Are James Bond movies the only American films the only films where British and European cars are made out to be cool...

Are James Bond movies the only American films the only films where British and European cars are made out to be cool and manly?

(excluding super cars)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hbhyz9hMcd4
youtube.com/watch?v=gxFGhQsaSwI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bond films are British.

>Are James Bond movies [...] American films

Financed by America.

I am highly under the impression that American media makes out like British and European cars are gay and feminine.

I am willing to change my opinion though if given the right evidence.

>American films
Wrong.
>Financed by America.
Wrong.

Think of an American film that makes affordable European cars look cool.

I can't think of an American film that makes affordable American cars look cool though.

>oh cool they're chasing each other in Ford Tauruses and Impalas

Jumpy old cop cars movies best movies.

Eon Productions (an abbreviation of Everything or Nothing) is a British film production company that produces the James Bond film series. The company is based in London's Piccadilly and also operates from Pinewood Studios in the United Kingdom.

>old cars
There's your answer. Modern affordable cars from both sides are dull.

Really?

>Knight Rider
>cool

if anything that show damaged the coolness of those cars

you had one chance to post a cool affordable car and you picked fucking knight rider. what the fuck.

Thats because British and European cars are gay

American manufacturers invented the import laws to protect their shitty and overpriced cars. Chessmate.

>I am highly under the impression that American media makes out like British and European cars are gay and feminine.
Are you kidding? It's pretty much traditional at this point that the villain in an American movie drives a European car. America loves to make anything British and Euro seem scary and evil.

please stop

Still not an example of European cars being portrayed in a good light from American media then.

Now you're just moving back the goal posts. Your original problem was them being portrayed as gay and feminine, now your problem is them being portrayed in a bad light because they're used by villains?

Can you not read between the lines or do you think everything needs to be taken literally and see everything as a reason to argue?

Read
The

James Bond is not an american franchise.
It is not financed by americans.
Learn to read, summerfag.

Ronin?
Alright, "affordable" is debatable but the car chase between the BMW 5-series and the Peugeot 406 is one of the best movie car chases ever.

>Ronin

Takes place in France.

It was directed by an American, it was written by an American, it was produced by Americans, it was distributed by an American company.

Have you seen the driver its old but for newer movies there is transmorphers and some of the fast and the furious. Audiences aren't that interested in cars and stuff anymore.

JAN wick

Kinda hard to put a 92 Corvette ZR1, 68 Mustang or a 70 Satellite in a car movie set in France.

Gone in 60 Seconds has Astons, Mercedes Benzs, Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, etc.

Obviously the star of the movie is a Mustang, with a Hummer and Escalade coming in second, but the others were there for sure. Fact is, the Mercedes Benzs were a major plot point.

Saving Private Ryan takes place in France, is it not an American movie now?

Learn to be less stupid. Americans make films set all over the world.

Are you forgetting the F&F movies?

There aren't very many desirable American cars.
Its just life. There are many car collections that don't even have 1 of them

Unlike Saving Ryan's Privates, there was one fucking American character in the entire movie. It's a Yuropoor film.

No serious car collection leaves out American cars entirely.

>388 replies and 240 images omitted. Click here to view.

The Italian Job (2003) featured Minis in a favorable light.

Keanu always drove a Porsche. He never wanted to replace it but it was stolen while he was gone filming a movie, so he got a new one.

The only desirable ones are the classics and the Ford GT. Pic related
Its sad really.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hbhyz9hMcd4

>Alfas sexier than the Aston Martin

Also rich people don't by Vipers for some reason.

Transporter
Cannonball Run
Italian Job
Sword fish
Austin powers

It was produced and distributed by American film companies, its credited as an American Film in every film database. You are just memeing now. Seven Years in Tibet had one American actor in it (Brad Pitt) playing a German climber, but you will tell me its a tibetan movie? Well it was also produced and distributed by American film companies.

The people paying for the film (the production companies and distribution companies) are what make the film a product of that country not the setting, or the nationality of actors, or the director or anything else irrelevant.

You have no idea what you ate talking about.

>its another ameridumb thread

Here's the long answer: affordable American cars are utter fucking shit. One of the later Lethal Weapon sequels has a chase with a Pontiac Grand Prix, but there shouldn't have been a Lethal Weapon series in the first place

The Need for Speed movie has a bunch of European cars in the spotlight.

That has nothing to do with my post. Who are you replying to? There are more than one person in this thread.

The post that you replied to was arguing that American Films like Ronin are indeed American films because they were created by Americans despite having a setting in a foreign country. The Borne Identity was set in Europe primarily and had one American star surrounded by European costars and is also an American movie because it was payed for by American film studios. That's how it works. It doesn't matter if most of the cast was not American, or if it was set in another country. If it was made by an American film studio its an American movie and is credited as such in film databases.

That's the point if my post. Please tell me what lethal weapon and Pontiacs have to do with that?

Is Veeky Forums really filled with people who can't read? This is dismal.

Shame the movie was trash.

Yes it was bad but its an American film with European cars not portrayed as gay or effeminate, thus disproves OP.

Best part of movie right at start. Even then, it was a terrible chance. The camera cutting is awful.

But those Alfa 159's, my god 10/10

That's because Euros have literally zero taste whatsoever. It's all faux gaudy garbage. A European is literally incapable of having subtle and sophisticated class.

>implying europoors can afford any euro hypercar
Those cars are built specifically for their Arab overlords and you know it.

Mercedes Benz is American?

> It's all faux gaudy garbage
Nigga that's what American affordable muscle cars are. Big engines for the sake of being big, big over the top looks but extremely horrible handling.

you're right, truly sophisticated and intelligent people drive dodge vipers and corvettes.

>sophisticated and intelligent people drive dodge vipers and corvettes

That might be the first time in the world this sentence has ever been used.

I like the Viper, but there is nothing sophisticated or subtle about it. That is why I like it.

I kinda want a fwd impala ss/HFV6 engine after seeing Drive.

That's because they care about actual performances if someone made an old-school supercar no one would buy it even if they own a countach.

>007
>american

like $60k+ for a knight rider replica in my country you fucking prick

your mom is cool and manly, op

Rich people also don't buy shit on a stick and call it food for some reason.

>I can't think of an American film that makes affordable American cars look cool though.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe Captain America movies favor Chevrolet cars.

Cars in the Marvel movies are unnoticed besides whatever Tony Stark drives to show off his money, which is usually something Euro. The only cars I remember seeing are just Impalas or Tahoes driven by shield.

>Tony Stark drives to show off his money
>which is usually something Euro

Ok, so what am I looking at here?

youtube.com/watch?v=gxFGhQsaSwI

Who invented this kind of shit?

>protip: not the Europoors