I'm considering getting this shitbox as my 1st car with tuning in mind later on

I'm considering getting this shitbox as my 1st car with tuning in mind later on.
Is it generally a good idea? What should I look out for/avoid when buying one?
What would be the minimal specs of engine that I should get, if I want to go fast? (Unless there is no point, since it will be probably changed later)

Buying a shitbox for your first car is good because you'll learn how to fix it when it inevitably breaks.
Think of it as a learning experience. Plus, when it breaks it'll be relatively cheap to repair.

Get a manual if you can and stay away from cars in bad condition.

Im in love with 90s cars, so all of my options are shitboxes.
Iirc all EG come with manual so that's not a problem either.
My main concern is if this particular car is suitable as my 1st (1st as first that I buy, not first that I drive)
Alternatively I would want some recommend instead of this one

Bruv that car is literally the best first car anyone can have. Especially if it's a manuel. Super rugged and easy to fix, has room for people and stuff, great gas mileage, etc... Try to get the Si if possible, if not the DX with a d15b7.

>t. current delsol owner which was my first car

>Iirc all EG come with manual

No, not all of them. I love them too by the way.
Trying to get one right now.

Get a VX model. Not that great on power, but makes ridiculous mpg and weighs next to nothing. You can modify it a bit and eco-tune it. Enough fun in the corners, great mpg on highway/commuting.

I wouldn't bother. It's too old at this point. You're going to get a riced one.

Try to find a newer shitbox. Pontiac G5 or something would be cheap.

>It's too old at this point. You're going to get a riced one
Not necessarily. You can still find stock ones out there, and some with mods that don't scream asian teen ricer.

Looking for something newer? He could check the Civic EK, or a DC2 Integra. I don't know what his budget is like obv.

This user is right. While everyone else makes a good point, if it's your only car and you don't have time or inclination to fix it and alternate transportation, you're pretty fucked just because of how dry rotted most of the rubber is going to be at the very least.

Okey, thanks for info
Eurofag, not many Pontiacs here

If I was a euro I'd just get a golf.

golfs are too common over here, we dont see many egs at all

This

One more question I wanted to ask, sedan or hatch would be better for tuning&racing later?

hatch for ultimate boi racer experience

if you watch hot version or any 90s japanese tuning scene videos hatches are always preferred

Hatch for most jdm goodness, but also functionality.

Huh, always thought that sedan was more into jdm than hatch
I guess i didnt look it up enough

The hatch is theoretically lighter and the seats are easier to remove for maximum weight savings.

Okey, so my last question is - What should be the minimal specs of engine, that I should look at, for it to be quite fast before a swap?

got mine, si unmolested very well maintained 1 owner 250k miles tho

how much did you pay for it?

2 much

>3k

There's quite a lot of stock ones in my country.
My budget is 2k € so the only integra I can get is 1st Gen
I won't have a problems with time to fix it, but learning how to do it is going to be thougher

Nice. Seems like you have a small rust issue though.
Don't worry about the miles, especially if you have a D15 engine. Our EK with a D15 has 325k miles and it runs like new.