Tesla has the capacity to build 500,000 cars a year in 2018

Tesla has the capacity to build 500,000 cars a year in 2018

Will the model 3 kill the 3 series?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_3_Series#Production_and_sales
teslarati.com/new-model-3-photos-surface-pointing-300-mile-range-interior-details/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lol no
People dont want to pay about 5k for a new petrol tank every five years

I drive a lot and a sub 200 mile range is pretty fucking shit. Also I don't have a driveway so I can't charge it every night.

no BMW makes that many 3 series models alone.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_3_Series#Production_and_sales

lol. No because the 3 series is actually good.

5k? Are they only 3000Ah packs?

It's getting 300+ mile range

Lmao what is winter nigga

3 series shit interior and outclassed by audi and BMW.

Shit electric steering as well.

The bmw feels better than the Mercedes if you get the 340i only

You made this thread already and the consensus was a resounding no.

>3 series shit interior and outclassed by audi and BMW.

What did he mean by this?

>Tesla tards actually believe this

Largest battery it'll get is a 75kw

Wasn't he supposed to be in space by now too? You teslalets keep drinking that muskaid.

Model 3 is getting latest tech in batteries not the same as the S.
teslarati.com/new-model-3-photos-surface-pointing-300-mile-range-interior-details/

Thats it?

>with the windows up, ac off, all brightness to low/off, radio off

Yep, and it will work great for me

Mfw when I drove over 600 miles today to see family and didn't even need to stop for gas (based LS400)

Mfw I would have had to stop twice or more for who knows how long in a Tesla. Fuck that shit

Mfw I have no face

I would be happy with a lower end 215 mile pack. Wish they would just software lock it so I could save a few grand.

>Buy Telsa 3 with 300 mile range in 2018
>Buy new batteries 10 years later with 2018 technology
>Your 10 year tesla now gets 400 mile range

How come they don't advertise it like this?

Meant to say 2028* technology

They don't advertise at all because they can't keep up with demand to begin with.

You could always just rent a car on rare occurrence like that.

You can't really predict that. Plus then the talk of degradation bubbles up.

And if you've lived with 300mile range for 10 years, why would you *Need 400 miles all of a sudden? I'd rather trade it in and pay a bit more for the 2028 model 3 with 600 miles or whatever anyways

or even better, stretch your legs and rest for two sixty minute breaks on your ass long trip while you charge up.

I don't get the whole "I need to drive 700miles" thing - I'm already taking breaks every 275 miles or so, which means I don't really need 300+ miles ever. (assuming the supercharger network keeps expanding)

Patel, your bmw is garbage.

It's clear only a poo wouldn't understand that sentence.

> renting a car because the one I actually bought is shit

No thanks I'll just buy a good car.

Well it comes down to the needs of the consumer. I made that 620+ mile drive with one 5 minute stop to piss/shit stretch and munch. I made great time and my time is important to me. If you can live with regular breaks and the unknown of the supercharger network, than a Tesla might be great for you.

But you have to admit, the range disparity is a real problem and there are many like myself who drive over 300 miles in one sitting quite often and until EV range is increased, they might forever be relegated to the role of the city car. Just my 2 cents

you probably could have flown for the cost of that drive.

620 miles at 20mpg is 31 gallons of gas (keep in mind a fucking hellcat gets more than this on the highway) and at $3 a gallon that is $93

I get between 25 and 30 on the highway

Just checked the cars computer and my receipts. I averaged 26.7 today (98 LS400 not bad imo) gas was about 2.8 a gallon for 91-93 so 75$ it cost me basically

> my time is important to me
Damn, too bad it isn't worth much to your employer or you could afford something better than a $3k Toyota

Damn the low blows, user. Did you have a bad day? I'm a student with a low paying job yes. I could have financed something nicer by now but I'm not tapping into my savings when my 5k Lexus will keep running and running. It's common sense, really.

>Did you have a bad day?
Nah, just an easy setup with the 10000th
>Tesla will never be successful until they make a car with 1600 miles range for $2200 that does the Nurburgring in 4 minutes!
I never said any of those things but feel free to extrapolate all you want. My point is very real no matter how much you want to meme it. Don't really know why I'm taking to you though, you seem like a generally miserable person. GL user

No. I like simple lines in dashboard but this is too much.

I'm with you completely. Don't listen to him, he clearly took the first trade course he wouldn't be immediately kicked out of and he doesn't understand what it's like being an actual student

why are you electric faggots not driving on LPG its fucking cleaner

cheap, emissionless hydroelectric power in my state means that electric vehicles make both economic and environmental sense, at least for my lifestyle. this combination of factors clearly doesn't exist for everyone, and it would be silly to advocate one type of vehicle for all purposes.

I think people should be framing the EV option, as that, an option that makes a ton of sense for many short haul commuters.

I was considering this the other day:

Which is worse?

>tesla fags who know nothing about cars but assume tesla's are superior since they are all electric, zero emissions, futuristic interiors, blah blah blah

or

>your average ricer who knows nothing about cars but act like they are super into cars, never turn a wrench themselves, modify their cars to "stage 3" before selling it for a new one, and generally are fuccbois who vape etc etc

It's a tie for me.

>implying Tesla owners won't be buying the new model every 3 years like a cellphone

Tesla's appeal to tech geeks first and car enthusiasts last.

The first one, but I think that's just because I'm used to seeing the second one and I can't be arsed to care anymore.

>electric car
>rural area
>we need more range
>city area
>can't fucking charge it

I guess they're just fucked perhaps will be a good time to invest in towing business.

Uh oh, you'd better go warn all of the current EV owners that they will not be able to use their vehicles for your mentioned reasons. Clearly your dichotomy of examples is a full, truthful representation, and it is drawn from your personal experience with EVs and their change and charging availability

At least ricers are proud enough to stand by their cars. Tesla normies sell off their cars after the tires grow bald and blame the car for being dangerous.

>all towns are like mine

because as it stands right now, tesla pretty much looks like a scam.

they have sold around 150000 cars, judging by numbers out there no one even knows if they're real. they think laws of automobile market don't apply to them because of reasons. they lock you in to certified garages in order to have your car repaired, said garages can't get parts to fix your car and teslas response is lol who cares. right now tesla is literally a toy and should be used as such. they have yet to produce results on anything theyve promised. they have over promised and under delivered. why anyone keeps throwing money at them is beyond anyones guess, youve drank the juicero of the car market. enjoy.

i hope to god youre not fucking serious. lets assume for the sake of argument, its just the user doing this trip, id bet he had company. but anyway, just one guy a flight could be say $150 or more. THEN when you get there, you still have to get a fucking car to get where you need to go while you're there. OR if you don't have that need, you still have to take your shit with you, and that could add close to $100 to your plane ticket. It wouldn't be cheaper to fly nowhere even close even if he was paying $5 a gallon.