>your oil leak is mostly labor costs
>synthetic oil is a scam
>ill steal your weed if you leave it out
>your shit will come out of alignment if you don't buy the parts I recommend

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Modern-Automotive-Technology-James-Duffy/dp/1619603705
amazon.com/Automotive-Technology-Systems-Approach-5th/dp/1428311491
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I recommend coolant flushes on most vehicles and tell you it's good to do in the summertime.
>change your fuel filter once in awhile diesel fags
>fuel pumps are quick money on most vehicles
>fuel injection service could ruin your engine

>synthetic oil is a scam
yep.

>conventional oil can go 5000+ miles
yeah, unless you're running over a bar of boost and WOT all day.

I'd take ppl's drugs too if they were dumb enough to leave them in the console.

As a mechanic why do you think other mechanics tell other people that being a mechanic sucks ass and do you hate being one? I think mechanics that say it sucks say it because they're pussies and went in thinking that if they become one they would be able to do a bunch of "sik modz brah" to cars and become super cool race car drivers after that

>All "flushing" machines are designed to destroy the connected system.

>watch me charge you 800$ to put dual performance mufflers on
>no I won't blow your air filter out because your mechanic will change it
>commission is the name of the game
>if you're a cutie ill smell your seat
>Fuck your coupon for a 20$ oil change with tire rotation

I think people that say that genuinely don't like what they do. I take pride in my work on the side, but working for a corporation has really opened my eyes to the way a business is run. It's about the almighty dollar bill yall. I don't mind doing the work but I have plans other than being a mechanic

Not all of them tho

"""""mechanic"""""" that works at Jiffylube

Do you do warranty work?

>Mechanic at Midas
>Might as well be a mechanic at Walmart

What's the weirdest issue or answer to an issue you've found?

Mine is a guy came in with a flat tire and we found a bunch of bits of deer antlers
Turns out he hit a deer the day before but thought he just grazed it

Offer advice on basic maintenance items please

>fuel injection service could ruin your engine

Why do you scam old ladies?

are women more often coming with an ill maintained car or is it just a myth?

I decided to buy Supertech full synthetic and Supertech filter for my 2000 Nissan maxima. Did I do good?

Only on things we warranty.

Wally world doesn't pay commission so Fuck that

Probably had a cat wrapped around a driveshaft and it was making a small thumping noise.

Regular oil changes, air filters, transmission flush if applicable before 80k miles, keep it aligned to reduce tire wear.

Imagine all the carbon buildup over 150k miles being shot through your injection system all at once.

Depends on financial status

Not familiar with the brand but again, most oil products aren't that different. Except dexos, that's a manufacturing scam.

We really don't, I like to give discounts if the customer is willing to pay for a decent amount of work

Do you have any training or schooling?

>my bosses want me to make your 30$ oil change into a 100$ one by selling you filters

>if you don't service your rotors you will end up paying for it

>if I have to evac and recharge your a/c I will charge you. Only a visual check is free.

>GM 3400 and 3500 series engines have problems with oil filter adapter gasket leaks, just saying

>0w20 and 5w20 are almost interchangeable, but for warm climates I suggest the latter.

>if your car stinks we will laugh at you

>ill smell your seat if you're cute.

Not ASE, but I've taken hunter training classes and various other teachings by our equipment vendors.

are all of your knowledge from classes? can you also recommend some books for someone who wants to learn about cars and how to take care of them?

Why is a tech talking to customers? What kind of shit hole doesn't have service advisors to take care of that?

Why do so many of you faggots end up drug addicts? You act like working on cars is SO hard that you need to be on at least pills and heroine, meth too if you're at a mom and pop shop instead of tire discounters.

how did you become a mechanic at midas? what are your career goals? life goals?

To add to this
>>cabin filters cost us around 3-10$ and we sell for 20-40$
That's called profit. Congrats on learning how companies make money.
>>conventional oil can go 5000+ miles
No shit.
>>your oil leak is mostly labor costs
No shit. Things have to come apart, and why would you replace unneeded parts?
>>synthetic oil is a scam
no the fuck it is not
>>ill steal your weed if you leave it out
Degenerate
>>your shit will come out of alignment if you don't buy the parts I recommend
That's called doing your job.

You must work at a fucking shit hole for real

He's a lube tech not a mechanic, what do you expect?

Lube techs don't touch anything but oil and tires at my place

>What kind of shit hole doesn't have service advisors to take care of that?
Smaller mom and pop type places. You know, the ones people go to when the warranty is up because they don't want a dealer that has a sleazy service advisor ripping them off.

>Ask a mechanic
Why? I'd never leave my car with one of you losers to begin with, so I need not ask anything other than "why are you such a faggot?"

>I don't know how service departments work
Let me enlighten you how my job goes

>take customer complaint
>hand to tech
>tech gives me list of parts that need replacing and why
>parts department gives me prices on needed parts
>I add up parts prices with set labor rate
>show customer findings
>they either approve or disapprove

Your fault you brought an old shitbox to a dealership to have major repairs done.

You guys are disgustig if you're smelling seats.

I et the crumbs from the seats

Mostly on the job learning and stuff from when I was young.

I double as a customer advisor.

Meth is big in this industry but I don't Fuck with it

I am also in a volunteer fire dept. And I plan on riding that until they send me for EMS classes next year.

He meant that synthetic oil is useless to use as fuck lube for for his boyfriends ass. He just drags a finger next to your oil leak and uses that.

Business is slow today. Shop has barely cleared 2000 so far.

>Midas
>mechanic
I can change oil and break pads too, does that make me a mechanic?

My transmission isn't slipping per say but it's like it's "hunting" for 3rd gear like it almost doesn't have the power to engage 3rd gear do you know what that could be on my auto tragic transmission?

High vacuum pressure

>Looks like you'll need a new transmission
>That'll be $5,000.

And apparently the lead paint from the walls too

Those shady mechanics who do the work without approval and then get mad when you tell them you don't want it and to put it the fuck back to normal.

>mechanic
>works at basic service garage

So where's that ASE certificate at?

That's why we have to have approval to do anything.

If I leave my loaded handgun in the center console will you kill yourself with it?

The fuckers don't get approval, do the work, and then bitch about having to return the car to normal because they did the work without approval hoping that you will just pay for the work rather than wait to get your car back.

You left out a few things such as hard selling filters, tires, fuel injection cleanings, 60K services, etc, and how you get shit on by the service manager if you don't sell your quota per day.

And then there's the tech in the back pencil whipping the repairs on half a dozen cars that morning.

>Your list: lifetime warranty bosch henessey yoshimura TRD performance strut $150
>"hey man can I just get the generic OEM copy for thirty bucks"
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Not where I work, homie.

We have OEM replacement parts with 2 year/Unlimited mile warranties. Any of your aftermarket shit gets laughed out of the building.

>mfw the "mechanics" and "service writers" on Veeky Forums all work at Jiffy Lube

top fucking kek

>oh shit I just replaced a starter time to upload so pics to facebook! #bornforthis #bigboysbigtoys
>I had to call two different dealerships but I was able to find that buttplug and make the sale with the pressure on, that $.25 commision will be sweet! #bornsalesman #icetoaneskimo

Honestly just fucking sad m8s

Don't quote me, faggot. I work for one of the Big Three. A smaller, locally owned dealer, but still have to play by the manufacturers rules.

You mean business management degree?

Fuck you bitch, I worked for a guy who was in one of the big 10.

>synthetic oil is a scam

Fucking moron.

calling a lube tech a mechanic is like calling hillary the legitimate president

>midas
>mechanic

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Do you ever recommend shit that people don't need? This is the one thing I always hated in commission based jobs. I guess I have too much of a conscience to screw people over or sell them shit they don't need.

Only relevant thread.

>Take care in for warranty work
>They do the work
>Change lightbulb that isn't under warranty
>Well I thought it was under warranty, good thing is that's all you have to pay for
>That'll be $50

Fucking scum.

>being a blue collar wagie
L M A O

>calling a lube tech a mechanic is like calling hillary the legitimate president
what's wrong with that? hell, she only lost in my county because lots of people kept saying a vote for her is a vote for black lives matter. BLM soured the voters here because defending blacks robbing and killed an old man, blacks shot up a bus stop to kill drug selling rivals, and blacks beat,shot, home invaded, and always plead innocent in court. all those things happened in election year and were fresh in voter minds here.

hillary was winning until blm came and tried to have some of those black criminals set free due to finding the suspects by racial profiling, shooting a suspect (after he assaulted cop with weapon in hand), etc. voters were sick of blm trying to set these hyper-violent criminals free. so the talk changed to become a vote for hillary is a vote for blm violence.

the worst was killing the old man who was known for kindliness, volunteer work, and giving to homeless shelters. i guess those blacks wanted money. they had to kill him since he probably recognized them from volunteering at the shelter. snitching witnesses are bad ya know. got to kill all snitches. so they did. but security cameras caught them because police followed blurry images at the scene back until they found good good camera footage elsewhere showing the identity clear enough for people to remember them. so voting for hillary was like voting for those black dudes killing and shooting.

How much do you make an hour? Do you get commission/bonuses?

Shut the fuck up

If you were a mechanic why would you take a job at Midas? Story doesn't add up.

Do you do any engine/transmission work?

more like oil change and timing belt technician lol.

Let's play spot the guy who has zero idea as to what he's talking about

The truth hurts

>I'll smell where u fart all day

Are any of you real technicians, or just pretend?

Do you encounter many if any cars with CVT transmissions, if so how are they for general reliability. I have a cvt lancer (2010 vrx), and i try to generally baby the car and not drive it hard in the hopes the transmission isn't going to grenade itself. As long as you look after most of the things (oil/coolant etc. regularly) and don't push the car a lot are cvts/auto transmissions in general fairly reliable? My car is still relatively new as i have not driven it much, ~39,000 miles done.

i hope you addressed the muffler issue on that classic with correct OEM NOS bailing wire.

HOW the fuck am I supposed to find an honest mechanic ?
Places like ntb kind of suck as well
And shit, what if I want something better than OEM but don't want to pay their markup from the mechanic
Reeeeeee

>HOW the fuck am I supposed to find an honest mechanic ?
I've been using the same mechanic for the past 15 years. My father back in 1991 was looking for a good mechanic to get his truck serviced and found him at random. It's nice when you know a mechanic you can trust. I never have to worry about being overcharged and I know he will always try and get the best deal he can on parts. Shady mechanics are a dime a dozen, the honest ones seem to be getting hard to find.

Imo cvt transmission are as reliable as other transmissions. They have similar limitations and issues. The only real difference is they're more expensive than traditional transmissions. From my experiences, Nissan has the worst cvt out there with how many failures they get. Honda and Toyota are generally good. Same with Ford. You pretty much have to look up the car in question and find out what common late mileage problems people run into.

Of course they aren't. With how much pseudo science old wives tales that get thrown around here as facts this board should get its own disclaimer "any story on here is a work of fiction and only a fool would take it for serious"

>As utterly irrelevant and irritating as this was, he got dubs twice.
Just accept that what he said is true, regardless of the fact that nobody is interested in that while reading a thread like this and move on.

Not really. The closest I can admit to is coolant flushes on any car over 60k miles. You gotta change the antifreeze out for coolant.

I enjoy my work though.

15% commission my friend.

Small town and brand recognition. I was at 14/hr doing transmission removal and replacing but I needed more.

I do it all baby

Of course, just don't dog on your vehicle too much. I've replaced many CV shafts and seals because yall dog on em.

Fuck no, I used a J hook hanger and a couple spot welds. I replaced both of the hangers with new ones. I prefer reliability.

>don't dog
>dog
You means lug or rev?

seriously i always wonder who the fuck goes to these shit tier shops. i feel like they rent cars to park out front to sucker people in.

They have those mail-out coupon specials that attract people in whether it is brake specials per axle or alignment. Once in there, they do their inspection and find a list of things they can do for you for a fee of course. The brake special is the loss leader to get you to visit in the first place.

You have to find the slightly autistic shade tree mechanic that actually enjoys working on cars

Most mechanics hate cars and do it to fuel their drug addictions

amazon.com/Modern-Automotive-Technology-James-Duffy/dp/1619603705

amazon.com/Automotive-Technology-Systems-Approach-5th/dp/1428311491

buy used/ older versions if you just want something to learn.
the second book has a little more on practical application of the knowledge imo

Are you scotyy kilmer?

There are some automotive book torrents in the /t/ section of Veeky Forums a few months ago. Don't know if those torrents are still around....

>Most mechanics hate cars and do it to fuel their drug addictions

it's really shitty, that attitude is why the industry is so corrupt and miserable. It makes its way into the curriculum in automotive technology courses too.

It's why the average mechanic throws his hands up at anything more technically involved than a wiring diagram and tend to be the ones in most automotive circles whinging about where carburettors have gone.

>>Midas
Confirmed for bitchass parts hanger that can't diag his way out of a paper bag.

>synthetic oil is a scam
This is why you're a mechanic and not an engineer.

It's because we are the most skilled people in the building that have to pay for their own tools and sometimes training, but owners/managers and the OEM's treat us like replaceable shit because they don't value good technicians and sure as hell can't tell the difference between a good tech and a bad one.

I am, as are several others on the board. You won't see us making threads like this because we already answer stupid questions all day, the last thing I want to do is go home and do it for free. This board is for entertainment only.

t. roastie

>he thinks a CVT is a type of universal joint

>doesn't know the difference between cv joint and cvt trans

>cv joint and cvt trans
So glad my car has neither.

itt (correction): ask a fucking lube monkey.