Wargames General /wgg/

>What is this?
A general for all strategic, operational, and tactical wargames that can't generate enough traffic to sustain their own generals. ARMA need not apply.

>Attention Grabbing tags:
/wgg/ /sdg/ /rtt/ /rts/ /rtsg/ /tsg/ /mowg/ /mowassg/ /ctag/

>Example welcome games:
Steel Division: Normandy 44
Wargame: Red Dragon
Combat Mission
Call to Arms
Flashpoint Campaigns
Graviteam Tactics
Theatre of War
Men of War
Command: Modern Air Naval Operations
Armored Brigade
Close Combat
Steel Panthers MBT
CMANO

>Introduction to Steel Division:
paradoxplaza.com/steel-division-player-guide/

>Graviteam Tactics Downloads:
pastebin.com/TwMLZQ6h
pastebin.com/cgWbuPSS

>Interesting history links:
Cold War military technology ads:
vintageadbrowser.com/military-ads-1980s
/wgg/ misc Cold War literature:
mediafire.com/download/zfm69f0k91pmf0y/wgg-lit-v1.3.rar
The Soviet Army: troops, organization & equipment
fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm100-2-3.pdf
USMC intelligence North Korea handbook:
fas.org/nuke/guide/dprk/nkor.pdf
Everything there is to know about the T-62:
thesovietarmourblog.blogspot.my/2015/12/t-62.html

>Teamspeak server
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>MoW discord
discord.gg/watM75d

>Legacy Wargame General pasta and game-info repository:
pastebin.com/70Nwcb5m
dropbox.com/s/lon0cgmjfqwq1oi/WargameRD_Hidden_Knowledge_Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0
docs.google.com/document/d/1UvBiH3lrCFzLYnRzNzF49yVtaNHYLfi7dgMpNE517RM/

Other urls found in this thread:

luis-guzman.com/opengen.html
discord.gg/watM75d
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not dead?

Go play Open General.

luis-guzman.com/opengen.html

Killing a whale is pretty much the end of your career in the navy. Good job admiral.

nice malware

>End
>Not getting decorated for it

WHY DOES IT REFUSE TO DIE

which graviteam game are you playing? and which campaign?

I think firing a nuclear device would get you into bigger shit than killing the whale.

I hope you're all planning on buying Tunisia 1943 on Monday anons

Operation Star, Volokonovka.

They give you fuck all anti-tank, and two platoons consisting of KV-1's and T-34's to deal with. I had a single Pak-38 (lasted all of two seconds, tracked a T-34 before going down), some artillery (two nebels and a leFH battery), 8cm mortars, and the real joke, an engineer brigade with satchels. Most of the terrain is all wide open country too.

Absolutely disgusting, but strangely enjoyable.

War is hell, bruh.

So, Tomorrow are we being cock teased with 1 division or multiple divisions?

They've said "a" multiple times, but then again MadMat is a huge retard.

Anyone can explain to me why those brainless minions from paradox forums are so eager to give away their hard-earner money for something they might even not enjoy? SD44 has not even been realsed yet, and they are already asking for DLC's and are declaring that they will throw money on everything parajews will release. Bitch, instead encouraging developers to make complete, content rich games you are devaluating yourself into money-milking cow that will have to pay dozens of times for patching the incomplete game that back in they days you would get for a single price. I can't fucking understand those kind of people.

Tanks able to fire smoke rounds when?

>Buying game on the first day because of the hype, instead on the sale.
Are you even strategist?

tanks and inf able to use smoke grenades when?

Infantry already can

Infantry already can you fucking idiot jesus christ fucking end yourself already. Are you blind? Did your mother drop you on your head? What is wrong with you? What happened to you that caused you to end up in this situation? How could ANYONE possibly be this fucking stupid? Why haven't you killed yourself already and done the entire world a favor?

Kill yourself Greg

prove it

b

discord.gg/watM75d

Join discord

Play games

Win!

Is this like a SABOW sequel thing, or a Tactics sequel? Or its own thing? The steam page seems kind of vague, and if it was tactics, it seems really soon after Mius, and the lack of title. I'd have thought an expansion would just go as DLC like Hooper/China did. I'd imagined they'd release a few more campaigns on Mius before bringing out a sequel too, given how much Star has.

Wait and see I guess.

Toxic people like you are not welcomed in /wgg/. Please don't ever post in here again.

How about you toxically suck my sweaty cock

so only one squad in the game? wow

i said infantry

not baby hand held flamethrower food

>AI moves 12 M5A1s to flank me
>Only have one Panzer 3 on that side
wew

It's a Tactics series game, they're not using the Graviteam Tactics title because it's being published by Strategy First and not themselves.

Your low level of culture implies you have been brought in the dysfunctional family. Your parents, probably the lower class manual workers have never took the time to teach you the proper manners and rules of social interaction with other human beings. Cluless on how to act you resort to verbal violence and agression since that is what's the most familiar to you.

At least I can spell "clueless" you candle sniffing fuckfence.

Ahh okay, good to hear. I'll pick it up for sure then.

I'm hoping that they'll still be developing Mius front though, I was really hoping that game would get as fleshed out as Star was.

>Win!
You underestimate how shit I am.

It looks good but why none of that cool tank sim stuff that steel beasts had?

You underestimate how shit discord subhumans can be

discord is literal reddit

what gaem?

Not an argument

>discord
fuck off nigger. Discord kills threads and turns generals into dramafaggotry.

Yeah I thought that too, but if you can't beat em join em. Also need some pay to play with you homos.

Combat Mission

Looks like Combat Mission: Fortress Italy

t. Craig

>When you hold your sector and try to re-enforce others, but you just can't do it
Feels bad. I was stuck with the open field as 2nd Infantry, so I though If I could just hold it and invest in Airpower maybe I could help people push somewhere else. But every body got pushed back except for me and another due at the middle.

>when you are playing 3v3 in men of war and you side is fucking empty so you decide to help push the other side but then your side gets norfolwergferd

Is SD multiplayer dead or is it just me?

Sometimes there aren't many lobbies, sometimes there are loads. But host a game and people join pretty damn quickly. Never takes me over 5 mins to get a 2v2.

>play combat with friends long time ago
>almost every single time the enemy can't make a frontline
>win every time

I wish the maps had a bit more depth since it's barely worth it going halfway.

>Call in a B-4 240mm artillery gun in Men of War
>Fire it at an enemy tank
>Shell lands
>Tank gets lifted up by the explosion and is flipped over

I love this game

No you retard, I mean literally not working. I guess there's my answer.

Woah there Mr Salt, don't like the way that someone answered your fucking question immediately?
Fuck off you ungrateful cunt.

Requesting the 17lbr Pepe

Get fucked, cunt.

>I hate the maps in RD!
>this is fine though

ok?

>hating bocage

Looking for a problem and not finding it

Where is the issue?

>4 road chokepoints in the middle
>lots of cover for inf
Where's the problem?

>>I wish the maps had a bit more depth since it's barely worth it going halfway.
play on maps with larger player counts

I feel like Scotts are the most balanced division. And by balanced, I mean fit for any situation. The only thing they seem to lack is air power.

2x ASF Spitfires for Phase A is great

Scots are still really good despite the nerf. Which is fine considering their record in the Battle of Normandy

I love the Scots. The only thing I would like is for them to get Achilles in their AT tab, replacing the A30 with the Firefly (I can't find a single instance where the Scots were supported by the A30 but I can for the Firefly)

That and a bit of accuracy regarding their transport options. Gib Sextons /spoiler]

Looks like bocage country.

For anyone wondering, found some info from one of the devs regarding this.

>The Graviteam Tactics does not go anywhere. It will continue to develop of the eastern front (and not only EF). But TW will be dedicated to the Allies and the "conventional" Western front.

>GTMF is game about the Eastern front (mostly USSR vs Germany) and in the future, a little bit about post-war events. There can not be Africa or the DLC about Africa during the Second World War.

Potential hint at Korean war DLC for MF?

>>I recall some pictures of British equipment in the epic "next campaign" thread. The British were in Tunisia in 1943 (so was my dad!) - so are the British also in TW?
>Yes, will be, but not from the release.

... and that's where it looks like the thread devolved into autists harassing the developer about miscellaneous bullshit about MF AI, instead of probing for further Tunisia information. I feel bad for the dev, he must have to put up with a lot of autistic screeching.

Wouldn't mind some heavier British bombers 2bh

I'm pretty sure nobody at Graviteam is proficient enough in English to actually understand their fan's posts.

Dear Combat Mission friends. How do you guys deal with MG42s as the allies?/ I find myself getting absolutely slaughtered unless I have local tank support available and often the scenario means I don't.

I get suppressed big time and Germany seems to have them in abundance in Normandy.

What would you advise?

Love user.

>I feel bad for the dev, he must have to put up with a lot of autistic screeching
Every thread devolves into this. Pretty sure devs hire community managers to avoid reading stupid people.

Using Arty and CAS or your own HMG teams/M3s with 50 cals.

It's amusing to read the manuals they release. As someone with a rudimentary understanding of Russian, their Runglish is very obvious. It's kind of endearing. They'll be mixing up stuff like in / on, missing out on words that cases would ordinarily cover in Russian, plus other little things that translate weirdly to English, being literally shifted word for word from how you'd say them in Russian.

Sounds like mortar time, but I dont play that game yet.

go around them, AI wont re-position

If you are playing against a person, just use mortars or smoke if you dont have armor

>still no explanation of sudden attack or any of the other messages that pop up in graviteam

They're sitting on my objective

My only issue with mortars is that they often take >2 mins to arrive and are inaccurate as fuck. I need good LOS to call them in and that means MG42 slaughter time.

Crawl to a spotting position and order your spotters to not open fire.

Speaking of Scotts, two matches in a row I've pushed my opposite back into their spawn. AA spam actually shoot down aircraft as well which is nice and pretty necessary if you want to push significantly past the half way point on the map.

And the award of the "Arty Clown of the Year" goes to....

>Not bringing that much artillery

Post deck

I see nothing wrong here.

no one cares sharkey

Please no bully

Less Bren groups and more rifles.

Otherwise I can see myself being able to win with that deck

Which Wargame (as in the Eugen series) is the best one?

I could throw in one more rifle group instead, but I do love my quick 15 point infantry for taking and holding ground in uncontested areas. I'll think about it.

Airland Battle or EE. Though ALB I prefer over EE

Airspam battle

Bren groups are worse in CQC because no SMG

Red Dragon without question. Its only issues are related to the recent DLCs.

wrong

Red Dragon at the exact moment SPAAGs got their IRL rate of fires. Everything beyond that was downhill.

EE

wwii is boring lmfao

Why are the people at the back grinding in public?

class struggle in their underpants

How do I git gud at Graviteam Op Star?

Can't even figure out communications or how to make artillery attack ground