/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris
- (Future FAQ Pastebin goes here. If you want to contribute, reply to the OP with ideas or excerpts to use!)
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1 pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5 reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki

>Endless Legend
- Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/47c67g3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>spooder thread
>old thread on page 4
Wasn't your plan to try and force people to make threads themselves?

I am fond of spiders.

thanks anons

Please I need your Stellaris memes. Since making my migration from /gsg/ to /civ4xg/ I have noticed that your meme department is seriously lacking.

I forgot to check the page. I just saw the last one had more than 750 posts.

>pandorum and sunshine have nothing to do with post ftl madness
>yeah sunshine was a bit dumb
>AD HOMINEM STRAWMAN LOLOLOL

>spidershit

NO WAIT ONE VISION IS A FUCKING MEME DONT DO IT PAL

Border range/core systems are pretty okay tho.

>being so mad he brings his shit from the last thread
Hey, mate, fuck off.

Genuinely kill yourself you retarded weeb

Just shop some liquor onto stellaris pictures

What a nice flag for a fallen xenophobic empire.

"its ironic dude, you wouldn't get it"

Weeb here. I agree that OP should kill himself.

you fucking made that post at the last possible second

it is a meme because more unity is pointless once you get all of the perks?

Yeah. Governing ethics attraction isn't really a big deal anyway, so it's pretty pointless.

It actually symbolises the hearts of their enemies they tore out.

They love purging xenos so much they made their flag a heart

Getting really fucking tired of you.
Please kill yourself you worthless cunt. You are literally a lower form of life than a fucking tick :)

Ring worlds is general make no sense.

>getting this triggered
Gee, sure is /gsg/ around here.

>tfw empty space but shit planets
>want to hinder expansion of other empire
>colonize planets with slave race and hand them over to enlighted protectorate with fat money since I am always capped
>they think I am some kind of god
>formerly spacefarring race is now the bitchbois of some backwards race that was in industrial era just 10 years ago and was just handed over FTL tech

well in my current game im playing hivemind anyways so it'd be even more useless

I would argue for +10% research but atm i'm only making like 6-10 each so that's silly

so I guess border range it is

It amazes me people care so much about an OP image no one looks at for longer than 5 seconds.

>Go to space to do something
>It goes to shit and a series of unnervingly mysterious things happens as the viewer is left with a sense of dread and doubt towards the vastness of space and its possible secrets.
Thats what i meant with my first post, now let it go.

>offtopic shitposting
>anons reply
>"LOL U'RE JUST TRIGGERED LMAO"

Honestly, I think people are just desperately looking for an excuse to shitpost.
If the OP wasn't Kumo-chan, they would be complaining about wifi, or pigs.

>future of europe
kek

At least its not OILor the problem of consciousness.

>complaining
>about pigs
But I am fond of pigs

Or some pretentious bullshit about mining ringworlds or kids throwing stones and getting genocided.

But with Stellaris getting "popular", /gsg/ is becoming more and more of a pain in the ass here. You can already see the casual racism and the forced liquors jokes.

Rate last creation

He's doing his best

>not the ~~SQUALIA starfish
not cute/10

Should I enslave these meatballs or purge them for lebensraum?

Pick your poison for the next 100 posts lads

>Discussion of oil and its overall effect on humanity and how it compares to wind, solar, nuclear, coal, etc
>Artificial intelligence and its place in society
>Faster than light travel being un/attainable
>Aliens coming from God knows where and enslaving us

Fuck you pal.

starfish can only be fanatical purifiers

You forgot :
>rate my blob
and
>r8 my species
and also
>man I fucking hate spiders so much I'm going to shitpost about them

>kids throwing stones and getting genocided.
>still misunderstanding the analogy

anyone want to play a game of endless legend?
i'm a noob and people online stomp me

>1st battlestar Galactica

Artificial intelligence and its place in society

I'll take ayyliums for 500, Alex.

Its not our fault that oil is just so much better than every other fuel source and that without it we won't solve the problem of conciousness. Without even that beginning step we won't even be able to create an alcuibbiere drive (that requires non-existent matter and kills everyone) but I guess its a good thing as the first aliens we found would kill so we'd have to purge them first.

nuh uh they can be militant isolationists too

ayyliens, all hail our grey overlords

>grey overlords
Our over lords are reptilian ayyyyyyyyyliums though

Can we do oil and its effects on Mediterranean cuisine instead?

I like Seven Kingdoms 2.

>Mediterranean
>cuisine

Okay, so FE get all pissy if specific thing happens ( researching AI, getting too close etc ).
Can you make them hesitant about attacking if you have too much of an advantage over them ? Or do they go full chimp mode and attack regardless ?

In real life aliens would actually all be humanoid because of convergent evolution.

Refute me, you simply can't.

How the fuck did these Slaughterhouse fucks expand like that? There are no frontier outposts there or anything. during our last war I took this entire chunk and cleansed the planets there and the borders barely shrunk. There were NO planets, no outposts. Nothing. And the border still didn't shrink. At the mean time I have colonized planets and outposts out the ass and I still don't have that chunk. These borders don't make sense.

And this is why nobody play as the Cybrans.

How about I wear your moron face as a party mask?

Probably techs and xenophobe.

How about I wear you on my dick like a condom?

fanatic xenophobe
nationalist zeal
border range tech
supremacy opener

thats like 130% border range, probably forgot some others

You got it wrong you filthy jian

I'm fanatic xenophobe + all research already done. I'm basically going on repeat for all tech.

that's what the greys want you to think
they're actually in cahoots

>Its not our fault that oil is just so much better than every other fuel source
LMAO

Is anyone else impressed by voices for humanoids in Stellaris? They speak gibberish, but the tone is cool.

Rome was built upon olive oil

That's a lot of Balts.

Yeah, I know. I ought to replay EYE.

Have literally all of those as well.

MEKUN DANADA BLAES

yeah, i'm talking about them, not you.

Yeah, but the thing is I could understand them expanding like that with planets and outpost. but after the war that marked circle had ZERO planets of theirs. Fully cleansed, removed, nuked. Same for outposts. They had NOTHING there. And the border still didn't shrink. That's what I don't understand. Those small islands are basically my colonies surrounded by empty space and they're still that small.

How long has it been since the war ended? Sometimes border changes take a while to kick in for whatever reason.

The borders most likely already expanded that much due to their pops and border range%, they just didn't extend further from those nuked planets due to clashing with other's borders.

>people bitch about terraforming tech
>all you have to do is put a scientist with New Worlds on society research

Was that space in the red circle empty before? Maybe they took over another empire?

I am fond of Warcraft 3.

>instead of waiting to roll the right tech I will wait to roll the right scientist

shut the fuck up you dumb fucking spider

A couple years now. It didn't move an inch. If anything their borders GREW. Now i'll need to wait another ~8 years until I can go to war.

Well that's the only scenario. Still it's silly how I have all the possible border expansion shit and it didn't budge. Will just need to cede the planets next time and sector them. That was my mistake I guess.

It's just that right before the war, my border extended to this line. Theirs just exploded out of nowhere in a span of ~1 year. Didn't even understand what the fuck was going on.

>core systems reduced by 2 in Utopia

Does anybody know what the "Send home for research"-option does? I really could use the minerals.

Nope. It was theirs during the war. The pre war and post war borders didn't change at all even tho the circle there had like 9 planets cleansed + 2 outposts. Was at 98 warscore for that. Maybe i'm just retarded. oh well. My mistake was not cede into sectors.

Gives you a unique edict, better longterm vs good short term choice m8y

I am fond of Cossacks, be it Back To War or the third one.

Or even the accursed American Conquest.

Gives you a a 200 day project (doesn't stop any research or use a science ship) which eventually gives you an edict of varying quality.

Go on and laugh at me. Like I give a fuck. You think I'm upset that you think this is comical? If I'm able to provide some sort of levity to the sad existence you call a life, then so be it.

But maybe instead of laughing you should learn. Try to model your own meager existence off of my own, and you could possibly achieve some of the greatness that I espouse. Maybe you'll stop eating the cum from your girlfriend's pussy after Jamal fucked her for a few hours, and you'll be the one cumming in your girlfriend and Jamal.

Maybe you'll get out of your dead-end job and actually go back to school. Maybe you'll join the military and become an officer after a few years.

Sure, you may never come close to my plane of existence, but you might be able to get at least a taste. I can assure you it will taste better than Jamal's semen.

borders look almost identical. Your blue line is wack.

Are you dissing American Conquest?

> Oil is a fuel source
He says typing on his plastic keyboard+mouse staring at his plastic encased monitor as he wears plastic shoes and eats plastic american cheese treated with plastic preservatives.

The energy output of oil is great, but energy is secondary only to its value as literally every raw material this modern world uses. We could go full green renewable energy overnight and still need the same amount of oil because as a construction product it's second to none.

Not him, but it's shit m8. Parent series is better. BtW is classic forever, though I'll have to admit it had a lot of balance issues, they're finally getting somewhat tackled in 3.

strawpoll.com/47c67g3

As promised here is the roster poll for our Veeky Forums League team.

Final roster will have 23 players. Vote for all the players you think should be in.

I am fond of oil.

It's not the quality that vary, the edicts are just different, and it depends on the events you get.
Warrior's teaching is the best, gives you +10% naval cap, -15% army maintenance.
Philosophy isn't bad either, you get +1 leader cap and +10% society research.

Yeah. I'm dissing it because it lacks the following:
>a decent tutorial
>balance between the natives and the europeans (I remember one of the indians having only one unit)
>explanations about the game at all (one of the american native civilizations uses gold but cannot use mines, so you get it passively from markets, which is unique)
>the AI has perfect synchronisation and can perfectly micromanage units
It's a bit like Age of Empires 2, it leaves you to figure out a lot of things by yourself. But it does it even more than AoE2.

what's the deal with that spider meme? isn't it supposed to be really evil in the manga?

>pacifist xenophobe spiritualist democrat
>just want to be left alone but cool with everyone (NAPs)
>only 5 systems and Frontier outposts
>enlighten some militarist molluscs and boost them with money until they become vassals
>complete 4 tradition trees and Transcend
>but...
>2 tradition trees are Domination and Supremacy

The Galaxy is in for a surprise

What the fuck? Not at all.

NO I MISSED ONE

all that spiderposting got me interested
gonna give it a go

>mfw 00_defines.lua

Cute things are incapable of evil. It is science fact.