Why do people buy such a useless, expensive, inconvenient car?

why do people buy such a useless, expensive, inconvenient car?

>California
There's your answer. If only they'd stay in their containment state instead of spreading.

>supersharter.
It's like getting a free gas card for the life of the vehicle

What is going on in the picture?

Another shitpost thread of teslafags btfo. I hope this thread 404s or is removed by the mods for being utter shit.

They're all lined up wait to get to the super charger in the back ground.

Does mommy need kiss the little Tesla shill's butthurt and make it go away?

>They're all lined up wait to get to the super charger in the back ground.

What the fuck are they going to do when all the 3s flood the streets?

get the fuck out of here you fag ass nigger.

i hope to see a generator in the trunk

Fuck If I know.

And then the subsequent news story where a Tesla fag dies of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

look at the liberal havin a meltdown

Thanks for the (you)s shitposting fags

delicious

anytime pham

Yes I hop in my prius every day stickerbombed with coexist and lbgbgbsbbsbtbt. I enjoy bashing Trump on my tumblr and defending the honor of people who like electric cars on a Chinese cartoon imageboard. Not a day goes by that I don't mourn for those powerful brave women who are too afraid to walk alone at night. I shaved my head on both sides but left the top there. I'm fat disgusting and hairy. I am liberal. At least i don't sell a rusted charger shell for 20 grand cause I know what I got.

I don't understand the hate for Teslas on here. They are very fast, handle well and look beautiful. Could it be that combustioncucks are insecure about their outdated transportation methods?

Face it, you're on the wrong side of history. Crude oil reserves are going to dry up eventually and we'll all be driving electric cars, whether you like it or not.

Luckily they are pleasant to drive thanks to their large power-bands unlike special snowflake combustion engines which require specific revs to deliver power necessitating fucking gearboxes.

They are virtually silent and produce barely any heat, so all that energy is going to actually moving the wheels instead of needless heat, noise and vibration, and they don't need to idle when stopped, or require starter motors. They are literally superior in EVERY FUCKING WAY.

People who hate on electric cars remind me of the idiots in the 1900s who tried to ban cars in order to protect horse and carriage as the primary mode of transport. History will look back on you fucks with scorn.

So, enjoy pumping flammable liquids into your shitburners while it lasts.

Progress is inevitable. Deal with it.

is this a new pasta?

The only thing that i don't understand is if oil dries up then how will we produce the electricity for the electric cars? I doubt liberal fags will accept nuclear power

>They are very fast, handle

Don't they have really bad track times though?

Being fast with good handling should equate to good track times.

natural gas, renewables like solar and wind, and nuclear

>he thinks oil isn't involved in 90% of what MAKES the car
LOL.

Fuck off, Randy. Go put a fuckin' shirt on

>what is supply and demand and market rationing effect
>what is recycled plastic
>what is renewable plastic
>what are plastic alternatives

>what are things not used in the production of teslas because they're super fucking expensive

just imagine being this delusional

fuck off

Governments around the world are already putting laws in place mandating that no new combustion cars be sold after 2035

>renewables like solar and wind
this is what they actually believe.

That's just the French, though. The French are retarded and can barely be considered people.

>handle well
Its over 5000 pounds its the epitaph of what ISNT handling well.

If we covered 1/4 of the sahara desert in solar panels we could meet all of earth's energy needs

>governments
only retarded ass france.

>some retarded "science" magazine wrote some dumb article

I don't hate Tesla's personally quite the contrary, I like them same with electric and hybird cars I think the tech as allot of uses (not that electric cars are new by any strech)

What I do hate is the people who think they're gods gift to the world. Or that they're going to miraculously solve any and all energy issues when Fossil fuels go into making them and those mines for the batteries are fucking awful for the environment, neither of which are electric car issues, but infrastructure issues. But yeah I don't hate Electric cars, hell I've been interested in the future of them since the pic related I don't get why people think liking them and combustion engined cars are mutually exclusive though.

>If we covered 1/4 of the sahara desert in solar panels we could meet all of earth's energy needs
this is what they actually believe...

That

spacing

>some scientists who conduct experiments for a living did some calculations but some basement dweller on Veeky Forums said they're wrong

Welp, guess they must be wrong then

>some scientists who conduct experiments for a living did some calculations
i bet they did those calculations in their basement

>some basement dweller on Veeky Forums said some scientists who conduct experiments for a living did some calculations and you have to believe me or you're wrong
Welp, guess I must be wrong then

wow man you're going fukushima all over this thread

No some retarded journalist googled "how much energy does the entire world use" then divided it by the number of solar panels he thinks he needs at 100% efficiency because he thinks the solution is really as simple as that when really he ignores every logistical issue including actually supplying the energy and moving it.

You really think some massive magic problem solving issue is abandoning the entire US supply of energy so we can "ship energy from the sahara desert" as if its as simple as an A-->B plan?

This is why these retarded "scientists" are the biggest frauds in any industry, You'll never see a real engineer suggest any of this dogshit because they know it won't work. They come up with dogshit like "solar powered water bottles" and "nuclear powered cars can run on 8g of fuel for 100 years" bullshit because they're fucking retarded

Lol this is a new level of stupid.
1. A project like that would require trillions of dollars in initial investment
2. A pprject that expansive would have a disastrous environmental impact (ironic)
3. Huge majority of energy generated would be lost in storage and transportation inefficiencies

That idea is braindead retarded

Where do you live?

same shit with the nuclear powered cars

>oh yea the nuclear reactor itself is about the size of a large propane tank
>no I don't think we need that 18 foot thick barrier of concrete to absorb radiation
>no I didn't consider that 99% of the energy out of 8g of thorium is lost as heat

>United States
There's your answer. If only they'd stay in their containment country instead of spreading.

Oh yea and I bet he didn't think of the fact that if solar panels get above a certain temperature their efficiency will drop in half because of the heat. Nope didn't do any research on thermodynamics or what the cost was or how the efficiency problem would be solved.

I bet if some retards did that they would get a massive deficit like austrailia did where they spent MORE money on maintenance of the solar panels than electricity they actually produced.

Here's hoping they have an "lol gas" vanity plate.

Retarded spergs detected. Are you so autistic you think the scientists were literally SUGGESTING covering part of the sahara desert with solra panels?

Obviously fucking not, it is an example to illustrate how we wouldn't require many solar panels to meet our energy needs. Your probably think you're really smart for pointing out that solar panels aren't 100% efficient as if they didn't take that into account. You remind me of that annoying nerdy looking kid in class who wasn't particularly smart but thought he was and tried to start arguments with the teacher over irrelevancies

Don't forget that most of those solar pannels would be covered in sand anyway

>Retarded spergs detected. Are you so autistic you think the scientists were literally SUGGESTING covering part of the sahara desert with solra panels?
No scientists actually suggested any of that.

>its an example to illustrate
how retarded "science" journalists are.

>the lengths of cognitive dissonance combustiontards will go to in order to protect their echochamber

Literally all we were saying is your example was fucking retarded.

>you're a conservatard for pointing out how ludicrous and flawed the example of putting a bajillion solar panels across the sahara would be.

I'm all for electric, I'm just saying your popscience factoid was embarrassing.

Ok then if oil dries up how will you: Make the tires that go on it, Make the plastics that go in it, make the wiring that goes in it, and transport all of that shit plus more to the factory itself?

Not to say that Oil can't dry up but if magically all cars would turn into electric tomorrow, there will still be a need for oil.

>free gas for life card
That only dispences $10 of gas at a time?

This picture's great. Tesla's catching on. Of course this is the bay area though, not representative of the US yet. I live in the south and only see a few every now and then, but will be pleased to see more teslas and other electric and alternative-power vehicles on the road very soon

HOW FUCKING DUMB ARE YOU

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE RATIONING EFFECT OF THE MARKET

WHEN THE SUPPLY OF CRUDE OIL SHRINKS, OIL PRICES WILL RISE

THIS MEANS IT IS MORE LIKELY TO BE BOUGHT FOR APPLICATIONS WITH LESS SUBSTITUTES LIKE PLASTIC THAN POINTLESSLY ON PETROL AND DIESEL WHEN THERE IS ELECTRIC ALTERNATIVES EASILY AVAILABLE

LITERALLY 7TH GRADE ECONOMICS ARE YOU THIS FUCKING DUMB A{EAGFAHHPPPO EVMENJLSMELJF KCSMLMDKC FDMLKCLVD NJKBFKS S

>muh supply and demand

The immense irony of this post.

fuck off bobandy, you and your dirty ol gut full of cheeseburgers.

>heh thats ironic xD

thanks for your informative post

kys

Cause blackouts.

>handle well
No
>look beautiful
From the outside, yeah.
>ICE needs gearboxes, electric dont
Call back after you've gone past 60mph
>produce barely any heat
Hence why they overheat when driven properly hard, as for the tests that prove the tesla is fast guise (run an ICE hard = burn off carbon deposits. run an EV hard = rape it.)

they're more energy efficient but less useful for what we use our cars for

hooning around and listening to euronbeat

take the electric motor out of cars, i say, and use it for public transit. anyone taking a fucking tesla just to move fewer people than can fit in the space of a fucking tesla, so inefficiently that complex self driving systems or strict driver education are needed to safely move a busload of people crammed into tesla is fucking scum.

at least an ICE can offer you the range, convenience, flexibility, and longetivity.

the tesla? as a road going vehicle, compared to a car, it is a TOY. as with motorcycles and muh power:weight, muh energy efficiency is trivia that has little to do with the real world uses of the vehicle.

Bio fuel

>it is an example to illustrate how we wouldn't require many solar panels to meet our energy needs

You realize that the Sahara Desert is covers more area than the entire United States (Alaska and Hawaii included) right? 1/4 of that sounds like a FUCKLOAD of solar panels to me.

Fuck that, just fill it with nuclear reactors. Fallout? No problemo.

Nuclear reactors dont spew any "fallout"

Sorry, it's a lost less than 1/4

So show me where Oil supplies have shrunk? And Oil prices have gone up?

Is that why gas is 1.70 right now at the local gas station?

>We'll have thousands of square miles of solar panels
>It's not like sandniggers are going to steal them or anything
>It's not like sandniggers are going to destroy them because "DEATH TO THE WEST"
>It's not like it would be nearly impossible to accomplish even without sandniggers involved

Unless they blow up, then they do.

But the main problem is that they require a water source as a back up to prevent China Syndrome.

The Sahara desert is 3.55 million square miles

To cover one quarter of it, you would need one million square miles of solar panels.

Do you understand how fucking retardedly impossible that is?

I think the Pros of EVs outweigh the Cons by a lot.
>Uses energy more efficiently
>Less chance of mechanical failure
>Lower cost of fuel
>Rapid acceleration
>Fuel your car while you sleep
The only thing EVs really need to win is the cost of the car itself and needing a buildup of recharging infrastructure which are both doable in the long term
If i wasn't such a poorfag i would probably get a Bolt and say goodbye to the gasoline jews forever

Off urself mate

gas prices are flexible right now and can be low because we haven't exhausted the earth's crude oil

>Unless they blow up, then they do.
which they pretty much never do
>muh chernobyl muh 3 mile island
red herrings

see

I mean, it would literally be the largest building project mankind ever attempted, orders of magnitude larger than the pyramids or the great wall of China.

Hmm. Electric cars don't scale? Who knew...

remember thats RAW solar panels, no spacing in between

Gay sex is expensive useless and inconvenient too but you engage in it, OP.

>>Uses energy more efficiently
Won't disagree with this.

>Less chance of mechanical failure
The batteries won't last as long as pretty much ICE out there and like ICE, replacing them is akin to replacing, half or more of the value of the car.

The motors may be able run indefinitely but the batteries wont.

>Fuel your car while you sleep

Fuck doing it while I sleep I can refuel any of my vehicles in 5 mins or less.

>Lower cost of fuel
So long as electric costs stay low, but increase in demand (With more EVs on the road) would jack that price up.

>Rapid acceleration
For a few times yes but after that third corner launch shits gonna shut you down because its overheating.

deliberately ignoring are we?

wrong, based on a standard angled solar array with gaps inbetween

Keep autistically searching for childish criticisms to point out as if they haven't been thought of already though

>things they haven't thought of

how about the fact that if the solar panels get above 80F they lose upwards of half their efficiency because of heat degradation

whats the average heat in the sahara? probably 100+ easily.

None of these affect day to day usage, only long-term logistical concerns.

By the time those concerns are actually concerns, we will have moved beyond full sized personal transports and everyone will either walk or take public transit, with the exception of motorized, self-balacing two wheeliers limited to low speeds with automatic obstacle avoidance.

>wrong, based on a standard angled solar array with gaps inbetween
how about you actually cite some shit and if you post some popsci journalist website I'm gonna laugh

It took me over 9000 hours in Pinta to make that image, of course I didn't see your correction. Maybe you should've looked it up first before spouting off some random bullshit.

> >no I didn't consider that 99% of the energy out of 8g of thorium is lost as heat

but a nuclear reactor is supposed to produce heat, thats what it's for..

stay mad

No I'm saying you LOSE heat, the energy you actually use is a mere fraction of the fissile thorium's weight in energy.

The retards who wrote the article just converted 8g of thorium to its raw energy at 100% efficiency and assumed that was correct

> wouldn't require that many solar panels
> a quarter of the sahara fucking desert isn't a lot of space

well obviously, but it's still much more than you'd get out of any other source like solar, wind, burning fossil fuels, etc

>well obviously, but it's still much more than you'd get out of any other source like solar, wind, burning fossil fuels, etc
oh sure but putting a nuclear reactor into a car without any of the huge ass shielding isn't fucking retarded or anything

>not planning ten million years into the future because you're smart, but assuming that very little will change because you're not

yes, we will be taking the electric train before the thermal effeciency of ICEs is a serious concern
yes, we will be taking the electric train before petroleum reserves run even somewhat low
yes, we will be taking the electric train before teslas are as practical as ICE hybrids

but in the meantime, you gotta feel smug and superior somehow.

>So long as electric costs stay low, but increase in demand (With more EVs on the road) would jack that price up.
Electric utilities would have to build more generators to meet the increased demand but the price of energy used to fuel them would decrease due to less ICEs on the road burning fuel.

>Electric utilities would have to build more generators

>builds more machines that burn Fossil Fuels in place of old ICE's

>this is supposed to solve a problem.

No they would need to build more power plant like solar and wind which are less reliable and have their environmental impacts to serve any purpose.

Also the fact of building anything to accommodate increased demand will drive prices up.

>Electric utilities would have to build more generators to meet the increased demand but the price of energy used to fuel them would decrease due to less ICEs on the road burning fuel.
Last I checked, cars don't burn coal, crude oil, and a negligible amount burn natural gas.