/owg/ - Overwatch General

>New Nexus challenge for D.Va and Genji skins (new D.Va skin, same Oni Genji skin)
youtube.com/watch?v=Bv2t9lwC7lk

>Official Uprising event website
playoverwatch.com/en-us/events/uprising/

>When does the event end?
May 1st.

>Loot item checklist
js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/#/events/UPRISING_2017

>Latest Comic
madefire.com/motion-books/OVERWATCH-UPRISING/

>Event video
youtube.com/watch?v=cpGrY9i8TSA

>Story video
youtube.com/watch?v=B5wDV8x6w7s

>Developer update video
youtube.com/watch?v=FGpQtWoasMs

>Live Patch Notes
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753818008

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Tips/tricks/basics/etc.
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Previous Thread:

Fareeha!

Here comes T.Racer!

5 Cute facts about D.Va
-She's a girl!
-She's a pro gamer!
-She's going to be in heroes of the storm
-D.VA!!!

> "TRACER'S DOWN, REVIVE HER!"

Quality contributions. Off to a good start.

delet this

>don't care about wins or losses
>only do comp placement matches because don't care too much about getting golden weapons
>just dick around with friends in quickplay, arcade modes, and make fun of how terrible the ai is in "Play With AI"
>never have to go through the headaches and stress people who subject themselves to competitive

who /comfy/ here?

Ah yes, Hanzo, because a sniper that can oneshot non-tanks without his ultimate also needs an AoE ability for some fucking reason.

>it's a team decide to defend random side rooms instead of the objective episode

Play HotS.

Fuck you, give me the D.Va quest first.

but i already did the quest

it's pretty fun to reck the bots with sgt. hammer

You know you still need to do the inital genji quest right?

>I'm actually retarded and need validation

>/hotsg/ gets triggered every time blizz adds an ow hero
Wew lad

>tfw winning with a meme comp

how's those grey hairs looking user

Yeah, have that. Now i need to wait till may cause blizzard is too lazy to patch OW now and add her skin.

*how are

guys ive been playing overwatch recently having a lot of good games playing in around the same time period 7am - 3pm when all the kiddies are at school

heres the catch

the only way its been for me is by sticking with zen and making a really racist asian voice while doing my call outs and making a few jokes in between,

i was 2700 yesterday

and today ive had the worst possible teamates, no cooperation, no mics, always fighting with eachother.

i think some people have reported me and ive been placed in the naughty pool

game is rigged

I'll keep you safe, Lena!

I want D.Va to unleash some police bruatality on me and my little friend, if you catch my drift.

Why is leaver penatly a thing for quick play? It's fucking quick play, it's drop in drop out

>All the genjifags crying that people can get the hots skin again on the official forum

Just asking, would you rather:

Shoot at the enemy Reinhardt for 20 seconds, kill it and then kill the Ana behind him

OR

Shoot at the Ana first, then shoot at Reinhardt and end the fight in 5 seconds ?

People always seems to take the wrong choice.

too bad the overwatch player base is so low IQ that even if you make that call out they wont adjust

Why is that even a problem? It's ridiculous to think that Blizzard wouldn't make it available again

>B-but much exclusive skin

Muh*

I'm not quite sure I follow. Elaborate?

Genjifags are going to cry anyway one month later for the Oni skin they somehow missed.

>decide to go back to comp now that the Orisa craze must be over
>manage to win my first 2 matches, get a combined total of 90 SR
>get matched with retards
>lose 11 matches in a row
>lose about 120 SR
>finally win a match
>still get 38 SR

So the game is pretty much admitting that it's putting me with retards to make me lose and that I don't belong at my current rating.

the oni and police d.va skins will be available in standard lootboxes eventually according to jeff

How many games was it for the first challenge anyway? It was over 10, wasn't it? Sucks to be them.

Prayers are answered

where did he say that?

>playing an fps on console

It was 15.

I've had leavers in almost every game for about three weeks now.

Let's be honest, Amelie was getting black dick on the side with her relationship with Gerard. That's how she got captured by the way, one of the black guys she was getting deep dicked by was working for Talon. Amelie did this because Gerard worked too much or was busy eating Ana's muff.

user, just so you understand, in that 11 games losing streak, we had a match where the enemy team had a leaver and we lost.

But I'm not trying to downplay what you're going through. I feel your pain.

Who here /accidentally click right quadrant instead of back and duplicate the emote/voice line every time/ here?

Who would you join Tracer and Winston's Funwatch or the edgy elderly?

>muh cuck fetish

Dont have a pc, not really into video games but for some reason this game caught my eye not even my console either

I'd like to suck a fart from Fareehas ass if you know what I mean

Can you blame him?

>Queue for game
>Skirmish for like 2 minutes
>Join a game, waiting for players...
>Kicked to menu
>Join game, waiting for players... (all different to last time)
>Kicked to menu
>Skirmish for another 2 minutes with all new people
>Finally join an actual game with none of the people I just met

Is this shit happening to anyone else because it's frustrating as fuck. Takes me like 5-6 minutes to solo queue into a game.

Is this sort of post reportable?

Holy shit, the Eternal Sniper...

>gibraltar
>on attack
>guy named "Pooper" insta-picks Widow
>refuses to switch
>"lol u guys never broke 2400"
>point out I have never won on attack with a widow
>"just watch me"
>we lose without even getting the payload to the first point
>tell him he's failed to prove me wrong
>defense
>he picks reinhardt and charges off cliffs til we lose
>"u dont deserve to win ur shitty"

Kill me.

Shitposting is always reportable.

i'm the nice guy, or i try to be

>you never broke 2400
>thinking reaching anything under 3500 is worthy of praise
You're only KIND OF starting toplay the game properly at masters, and in GM matches start to get cnsistant (until the inevitable matchmaking fucku taht either leads to FREELO stomps or being matched against a top 500 six stack)

Ok. I'm decent at online FPS, but I am completely retarded with Mobas. How do I figure out Overwatch without getting overwhelmed by the number of classes and strategies that need figuring out and adaptation on the fly during a match? Should I focus on playing a character that I'm somewhat useful at (getting kills/objective) or keep switching regularly and hope to get better at everything but slower? I'm shit at every character, less shitty with D.Va, Widowmaker, Ana and Hanzo, but there's no Offense hero I can manage to play decently so far.

>he thinks 3500 is good

Look at that shitter.

Funwatch so I can see side characters I like slowly join Overwatch.

How many cucks of the storm games do I need to get the D.Va skin?

Step out of the car, now!

The amount of loot you get in hots is insane. Almost suffering loot box opening fatigue.

>play this game
>be really shit at aiming and team fighting
>blame my team mates all game
>pick the guy doing slightly better than me and make sure my team knows the reason we are losing is him
>he doesnt say anything
>he swaps heroes and we start winning for a bit
>go back to losing shortly after
>get really triggered at my inability to play the game at a competent level
>post a fluff piece about myself on /owg/ instead of dealing with it

Isn't she 15?

I'm not sure what you seem to be implying.

>he thinks overwatch is an ASSFAGGOT

It's more like TF2 than anything else. With 23 classes instead of 9.

And into bed? Okay.

Also is there a point in using vocals in a Quick match setting? It seems nobody talks at low ranks.

I'm also shit at TF2, but that does help me getting in the proper mindset. D'you have advices for a whack ass noob?

>gets caught out of position at literally 1hp
>flies to nearest dead teammate and presses q
>gets away scot-free with at least 1 fully healed meatshield while she can regen health because invincibility lol

Who did this.

Dumb post of the century.

Did I say I think 3500 is good? I said that's when you're STARTING to play the real game. Anything below master is just roflstomps. If you're not at least 4300 you can't say you're good at the game.

>the developers of Overwatch are ass guys

While I do like a nice ass, when will we get a female character with delicious knockers?

>he thinks 4300 is good

I didnt play any OW today because of HotS.
Its loot system is crazy good.

>Have to engage in assfaggotry for overwatch skins
What did I do to deserve this?

Top 500 is pretty good, yeah.

I just did 2 games of HotS. I've never played a MOBA before. It feels both extremely overwhelming (even just the UI) and boring at the same time. I think I hate it. I'll probably stop playing after I get the D.Va skin.

I actually did not expect to be this overwhelmed by it. I thought it could be a fun experience.

if you REALLY don't want to do it you don't have to. jeff said the skins should be coming to stantard lootboxes

Please arrest me.

The problem is some heroes in HoTS are easy mode and fun while others just make you die alot and suck.
You can try them all out though.

assfaggots are for children with adhd.

>suck dick at hitscan
>play nothing but widow for like 2 weeks
>decide to practice cowboy next
>my flicks and tracking are on point now

>he thinks top 500 is good

If you're not making money off a competitive career, you're shit tier like everyone else.

I'm hesitant to try other heroes out, there's so many and I still don't understand fundamental parts of the game. The learning curve seems so steep. I just played Lucio because I figured he'd be easy for me to learn. Which he was. I basically just stood next to people healing while they slowly won the game.

So it's this weird combination of being extremely easy to the point of boredom and being so vast that I feel like I have no idea what's going on.

Wew

>thinks being esports player is good
If you're not making money off selling dumb children some "lootboxes", you're "piss ate shit"-tier like everyone else

Yeah, but no timeframe was given
They haven't even given Sombra her sit and laugh emotes

>he thinks I'm not in an E-sports team
user...

Just pick assassins they get powerful fast and set up lots of kills which make your team happy.
Then the game becomes like 2d Overwatch.
Tanks are also good.

I picked diablo and slammed people around for five games. As long as you won't need to actually win those games, it seem like little price to pay to get the D.Va skin asap. Will probably get the spray and 10 boxes as well.

This is hilarious. Does tumblr really hate everything?

>thinks being alive is gud

You're trash tier until you become a skeleton.

I

>he plays video games for a living

Have fun thinking about what you left behind on your death bed.

reporting in! i stopped doing placement matches after season 2. you don't even get anything from them except a dumb icon. i play exclusively easy bots and any co-op vs AI events in arcade on the lowest difficulty. haven't even played a pvp game in months. feels great to be able t eat dinner with one hand and the other hand playing the game and winning.

Is it an American thing to fervently hate the police? I don't get it.

Diablos a good choice. The challenge is easy as pie. Just do easy mode ai fights.

They're basically Veeky Forums's evil twin, but don't realize it