Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

Never Ever Edition

What's new?

>D.Va Hero Announced; Twilight's Hammer Mass Suicide
youtube.com/watch?v=UgJLvtx5PzI

>Heroes of the Storm 2.0; launching April 25th
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20695700/
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/
>Megabundles Announced; All players will be able to unlock up to 20 heroes for FREE
>Promotion ends May 22nd, 2017
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/megabundles/

>Genji Hero Announced; Releases on April 25th
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/genji/
youtube.com/watch?v=-SJgvzPRFEI
>Hamamura Battleground Announced; Releases on April 25th
us.battle.net/heroes/en/battlegrounds/hanamura/
youtube.com/watch?v=Dq5-18Vt-c0

>Veterans get some good loot when 2.0 drops
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20653218/

>For new players:
youtube.com/watch?v=wPk004vsjuE
>Which heroes should I buy?
Play all the heroes on free rotation or try mode and see who you like. Don't buy heroes just to get into ranked, you'll regret it.

>Current Weekly Sale
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20707874/
>Current Weekly Brawl
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20719811/
>Latest Patch Notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20696243/
>2.0 Beta Patch Notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20696241/

>Hero Rankings, Various Statistics, Talent Calculator, & Wiki
hotslogs.com/Default
heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator
heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Heroes_of_the_Storm_Wiki

>Current Tier List
robogrub.com/tierlist

>Where can I find you weaboos?
"/join Veeky Forums" in game chat

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/progression/
shuzzle.net/heroes20/bundles.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Live on EU in 1min

>only 6 battlegrounds in rotation

Do you get a box every game?

How do you get legendary boxes?

>the ass on cyberdemon zarya

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh thiqqqqqqq

NEW MAP SUCKS ASS

Is it possible to make Webms out of the replay files that this game makes?
If so, how?

>Play 3 games vs AI
>No matter how many games I play vs AI it never gets closer to completion
>Cant even get rid of it

What the fuck is this shit, and how do I fix it

holy shit why is this game so laggy

i don't remember it being like this a year ago

>six hour thread
I remember when they used to last days.

Not exactly.

Read about it here: us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/progression/

you play the file in hots and record it.

Wait what the fuck are gems good for
I happen to have 1,1k out of nowhere
Can I buy skins n shieet?
I really only want Azmodunk

>Cinematic wasn't Genji vs. Illidan (allusion to similar themes: Genji/Hanzo | Illidan/Malfurion).
>Maiev doesn't jump in to assist Genji
>BOOM HANZO SURPRISE ANNOUNCEMENT

that would have been 6.5/10 imo instead of the 5/10 we got.

Alright, I'm EU, just logged in, where the fuck are the megabundles?

>play chogall in qm for fun
>good co-ordination with friend
>50% of the games are great fun skirmishes with intense movement and teamwork
>50% of the games are absolute misery where the exp soak is too important to lose a body, they have a butcher with post, or people with giant killer
>can't play in unranked because people will just intentionally hard counter
we have so much fun playing him but it blows that 50% of the time you are absolutely fucked with no control over it and have to watch your slow loss unless the enemy team is fucking stupid

Maiev never getting in!

EU peasant here. Could I get a quick explanation on how to get the best out of my lootchests please?

when 2.0 was announced threads were lasting only 3.5-6 hours

>play during first Nexus event with a friend for Oni Genji
>have shitloads of fun as Chromie
>decide to play a little with 2.0 being out and grab the hero pack with Chromie in it
>first lootbox is Genie Chromie
Quick, post best girl.

So would the best thing to do is keep the gems you gain for future "even loot boxes"(Like overwatch) instead of buying more loot boxes atm?

I also got the only thing I wanted, the Tyrande Love Goddess in red color.

>Illidan vs Genji during Genji's little monologue
>Genji getting the shit beat out of him
>Maiev jumps in the for the rescue, her getting hit hard by OMFG SURPRISE ANNOUNCEMENT HANZO is what causes the 3 claw marks on the wood as she catches her hit by grabbing the wood

7.6/10 would be hype

halp

How often do featured skins cycle?

Maiev will be in as a Zeratul skin

fyi, had to restart the game for it to show up

I was really happy to get the genie skin but I ended up with the black one. I don't know the others are better, but it's a bad shade of brown.

So does leveling up get really hrd user?

someone post updated tier list? (cassia patch)

what are some must have heroes for ranked?

Diablo is good right? Any guides/tips on playing him?

I'm not well-versed in MOBAs but I really want to get into this one.

Grubby list include the Cassia patch.

any cute ones though?

Swann when?

It'll probably slow down after a few hundred levels.

Yeah, just be careful when going in. You don't have a way out if your teammates bail.

There's also Hero guides over on IcyVeins, although I'd recommend taking them with a grain of salt.

>all this free shit
cant stop cumming

yeah just this one

I got the Dreamie one, with the red outfit. I definitely wanna get Fel Queen though, it looks so good.

>So would the best thing to do is keep the gems you gain for future "even loot boxes"(Like overwatch) instead of buying more loot boxes atm?
Probably.

But be warned that Blizzard might do stupid shit like "Buy limited-edition xmas gems for xmas loot boxes!" or other stupid shit.

Build around Shadow Charge. You become the most annoying roadblock for anyone.

>Bulwark, From the Shadows, Diabolic Movement, Apocalypse, Fire Devil, Domination, Hellgate
>Constant charging and stunning while being damn near damn near unkillable due to high defense, health, and armor

Just be annoying as fuck and Overpower enemies towards your team, or towards a wall and immediately follow up with a Shadow Charge. Diablo is insanely fun, and is just as easy as he is fun.

>didnt read the fine print
>thought veteran crates were just something that you get every so often
>only rerolled one
FUCK

Relatively new, started playing at the first Nexus challenge, playing on and off.

Why are people so passive aggressive and easily irritated in this game? And this is in quick match. It's like someone messes up once and they have to point it out as soon as possible in chat.

People in this game need to calm down

I don't care what you guys say, fuck valeera right in her stupid elf cunt

Don't forget EU fuccbois, open the common crates first and reroll them only once to get the maximum value out of the new loot system

Awesome. Thanks.

I mean I wish I could.

Mobas. Online games in general, desu.

Legion Commander Tresdin when?

>leave ONE game during champ select because I was not about to deal with an instalock Nova
>get put into leaver queue
>mfw

This is no fucking joke, this is the worst experience I've ever had in this game. I think I'll just fucking deal with the loss next time, holy fuck.

Not what you do.
You only reroll if you get the absolute lowest you can out of a box.

IE: 4 commons in a common box
3 commons 1 epic in a epic box
4 commons 1 legendary in a vet box
3 commons 1 rare in a rare box

Welcome to MOBAs. Just learn to laugh at them knowing they're all just tryhards because it's a big trendy esport genre and they think someday they'll make mad money playing it, only for their dreams to crash and burn somewhere in Ranked mode a year from now.

You realise you have to play with a friend, right?

welcome to mobas, once league became a thing the streamers and cult of popularity fags gathered a bunch of mouthbreathers with anger management issues and now the entire genre is infested forever.

Where is that hero bundle value calculator?

>he doesnt know what a "friend" is

>leave ONE game
You deserved it.

You and every single faggot in every single multiplayer game who thinks they can cheat a loss by quitting in the middle of it.

You little NA semen slurper forgot to first get the mega bundle to avoid getting duplicate heroes without getting sharts

Oh boy let's go buy a skin that i would like to have now
>wait a second where is the store?
>why is this skin bought with shards?
>where do i get shards?
>i have to get shards from duplicate chests? that's the only way?
>what if i end up not getting a single duplicate for what the price of what the old skin used to be?

nah fuck it lol you can wait till it's on featured if you really want to give us money for that skin
forget that fact that you used to be able to just outright buy things
give us a random more a whole fuck ton more amount of your dollars and we'll let you get this skin maybe!

This is why I stay in QM and just bully people. Fuck that ranked shit. I don't want people to tell me who I can and can't play. I don't play the cancer characters who always get banned, but still.

Alright, let's do some fucking unboxing

Just pick Abathur, Q somebody and sit behind a fort. Step out for a snack, even.

>spreadsheet calculator said that I'll be lv 313
>worry that I'll end up like the other fags and get deprived of the third veteran box
>thankfully still get it
wew

shuzzle.net/heroes20/bundles.html

It was champ select you retard, it's not like I left in the middle of a game 10 minutes in.

time for loot, wish me luck

also what are the best legendary skins to reroll for from legacy crates?

>Reading comprehension

3 games vs AI quest
Not the nexus challenge, I already got that done

>play overwatch
>a bunch of backpatting casuals who cant play videogames for shit and give so little of a crap about the game they constantly just hand the game to the enemy team on a silver platter
>play heroes of the storm
>angry autistic neckbeards yelling and screaming because they bought genji with RL money and dash into a lost fight expecting everyone to follow them
can't we just combine the two fanbases and hope it evens it out?

>/dance before the battle begins
>no one else /dances back

I SERIOUSLY hope you are not that guy, /hotsg/

I'm not sure mang, should I get this one despite having the most heroes here? I think in the other packs I would get more heroes overall, but also more "shit I never touch"

>It was champ select you retard, it's not like I left in the middle of a game 10 minutes in.
You make it sound like they are two different things.

i just /taunt all the time

9/10 of the community dont know hotkeys for shit and are too lazy to type unless salt is included

I have that shit bound to extra mouse buttons

They are. No one loses anything except time if someone dodges in champ select.

use shuzzle.net/heroes20/bundles.html

Oops forgot pic.

>No one loses anything except time
And that's all that matters.

Still deserved it.

why did they make it so every quest after the first nexus challenge quest can't be done vs ai?

What talents are good on Uther now since he got reworked?

Whatever you say, babe.

You talk like a newbie doing placement matches which means you'd be in Bronze.

There is nothing wrong with a Nova pick in Bronze. She probably would've carried you.

>somebody instalocks a shit hero that they are probably terrible + delusional at because of the fact they're instalocking them
>99.999999% chance of losing 10-25 minutes of your time plus losing rank for whole team making everyone pissed off
>dodge in hero select
>100% chance of losing 1-3 minutes of your time and only one person loses rank
hmmm

>check HotS out because of Overwatch events
>realize this game looks dope as fuck
>does away with some of the parts of MOBAs I hate the most
>playable Lost fucking Vikings
Damn am I just being fooled into thinking this isn't like other MOBAs or is this gonna be fun?

Tons of different maps/gimmicks and no item system sounds fuckin' sweet.

>get abathur from a chest
>play him
>hes actually really fun
>buy his legendary skin because why the fuck not, it's on sale
>i am now am abathur main

t-thanks blizzard

What does Varian say to the enemy during his Taunt that renders them completely incapable of ignoring him, /hotsg/?

Again, just pick Abathur and AFK in a corner. 200 points instead of 600, etc.

They didn't like that everybody just played bots and skipped out on PvP.

I was you when the first Nexus challenge started back in November.

I haven't touched OW since Sombra came out, and ended up with an account level of 200 when 2.0 dropped. Watch out, you could become me.

"My son has bigger balls than you do."

Let's post the updated hero level rosters
>tfw all those high levels are making me feel like a true nolife neet progamer

Like I said, it's 14/16/17/17 but I'm still not sure, I feel like among the 14 are more I "want" to play then among the 17 in the other two packs. I'm SHIT with decisions.

>You talk like a newbie doing placement matches which means you'd be in Bronze.

What mental gymnastics did you go through to come to that conclusion? I just didn't want to play with a person who instalocks Nova, dude. That's it. I just don't have good experiences with Novas on my team.

holy shit overwatch is fucking gay

>decide to try the brawl
>not terribly fond of Tracer
>from the get-go somebody suggests feeding
>everybody else feeds
>just sort of clear minions
>two quick games
>get legendary Rexxar skin from chest

Huh. That wasn't so bad.

>only Bronze instalocks Nova
wha

Why/how did overwatch become so stale and boring from how fun it was on launch and heroes of the storm became so fun and varied from how stagnant and shit it was around when KT/Li Ming launched

I have 0 desire to play overwatch at all even with the new events and stuff and can't even put my finger on why, meanwhile hots has me at level 400 now due to playing a lot recently

frustrated neets and/or permavirgins who equate their self worth with how they perform in the most casual moba ever made. they think that they're high ranked mlg pros but actually aren't that great and project their own shortcomings onto others.

Heroes started off as just a MOBA that was for beginners, then became a fun game with all sorts of free stuff and better F2P mechanics. Overwatch started as a generic team-based shooter with some unique characters, and never improved on it while trying to shove in more and more stupid characters.

Is it just me or was the new cinematic pretty lame? The diablo looked like some weird plush toy and the plot was nowhere to be found, just some generic fight with no purpose. Also good fucking job bullying poor diablo 2v1, you fucking heroes.

Is there a place I can see what all these dumb fucking portrait border colors mean?

Because somehow Overwatched managed to focus on "grind away for them spray boxes" instead of "just have a buttload of fun in the matches!" and that gets dull after a while. I mean fuck, Too much of overwatch is focused on "How far does that bar get to the next chest" at the end of the match.
Heroes meanwhile tried more to just get you to play the fucking game.