How does Veeky Forums feel about the Chevrolet Colorado?

How does Veeky Forums feel about the Chevrolet Colorado?

Why the fuck is extended cab and short box not the cheapest option?

It's a pos

I would love the Colorado but why would I buy a small truck with a (good) V6 for 27 when I can get a very nicely equipped V8 silverado for 30?

This f a m
The silverado is too close in price

Because your penis isn't tiny?
You want something that will fit in your garage?

Have you seen the new "mid" sizes? They're fucking huge.

>Still two more years before the Ranger comes back to the US

>You want something that will fit in your garage?

their sizes aint much different

A Colorado is not fucking huge. Stop comparing new shit to 20 year old shit... Yeah a Model T is smaller than a civic too. It's small compared to a modern Silverado which is all that matters.

The Colorado is quite a bit better on gas than the V8 silverado especially if you keep your foot in it. The Raydo is also too big for most garages like the other guy said. Depends on what you need the truck for. It is a better value going for the Silverado though that's if you can afford the fuel.

People that pussyfoot trucks because they can't afford the fuel have a special place reserved in hell.

yes, because my penis dictates that I should get less-vehicle-per-dollar when searching for an America-mobile.

As for the garage, I think it'll fit. The key is keeping it stock and not doing horrible things to it for some sort of strange offroad desires.

I'm excited because the Colorado currently does well undercutting the Ridgeline and Tacoma. If the ranger and colorado start fighting for price then mid-size trucks may finally be the correct pricing structure.

plus T6 rangers make me moist.

the difference of 23 vs 25 hwy is honestly negligible in the long run. Sure this is accounting for the homosex cylinder deactivation but you're probably going to be in that realm. Even a 6 or so MPG difference isn't much over time.

with my driving in the silverado I would expect a cool 18 avg.

Why get a short bed when you can have the long bed?

>Not wanting the smallest truck

then you would be getting the frontier and not colorado.

>Not wanting the smallest truck

if you get a 4ft bed or even a 6ft bed, you dont really need a truck, you need a van.

Everything gets good mpg's on the highway, It's city driving that fucks your fuel up. That's when you're going to notice the extra 1500lbs+ and almost twice the displacement. If you're doing mostly highway then you might as well go for the bigger truck and V8.

But vans are fucking gay only only a legit faggot would get one over a small truck.

Left is the "mid size". There's no point in having them. Might as well buy a real truck.

I'm thinking of leasing a 2017 once the 2018's come out if I can get it dirt cheap. I don't know if I can drop almost $40k on a Taco.

The Canyon is way more bloated and roided up looking than the base Colorado in real life. It's obviously bigger than a S10 but not by much if you look at the wheelbase.

The only reason to get one is to get the diesel option, but they made it way way overpriced. Might as well get the much more capable Silverado for as much as it runs.
Should've made small cab long box with diesel an option for like 26-28, then you'd have a good pickup. I'll never understand Americans fascination with petrol pickups.

>It's obviously bigger than a S10 but not by much if you look at the wheelbase.
Yeah, half a foot wider, half a foot taller, 20 inches longer, than S10. Sure, they're almost the same.

While the base model Silverado is shorter, a half a foot wider, and only 3 inches taller. Seriously, the Canyon/Colorado is closer to a full size base model than it is to the S10.

Leasing
>>>please no. please.

>But vans are fucking gay only only a legit faggot would get one over a small truck.

Having to worry about the elements when hauling things is gay?

>penis meme
Post ignored.

The new colorado/canyon are good trucks. But WAYYYYY too expensive. I looked at buying one, but it's a scam. The truck with any of the good options cost the same as a silverado. It cost more than the Tacoma and Frontier. More than an f150. You can get the shittiest colorado for less, but it's a garbage truck and will be worth $5k in 5 years.

colorados in my area start at $23k. Silverados reg cabs can be had for 22k.

Personally Id get a Silverado.

They're the exact same truck you idiot.

would love to have a diesel 4x4 one.

GM's are worth dick all after 4 years. My old shitboxes are starting to get tired as DD's and I don't feel like doing or worrying about any maintenance and repairs.

Underneath but they look different beside each other. The GMC is more bloated looking with bigger love handles. Get off your ass and go to a car lot sometime.

Supply and demand

More people want a crew cab and/or a long bed, therefore there are more crew cabs and long beds making them cheaper

You want an uncommon variation then it will require a special order, which you pay extra for

so you're gonna spend 14k over 4 years to NOT loose money?

The Colorado is actually bigger dumbass

>Google GMC Canyon on wiki, only has a link for Chevy Colorado.
I can't even refer to the two badges as they, because that's all you're debating, badges. It is the same truck, with two different badges. Just like the Chevy Silverado and the GMC Sierra. Same truck, two badges. It's been a scam for over 40 years. This shows how stupid GM customers are. Ford tries the same thing by building Lincoln trucks, and very few fall for it. GM does it for so long, no one notices, mostly because people like you think trim means something. It's just trim, no more useful than a wig on a stripper.

Look, the last time GMC and Chevy meant two different things was the 60s. Which is likely longer than you've been alive.

Another shitty IFS american middle ground truck that does a bit of everything but nothing well.
Call me when we start getting 4 cylinder turbo diesels and/or a solid front axle.

Exactly. That dumbass was acting like a Colorado is different when I showed just how close to a full size truck they are.

For that kind of money it's either a Toyota or a Dodge.

>Not a GM fan boy

>GM cuck trash

lol