cycle-ergo.com
sharp.dft.gov.uk/
crash.net
youtube.com/watch?v=SIcAUzTYqwk
hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/6206140471.html
youtube.com/watch?v=VVVih1GojPc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All bikes are shit

First time replacing chain. Is this riveted enough or should I apply more pressure?

Measure it, ya sperg. Christ, how do you people survive?

Why the fuck do you bother making the OP if you can't fucking do it properly?
is it hard to do or something?

there are some shitty pictures of what it should look like but thats it

Ok, so measure the width of the other links and see if your is the same. It looks like it's not going anyway to me, but might as well check.

Nobody gives a fuck about your favorite youtuber, fucking make proper editions again.

>including a bunch of useless links that no one uses

But of course people look at the 20 years old beginner guide or some retarded webms on a different board, right?

>being an autistic sperg lord who wants to troll new riders instead of letting them follow the links in the OP to answer their questions
just fuck off drobe.

mr maxwrist should get a suit that fits properly and stop hijacking the dbt

>bunch of false guides about how 600ccs are dangerous and are easy to loop
>useless links to riding position simulators
>useless map that is never updated about where other dbt members are

Please enlighten me what exactly is missing.

being to retarded to write DBT in the OP

>bunch of guides that stop nobikes from posting here because they click them
>helpful link to cycle ergo that lets nobikes see if they fit on what ever bike
>map that was updated yesterday

Try harder faggot, you are the only person who doesnt like the OP having that information and it is only so nobikes will post in dbt and you can troll them its fucking pathetic.

Thanks user.

>muh you can start on a liter peter if you're rossi logic

>he thinks a 600 is a suitable starter bike
600's are not 650's m8

What do you mean by that? 600s being common in zippy sportbikes and 650s being common in comfy adventure bikes and cruisers, some even single cylinder?

I mean 600's are too much for someone who has never ridden a bike before genius.
they have touchy throttles extremely touchy brakes and the room for error is marginal.

sure maybe a 600 for someone that grew up riding dirt bikes and is now getting their first road bike but that is just about the only time it is ever a good idea because that person would get bored of a smaller bike real fast.

Listen faggot, I don't even have a problem with the links. They just weren't included in the last two dbt threads and that's where I copied them from

I wish we could ban euros from here

Then don't post the OP next time if you are too dumb to go back 2 threads and copy the proper OP.

fuck you are a shit lord max.
I hope you get cleaned up by a semi or a bus when you cut a corner.

I don't even ride motorcycles

am i a big gay homo for considering the xsr700?
not really fond of the mt07s bug face

fucking cyclists always ruining everything.

I watch the webms with sound

If you think bringing a bike up to 8k before it gets any power is touchy, then you and them don't deserve to be riding

t. someone who has never ridden any 600's

>have $15k
>wat get?

used gf

what ever you want.
you can afford pretty much any bike made between 2010 and 2016.

already have one

>what ever you want.

what would you buy if you had 15k?

600s are slow as shit my dude.

Not an h2.... faggot

Scout with money left over

a te300.

Hey guys. I have a DL-1000, when I hit 100k Kilos the other the day it seemed like the clutch was slipping. I have it set to 4, after a decent trip of 45 minutes, it was jerking at a pull off like the clutch was grabbing and letting go then grabbing again. I set it to 3 and it went away. When I started and pulled off after work it was 100% fine even on 4.

Not the user you're arguing with but the 600s listed here are making only ~50hp at 8k rpm.
Whereas a ninja650 makes like 62hp unless these graphs im looking at are lying to me.

>set to 4...to 3
what? do you mean the clutch lever adjustment?
all the type ive seen don't actually pull on the clutch with the adjustment only the position of the lever - so 1 gives you the longest lever pull and 5 gives you the shortest for example but it doesn't really pull on the clutch more or less firmly only the range of clutch pull changed

/dbt/ map:
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Benchrace your buttocks:
>cycle-ergo.com

Benchrace your helmets:
>sharp.dft.gov.uk/

Benchrace in general:
>crash.net

zx6r is not a ninja 650 and a 650 can be restricted to 45hp until a rider is confident in their ability, a 600 can not.

Yes, the lever pull. Why I am worried, is the DLs clutch is hydraulic.

I'm aware they can be restricted but these beginners bike make the same power at 8k rpm as some of those 600 supersports. The only difference is the i4 can go further.

A smart learner could easily start on a 600 supersport

beginners be like
youtube.com/watch?v=SIcAUzTYqwk

My friend dropped his 2 week old Daytona in the parking lot of the bike shop yesterday. Kick stand wasn't down all the way. mfw

Q3?
Pilot power 2Ct?
What tire is best in life, dbt?

A smart learner is also literally smart, and therefore really good at figuring shit out fast, retaining that information, and being wise about things and performing methodical practices in relatively safe environments.

When you started riding your bike did you very gradually feel it all out in a parking lot or did you just see a familiar corner one day and say "fuck it, let's try going faster/trail braking/really exploding out of the apex"

a 600 can easily be restricted to 45hp by not pinning the throttle for multiple seconds at a time

And smart people do wheelies with these until they git gud.

Who here ever had a wheelie bar?

Used hp4. Best street/sport bike money can buy.

not shown: how fast you go from 8k to 12k rpm

>the 600 experience:
>v r r r r r r r rrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I started on dirt bikes so it was basically just smash through the dirt corners until you get good and not fall off into the sand

Street riding's kind of different. It's like dirt riding but you're always around small but stiff trees, sharp rocks, and tall cliffs. No "haha woops" crashes for you.

Intruder 700 guy from like 2 days ago here.

Got my permit on Thursday, title transfered on Friday, first ride this morning at 630(Sunday).

Been riding for the last 4 hours. Stalled a few times in traffic but funny enough while I was practicing in a large parking lot I didn't stall once even on my first acceleration.

This shit is so exhilarating. Why did nobody preach to me before?

I'm quite aware. Have been riding dirt for 12 years and road for 6 years.

Ripped my knee open a few times on some foot pegs and broke my wrist falling off the dirt bike at like 3km/h. Turns out enduro riding at night is a shit idea.

No road crashes....yet
I'm sure it'll happen eventually

Get a real bike, bro.

Glorious.

>Meanwhile, in Asia.

Nice meems!

I got my eye on a few options next summer. I'll head to my local dealer and probably buy a used bike somewhere in the 600 range. Small City, small highways, nowhere interesting to go within 80 miles except Canada.

>that fender/megaplate

Am i wrong to think this is a little overpriced?
hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/6206140471.html

oh jeez I want that 250rr

If you could knock him down to like 1800 it would be fine

He's flipping it. Dude probably bought it for 1k.

it's because manufacturers don't design around regs that much and just assume you'll chop shit off and replace it with technically illegal and ineffective flush mount/eliminated/integrated everything.

>designer: *draws bike with no fucking clue*
>lawyers: *adds dangly fenders because the designer didn't make the tail long enough or add room for a rear hugger, adds stalk turn signals because the designer didn't make the tail and head sections wide enough to meet legal spacing requirements*

More pictures. Super low miles which is awesome for an 06. But that doesn't stop rust or poor maintenance.

>bike I want has a factory lowered seat

Is there anything I can do about this or do I have to buy a standard seat?

the super low miles kind of worries me, like why would it only have 1000 miles on it

>he learned
what a surprise

>When you started riding your bike did you very gradually feel it all out in a parking lot or did you just see a familiar corner one day and say "fuck it, let's try going faster/trail braking/really exploding out of the apex

I said fuck it, lets try going faster. I have no tendies, can hold wheelies nearly indefinitely, am starting to get stoppies down, and have not dropped or crashed a bike in my 6 years of street riding.

Jumping on a liter bike or something similar is stupid with no experience, but ~65 hp isn't unmanageable, even for a beginner.

It´s a 250 so he probably got bored and wants a bigger bike

I've forgot my kickstand a time or two lol. Luckily I'm a pretty strong fella cuz that shit is embarrassing

That's way overpriced. You can get 2009-200 ninjettes for that price here, maybe with a bit more miles but still. I would'nt get caught up in looking for a super low mileage one, the bikes will run forever and you won't keep it long anyways.

Africa Twin

>suzuki used to design good looking bikes to be compliant with regulations
>tail lights and turn signals integrated into the original tail so people don't chop them off and replace them with 0.5 lumen chink signals
>the new GSXR1000 finally caught up to Modern Bike™ designs and make the tail too short and skinny to do its job and can't hold the lights anymore so it needs the big dangle hanging off
y

F Z 1 0
Z

It's so ugly it's beautiful

>the no honda fiero traiku

>take msf course
>13 women
>me and nip guy
>everybody passed except 2 hot chicks

>not allowing yourself to reach balance point, thus forcing the bad habit of chasing wheelies
scrub.
A smart person would learn to wheelie on a child sized dirt bike in their yard, learning basic use of the throttle, brake, and clutch in a wheelie and how to hold balance point. Then they would take it to their street bikes.

What even happens if you fail an MSF course?

Say "oh well," and just get the license anyways?

they're assuming that you're going to track it maybe

How do you even fail a MSF course?

In most states you can go take a quick multiple choice test and they will give you your permit. To get the actual license you need to either pass the MSF or the DMV skills test.

Can I find a 100hp naked bike for under 4k?

There's usually a turn from a stop exercise

if you stall during it, you fall. You fall twice you fail.

>falling twice is a fail

>You fall twice you fail.

my course was you fall you fail. this is for the final test.

You can get a mid 2000's Z1000 for that.

Is that an oil leak?

JS, that''s gorgeous I know google is available. But can you tell me anything else about it?

Probably, it's a Kawasaki.
No, I don't own one. Was just considering a newer one but bought an fz09 instead. I think they are kind of ugly personally, especially that gen but to each their own.

stopping with your tire touching the box by even a mm is 5 points

13 is fail

so basically touch the line on the stop in a box and another test and some ticky tack points elsewhere

thats what i was thinking

>want a sprint st 1050
>the insurance premium is about £500

Do you guys think I should get F800ST, VFR800 or sprint st 1050.

VFR800 is the cheapest by a longshot.

vfr
as long as you get the manual one

>mfw people in this thread actually trying to say 600s are fast

youtube.com/watch?v=VVVih1GojPc

They have no power after second gear. And even second gear is shit.

that whole video begins pretty much above legal speeds though.

Looks like 50km/h

>90 km/h
>above legal speeds
americucks