/mmog/ - MMO General

This general is for discussing new, old, and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals. If you are on one of these forgotten/niche games, looking for a guild, or friends, or just want to know the state of the game, ask here.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu (embed)
>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht (embed)

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation:
ashesofcreation.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/h3pLxPJu4Bk
novaragnarok.com/wiki/Main_Page
kickstarter.com/projects/rileydutton/orbusvr-virtual-reality-mmorpg/faqs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DW, DK(female one), Paladin, Miss(tress), FemCrusader, Suicide.

Which one should i prepear for? I have DW though.

fuck the early access mmos
literally spitting on the corpse of the genre

Any active Wakfu guilds?

Play NovaRO with US!

come play asta online

play trove with me

Sup pangits?

anyone play/going to play darkfall here?
opinions?

Downloading it right now. Which server?

Do any 'good' mecha MMOs exist out there still? I know there were a few good ones ages ago (Exteel, Cosmic Break(before it went p2w to hell), and a few others i forget the name of). I know there's MWO and Hawken, but I'm looking for something a bit more eastern in aesthetic design.

Any suggestions?

Miko and her divine balls.

figure heads

what happened to maplestory?
did everyone quit

Just play Mobile Suit Gundam for the 51 vs 51 fights

no im on ellinia right now

Sell me on it

We got pinoys, you like them right?

How many people actually fell for the NovaRO meme?

Sorry I got bored of pre-re

I don't see how you could even prepare for DK or Paladin when they aren't even out in KDNF yet. The only thing you could really get for an existing Knight right now is a Rare Avatar Set.

No but I got a question. Is it one of those servers that makes you wait 24 hours to delete a character or not? This is important.

Yes it is.

Are you Feet?

Alright. Sell me on Doram. Why do they wear the tail?

2 pinoys and 3 mutes

They do a fuckton of damage with the right gear, can run around really fast for free, have a big ass self kyrie, can heal to full easily, a really good atk/matk buff and a really strong tanking skill.

Their only issue is low sp but hey drink those sp pots you fucking poor shitter.

How do they go fast?

Don't judge on the graphics, it's really fun
youtu.be/h3pLxPJu4Bk

arclouse dash which is almost as fast as genetic cart boost

also increases agi by a fuckton (40)

Is there still an active Sandbox MMO out there? I want to be able to trade and craft cool shit to get rich.

Some people buy avatar packages on base classes. I might have done that on a Knight had I thought of it earlier. I wish there was a mileage item that let you transfer avatars.

>101x71
fuck you

theres private servers for d2, you dont have to buy it or play shitty clones

Which MMO most accurately captures the feeling of a pen and paper RPG? There must be something more modern out there. I'm not really into WoW-like MMOs that are basically singleplayer until the endgame content.

>feeling of a pen and paper RPG?
Elaborate.

>MMOs that are basically singleplayer until the endgame content.
...so, you're not into mmo? That's how mmo's work: endgame, people don't keep playing just to make alts over and over.

Everquest and to an extent earlier FFXI had that feeling, it's hard to exactly pinpoint it. A game that requires close-knit teamwork and feels more like an adventure the whole way instead of being a monotonous grind until the destination. You have memorable moments and the levelling quests are more than just fetchquests.

>people don't keep playing just to make alts over and over.

lol

>people don't keep playing just to make alts over and over.
>dfog died because there is no endgame content or any patch other than "make alts lulululul"
Well there you have it.

The problem with dfo wasn't that there wasn't endgame content, it was because they released the endgame content too fucking late in our version

We didn't get Anton Raid until like this past September or October or something because the gooks thought our server wasn't """""""""""""""""""""""""""""ready"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" for it when we clearly were

By the time they released it though, half the population that started the game the year before were already gone so it was pointless

They only have themselves to blame for being a small team pls understand and not giving us the endgame content earlier

nature
nature finds a way

Well, what endgame content is there?
If it's not a raid day you can:
1. Farm couple of ancients for you ancient daily (if you need to farm ancients you can't raid anyways)
2. Farm grandine for gold or tournament for DI
3. Run hells with DI
4. Oh yea, you can run ov...fucking really?
5. Almost forgot dark elf dungeon! you waste black cubes for a chance to have gruff for a chance of legendary drop for a chance of it not being cheap shit. Takes you 5 minutes.

There is literally nothing to do as lvl 90 character that already farmed gracia set. And even farming those is top autism without events that give free boxes.

What next patches will add? Easier ancient sets...easier lib...luke raid.."infinite difficulty"(aka no one fucking cares about running ancients anyways they just want blance patch). With next patches you can get easy legendaries for your alts and luke raid for your main.

So after patch, here's what you can do on your main (assumin you have ancient set and lib)
1. Grind grandine for gold
2. Grind hells
3. Go and do anton raid 3 times a week
4. No you can't do luke raid. If you can do luke raid you already have full epics and don't need to do step 2.

So basically...farm grandine or level alt. Wow. Content.

Did novaRO just crash

Why make more content when they can make more generic characters with awakening passives that are just damage or crit damage? Please understand.

Why even play MMOs anymore?
If you want immersion, story, exploration, and meaningful leveling experience just play a single player RPG
If you want to play with friends and PvP just play mobas or FPS
>b-but muh raidan and grindan for RNG upgrades

You cant just greentext as an argument against something that people like. This is the only genre that combines what I like into one, aside from some select coop RPGs.

who?

Because they have something that other games don't have. Like DFO for example. Sure there are plenty of other beat em up games, but I specifically want to play as some of the classes in DFO.

Don't tell me you actually like grinding for 2 months for mats to upgrade your gear only to have it break due to shitty gook RNG systems. Meanwhile whales get the best gear in the game simply by shelling out dosh to the cash shop.

>get the best gear in the game simply by shelling out dosh to the cash shop.

How many games is this actually true?

>I like mmos which must mean I like P2W cash shops

I avoid mmos with that

I just started in NovaRO, and I'm fucking clueless as to what to do. I'm trying to do the 1st job adv quest, but the guy is having me go after drops from mobs that are levels beyond me. Am I just supposed to chug pots and try not to get 2-shot? Or is there something I'm missing?

>tfw no mmo where questing is going on full-length adventures and having actual journies with a group of people instead of doing a thousand menial tasks for NPC #874
It hurts

>Or is there something I'm missing?
novaragnarok.com/wiki/Main_Page

>tfw modern RO is ruined for me because I just wanna sit down and grind, but I constantly have to think about the big EXP quests, Eden quests for gear, and turn in quests and if I dont do them im screwing myself over

Sit down and grind cards or gears.

none of that shit actually matters in the long term, do whatever the fuck you want.

i don't care if i'm missing out on "big exp" and fucking eden quest gear. all that matters is how much zeny you have and how autistic you are in terms of grinding for gear/cards.

Hey, I'm trying to find a new MMO to keep my small group of friends and I occupied for awhile. We all just quit playing WoW, for good I think and other than that we've played Blade & Soul, Tera, SWTOR, GW2, Archage, RIFT, Black Desert, Revelation and I'm sure there are a few others that I can't name right now.

I myself have been playing FFXIV on my own and I've tried getting them into it but I think they're just over paying subscriptions, otherwise they'd join me.

Anyway, I think its a general consensus between us that we don't want to play any more asian themed MMOs. We just want something that we can all play and enjoy together, even if we only end up playing it for a little while. Just something to pass the time until bigger things come out.

keknewal is a pile of steaming shit. I actually used to defend it, but the truth is that it's really, really bad.

POST A SINGLE FUN MMO
RIGHT
FUCKING
NOW

NovaRO

minesweeper

Uh...WoW is fun for a month of sub - untill you realise all the retarded time gating, ap grind, locale grind, rep grind, random gear progression and (optional) being dps and not getting invited anywhere.

XIV is fun untill you have to do ARR storyline for 600 quests. (if you can call it a story)

EVE is fun untill you start playing it.

Killing myself

Archeage

>playing wow in 2017
>playing weebwow
>playing excel in space

DFO

I want to play trickster with you guys

Is this the end of MMORPGs?

What a sad era to be.

TOR was fun until I got bored

MMORPGs ended like a decade ago, we just didn't know it at the time.

The generation of today grows up with fps, mobas and mobile games. Not mmorpgs. The reason behind this is because you have to put too much time and effort in this shit.

The most fun part of TOR was the Starfox-esque space battles
Everything else was just WoW.

Just another reason why millenials are entitled retards

They never had to suffer through the grind and raids and feel a true sense of accomplishment

Nope, they just get everything handed to them by either using their credit card or playing simple ass games that require no thought process

in 1-3 years another era of western MMORPGs will begin

Being a smug sith lord/bounty hunter was fun too

>Nope, they just get everything handed to them by either using their credit card or playing simple ass games that require no thought process
Literally mmorpgs in a nutshell

how demanding is it. i can run altspace and most oculus rift games fine. but when i try to run certain multiplayer vr games from steam whos coding kind of sucks i lag alot.
Would i be able to have fun with 8g ram ( in know it sucks ) and i7intel core 4770 and a 980gtx? cause if so im BUYING THAT SHIT RIGHT NOW. it looks fun. also how much content does it have... i doubt is have enough MMORPG worthy content being a kickstarter and all. are they like star citizen type of content/progress. cause that would be a waste of 100$

>get all my mechanic gear for both axe/mado
>mechanics are still a shitty ass class compared to others
>kind of regretting spending all that time and money on it
>don't know what else to main

>They never had to suffer through the grind and raids and feel a true sense of accomplishment
No, that shit was fucking stupid though. I raided back during vanilla WoW and it was literally like a job. My guild's application process was more complex than applying to a real job.

>get all my mechanic gear for both axe/mado
>mechanics are still a shitty ass class compared to others
Consider ahk and knuckle boost.

I already do that.

With +15 crimson mace and proper element? 2wk 1kk? Dex temps? Menblat? Agi and aspd consumables?

Aaand I forgot two verus accessories.

You faggot said that but never actually turned up.
;_;
But what is even left to do? I've already run through the questline like 20 times...

Well, i'm back on my CTRL account. I'm still on a shitheap PC though. Patch for pink bean and the 14th anni stuff drops in about 6 hours, so i'm trying to catch this client install up, since i've mostly been playing JMS as of late, and occasionally tespia.

Anyone else here play maplestory? Excited to see the new pink bean stuff so you can note it down and be prepared to complete it when it comes out on GMS/SEA?

How is everyone? I've missed you all.

I stopped playing. I tried getting back into it a few months ago but the game lags a lot.

>+15 crim mace
Thankfully for mechs there's pile bunkers. I could just get aspersio or converters for element.

The only thing I'm really missing is a robo eye or angel spirit or slotted mid with eoe str 3, expert archer on temp dex boots and another golden scaraba card

Other than that I'd be going into the billions worth of gear territory like +9 mad bunny, +10 pile bunker, +9 hbp, temp dex with speed of light or a full +9 expert archer arm cannon set.

I heard GMS has gotten worse, they fired the last CM they had, whom I would put on par with artasi at least. That's a shame. KMS is pretty good still, if you ever decide to start playing again.

Does MS have a lot of fun, flashy skills?

Maybe but I don't have a korean account and I can't understand the language.

That's basically what the whole game is. Lots of soothing grind with great music, lots of big pompous as fuck, flashy skills, 5th job added a lot of em too, zero (a special class based on a tag team system) has one that changes the entire background of a map and gives them buffs. It's pretty neat.

There are ways around that, google translate for one. But it does take a bit of effort to learn the layout to get past lie detectors. If that doesn't sound worthwhile, I get it.

Name ONE (1) good PvP MMO.

>good
>pvp
>mmo
Choose two.

It requires the minimum config for VR:
kickstarter.com/projects/rileydutton/orbusvr-virtual-reality-mmorpg/faqs

It is very low poly and seems optimized, in level streaming.

But it's early alpha right now, so very little content and its open only 24 hours every two weeks for now: two kill X quests, 4 classes, max level is 8, about 10 kind of monsters, 1 dungeon, 1 world boss and the only job is fishing. So it really is up to you.

Planetside 2

Still, +15 mace and second wk will add over 200 atk over +7 pile bunker s.

Any RF Online players here? I'm thinking about downloading it.

>download
Sounds difficult considering it's shut down.

ASTA online