/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 26th:
1478 – The Pazzi family attack Lorenzo de' Medici and kill his brother Giuliano during High Mass in Florence Cathedral.
1802 – Napoleon Bonaparte signs a general amnesty to allow all but about one thousand of the most notorious émigrés of the French Revolution to return to France, as part of a reconciliary gesture with the factions of the Ancien Régime and to eventually consolidate his own rule.
1925 – Paul von Hindenburg defeats Wilhelm Marx in the second round of the German presidential election to become the first directly elected head of state of the Weimar Republic.
1933 – The Gestapo, the official secret police force of Nazi Germany, is established.
1937 – Spanish Civil War: Guernica, Spain, is bombed by German Luftwaffe.
>News
EU4 Mandate of Heaven is out.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kufic
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Victory_stele_of_Naram_Sin_9071_Star-sun-glyph.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Reminder R&I is a steamcordplaza shitposter and we already had a thread.
This is the proper thread.
Do NOT use Steamcordplaza threads.

I guess this is the real thread.

Seriously? You don't know what "Culture is not South German" means?

Is this the steamcordplaza thread?

w&b

wew

Restarted my Holland game as advised. I´m back at starting the independence war. Should I take Antwerp this time around? It has a few more advantages over Breda I think.

W&B

shut it

Look at this and tell me it doesn't make you hard.

This fucking kills the ANGLO

Anyone want any flags making, lads?

>not landing in northern scottish mountains

Could you try a mixture bewteen the Netherlands and the Hansa for EUIV?

Rate my Europe

Sure, what government type? >republic or based monarchy?

Croatian fascists have awoken.

Monarchy if you could? thank you.

Where's the user making the united South American country in HPM? I want to ask him something

What kind of watermelon can I interest you in today sir?

Is this any good?
pls be kind im still learning

So wait

You can have ck2 + legal dlc owned on steam

And then pirate certain DLC?

How2? Pls help. Is it just dropping something in a folder or is it even simpler, or god forbid, harder?

you can just own the base game and then download all the dlc senpai

Right, but is it just copypasting the downloaded DLC into folders, or is there anything I have to do so that steam doesn't somehow notice it? I don't want to risk the paradojewx noticing that I have pirated DLC.

the game's shortcut doesn't change whatever fukken dlc you download so if you run ck2 through steam and have the dlcs in the dlc folder, you're good.

or if you're very scared just keep a fully pirated version of the game in a seperate folder and run that to get your fill. ck2 gets boring fast honestly

Fuck, I knew he wouldn't like it.
Here's another version.

>play DH
>nuke UK 10 times
>nuke Russia 20 times
>they literally don't care
Great game.

nICE

La Plata

Fuck those windmillniggers

Play HoI3, it's better.

the low countries are german clay anyway
so is switzerland

And here's a version with a windmill in the middle of it, because the Netherlands has a lot of windmills due to being a coastal country that gets a lot of wind from the Atlantic.

They both look really nice to me. Just one thing, could maybe put the second coat of arms into the first flag?

user? Live long and prosper. You have earned it.

Wanted to get more opinions on this one. Also, if I were to port this to HOI, should it be DH, hoi3, or hoi4?

And here's a version with the shahada on, incase you go muslim.

HoI3

i was busy joining the us marines for three months
what's new gsg?

Why can't I draft a casus belli against Switzerland? I don't have the 'No More War' modifier.

Play HOI4, it's better

You need to break their neutrality first, it's a decision.

Castile inheriting Burgundy is pretty good for europe

Oh shit, you're right.
Thanks.

Building my first PC, anyone have experience with RX570 video cards? Can't find reviews.

Picture because it makes it more likely that someone will read this.

>could maybe put the second coat of arms into the first flag?
Okay, here's a proper one. You can't really see it but the shield here has the CoA of Hansa in the top right and bottom left quadrants.

what kind of games are you going to play at which resolution?

Any kind soul to give me link for The Grand Campaign for DH 1.04. Autistic PDX forums are way too confusing for an old fart like me.

who /arumbamod/ here?

What's the best mod for eu3

Is it possible to retrofit units into different types in HOI3 like you can in HOI4? For example, can I turn an Infantry unit into a Mountaineer unit somehow?

Also how the fuck do upgrades work in general?

Does it let you beat your children if you lose a war?

Play EvW, it's better

:'(

Probably gonna go for Innovative or Espionage.
Could eventually go humanist for some dhimmi memes, but probably not.

I've considered Aristo+Influence for republic.

Espionage, Maritime and then building up a privateer fleet could be fun.

What Rance should I play?
Also, post more Rance

Did the madman do it?

Also, if for example I change my infantry template from 3inf to 3inf+1art, how do I get the infantry units already in the field to have that 1 art?

HOI4, CK2, I am starting to learn VIcky2 so I can stop being a memer. Also maybe EU4. I want to do 1080p. Stellaris too, though I know that is not Grandstrategy and shouldn't be posted here. Total War series also, though not Warhammer.

Hey, laddo. I made you a flag because I'm enjoying your playthrough.

It features the 4 colours of the original caliphates, the Black flag, used by Muhammad (570–632), Rashidun Caliphate (632–661) and Abbasids (750–1258), the White flag, used by Umayyads (661–750), the Green flag, used by Fatimids (909–1171) and the Red flag, used by Khawarij, as well as Muslim states in Al-Andalus and Maghreb al-Aqsa.
It also features "Allahu Ackbar" in Kufic script, which was developed in Iraq.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kufic
And in the centre it has the Ishtar star, the star of an ancient Mesopotamian Goddess of fertility, love, war, sex, and power.
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Victory_stele_of_Naram_Sin_9071_Star-sun-glyph.jpg

Playing as Austria in EU4 and ended up with a PU over France in 1471. It's 1522 and France is rebellious and at max liberty desire despite having +200 opinion of me. Now they are being supported by the Ottomans and the English, is there a way I can defuse this situation or am I just fucked?

How did you do that? Just sit there and take all of their colonies?

>playing eu4 as hungary
>ally bohemia, austria, brandenburg and teutons
>diplo insult ottomans
>they actually declare war
>all of my allies join except brandenburg
>france calls a crusade against the Ottomans the day after they declare war
This is comfy. Time to make Europe christian again.

Appease them. Try to get allies to counteract the englisch and the Ottomans. otherwise, since the 50 years seem to be over, start integrating as soon as possible.

low functioning posts

Appease, dev their provinces.

heh nuthin personnel turk

Hmm, so conquering as far as Belgium also makes German Franche-Comte look less like a prolapsed rectum. For once I'm not even mad.

By appease do you mean "Support Loyalists"? I'm doing that but it's not making much of a dent. How many monarch points would I have to spend to buy them down with development? Would starting a war with either the Turks or the Brits for some other reason keep France in check?

Fixed the map up a bit, how would this work out in hoi? Again, which would it work best in?

Who are your puppets? Would you still play Japan in the next game?
It seems like if there had been a little more time, your game would've cleaned itself up some. It's interesting to see Spain, Italy, and Germany as the main colonial powers of Europe, although they clearly nabbed most of that land at a later stage coincident with (presumably) the collapse of the British and French colonial empires.

>epic germania and neutered france
yawn

terrible post

that's not even ebic germaniums, it's literally great war territories plus alsace-lorraine and colonies

>Austria now an inland sea
glorious

It's five percent lib desire per dev.
So 61 times.
Just let go man.

there's no possible way of getting that below 100
might as well break the personal union

>responding to the resident retard

1.) My puppets are the Baltics and Turkestan.
2.) Probably, yes.
3.) Half of the great powers were fascist at one point, but the British regime thawed. Now there's Russia, France and Japan. Literally the only communist countries are Argentina and Paraguay. The USSR did appear, but only for less than a year before falling to Fascist rebels.
5.) Britain lost half of its colonial possessions to a massive wave of rebels, and the other half to being dismantled. Meanwhile, France was dismantled twice in a row.
I was honestly rooting for France, since they were Fascist. That, and beating Italy could have nabbed me Micronesia.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think you could declare war on the brits and hope they invade france, they won't help you besides defending their territories but britain will still attack them.

If you're lucky France will bleed a little from the war and thus believe they're weaker than you and get more loyal.

there's so many that it doesn't matter

Forgot to mention, there's a vast laundry list of minor Fascist states, such as Turkestan, Costa Rica, etc.

Good idea. I'll declare a rivalry war on England, and if the Ottomans decide to attack in a separate war with me and all my allies hopefully I can manage.

suuuup bruuhhh

>takes twice as many t*rks to defeat them
based wiz

Yes units have a button to upgrade to a different unit when you select them.
By manually attaching artillery to all of them.

You know, I really like this dynasty. Had a ton of fun.

please gas yourself, you narcissistic autist

I always play vanilla CK2 give me some good mods to spice up the game

An interesting development

If I marry my grandson to my daughter what's the chance their children are inbred?

nice cheats bruh

So what is your mod supposed to do?

Need some real thoughts on this.

>Hispanic-Union Acre
It's shit

100% you fucking degenerate.

they're all gonna be inbred banjo playing mutants.

>beat them so hard my map changed

If you form Gran Colombia or La Plata, you can integrate the rest of Spanish speaking South America taking a series of decisions. You need to sphere the rest of South America first, and form a customs union. You'll need 100 prestige too. Once you get Revolution and Conterrevolution, have 200 prestige and have sphered all of South America, you can form a political union. You'll need to have good relations with most countries, otherwise they may reject entering the political union.

After that, you will be able to form the Hispanic Union. Currently you will need to get Falklands in order to form it, so it will be a bit difficult. I might be removing the Falklands as a prerequisite to form it, since it's almost impossible to get them anyways.

When you finally have formed the Hispanic Union you will annex all of Spanish speaking South America, and get cores in the rest of Spanish speaking America. Conquering Central America and Mexico will almost always result in war with USA though

>Hispanic Union
Help I can't stop throwing up

Keep the Falklands in the decision you dont want the decision to be too easy to get.