuckhuge. a small lever with good mechanical leverage would do fine.

>Surely you eat in your car
I do not. And don't call me Shirley.

Washington state just went overboard with new distracted driving regs and eating is in there too

This.
How the fuck are they not standard equipment like having a radio and shit?

Is it overboard though?

because not everyone wants a camera forced upon them that watches everywhere they go and everything they do. Especially if said camera comes straight from the manufacturer of said car. who knows what kind of meddling the gov will do in that.

>2+ hr commute 7 days a week
>Jerking off my car the whole way there and back through traffic
I'm thinking of getting a manual as a back up/weekend car but manual just doesn't always work.

Natural gas fuel cells...
>Does not require a transmission to achieve freeway speeds
>No oil change necessary
>No expensive battery to replace
>Does not run on hydrogen
>Supports domestic energy
>More efficient than combustion engines
>Not annoyingly loud

>Literally destroying earth so nobody can be alive let alone drive.

Have you seen what hydrofracking actually does? You sound like the people natural gas send in to areas where they want to buy out
>Think of the good you will do
>safer than hybrid technology, no batteries to pollute.
>Better than coal for ozone

Little do they tell you it will literally rot the earth.

CNG tanks are also serious fucking business. Someone find that gif of the one exploding at filling and killing the dude's wife instantly while he bleeds out on the ground, half conscious.

No thanks.

>How the fuck are they not standard equipment like having a radio and shit?

Because some people like living in freedom? Why the fuck would I record all the illegal shit I'm constantly doing? I guess if you're in Europe and you're used to be on cctv 24/7 it's not a big deal.

That's actually a really good idea

In my country there's a book called Subterra pretty much everyone reads in school describing the life of coal miners in the early 19th century. One of the aspects in the books deals is how there wasn't one bed per worker in the company-provided housing, so by the end of their shift they went to sleep in already warm beds, the book describes this as unhygienic and very humiliating, the life's of these men was so deprived they didn't even have the luxury of having their own individual bed. This is one reason I think most people in my country hate heated seats and I've never seen it outside huge high-lux sedans and SUVs.

this
as much of a convenience it is, the very fact that it is convenient is why it sucks

better to simply do it yourself

>can't disengage handbrake with battery disconnected
Yeah no

Exactly. My father knows a guy with a cng converted car in Europe. He says and these are his words
>"This thing is like a ticking time bomb, sure its better on fuel but this thing "WILL" go off some day"
Not worth it imo. I drive an economical suv(subcompact crossover) as my daily and it suits me fine. I fill up with like less than 20 for the week as my commute is fairly small 20 miles one way so 40 miles. I hardly use 2 full gallons of fuel a day and always have like 2-3 gallons left..I think its like a 12/13 gallon tank. Fuck hybrids, fuck natural gas, I want to live in a world where gas cars become so economical 20 dollars would last like a month...yeah your normie 4chaner will probably call me a cuck or a bitch for this logic but fuck them. I want to be around for a bit and I definitely want my kids to be able to breath actual air without having to use a respirator in there senior years. This said..even my fun car is pretty much non offensive in regards to fuel...its a v6 but its fun enough and I like it. We need to elevate ourselves and start making some changes or else shit will get real bad.

Forgot to mention I am a bit more disciplined than your average person. I unplug virtually everything in the house that isn't being used (obviously except the fridge) Unfortunately the house has a gas furnace which I hardly use anyways since the house is semi attached so It can retain the heat pretty ok. IT kicks on maybe 3 times a day for like 5 minutes...at least it keeps my 2 couch potatoes cozy. I hardly use any electric anyways since I work overnights so I'm always home during the day so I don't have to turn on lights to do a lot anyways. Try to be a bit more conscious guys. This shit doesn't come from thin air. Its likely something is being destroyed so you can keep your shit plugged in and other trivial stuff.

So you're both also American anti Vaxers too right?

>pay $2100 for Hondamemevac
Or
>pay $130 for a quality wet/dry vac

If you want to talk about air quality, the small vehicle really isn't the worst offender. It's heavy industry and heavy marine applications. Having an efficient car does help, but it's not much good when the trucker in the lane over is puking black smoke with his fucked up 20 year old V8 diesel engine. Gas engines are low on the list. Especially newer generation gas engines. They're getting better than anything anyone could have dreamed up even 20 years ago.

If you really, really want mind blowing gas mileage, get a motorcycle. 60 city mpg and 0-60 in 4 seconds. A scooter will legit get you 100 mpg. They're slow and gay and SO DANGEROUS, but it's possible.

But yes, CNG on a mass scale looks great in theory, but long term, it's not practical just because of the safety of pressure vessels. You can't trust people to change their oil. Good luck getting them to have their 40 bar gas tanks checked every 6 weeks.

Implying vaccines are any good.
Wasn't it proved that flu vaccinations are fucking stupid and sometimes don't do shit? You do realize that vaccinations only allow a stronger flu to come out? Why do you think they have to make a new one every year? I have gotten sick with the flu like once every 5 years or so and shit it might of even been food poisoning .

>Get a motorcycle with 1 gallon fuel capacity and fuel up every day.

if i cut the cats off my v8 engines exhaust do you get triggered?

no?

You need to move closer to your job.

You are so dumb it makes me angry.
Do you not understand the concept of herd immunity?

>2 hour drive to work
>everyday of the week
Sure I believe you 100%

What are you saying?

seeing that clip in my view would drive me crazy

My 2001 Volvo has it too but I don't think it would be standard. Anyone who tries to use it gets frustrated within 10 seconds because it doesn't stop where you want it to ever. I usually end up doing the windows for everyone

>don't think it would be standard.
>don't think it SHOULD be standard

fpbp

I was thinking the same thing. I like manual cars but...

There's a hill to and from work where everyone in the morning doesn't know how to use their sun visors and literally slow down to get over. I'm talking about 15 mph crawl to almost dead stop. On the way back everyone going down hill literally slowing down because they don't know how to just lay off the accelerator. Some actually ride the brakes until everyone comes to a crawling stop.

It's bad enough to deal with these shit heads in an automatic everyday for 45 minutes. I'd go crazy in a manual.

>carrying 5kg of dead weight around

Like it matters in a 4000lb van. Even with the vac it's still faster than most cars on Veeky Forums / europe.