I'm a muslim ask me anything but stay polite please

I'm a muslim ask me anything but stay polite please.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/magazine-22152700
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do I a car engine???

Why is Islam more valid to you than any other claim about God, or gods or other nebulous "higher powers"?

Are you a Muslim?

Among Islamic middle easterners, how accepted is the idea of jahiliyya in regards to approaching pre-Mohammad artifacts and history.

Surely there are the preservation minded, but how common is that?

What do you think about the expansion of islam through military conquests and subsequent political and economical domination ?
Was it good ? Was it holy ?

You put the car key into the hole and turn it.

I think its basically because I was born into doesn't mean that I believe it less though also having one powerful entity who made everything or started the process of making everything sounds more logical to me than having a entity which is divided into three.
Also the idea that god would have a child sounds weird to me like why would he make a son instead of appointing a mortal to do his bidding like before ?

Yeah

I'm not really from a middle eastern background but I think in general people care about preserving history or are at least uncaring about it even if it has nothing to do with the faith.

I think conquest and domination of others by a certain group are just natural happenings ,for me what is important is how the conquerors act towards the conquered but anyway there might have been some divine favour in it or it could have been basically about competent people doing there things.

not your blog

Why are Muslims so racist?

If you're only a Muslim because it's more appealing than Christianity why would you consider Islam more appealing than atheism?

what are your thoughts on Lutheranism?

Hello fellow muslim.
look at a map of pre-roman Semitic speaking areas. Now look at a map of modern islam.

If you do the same towards Xstians, then you'll notice which one spread by the "sword"

I think a thread like this might help this board much more than the 44th thread about how Hitler could have won.

I think everyone's racist in some way actually but you're right most of us are racist against everyone even to other muslims but I think it might have something to do with nationalism.

Because to me it sounds more logical that all the processes of creation started somewhere by a certain entity instead of plain chance.
Also all the materials where everything got created from had to come from somewhere as matter or energy can not come out of nothing.
So I like to think that god maybe atleast created that and let nature run its course or it might be through 'divine' power.

Sounds like another version of protestantism to me but aside from that I don't know much about it.
I know more about protestants and catholics as the country I live has mostly them.

Selam aleykum

Semitic speaking areas ? The arabic peninsula, mesopotamia, syria and palestine, and tunisia.
Muslims conquered all this in war, and also the rest of north africa, mali and sudan, persia, central asia, india, anatolia, the balkans, the mediterranean islands and the iberic peninsula.

Christianism was also spread by the sword, but not in its early stages.
But I'm atheist anyway, all your delusions are, in principle, equally frightening to me.

Do you believe muhammed flew on a horselike creature to heaven while nobody was looking?

Is killing aposthates justified?

>So I like to think that god maybe atleast created that and let nature run its course or it might be through 'divine' power.
How do you make the jump from that to a doctrinal religion centered on a moralistic god ? In other words, why do you trust the coran, the hadiths and the rest ?

How do you make the perfect Turkish coffee?

Why did T*rks convert to Islam when they're raki drinking barbarians?

What is the penalty for apostasy?

It might have been a metaphor or it might have been real however I am open to the existance of supernatural so it might have been how it literally went down but we'll never know.
Also no thats too extreme but if the family wants to disown him or her thats their right to do and nobody should get between that I think.

Well like I said earlier it might have been a metaphor it might have been exactly as explained we don't know but also I trust the quran because still a lot of rules and guidelines are solid even for todays use.
For example I can understand why drinking smoking etc is forbidden.

You fill one porcelain coffee cup with water and you pour that into the cezve which is the thing I posted in the OP.
Then you put a tea spoon of coffee also into the cezve followed by one sugar cube. Afterwards you put the on the fire while stirring it and when the coffee starts to foam and rise you stop.
If you want more than one cup you'll have to scale with the amounts I said above.

It was mostly persian influence which converted the early turks also most muslims drink the important thing is not to get to the point that you're acting as a retard or getting sick from it.

I think canonically it was death but nobody does that in this age.

So can you legit beat your wife with a stick no thicker than your thumb? Is this legal?

Great, thank you for the instructions. I tried coffee from a dzezva while travelling in Bosnia, it was a revelation to me. It's not just the taste, but the whole ritual of drinking is slow and time stops for that short while.

How do you feel about the fact your religion was created by a man who was modifying Christianity in the 600's AD?

emphasis on "created by a man"

You can beat your wife in islam she should have done something very wrong but anyway society has been past that and in most musls countries that is being looked down upon heavily.

Its best done with other people it gets really comfy then also if it isn't sweet enough put two sugar cubes instead of one and if you find it too sweet put a half sugar cube.

So the main issue I don't get with Islam is that from what I understand it claims that the Quran is God's word, and that Mohammed is the messenger. How do the hadiths work into that then? Why would God reveal a vision that needs extra texts to flesh out rules such as how to pray, instead of just including it in the Quran? To me it just seems to betray God's omnipotence. Thanks for reading.

He was just an instrument of god's will who updated god's religion and brought it back on the right path.
Also with that attitude you could say that all religions are manmade.

Thanks for your response gentleman.

So you say the guy was "updating" Gods' religion even though that same God is quoted as saying he is unchanging and false profits will come and try to modify things.

What do you say to this?

>a lot of rules and guidelines are solid even for todays use. For example I can understand why drinking smoking etc is forbidden.

But you don't need to believe to follow these rules. And they're not so solid : completely forbidding alcohol is different from choosing not to drink yourself stupid or sick.

And there's a lot of rules that are not solid at all, like the apostasy ones. The law says you must kill the apostates, and you refuse to follow that law - but because you believe, you half-ass it and say it's still okay to disown the guilty and break family bonds over it.

Obviously, tolerant and solid families are better than broken ones, but religion stops you from accepting that.

So your argument "I trust it because its rules are good" fails. Why do you really trust it, and let it sway your morals ?

How do you feel about ISIS and the stereotypes they've placed around Muslims?

Why would God need a book in the first place, be it the Quran or the Bible, if he's omnipotent ?

Not OP but maybe God would design a book so mortals could better understand God. Given that it could be hard for us to wrap our heads around being such as a god.

Presumably so that it's Word may be spread and codified, while being able to not directly intervene.

pls respond Mr. Moslem

God also said according to us that the earlier religions have been corrupted it wouldn't be far fetched to think that the people who changed the earlier religions said that everyone coming after them is a fake to safeguard their religion and authority ofcourse islam also says that but well it after that comes down to a matter of having faith.
It would be easy to believe if everything would be spelled out and shown literally.

Ofcourse thats all possible but anyway it didn't come from someone else also with most islamic laws the philosophy is to be its better safe than sorry so the rules can be extreme in some regards. Also apostasy rules might not be ok in nowadays' society but they were a thing long ago even with christianity. It's basically a changing society's rules against that of the faith.

Its basically fucked up people also forget that until now most victims were other muslims or non muslims in the middle east.

To have a codified version of his laws.

Easy user I need time to write everything.

Christianity never once advocated for apostasy tho. Maybe "Christian" people sure did..

desu I think it is lame that you can pick and choose what laws you want to believe in or obey.

With all due respect.

>To have a codified version of his laws.
He could just make them known to everyone directly, with the subtleties and the details, without having to rely on the imperfect medium that is the written word, and avoiding the misunderstandings and corruptions.
>It would be easy to believe if everything would be spelled out and shown literally.
Why must god make it difficult for us ?

I think written word is pretty easy, it's how we pass knowledge. Would you prefer that God comes down from the sky every 5 minutes with an update? Yeah actually that sounds cool.

Why is Yazid such a cunt?

Well I know that when I'm drinking with a few friends for example that it is a sin but life is pretty boring without sinning from time to time however I try to make up for that by doing good things occasionally.
Also trying to fit into society while keeping track all of islam's rules is pretty hard so I try to balance things out a bit.

To see if your faith endures during hardship its basically all a test of character to see if you're fit for heaven or hell.

Do you acknowledge the heirs of Ali as the rightful successors of the prophet and of all Islam?

So are you of the opinion that the Ummayads were good or bad rulers? Were the Abbasids justified in revolting against them?

Also do you think the Ottoman caliphs were legitimate?

>It's basically a changing society's rules against that of the faith.
Does the Quran or something says which ones are to be followed when they are divergent ? If no, why not ?
And how do you decide between faith and society ?
You seem to choose society over faith when the conflict is inevitable (death penalty over apostasy), and to choose faith only when it can be accomodated by society (alcohol and drugs).
Why don't you recognize in principle what you recognize in pratice : that the word of your god is inferior to that of your fellow man ? And why don't you follow that logic to its conclusion, that this is not an absolute god and that you should not worship it ?

Do you think that the Turks and Mongols highjacked Islam to legitimize their rule? It seems like everything went to shit once they started running things.

Are comparisons between ISIS and the Kharijites apt in your opinion? What are some of the similarities.

I'm sure it was because of the political climate he sd to live in.

I think merit has prevalence over lineage so it doesn't matter who becomes caliph if there is going to be one in the near future. He has to be a ruler which has the people's interest at heart.

They seemed liked good rulers which tried but just had too much political instability to deal with at this point it was already clear that the arabs were having a hard time staying unified due to internal strife also a change of leadership from time to time is good to keep stagnation away there is a bigger chance for new ideas to be tried.

Normally when there is a caliphate the caliph can change religious rules with the backing a counsil of scholars but last century there hasn't been one caliphate from which this could happen also I ofcourse value god's judgement more than a common man's but its easier following something that you can see and hear also most of my friends are atheists so I have to go a bit with that from time to time that's why I try to compensate my sinning eith good deeds if I have the oppurtunity.

Mongols might be but I don't think it was in the case of the turks because when they started to rule anatolia it was still christian so the turks would have become christians then.
Also the 16th century ottoman empire was the wst thing for muslims.
The middle east was safe aside from mesopotamia from time to time.
Iberian expansion in the med got halted and european expansion into muslim land like during the crusades was basically stopped.
The ottams might have lacked scientific discoveries at the scale of earlier caliphates but they were very good in the rest that is until the decline set in.

They seem very common but I don't understand ISIS' endgame tb h it surely isn't a worldwide caliphate as they say they are far too brutal for that as they would need to wind the heart of atleast the majority of muslims around the world.
Instead they are pissing most off.

>I don't understand ISIS' endgame
To bring about the endtimes desu

where does it say that Muslims are not allowed to drink alcohol? and why?

afaik it's because of a verse that you shouldn't alter your state of mind and stay clear minded, but a bit of alcohol wouldn't cause it so why the entire ban? didn't the prophet drink wine?

Not him but I think the term "neo-kharjites" had been around long before IS. It apply to all takfiri since late 20th century onwards.

Good thing that they are failing then.

That's also how I was thinking about it but The thing with islamic rules is generally to be better safe than sorry.

This might sound weird, but how do most devout Muslims learn to have sex properly? Is it like with some Orthodox Jews where a sex manual is needed? Is sex an overall taboo topic?

Link: bbc.com/news/magazine-22152700

>That's also how I was thinking about it but The thing with islamic rules is generally to be better safe than sorry.

Chechens and Tatars drink alcohol without a problem. I remember my grandfather's friend, a very old and traditional Tatar, like arranged marriage tier (during USSR), would drink beer on ramadan during the day. He'd say God forgives if you do it in company, tho he wouldn't go as far as drink vodka on ramadan during daytime.

Christianity eventually did spread by tje sword, but originally it spread only internally to the Empire and in some very small and irrelevant areas. Chritianity spread making the empire collapse.

Most muslim countries aside from places like maybe Iran and Saudi Arabia also have sex ed aside from that friends and parents ofcourse.

Ofcourse not every person does it but he should atleast have fasted during ramadan.

Well it also started with islam like that within medina only when the prophet and his followers got expelled and prosecuted did he start getting aggressive.

Meant mecca sorry

What Islamic scholar/sect is the biggest meme? I'm talking about Mormon-tier wackiness.

I don't know any meme worthy sect actually generally mormonism tier things wouldn't fly within islam.

Can you please get out of non-Arab countries and stay there? If there's someone who wants to become Muslims elsewhere, then he must migrate to these Arab countries.

Sorry can't do that.

One last question.

What do you think is the biggest reason for the success of Islam compared to every religion besides Christianity?

Another muslim here I'll share my thoughts

Its the most recent abrahamic religion.

Yeah but I dont really pray or anything and eat pork and drink wine.

Im from Istanbul so cant tell you much about middle east. In Turkey there is at least some effort by some people even though not much government backing.

>Was it good
By that times standards, yes of course.
>Was it holy
I doubt that.

Those two arent really related. People in developing countries are usually racist when nationalism is used to unite and/or control people.

Religion is a way of giving meaning. Choosing atheism is like choosing not to enjoy music in my opinion.

Its good I wish Islam had a similar movement too.

>muhammed flew on a horselike creature
Nah not literally.
>Is killing aposthates justified?
Nah.

Sunniism getting too big ruined things. Exchange of ideas between different schools is what caused the islamic golden age.
>inb4 islamic golden age is a meme
No.

As far as I know thats the case too.

I think it has several.
First people who are generally prosperous forget religion until a time of hardship comes along and lately the muslim world had a very bad time.
Secondly the breakdown of traditions within former christian countries also broke down the authority of the church.
Finally I think individualism did away with societal control so nobody cares about what you do anymore as you don't really have to keep face.