/brit/ - Brit/o/ General

Veeky Forums-Men: Days of Touge Past

----

A thread for the British denizens of Veeky Forums.

Brit/o/ Garage: brit-o.co.uk/

----

Upcoming Brit/o/ Events:

MERE WEEKS AWAY
!!!Ultimate Street Car (USC)!!!
What: A car show where loads of chavs show up and show off their Limited Edition Corsas and financed Golfs on airbags. Also drag-racing, live music, and poledancing.
Where: Santa Pod Raceway (Northamptonshire)
When: 4th-6th August 2017

----

Recent Happenings:

From all accounts, both touge nights went well, with the Peaks one being fully sick. They stayed in a yurt and everything! No casualties to either drivers or cars, so nothing like a SoCal meet then.

Post away lads! Tell Veeky Forums of hot UK touge action.

----

Threads are a rarity as we mostly hang out in our own dedicated Slack chat. If you want in, just post up your email (it can be a throwaway), and you'll be invited in. We do actually discuss things of an automotive nature, don't fear. It's not all degeneracy.

Alright geezers

fewer crashes than american Veeky Forums

Better members then American Veeky Forums

+1 for oncoming Peugeot

thinking of importing an AE86. Found a nice one on a jap car website. Do you lads know any good importers?

How much would the cost of importing be anyway? An extra grand over the buying cost of the vehicle?

Make sure it's an importer who disclose all the extra fee's you need to pay. You wouldn't want to get stung by shipping costs, extra taxes, reg fees and all that extra bollocks.

I've heard 2-3 all in.
WHEYYYYYY GEEZER GEEZER

Spotted the Londoners

Yo fags. Looking to potentially get a car.

22. Full-time job. 2 years NCD.

What's the possibility of getting a small estate without spending £ on insurance. Used preferably.

Maybe

Har-har.

Should clarify that I'd greatly appreciate suggestions as well as to what to look for.

Volvos go pretty cheap, might be worth looking into old Audis too. Golf estates most likely have high insurance but might be worth a look

Volvo V40 MY03 1.9 diesel
2 year NCD, 23
Under £700 a year and I'm not even in a cheap part of the country

I do like the V40

I'm paying £800 this year for fully comp, 2 years NCD on my bike. M33 postcode so rip insurance.

It's comfy as hell
Not exactly fast, but it's got loads of space and the rear seats are usable

I don't need fast. I have a bike for that.

All I want is something to get me to and from work when the weather turns sour, get decent fuel economy and have more than enough space for my Airsoft gear and everything I need for it.

Plus I REALLY want it to be an estate because they're fucking baller.

An airsofting volvo fan?
Hello brother

I assure you you'll get the space, 60/40 split rear means loads of flexibility
I use it to move house

50mpg+ if you do the speed limit on motorways, I get 42 to 47 average driving, and I don't drive too slowly

>tfw have to cart my airsofting gear in my Z4

no sniping for me

Plus if you drive a Volvo people think you're an old man
It's the perfect disguise

Indeed, hello brother!

Slightly off-topic then, where do you play and what do you run?

Back on topic. Again, the main intention of the car would be shit weather for work and Airsoft. 10 miles or so to get there so I won't use fuel too quickly.

Rifle behind the seats, bags in boot. Job done.

Toyota Starlet.

Cheap, Powerful, Reliable, Fun.

Not had time for a game in over a year now, been in training full time then illness got me
Usually up north, but I've played in the midlands as well

ICS Galil, G&G Scar, KSC Beretta M93R
Got a Marui 870 I need to get rid of...

Yeah, a volvo'd fit your needs nicely, just don't spec for a very expensive one because you probably don't need it! I paid ~£3300 for mine, from an indy volvo garage. Warranty came in handy for a frozen calliper, but it's otherwise been totally trouble free, so that's good.

Ohhh, that sucks.

If you can get down, Invasion Airsoft in Stockport. Every Sunday for CQB, I play and marshall there.

Krytac SDP and CRB. CA P90 (Need to get rid of), HFC MK23, WE M92A1 and G17 (Just got it)

I'd have to have a look around, and work out when I could actually get my lessons done. Don't have much time after work unfortunately.

>Rifle behind the seats
my gentlemen of colour, i could just about fit a G18c behind the seats. when i go air rifle...ing i just put it in the front seat (in its bag) as it can lay flat.

>Gentleman of colour
I ain't black. I'm a pasty ass ginger guy

The preferred term is "British African-American"

Go to be a Volvo m8

>ignition timing intensifies

alright bruvas, post dem sick corsa pics

I cart around my airsoft stuff in a miata.

Star H&K SL9
Star H&K G36K
Star H&K UMP
Tokyo Marui USP

Do I love them!

If you actually listened to me when I told you what to do you would not be having any issues whatsoever

>should I mark this?
>nah

Have you ever seen a crashed car and had to pause and wonder 'How in the fuck did that happen?'

Well today was that day.

>take this out and rotate it slightly to give us more adjustment
>ok so put it back in the same place 3 times right

Mind games

Go to bed Danny

>bed