/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #745 - Special Zone Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

www10.zippyshare.com/v/Vh05gC9s/file.html
imgur.com/a/8iWSO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fast

2nd for Forces will be good

LET US TALK ABOUT METAL SONIC

source code for the cump in sonic 1 hack. lets make sure to add it to the OP next time.

www10.zippyshare.com/v/Vh05gC9s/file.html

What are we going to autistically screech about today?

>not letting /sthg/ die

For what purpose?

>Tantalus is working on Switch version of Mania
They're an odd company, when working on anything rated E-T they are referred to as Tantalus but when working on M rated games they are called Straight Right.
Good news is they at least have a great track record.

I like them.

>cump
what did he mean by this?

It's Bump's sluttier older sister who taught Bump everything she knows.

He's not gonna be in either upcoming Sonic games, is he?

What's their parents like?

Always loved Liris-San's work.

Poastin it again. I did a color edit of the Robotnik sign thing. Credits the original artist for the base drawing.

>yfw forces has a mass produced metal sonic enemy

Nice.

Bump is an orphan and Sage's parents abused her as a child

Special Stages sure look weird. I wonder what Sonic thought when he first visited one.

>Good news is they at least have a great track record.
Until it gets ruined by Sonic.

Maybe he could be in Mania if they pay tribute to Sonic CD

They some how managed to make a decent port of ME3, they'll be fine. These are the fucking funky barn people they got this shit.

Do you guys think we'll get a Mega Collection of sorts for the switch, just a bundle of old sonic games. If it's be anywhere I'd think it'd be on the Switch.

Friendly reminder that Bump loves all of you unconditionally and wishes that you guys would stop arguing about stupid shit

I think it's been said that there will be a Sonic CD stage in Mania, so I could totally see him (& hopefully Amy) getting cameos that way

I'd love to have one for Taxman's remakes and new extras. Also SA1&2 Ultimate HD Remaster.

I'd prefer the Taxman remasters.

Assuming otherwise, it'll be the VC.

Well I love her and will never stop arguing about pointless inane shit

B-but Metal Sonic is not stupid!

Never heard of Taxman remakes, What makes 'em special? Did he put the Super Peel Out and Spindash in 'em?

do you even like Sonic anymore?

More than I should...

He put the Spin Dash in one. No love for the peelout outside of CD.

CD is everywhere, 1 and 2 are mobile only cause there was an exclusivity deal with Nintendo that would be contradicted otherwise. 3&K has legal troubles with the music, so it's a no go, but there was a proof of concept.

You can set them off against tax liability.

Ah thanks for the info!

Can it beat TurboTax?

Forgot to mention what else make them so special, they are HD remakes from the ground up with 16:9 or whatever support. They use the Retro Engine to recreate the physics of the old days, and it's thought to be accurate.

>tfw love the Boost/Adventure/Classic games equally, comics, Boom TV show, all the female characters (although I like Amy the most), & am hyped for Forces & Mania

Yeah, I still like Sonic.

Somehow. I enjoy most of the games, I like the Boom show, I like the comic [/spoiler]but now it's fucking dead[/spoiler]

Where to start to learn 3D modeling?

Yeah I just checked out Sonic Nexus too, it's amazing, and I heard they're working for Mania now, so that's awesome.

I like what Sonic could be. It's annoying that this is never really realized, but there's enough there to keep me holding out in some vain delusional hope that they'll get it right some day.

I like him more now currently than I did for the last 4 years.

Never stopped?

n

>yfw when the reason the music is so shitty is because it was made for a genesis sound chip

>Your face when when

>implying yfw doesn't mean your face where

>good 2D classic games
>good adventure games
>good boost games
it's gonna be a long ride

What was it that made 16bit games good that Sonic Team of today can't replicate?

Actual Genesis music would sound better. It sounds like someone tossed in a generic indy bleep bloop """""retro""""" soundfont, like with Sonic 4's music.

What if I made a drawing with Bump, Sage and an OC of mine?

The physics and level design.

Depends on the OC and what they'd be doing.

Wait a moment... the shitposting here is made to distract people of posting Sticks! It's all some sort of evil plan to worship the wrong girls!

Mostly the physics. The main problem is that they think of classic Sonic as how it looks or sounds instead of how it feels to play it.

Go for it. Sage needs more art.

>tfw going from pre rendered Sonic cutscenes to the shitty in engine ones
Why are so many devs bad at in engine animations?

This. It's the main reason why I think Lost World is one of the worst games in the series. They think they can just slap green strips and brown checkers on whatever they please and call it "classic" while at the same time spitting in the face of what actually put Sonic on the map in the first place: his pinball-like physics.

is that some downblouse?

Daffy looks weird.

No. I just used that pic because it had Sage in it.

So, she's a superhero then?

A infamous one, I'd say.

nice pic. we need more decent wallpapers around the general

It won't be shipping though.

What the fuck is stopping Sega from making a full 3D Boost Formula Sonic game? All the ones so far have had certain gimmicks in the way.

Sega are willing to take huge gambles like Lost World and Boom, but a game featuring a polished and beloved gameplay style without a crutch? Get the fuck out of here.

This is a bit off topic, but I have a question:

Do you prefer classic or reboot Lara Croft?

Money. 3D Boost is easily the worst cost-to-gameplay gameplay Sonic has ever had.

Classic.

Reboot look, classic personality.

Fuck you

That's technically 24 hours, but it works, I guess.

I wanted to make sure you were awake.

and yet here we are with forces. maybe if the game flops they'll realize the error of their ways and stick to just classic and 2D boost

Bump Girl!

>Sega
>realizing the error of their ways
>even after all those flops in the Sonic series

Lost World was itself an attempt to move away from the boost formula and we saw how that worked.

The core problem is that the people in charge of Sonic Team are all incompetent. Nothing's going to be solved until that's fixed.

Pretty much. The problem is their design philosophy. They added things to move away from the boost formula in LW but designed the levels like they were making a boost game. Only with more shitty gimmicks sprinkled on top.

Where is the epic crossover event issue with Golden Girl?

Can Classic Sonic fuck off from the 3D games already?

It's getting harder to.

Didn't they try this with Sonic and the Secret Rings?

When does Sonic Go come out?
I want to collect rings and find all seven chaos emeralds this summer instead of collecting this hideous "Pokemon"

WAHEY!

OH SHIT NIGGER I want these mugs so fucking bad

Remember when I said I'll color the Bunnie pic tomorrow?

I lied.

imgur.com/a/8iWSO

Close up of the edgiest one. Also best one.

why the fuck does japan get all the cool shit?

I want that shadow mug lmao

is a prerequisite to scowl while drinking it

This looks really great. Who are you going to do next?

Yes, absolutely. You also have to growl just before sipping.

Clove, but that one I will -definitely- reserve for tomorrow as it's getting late here.

GE Animation is an American company. You can probably order it off their website (like Joypolis would, since GE don't sell directly in shops).

Fucking choice. Can't wait for Clove.

Hopefully you do Nicole too but no one has uploaded a good quality pic yet.

Unfortunately all those are non microwaveable but i'd love to have it as a collectible. I love that edgy hedgie