Why does nobody talk about the Z3? I think it's better than the Miata

Why does nobody talk about the Z3? I think it's better than the Miata.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ok4dBOcYTHw
bmwcca.org/forum/index.php?threads/z3-rear-suspension-side-hop.3891/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

more powerful, yes.

But it is also heavier and more expensive

*teleports behind you*
*cracks subframe*
*wears out shift pins*
*blows VANOS seals*

nothinpersonnel, kinder

Drove an auto Z3 400 to 500 miles a week for months. No major problems. Biggest issue was replacing the brake light switch.

Mechanic here
There shit

It is literally the ugliest car I can think of.

cause it's trash

I remember every other Boomer yuppie driving those things when they were new but now they've fallen off a cliff, never see them around anymore.

I know I ran the numbers and it was heavier and slower than a Miata and I went NEXT!

the only part better is the engine, and that can have its share of issues. I like them more than miatas, but the miata is a much better car.

i have one with 266000+ miles on it and ive used it as a daily driver for the past 3 years. these things (4 cyl M44) are literally the most reliable and bulletproof BMW's ever made. lol

yeah but why settle for a z3 of you can have an slk?

Not to derail the thread, but what's Veeky Forums's opinion on the Z4? There's a number of them for sale around me, usually around $10K and under 70K miles and a couple for $8K and around 100K miles.

ive been looking for a convertible roadster lately, the biggest thing that puts me off is the cost of repairs.
>IB lol, you couldnt afford it anyway

the only thing that is costly is the hood of the car which easily exceeds its value (1000+ USD for a HOOD!). if you want a shortcut on pricing, just remember that the entire car is a parts bin car except for the body panels and some of the interior. E36 front, E30 back

hydraulics roof breaks - you are fucked sideways in 4 digit repairs unless you know how to disassemble a hydraulic cylinder or pump

soft roof breaks - spend and afternoon with grandma chatting with her while she patches it for you

>those bedroom eyes

yeah but why settle for an slk if you can have a knockoff slk?

Hardtop conversion bruh.

i'd take a Z4M or 35is over any miata. but the 3.0 or 30i aren't that quick, let alone the 28i or lower. i'd rather have a miata ND over those variants.

OMG a car needed a repair? Throw it in the garbage, unreliable POS.

Because the Boxster is better in just about every single way

Goodluck finding one lmao

*cracks subframe*
>only happens to abused cars, most people who bought Z3's were old men who didn't really fuck with them. Only really applies to M cars and coupes
*wears out shift pins*
>cheap fix
*blows VANOS seals*
>cheap but kinda nightmare fix

I had an 02' Z3; i loved it. its the most comfortable roadster i've ever been in; the driving position was perfect for me. Also has a much bigger trunk and interior space than any of the other options.

If i were to get one again though, i would hold out for a coupe, M or not.
>or an s2k

>M44
>Most reliable BMW engine ever

Come on kiddo. The m44 can't hold a candle to the m5x range. Don't get me wrong they are pretty great engines but compared to the m5x they are terrible. The m5x is that good.

In reply to OP, the z3 doesn't get talked about because the E30 and E36 compact are basically roofed versions of it for a lot cheaper that look better. The z3 isn't really thee same style as the miata, it's heavier and less feel some.

But the Boxster has 2 trunks

Yeah, i messed up

boxster has the biggest trunk space

but the interior space is just awful. Pre 2003 ones didn't even have gloveboxes, and the stereo system is god awful because it doesnt have any speakers behind the driver unless equipped with the dumb bose system.

also ims meme, and hvac insulation rotting and throwing little pieces of foam at me whenever i mess with it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ok4dBOcYTHw

I own a boxster now actually. I really like it. I would gladly go back to a Z3 coupe though. Simply because of those two things i mentioned, and some kind of peace of mind regarding the IMS because my particular car is low mileage and still hasn't had it changed.

If you buy a 4 pot one, you are no better than the poorfags who pretend they are rich just because they drive a bmw but bought the cheapest one possible because they cant afford to mantain a proper bimmer

Define low mileage

And I really don't see the point of a Z3 over a Boxster unless its a Z3M. But for that money you can get a C5Z

>Not to derail the thread, but what's Veeky Forums's opinion on the Z4?

Two words: not German

Thats becasue they are 20 years old user.

>Mechanic here
>There shit
I can tell

You know what ruined the Z3 for me?

Finding out that Chris Chan owned one.

shit rear suspension

bmwcca.org/forum/index.php?threads/z3-rear-suspension-side-hop.3891/

Its got the E30's rear suspension, while not great, it isn't shit either seeing as how often they're used as track toys.

What he has pictured is at least Austrian. Only the first gen z4's were built in the US.

same problems as a 3 series but in a smaller harder to work on , parts taxed package because muh z series.

>onlty happens to abused cars
It happens to any trim with a larger engine (think anything past 1.8l is susceptible). The design literally can not handle the torks. If your idea of abused is revving the engine up to a point where it makes more power to a geo metro with any degree of frequency, then yeah. Driveline shock from clutch kick drifts and bad shifting will definitely accelerate it but it happens regardless.
>cheap fix
Dropping the tranny isn't very fun, and it's neither a permanent fix nor a complete fix. IIRC, there are a few wear items inside the gearbox that still leave the shifter a bit funky.
>cheap but kinda nightmare fix
Indeed. What's with europeans and cheaping out on their seals? Porsche and their IMS bearings, BMW and their VANOS.

overall it's just another BMW that totally wasn't built to go to shit after the warranty ended, and all the usual problems are totally normal maintenance and taking care of your car despite not being in the shop manual's service interval table.

only has 25k miles

And yeah, as i said i wouldnt go back to one unless it was a coupe/ M coupe.

doesn't feel as good to drive, but it's much more comfortable and i like the styling a lot more.
if they didn't cost double the price of a late model NB miata in the north east i might have gotten one

because you look like you have a 55 year old vagina because those are the only type of human who thinks that pile of trash looks good.

It's fucking ugly.

Funny you mention that. My uncle in his late 50's has owned a Z3 for years. Cool car, but the dash is badly warped from sitting in the sun. Odd, considering his giant house has a 3-car garage...

I did ask him one time why he hasn't upgraded to the Z4. He thinks it looks feminine.

I worked as a tire installer in the GTA for 7 years and I have driven almost every make and model. For a coupe the Z3 is my favourite as compared to an S2000, boxter, Miatas, etc.

Other top contenders:
Carrera 4S, Acura CSX type S

There literally is not a problem free car.
Anything you mentioned is nothing too expensive to fix, reminder that a BMW will operate fine with a fucked VANOS system.

>Be me waiting for friend at car meet
>He shows up in his miata
>Miata gets a lot of shit on here and I want to know why
>I ask friend if I can drive his miata >He tells me to go for it
>I get in his car and there's a bad smell, smells almost like rotten eggs
>Ask friend and he says it's cause he needs to clean the car
>So I start the car and put it into reverse
>Friend stops me and asks what I'm doing
>I tell him I'm backing out the spot
>Friend tells me I'm using the shifter wrong
>Confused as fuck I ask him to show me how to shift
>I get out the car and my friend stands up on the seats
>I ask him why he's standing on the seats and he says just watch
>He then proceeds to pull down his shorts and squats over the shifter, spreading his ass cheeks
>The knob gently pierces his asshole as he tells me this is how you shift
>He proceeds to do burnouts in the parking lot as he shifts gears smoothly with his tightly clenched asshole
>I'm astonshied by this but now I see why Veeky Forums likes the miata so much, I've never seen a car shift so smoothly before with nothing but a tight asshole

#AnalGameStrong
#DoodieKnob