Conversions

Nissan has the Sileighty

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3etFKjGiibc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Honda has the Integra

Toyota has the Curren

Mitsubishi has the Mirage Evo

So what do US domestics and European cars have for conversions?

>implying conversions don't exist for other companies outside of Japan

Jesus fucking Christ.

thats not a conversion

he never implied that you autists?

Er, I don't know shit about nipboxes, what's the theme here? The Sil80 is a 180SX with a Silvia front end attached, primarily an aftermarket thing and was only done 'officially' in very small numbers by a third party contracted to do so; what's the theme with the rest of them? Just cars with different names?

These are not conversions

Here is an S13 with JDM Honda Odyssey head lights.

not the person you replied to but nobody knows if they are actual conversions or the original things.

for example, people swap the JDM DC2 front end on the North American Integras since people find it better looking.

They are in a sense that you change out a set of panels and potentially drivetrain for a different appearance or performance.

S14.3

Nissan S14 with flip ups from RPS13

how do you know those specific ones are actual conversions and not the original car?

>you change out a set of panels and potentially drivetrain for a different appearance or performance.
So... the same thing the 'states have been doing for well over fifty years?

both of you are dumb as fuck and are totally talking about two different things.

love how things get lost in translation over the internet.

fucking idiots.

The dune buggy is the definition of a conversion. Most US shit is in the drivetrain (LS, tremec trans, mustang rear).

kys

gross

all the cool dune buggies are aircooled

I meant that most conversions on US cars are under the surface.

Pontiac G8 has the Holden Ute

there are still a few front end conversions out there tho

Other way around mate.

>using the statesman front end and not the VE SS front

posted wrong pic, whoops

please, enlighten us

Comanchero

You can do the conversion yourself. You don't need some customs shop to hold your hand.

True they could just be the real jdm, but you can say the same for converting to the usdm front ends or whatnot.

Now this is what i was looking for. Any germans or italians or french in the mix? Would you even be able to tell if you swapped porsche stuff around?

The Bolf and the Gora come to mind. MK4 front end swaps.

There's the mk4 Golf and Bora/Jetta front swap, which also works the other way around (Golf front on a Jetta/Bora).

You can also get the front off a mk4 Golf Cabrio and put it on a regular mk3 Golf/Jetta/Vento, since the mk4 Cabrio is actually just a mk3 with a mk4 style front.

The 986 Boxster is pretty much identical to the 996 911 up to the doors, so Turbo-style front conversions are pretty easy.

3rd gen 4Runner with a 1st gen Tacoma front end

That's actually kinda slick

This one isn't much but I like gc8 bumpers on corollas.

Well, to be fair, most conversions in jap cars are because of shit we cant get, IE s14.5/s14 with R33 front end/R324/S13 with JDM silvia front end etc etc etc. In all honesty I think the S14 kouki looks really good stock

Stagea R34

RX7/8

Looks fucking shit though

cant believe I forgot about these yesterday

the Cadirado

Looks better than an RX8

...but far worse than any generation of FD

>Takes the most beautiful car in the entire world, defacto
>Makes it an ugly piece of shit

What the fuck?

110r with a 1000MB front + 105 bumpers (I guess)

That is FOUL!
That looks kind of neat. Looks like something that'd be in a low budget videogame that diddn't ave the cash to license actual cars.
That would look really nice with a functioning suspension, and not that upturned shit that looks like you just stepped on a hotwheels
That' the most exican thing i've ever seen in my life

I see you one gm and raise you another

Silverado on a camaro

really tho there are a lot of A and G body swaps

Damn, that shit is ugly.

Well it is a mk4 after all.

the gora is...slightly less horrible

This thread is awesome

So is there a good site to buy and ship jdm front clips?

86 front on a supra

This was a Mazda 2.

r34 front on r33

shooped.

rx8 front clip, rx8 roof, rx8 rear clip, rx8 kick panels,rx7 hatch glass, rx7 upper door half.

It has been done for real though, and looks even worse.

Mercury Cougar Ranchero

Edsel Ranchero. Someone else already posted the Mercury Cyclone Ranchero.

GMC Avalanche

Here's another Edsel Ranchero I found looking for something else.

Minor swap, but a swap nonetheless. Silverado HD front on a short half-ton.

There was an Escarado earlier in the thread. Here's the current gen.

W126 with C126 front. Not sure if this one requires fabbing.

For the following gen it's the opposite that works better. C140 with W140 front. Fabbing definitely required, you kinda have to blend both bumpers into one another, and move the headlight and bumper mounts if I recall correctly.

noice stance, Pancho.

Here's a big one. Buick Grand Camino, including the engine. Literal dream car material.

Pontiac El Safari

Pontiac El Grand Am. Hard to even remember the names of all these cars, but GM is swapper's heaven.

No clue what the guy even did here because the body parts between light duty and heavy duty Fords don't line up so either he dropped a Super Duty single cab and short bed onto a light duty frame or he shortened a Super Duty and got a short bed for it, but single cab short bed Super Dutys were never sold by Ford.

Here's one that makes sense. Swapping a recent Super Duty front on an Excursion since that's what it is, a Super Duty with a roof and barn doors in the back, only it wasn't built for as long as the Super Duty.

Surprisingly rare one, Buick Fleetwood Estate. I've only ever been able to find two other photos of this swap, one of a work in progress and one that's still on Google Images but the link is 404.

The VW Scirocco front swaps right over to the Eos convertible. But this being the Veedub crowd you can only find it on cars that are stanced to oblivions.

'00-'04 Focus with '05-'07 burger facelift SAP front end

The Mk4 Golf is a real mess in terms of what bodystyle got sold with what front in what market and some of them look pretty ugly, but the Mk3 Golf with a Jetta front works quite well.

American market Infiniti Q45 in the making with a Japanese market Nissan President front, which basically makes it a slightly worse equipped Nissan President with the steering wheel on the correct side, or a Q45 with a much better looking front.

This is the most slav car I've seen.

And finally one that I've been meaning to post since the Rancheros, but completely forgot. Infiniti Titan, which is basically Nissan's version of the Escarado.

J60 front end on J80

Changing fenders, headlamps, hood, bumper, deck lid, floor pan, engine, transmission, rear diff and suspension from a mirage to an older evo isn't a conversion.

Are you retarded?

Volvo S80 with a V70 front end

Volkswagen R34
youtube.com/watch?v=3etFKjGiibc

This was a 350Z

Let's also not forget someone made their own version of a SilEighty with an older Soarer front clip mounted to a Mk.III Supra

I saw that thing years ago. I cannot imagine the inspiration, to planning, to executing a build like this.

Proton Putra WRC

Not a conversion but looks like an Impreza and Lancer had a baby

Savana front end with fd rear end

You spelled "Chevscalade" wrong.

Pretty sure that's a one piece fiberglass front. Fenders look way too flared.

kinda into it desu

they call it the soapra

here's some odyssey lights on a soarer (sc300)

I got a Bluebird front end on a S14

Over 1 GB? wow

Your world sounds shit.

Close. It's a Malaysian Mitsubishi.

Based on the Mirage/Lancer platform with a Mitsubishi 4cyl

Mustang front end on a fairmont wagon

Since GM copied the JEE TEE ARU's taillights because they can't compete, would it be possible to "convert" an Impala to look like a JEE TEE ARU?

> GM copied the JEE TEE ARU
no
chevy has used round tails off and on since forever

Fenders are flared because of extra wheel travel but the front clip is real. Tacoma is basically just a longer 4Runner

Dodge magnums can take a 300c front end. Looks pretty sweet.

Post a pic user. Don't just tell us